Misunderstanding

The Second Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seoul, 2013



He slammed his office door shut, immediately walking over to his desk and sitting down as his body slouched forward. He couldn't believe all that happened in the past day, from his messing around with Jonghyun, to Jessica's surprise pregnancy, to Jonghyun's public confession. Onew didn't know why his life was so complicated, but he had already realized that with Jonghyun around him again, his life would never again be as peaceful as it once was.

"This is just so stupid." he muttered to himself, leaning back in his seat and closing his eyes, exhaustion suddenly filling his entire body. He didn't want to be the one stopping Jonghyun from living his dream just because he loved the male. What would others say, anyway, if the two of them went public? Onew wanted to love Jonghyun again, but the scars of the past and fears of the future limited him from doing just that.

A knock on his door wakened him from his thoughts and he rolled his eyes slightly with a soft sigh, "Come in, Jonghyun."

Jonghyun had walked in, just as Onew expected him to, and just like any other time, when Jonghyun came around, Onew's pain and fears erased themselves for a moment. His eyes were glued to the male standing in the doorway, watching as he slowly shut the door and made his way toward him. As he sat forward in his seat, he was pushed back, Jonghyun straddling his thighs.

Onew let out a tired sigh as he looked away, his arms at his sides, "What do you want?"

They were interrupted by a knock on the door, but this time, rather than push Jonghyun away, the younger pecked Onew's lips before climbing off, sitting across the desk as a few idols walked in, including Jessica's younger sister, Jung Krystal, the two males he had met in the elevator his first time entering the building, and who Jonghyun had mentioned as Tiffany.

One by one, the idols got down on their knees, and in complete shock, both Onew and Jonghyun stood up.

"Please forgive them for what they did to you." They all spoke at once, causing the confusion to quickly face from Jonghyun's face as he chuckled.

"Get off your knees, everyone." Jonghyun said, walking over and gently pulling Krystal off the ground, Onew doing the same for Tiffany, "It already happened, and it happened for the best."

Sehun and the one known as Jongin, or Kai stood on their own and bowed, the one named Sehun stepping up and warpping his hand around Onew's in a firm shake, "I know it might not be what you want to hear, but I support you and Jonghyun sunbae."

Blinking rapidly, Onew was about to speak, but arms wrapped around him, and he looked down to see Tiffany gripping onto him. Slowly, he wrapped his own arms around the younger female and looked up at Jonghyun, who looked away with a slight pout on his lips.

"I'm sorry for everything you and Jonghyun have went through." she whispered against his chest, "But you can be together now, and you can be happy together forever. We'll all support it."

"You've got something wrong." Onew said, pulling away from Tiffany to look at all the other idols there, "We can't be together, even if Jonghyun and Jessica cannot be together anymore for many reasons."

"Like what?" Jongin scoffed, taking steps forward and cupping Onew's chin, tilting his head up, "Like that threat from the manager?"

"What threat?" Jonghyun asked, just above a whisper. However, when he realized he wasn't going to get an answer, he slammed his hand on Onew's desk, "Goddammit, Lee Jinki. You make me look like the bad guy but you've kept secrets and threats from me?"

The idols looked at each other and at the now bickering couple, and slowly, they all fled from the room.

"Fine, I'll tell you." Onew sighed as he kept his gaze away from the male to start explaining.

Seoul, 2013



Jinki yawned as he got up Wednesday morning and started getting himself ready for school. His smile was plastered on his face, his lips puckered just slightly as he whistled, gliding around his room and tripping several times over nothing. He fell several times, but each time he got up, he had kept that smile on his face, placing a hand over his chest to try and calm down the beating of his heart.

"Lee Jinki, you're in love with him." He laughed breathlessly at his own mood, a mental image of Jonghyun's smiling eyes in his mind. He was just too excited to see his younger companion again, forgetting all their previous troubles and concerns. He even skipped down the stairs as he left his house, quickly climbing into his car and driving off to school with his radio playing loudly.

The rest of his friends were waiting for him in the parking lot, surprisingly, and as Jinki parked and got out of his car, they slowly walked over to him, each one sporting a small grin after seeing Jinki's brightness.

"Hyung, you're in a good mood again." Taemin beamed, leaning up and pressing his lips against Jinki's cheeks ever so briefly, pulling back with a soft chuckle.

In surprise, Jinki's mouth widened as he blinked at the younger male, but soon, the surprise faded away and he nodded, ruffling Taemin's hair gently, "Yeah, today seems like it will be a good day."

Out of the corner of his eye, Jinki noticed Jonghyun grinning at the two of them, a twinkle of jealousy shining. However, when Jinki sent a wink at him, Jonghyun quickly looked away, his cheeks tinted lightly in red.

"Hyung." Kibum said suddenly, running his hand through Jinki's hair, "We should hang out today after school. We haven't done much hanging out, and you're about to graduate."

Minho also walked forward, slinging his arm around Jinki's shoulder, the latter blinking dumbly at his arm. Minho leaned in close to his ear and chuckled softly, "I'd say yes. You know how Kibum gets."

"Key the diva." they all chorused. Key was a nickname they had given to Kibum after Kibum had received a letter from someone saying he was the Key to their heart. However, they hardly called Kibum by the nickname in case the person who made the confession would show up and get upset.

"Jonghyun-ah." Three of the males gave off unheard sighs, and Jinki looked at them, blinking, but all three looked to the other side, where Jessica and her two friends were walking up to them, Jessica frowning slightly when seeing Jinki in their midst. Jinki felt his shoulders drop, but Minho squeezed him gently and looked down at the older male, sending him a reassuring smile.

"Oh, Jessica-ah." Jonghyun said, smiling as he waved, stopping his steps as they stood in front of each other. Jinki felt his stomach clench in jealousy as he remembered that kiss, and how everyone had been so supporting of them when seeing them on stage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter