Still Can't Let Go { Yoseob x Alayne x Hyunseung }

K-Galaxy [ 'Oneshots' Collection ]

Written for: RyshaaaLayneee

Song Used: Yang Yoseob's CAFFEINE { http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_1mHu--sWw }


 

Chocolate wrappers here and there -- that's what welcomed Hye Ji when she stepped into the apartment. The house was a mess and things were jumbled around it is as if a storm has just passed by. Picking up the wrappers that trailed on the floor and coffee table, Hye Ji spotted her cousin on the terrace, eating a bar of chocolate.

"Oh noona, you came?" A little laugh and a sad voice greeted, without turning to her.

"Ya Yoseob, do you plan to turn your house into a junk shop? Look! Things are scattered everywhere.. and this..." She held out the wrappers on her right hand. ".. what are these? Just how much of it have you eaten today? And now you are even eating another one again." She commented as she saw the half-eaten bar Yoseob was holding.

"Aigoo.." Yoseob sighed. "Just let me be, noona. Let us just say I am mourning over someone.. but the person did not really pass away."

"W-what? What do you mean? What happened?" Asked his puzzled cousin.

Yoseob walked to the couch and yanked the things that have scattered there away before plopping down. His eyes looked so tired and sad as he just cried yet again and his hair was in a mess like he just woke up. Taking another bite of the chocolate he has, he opened his mouth again to speak but the only thing he managed to say was ''It's over."

He has been like that for a few days now since the love of his life, Alayne, left him for another guy. It is really painful for him because he loved her so much but in the end, she only betrayed him. They were together for 5 long years and originally, he had planned on asking her hand in marriage but he felt like everything suddenly fell apart when he found out about the truth.

 

 

FLASHBACK:

"Thank you." Yoseob said to the lady as he took the small paper bag from the glass table and walked out of the shop. Inside the black paper bag was a box of white silver ring he bought as an engagement ring for his long-time girlfriend, Alayne. That night, he was planning to propose marriage to her and he wants everything to go smoothly. As he was walking back home, he took his hand phone and decided to call her but stopped for a moment when he saw someone from across the street. The girl looked pretty much like Alayne and she was talking with a guy with blonde hair and pretty face. "Ani, of course it's not her.. it can't be her." He laughed and shook his head and continued walking. He called Alayne and told her to meet him later at his house because he has a surprise. Disregarding what he saw earlier, he walked faster to get home earlier so he can prepare his surprise.

 

-oOo-

 

Alayne slowly put her phone down after her conversation with Yoseob ended. "Oppa, can you please send me home first? Yoseob oppa told me to meet him later at his house for a surprise. I need to prepare.. Maybe I should already tell him.. but I don't know how.. I cannot bear to see him in person, what should I do?" She looked at the guy in front her with expressionless eyes as she put her phone back in her pocket.

"Arasseo but let's just think about that later, okay?" The guy smiled as her opened the passenger door of his car for her.

"Oh, I think I know now!" She brightened up. "I will just write him a letter containing things I want to say, and leave it on his doorstep.. I just hope he isn't home when I do that."

 

-oOo-

 

Yoseob arrived at his house after some minute of walk. He placed the paper bag on the coffee table first as he went straight to his kitchen to start preparing something good for later. "I hope Alayne will like the food that I will prepare." He busied himself in the kitchen for almost two hours, cooking different favorite dishes of his girlfriend.

Finally, it was evening and he was already excited. He touched up things a little more to make sure that the place looks beautiful. There were also flowers and chocolates on the dining table, as well as scented candles waiting to be lit. Alayne, on the other hand, was already on her way to his house while bringing the letter she had written earlier. Yoseob kept looking at clock, wondering why his girlfriend has not come yet when he suddenly heard the door bell rang. Thinking it was already Alayne, he quickly walked to the door and opened it but was surprised to see no one. Instead, he noticed a mailing envelope placed next to his door mat when he was about to close the door. He picked it up and opened it.. but reading the words written on it only made him regret seeing it.

 

'Oppa, I know I should have told this long before but I didn't know how. I want to end whatever we have now for I am already with someone new and he makes me happier. Thank you, sorry, and goodbye. -- Alayne'

 

His eyes scanned on the paper, reading the words again and again, and he could not believe a single word in that note. He felt mad.. and hurt. He wanted to believe someone only played a prank on him and sent that note.. that it was really not his girlfriend who sent it. Taking the note with him, he rushed out the house and drove off to Alayne's. While he was on his way, he also kept calling her but it will only go to her voicemail each time. "Ani.. you won't do this to me, right? I know you wouldn't." He drove faster to reach there as soon as possible.

After about 30 minutes of drive, he arrived at the street where Alayne lives. He quickly walked to her house only to stop at the scene in front of him.. The car he saw that afternoon he came from the jewelry shop was parked right in front of Alayne's house and the same guy from earlier walked out from the house, with Alayne following behind him.

"Oppa~" He heard her call the guy. "Here, I packed some food for you." Then she handed him a small paper bag and pecked his cheek.

Not wanting to waste another minute, he slowly approached the two and called out to Alayne. The scene alone was already suprising to Yoseob but what suprised him even more was when he saw the guy wrapped an arm around Alayne's waist, making him furious.

"What's this?" He asked as he showed the envelope to her, his eyes still on the arm around her. "And who's he?" He looked at the guy with questioning eyes.

"Hyunseung imnida." The guy stretched his hand for a shake but Yoseob refused to acknowledge. "I'm asking her, not you." He spatted.

They stood there in silence for some more minutes before Alayne finally decided to speak. "That letter? I sent it just tonight. I didn't think you will still come here for confirmation after reading that." She laughed. "I'm sorry.. it's just, I got bored so I'm leaving you for another.

"You heard her, right?" Hyunseung butted in. "The two of you are now over so just leave her alone." Then he opened his car, ushering Alayne inside but Yoseob grabbed the collar of his shirt and pushed him against the side of his car. His eyes were filled with anger at the moment.. but more than that, it showed hurt although he didn't let Hyunseung see it because it will only make him look weak. He wanted to say bad things to him.. he wanted to punch him on the face to show how mad and hurt he feels at the moment, but he could not bring himself to. He released him and threw the letter to the floor before walking away, without uttering another word.

He arrived at his apratment, feeling so down. He walked lifelessly as if he was a zombie and headed straight to the kitchen. Seeing the complete and perfect set-up he made earlier, anger filled him and he slightly laughed to himself before turning the table upside down, not caring if the food will be wasted. Slumping down against the wall and to the cold floor, he didn't even realize that he started to cry. Then he stared at the paper bag that had the ring in it... and the only word he was able make out was 'why'.

-end-

 

"I knew it! I knew I had to come here right away when your mom asked me to." Hye Ji told Yoseob. His parents have been out of the country for almost a month already. That night after Yoseob broke down, his mother called to check on things and when he heard his weak voice, she knew something was wrong and it made her worry so she asked his cousin if she could check on him and see what the matter was. Hye Ji is almost like Yoseob's older sister who is very caring and also mother-like that's why his mother trusted her in this.

"Ani, you shouldn't have.. I'm alright." Yoseob tried to convince her as he played with the melting chocolate in his hands, which Hye Ji noticed. "Ya, you weren't contended with just eating loads of chocolate that now you're even playing with it?" She asked him, her toned a little raised and Yoseob just laughed and told her to let him be.

"Well, this is one among those chocolates that I was going to give to Alayne that night.. I just don't want it to go to waste so I'm eating it little by little."

"Ya, you need to sleep now.. it's late. And stop eating that already!" Hye Ji scolded her younger cousin as she started cleaning up the place.

"But I can't sleep.. I keep on thinking about her.. I just can't forget her. And even if I sleep, I am sure I will only dream about her.. about us.. and start believing again that 'we' still exist. So it's better to stay awake like this.." Then he took another bar of chocolate and looked at it. "She's just like this chocolate.. keeping me awake and making me addicted." He sighed and threw it away.

"Yoseobbie~" Hye Ji worriedly called as she took a seat beside him and his hair, pulling his head to her shoulder. "Then do you want to go somwhere fun and lively? Maybe it will help you forget her a bit." She suggested to him and he agreed, thinking that it might help the situation.

 

-oOo-

 

'Like a domino, everybody line up
Which Romeo should I play with first?
Rock your body come on, come on, come on, come on
All night long, na na na na woo woo woo woo woo
As if my whole body witll break, I'll be strong
Fun & funky on top of this stage
With me come on, come on, come on, come on
As the dawn breaks na na na na woo woo woo woo woo'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB03VebU8lE }

 

The restaurant was filled with music and lights as Yoseob and Hye Ji walked in. The atmosphere is up and the people were enjoying.. probably being in a place like his will help Yoseob after all. Hye Ji pulled him to the front and sat on an empty spot near the stage. On the stage were four people -- a male drummer, 2 male guitarists, and a female vocalist. Yoseob watched them as they performed and a little smile curved up his lips.

"You know? I come here whenever I have a bad day and it helps me forget my problems." Hye Ji whispered to him a little loud so he could clearly hear. "Oh wait, I'll just go to the ladies' room first. Wait for me here." She tapped Yoseob's shoulder before leaving him and went to the rest room.

Yoseob called a waiter and ordered for some snacks while waiting for Hye Ji. He started tapping his fingers to the beat of the music as he looked around the place, admiring the good structure and design and also trying to familiarize it. As his eyes continued scanning, he spotted something he didn't expect right across from where their table is -- a guy and a lady, who looked much like Hyunseung and Alayne, sitting closely to each other like there was no enough space for both of them to sit and being so sweet to each other. At first he tried to ignore it, but when he heard the lady's laughter, it caught his attention and he looked at them again, and he was surprised to confirm that it is really Alayne.

But he didn't look away.. he continued watching them being sweet to each other for some more minutes even if it already hurts him so much. It hurt him even more when he saw Hyunseung kissing her and that was the time when he averted his gaze because he could not take it anymore. He stood up from the table, not waiting for his cousin to come back, and decided to leave but just then, Hye Ji came back and called his name a bit loud, making Hyunseung and Alayne hear as well.

"You're leaving now? We just got here.." Hye Ji asked him as he turned to her.

"Oh, look who's here!" Hyunseung suddenly cut the in and stood up to walk towards him. "Alayne's EX-boyfriend." He emphasized the 'ex' part and saw Yoseob glaring at him. "What? It's true! Isn't it, Alayne?" He turned his head to look at her and Alayne mouthed 'don't', telling him that she doen't want a fight to start but he didn't listen. He kept provoking Yoseob telling him how better off Alayne is without him until Yoseob lost control and pushed him against the wall, throwing him a punch to his left cheek, causing the other people to get startled but Hyunseung just simply touched his face and let out a chuckle, not seeming to be affected at all. "Why are you affected? Are you still hurting? Aww, don't worry.. that feeling will soon leave." He calmly stated and tapped Yoseob's arm lightly.

"Look.. I'm sure you still remember what she told me before, right? She said she was bored so she left me. I'm sure she will do the same thing to you as soon as she gets 'bored' then leave you for someone better." Yoseob gripped on Hyunseung's collar tighter. "I can give more than just a punch if you wish to.. so don't provoke me again.. you won't like it." He pushed Hyunseung once more before letting him go.

"Let's go, noona!" He stormed off the restaurant, with Hye Ji trailing behind.

 

-oOo-

 

It was already midnight but Yoseob was still up and spending some time alone with another bar of chocolate at his bedroom's terrace. The scene earlier kept replaying in his head... Alayne leaning against Hyuneung and smiling as he kissed her. He tried shaking the image off his head but it just won't leave.

"Aish Alayne, why do you do this to me? I love you.. and that's the reaosn I can't get over.. the reason why I can't let go." He took the white silver ring from his pocket and stared at it as he let out a deep sigh. He stared at it for a short moment before suddenly coating it in the meleted chocolate bar and placed it on the railing.

 

 

 

"Please.. just for once, let me forget about you."

 

 

He leaned both arms on the railing and buried his head in between. He stayed in that position for a few hours until dawn break, still not able to sleep.