As If

The Second Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bangkok, 2013

 

"I can't let you have him." The young female's voice lingered in his mind. "He gave me another chance to live, and in return, I'll help him chase his dreams."

Onew ruffled his hair in frustration, leaning his head forward so that it was resting on his work desk. He had been working on the new plans he had for his business, but all of a sudden, those thoughts popped into his head and no matter what, he couldn't push them back.

It wasn't his entire fault, of course. If only that Kibum hadn't called his mom in order to get in contact with him, Onew would be having another peaceful day, like he wanted.

"He says the person you love might become single again." They were referring to Jonghyun, his first and only love.

He stood up and walked over to the window, looking out to view the beautiful city which was Bangkok. In order to forget him, to forget the pain the younger male had given to him without even knowing, he had moved out of his homeland, and worked very diligently, becoming a CEO to what was slowly becoming a global company which created and distributed music all over the world.

"They know where you are now, and Kibum told me to tell you to book a ticket here for next week." Kibum had a way of squeezing information out of anyone and using it against them, and Onew and his mother were not exceptions, "Taemin already booked your hotel room, and Minho's planning the get-together party."

Onew didn't want a party- heck, he didn't even want to go back because he knew he'd have to see Jonghyun there and maybe, just maybe, his heart would still beat so quickly, yearning for him.

Kicking his shoes off, Onew sprawled himself out on his large couch, staring up at the ceiling for a few moments before closing his eyes and remembering everything he'd worked hard to forget, as well as his past identity, as Lee Jinki.

Seoul, 2008

 

The school hallways were flooded with student bodies, chatting and laughing with each other on their way to class or to their friends. Jinki walked into school with a bright smile on his lips and his eyes tilting upwards like they usually did when he was in a good mood- almost every moment of every day.

"Oh, Jinki oppa, you look handsome today!" one of the girls he passed by said shyly, and Jinki bowed as he accepted the compliment, knocking into someone's head as he stood back up.

"Ow, hyung!" That was Lee Taemin, the younger boy who had his hair cascading down his face in an almost feminine way, his soft brown eyes pouting as he rubbed his head.

Jinki grabbed the younger male's head, rubbing it, "Sorry, Taemin-ah, hyung was being clumsy again."

Some girls walking by the two cooed at the way Jinki was treating Taemin- they were almost brothers, by the way they acted.

"Why is it you're always dragging attention to yourselves?" another voice asked from behind. He sighed, and by the tone of the voice, Jinki knew it was Choi Minho. He was tall, didn't say much, and was on almost every athletic team in the school.

"Oh, Minho-ah, you're here already." Jinki said in surprise. Minho was one who didn't really care for coming in early, as he ran around the track every free moment he had.

"Yeah, and it only took me half an hour to drag him off the track field." Kim Kibum smirked from behind Minho. He popped up from behind the male, wearing his designer shades and random patches of pink on his school uniform. Kibum had always been obsessed with fashion, and was labeled as a diva by the females of the school.

Jinki smiled at his friends- they were all so close to each other, practically even brothers. Minho waved at us as he turned around to go back to the track field, only to be pulled back by Kibum.

"You can't go, we have to find Jjong and give him his lunch." Kibum explained, rolling his eyes playfully. Jjong was a nickname for their friend, the one closest to Jinki's age, birth name Kim Jonghyun. Jonghyun was a singer, and like Minho, spent all his time doing what he did best. However, that meant he almost always forgot to take his lunch to school and starved himself until he got home late at night. Kibum, living right next door, took it upon himself to always take his lunch to Jonghyun personally.

The thought made Jinki smile softly; they all really were so thoughtful of one another, that sometimes he felt out of place. He was the eldest, and also very awkward and clumsy- heck, they even made up the Sangtae for him. He never felt like he was a part of the crew. He wasn't cute like Taemin, or bold like Kibum, or athletic like Minho, and he definitely wasn't talented like Jonghyun. Jonghyun could move mountains with one note, and he was confident in this skill. Jinki wished to be confident in something other than his education.

Letting out an unheard sigh, his head whipped to the side as a brown haired blur ran by, almost crashing into Kibum. Blinking once, Jinki realized the blur was none other than Jonghyun, who took Kibum into a headlock, playfully ruffling his hair.

"You got my lunch for me again." Jonghyun grinned widely, his white teeth flashing. Jonghyun had many sides to him. He was confident, humble, and affectionate, compassionate... and had few negative personality traits.

"Hyung, at this rate, Kibum weill become your parents' son, and not you." Taemin laughed softly, trying to pry the excited Jonghyun off of Kibum.

Jonghyun then realized the rest of his friends were there, and then turned to Jinki, blinking his eyes before turning to the others and starting a conversation avidly. Jinki was used to this, of course- being the awkward one meant he usually kept his mouth shut so the others wouldn't become awkward as well. The four of them talked about joining the school's talent exhibition as a team. They were all into performing on stage, everyone but Jinki, of course. Jinki never sang to anyone but his mother when she was sick. Ani, everyone thought Jinki was only the class nerd who didn't socialize much.

Hearing his name, his eyes ros

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter