The Cafe that brought us together also tore us apart { Seungri x Hyun Mi }

K-Galaxy [ 'Oneshots' Collection ]

Inspiratoin in writing this: Big Bang's CAFE { http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqtmM9DY1J8 }


 

I was walking through the streets of Incheon as I took one deep breath, feeling hopeless about the situation. Today was just another day when I had to go search for a job which will be adequate to help out in our family expenses. I just finished high school and was about to go to college but my mom insisted that I look a job instead to help send my little sisters to a good school. And just like some days ago, my mom once again nagged at me before I left the house this morning using the same dialogue she always has.

 

FLASHBACK:

 

"Don't you ever dare come home today without bringing us a good news! I swear I'm gonna lock the door and not let you in!" My mom yelled at me as I took a slice of bread from the breakfast table. Well, she always does anyway so what's new?

"You should at least be returning the favor because I've sent you to a good school for the past years.. Now you should help me pay expenses in this house as well as your little sistsers' tuition fees."

Blah blah blah.. she went on and on and I just pretended not to hear a thing and continued eating the bread. Oh and by the way! You might ask where my father is.. oh don't bother! He left us while I was still young and I don't even know why. My mom would not want to talk about it either.

And at last! After what seemed like an hour, she's already done nagging at me. My turn to speak now. "Yeah yeah, I get it, mom. You're always like this anyway, don't you get tired? Save your voice sometimes, okay?" And as soon as I finished saying that, I rushed out to the door, grabbing my sling bag, not giving her a chance to speak another word.

 

-end-

 

Some minutes passed and I continued strolling while kicking pebbles on the way with my head down. My mind must have been filled with so many thoughts because I did not realize that I was almost running through a thick glass before me. And there it was! As soon as lifted my head, my forehead hit the glass window. "Ow! That hurt!" I was rubbing my forehead and ready to glare at the glass when a piece of paper caught my eyes.

 

"URGENT HIRING: FEMALE CASHIER (Inquire Inside)"

 

I immediately detached the paper from the glass and opened the door to the shop and made my way straight to the counter. And by the way, it was a coffee shop.

"Excuse me~" I said but no one seemed to hear me so I repeated the words a litle louder. A young man turned around and looked at me. He has black hair that was put a little up with gel, he has those small sleepy eyes that were mesmerizing. He approached me with a smile on his face and said, "Yes pretty lady, how may I help you?" Oh nice! That little compliment and the sweet smile on his face were enough to distract me but I won't let it forget what I'm here. I showed him the paper and told him I'm interested on the position they're looking for.

At first, he was not so sure if he would give me the position but after some minutes of some sort of interview and telling him about me, he nonetheless agreed and gave the spot to me, taking my hand and shaking it to congratulate me. He also revealed to me that he was the shop owner and it really surprised me. I don't know why but when he took my hand, some waves of electricity flowed through me. I instantly shook the idea off because as I said, I was not here for something else but for the job.

I stood up, gathered my things, and bowed to him but as soon as I was ready to go,he called my attention once again and told me that I could immediately start on the very next day. I nodded my head happily and made my way out of the shop with a very big smile. I can't believe I struck gold today! Must be really my lucky day. I touched my forehead and laughed as I remembered how I bumped it on the glass a while ago.

Now who would have thought that losing my focus and hiting my head would be the key to what I'm looking for? I folded the paper and placed it inside my sling bag before walking home.

 

--- oOo ---

 

"Mom, I'm home~!" I happily chimed but was greeted by my mom who was wearing a frowning face. "What's wrong, mom?" I asked her, heaving a sigh. Instead of replying to me, she just walked past me and walked to the sofa, bringing one of my sisters along. I guess she thinks it's still the same old story I always bring whenever I come home.

"Mom, I've found a job!" I told her, trying to carry out the best good mood that I can. "Here~" I took the piece of paper from my bag and handed it to her. She didn't take the paper and just look at instead. After reading what's writter on it, she said, "Are you kidding me? I told you to look for a good job." At that point, I was really ready to tell her to go look for a job instead because I'm starting to feel tired of trying to impress her and make her happy and proud of me. But I still managed to remain calm and answered, "It's better than nothing, mom. And I am sure it will help us at least." After hearing that, she just gave me a 'whatever' look and continued to tend to my sister. On the other hand, I just walked back to my room and cleaned up, getting ready to sleep. I changed into my sleeping clothes and plopped down right away on the bed, stretching my arms and legs. "Aigoo, today was surely another tiring day.. but at least there's a little change." I held that piece of paper in my hand again and said "Tomorrow is the day! Wait for me." and I slowly drited off with a smile on my face.

 

--- oOo ---

 

The next day, I woke up early to the sound of my alarm clock buzzing. I streched a hand out and pressed the top of the clock and immediately jolted up, still with eyes closed. I made my way to the bathroom, feeling the walls so I won't stumble on anything. As soon as I got in safely, I locked the door and took my clothes off one by one and stepped into the shower, taking a warm, soothing bath. After finishing, I was finally fully awake, I walked back to my bedroom and picked nice clothes to wear for the day. 

 

 

I got my sling bag and wore it on my right shoulder and headed downstairs to find no one there. I suppose my mom is still sleeping because it's still 6 in the morning. Not wanting to wake any of them up, I took a small piece of paper and wrote there ''Today's my first day at work. Wish me luck! Will be back tonight. Just call if you need anything ^^ " and placed it on the table, grabbed a slice of bread then headed out of the house. I'm actually quite nervous as to I'm not sure of what might happen but I need this so I have to be strong.

Taking the same route as yesterday, I only walked to the cafe since it was still early and not much people and vehicles are on the streets yet. After some minutes, I finally arrived there but what luck I got! The shop was still closed. I mumbled some stuff to myself and decided to just stand there and wait until the shop opens.

Taking another step backward, I accidentally bumped into someone who was making his way to the coffee shop as well. I immediately bowed down and said sorry and when I looked at his face, I was surprised to see the shop owner. He was wearing a tinted blue sunglasses, paired with blue shirt and shoes, and regular denim. I would say he's really pretty cool.

"Omo! I-I'm so sorry, I didn't know. I should have looked b-back." Okay, why am I stuttering now? Probably just nervous because I just bumped into my future boss.. or well, my current boss.

"It's alright, don't worry about it." He said while smiling at me. And here goes the sweet smile again, I think I'm gonna melt.

"What are you doing here this early?" He asked as he took the key out and opened the locked door of the cafe. Was I too excited? Will it give a bad impression? Well I'm just trying to be punctual since it's my first day. "Oh, I just thought I needed to be early and because maybe I still need to learn a few things before starting?" I tried my best to stay calm as I replied.

"Well" he started off as we walked inside ''the cafe's gonna be opened in an hour and 45 minutes. Some of your colleagues will soon be here as well. If there are some things you want to ask, you can ask me for now." He smiled as he pulled a chair out, "Have a seat" and walked to the kitchen behind the counter to get something. Some minutes later, he came back bringing a tray with two cups of coffee and settled it on the table before sitting across from me.

"C-coffee?" I asked a little bit surprised, and once again, stuttering. "Yes, coffee" He replied with a little laugh. "What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing really. I just thought that.. you know, you're the boss and you're having some coffee bonding with an employee?" I told him and he simply answered me that there's nothing wrong with it and in fact, it'll be nice to know me a bit better since I'm new in his business. And there we were, we talked for some minutes as we let time pass by. In the middle of the conversation, he suddenly asked while scratching the side of his head a little, "I don't even know how it's possible but I haven't asked for your name yet. So, what's your name?" And he shyly smiled. I, on the other hand, can't help but smile at how cute he looked like at the moment.

"Hyun Mi~" I said. "My name is Kang Hyun Mi, sir." I added the 'sir' for a little formality since it's just the right thing to do. He smiled and stretched his hand out and shook mine again as he said "I'm Seungri... and no need to be formal." We both chuckled at that. Some mintues later, my colleagues have arrived and there were three of them. I could recognize two since they were around yesterday when I came but the other one was not so I was not familiar.

He then introduced me to the three. "Guys, I'd like you to meet Hyun Mi. She will working here starting today as the new cashier. Please treat her well."  The first person to my left was a lady with short shoulder-length hair with bangs and chinky eyes. She happily approached me and said, "Hi, I'm Min Chae, and I'm pleased to meet you'' then she smiled and waved at me. The other two were guys and they introduced themselves as Taejun and Daehyun. After getting to know a bit of each other, we soon fixed and cleaned up a bit before finally opening the cafe.

The first hours of my work was easy. There weren't much customers and I was able to handle their orders. It wasn't really difficult as well because if there were some little problems, Min Chae and the rest would lend me a helping hand. The most that I've encountered was an old lady who was complaining at how expensive her orders have totaled and even told me that I punched the numbers wrongly but the issue ended soon as she already grew tired arguing.

At last after a couple of hours standing there, the day finally ended and we closed the cafe. Taejun immediately went to fix the tables and chairs, bringing a mop along with him to clean the floor. I stretched my arms for a bit after gathering and totaling all money earned for the day.

"How was first day, Hyun Mi-ah? Did you enjoy it~?" Min Chae chimed, appearing from behind me. "Aigoo, it's tiring but indeed fun. Oh! But that old lady earlier scared me.. I thought it would be a big problem to take care of." I replied and we both laughed. After some cleaning, the two guys approached us and we talked about going home. Taejun walked closer to us and asked, "Hey Min Chae, can I send you home tonight?" Min Chae playfully glared at him and hit his arm lightly, telling him how mushy he sounded at the moment, causing the four of us to laugh at the scene. From the looks of it, I can tell that these two seem to be lovers yet always fighting like cat and mouse.

We were still chitchatting when a voice interrupted us and when we turned around, we saw Si-- Seungri walking towards us. "Are you all going home now?" And he smiled at us. "I can give you a ride'' he offered but Taejun immediately declined it politely, saying that he has his own car. Daehyun declined as well because according to him, he lives far and it will be a hassle because it's out of the way. With that arrangement, I was left alone.. but before I could speak, Min Chae butted in saying, "I suppose Hyun Mi can take your offer, sir" and smiled innocently. Wait! Did she just call him 'sir'? I thought he doesn't want us to be formal to him? Or is it just to me? Oh wait, what am I thinking? "Hyun Mi-ah, if its' okay with you, I can send you home." Seungri broke my trail of thoughts as soon as he spoke. I paused for a moment before replying, "Will it be okay? I mean.. I think I'm causing you too much trouble on the first day." But he told me it was not trouble at all, and so I agreed. The four of us bid farewell to each other as we went separate ways. Seungri led me to his car and even opened the passenger door for me. I told him there's no need to do that but he insisted.

 

Seungri's POV

 

I really don't know why but the first time I saw her, it's like there was a really different impact on me. I guess she just really reminds me of a long-lost best friend. I once had a girl best friend but because of some circumstances, we had to part ways.. my family took me to the States while she and her family reamined in Incheon and ever since that day, we never got the chance to see or communicate with each other again.

Going back to reality, after they've said their goodbyes to each other, I walked Hyun Mi to my car and opened the door for her. She even told me there's no need to do it but I insisted. Perhaps I just wanted to do things like this because I suddenly missed my friend whom I clearly remember in her.

I initiated our converstaion as soon us both of us were already seated. I asked where her house is and she gave me the direction, saying it's not that far from the shop. I have this feeling in me that I wanted to get to know her better so I kept asking her  little things about her personal life but making sure I wasn't making her feel uncomfortable.

Soon enough, we reached their house. She immediately unfastened her seat belt, turned to me, and bowed a bit, thanking me for the ride and for the coffee earlier then immediately got off the car. I was watching her walk off when after a while, I took the chance to look up to see their house and to my astonishment, it was my best friend's.

"Kang Hyun Mi... who are you and how are you related to her? Or... are you her?"

I definitely have to find out! I told myself..

 

- end of POV -

 

---oOo---

"Mom, I'm back!" I happily made my way inside the house and I saw my younger sisters eating dinner as soon as I stepped in, but my mom wasn't there. "I saw a car parked outside. Whose was that?" I was surprised as I heard her ask from behind me. I turned around and told her it was my new boss and he only offered to send me home. She just scoffed at my reply and went straight to the dining table to eat with my sisters. I just told her I wasn't hungry and headed upstairs to go to my room.

I don't know why my mom is like that. She wasn't originally like that before when I was still young. She was always cheeful and full of smiles and we were close with each other. But ever since that day when my father left us, things started to become different. She became cold towards us, especially to me. She started acting like she didn't care whatever happened to me. I miss my mom! I wish she'd return to her normal self already.

So much for thinking too much already. Even though I was hungry, I really didn't bother go downstairs to eat. I just lied there on my bed until falling into deep slumber.

 

---oOo---

 

Day 2 of my new-found job as a cahier at the coffee shop, same thing happened.. my alarm clock had been buzzing early in the morning and woke me up. I hurriedly got ready for the day and after taking a nice bath, I put on a simple shirt and a pair of shorts and walked downstairs after grabbing my bag.

 

 

Having no time to check on my mom's whereabouts, I immediately went out of the house and walked into the streets, heading to the cafe. Even though it was still early, I knew it was a better choice to already leave the house because if not, my mom will just nag at me again the moment she sees me. I just hope this day would be better than yesterday and that everything will go on smootly.

And there I was, standing in front of the cafe after a few minutes. I didn't even realize it's this near to our house. Or maybe my mind was just filled with lots of thoughts that I didn't have the time to mind the distance I'm walking.

Some minutes later, I saw Min Chae arrive. I hopped my way towards her. "Min Chae-ah~ You're early today!" I greeted.

"Omo, Hyun Mi.. you surprised me." She said and gave me a hug. "I decided to come early because I know you'd be here.. and I don't want you to be alone so yeah~"

"Aigoo, you're so sweet and thoughtful" I hugged her arm and we both sat on a bench outside the cafe. We talked for some minutes asking about each other's little facts. She suddenly teased me asking, "So how was the ride last night? Isn't he sweet to have sent you home?" then she giggled. "Yah'' I tapped her arm, "aigoo, that was just a thoughtful offer. Actually I was shy to take the offer because you know, he's the boss and I'm his employee." Min Chae butted in again before I could add another sentence, "And so what? There's nothing wrong with that." She smiled assuringly. And she added, ''but you know what? I could clearly tell that something in him has changed since you've been here yesterday." I was about to ask her what she meant with her last sentence but Seungri suddenly arrived and told us to go inside the cafe as he unlocked it.

Min Chae and I were fixing ourselves as we got to our places and waited for the customers to come when Seungri approached me and said. "Hyun Mi, I hope you don't mind if I ask." He paused before continuing, "the house where I dropped you off last night, is that yours?" I was curious as to why he asked that but I answered anyway and told him 'yes' and then he just nodded his head and went back to what he was doing.

There weren't much customers throughout the day. Today, Daehyun didn't come to work and we all wondered why. The day soon ended and I sighed in relief. My day 2 work is finally done.. and it was indeed successful. To my surprise, Seungri offereed me a ride again. Was he planning to do this everyday? Wait, I must be thinking too much. It could be because my house is on the way to his? Or I don't know.. I just nodded my head and he smiled at that. I wonder why he's really happy.

Few minutes later, I found myself in his car, talking about random things with him until at one point, he asked about my childhood.

"I'm the eldest in the family and I have two younger sisters who are still studying right now." I simply told him. He then asked about my parents so I told him about how my mother was and is.. after my father left us.

"You might be wondering why I seem so good to you these 2 days that we've known each other." At last, he opened up about the thing I'm curious about. It's true, he's been so good to me like we've known each other for a very long time now. I really wanna know why.

"It's because the first time I saw you, you reminded me of my girl best friend.. a long-lost friend. I wish to see her again but I don't know if that's possible." The ride continued with him narrating his story, "My parents took me to States when I was still young, after my mother re-married. It really pained me because to me, Mi Mi was only friend here but I lost her just because of their selfishness." I blinked twice before my eyes grew wide. D-did he just mentioned 'Mi Mi' ? That's my nickname when I was young! Oh wait, it could be another person, right? I mentally shook my head and then opened my mouth to ask him while tilting my head, "Mi Mi... what's her real name?" He answered me with a soft smile and said "I don't know.. I just knew her by that. But do you know what's surprising?" He stopped the car and I didn't notice we were already in front of my house. "She lives in that house." He turned his gaze in front and that's when I realized where we were. I looked at him in disbelief before saying, "A-are you Seunghyun?" I was already teary-eyed at that moment and I couldn't explain how I felt when he nodded his head and smiled.

This must be fate! Meeting your long-lost friend whom you haven't seen or heard from for years in such an unexpected moment. It's just really amazing how time made us meet each other again. Ever since that day, he had promised to fetch me every morning and send me home every night after work. My mom? Well she's still been intrigued and kept asking about who Seungri was because she only sees a car outside the house everday but she wouldn't mind much anyway so it's fine.

 

---oOo---

 

It's been 2 months now.. that's 8 weeks. I've finally adjusted well in the coffee shop and I've been earning good too.. sufficient to help with the financial expenses. My mom doesn't nag much about it too probably because she's receiving money. About Seungri and me.. well, for the past weeks, he'd been courting me and just recently, he confessed his feelings and I also accepted it. So far, our relationship had been smooth-flowing until one day, when he asked if he could meet my mother to which I agreed to.

"Are you sure you'll be fine with it? She nags a lot, I have to warn you." I chuckled as I told him that.

"Don't worry about me, it's fine." He assured me. "And of course, it'll only be right to meet my future mother-in-law." He winked at me and I hit his arm. "Isn't it too early for that?" I protested and he replied, "That's why I said 'future'"

We stepped out of his car then made our way inside the house. I held his hand as he was walking behind me and I looked for my mother right away. It wasn't too long until I found her standing near the small balcony of the house. "Mom~" I softly spoke, making her turn her gaze towards me.

"What brings you here? I mean, isn't it still your working time?" She asked me, seeming unpleased about the situation. "Oh, I brought someone along, he wants to meet you." I stepped aside a little, revealing Seungri who was behind me a while ago.

Seungri bowed down to show some respect and greeted her, "Annyeonhaseyo, I'm Seungri --" He was about to continue when my mother interrupted him. "I suppose you're her boss in the coffee shop? I think I remember your car." then she pointed outside. Seungri just nodded his head and my mom excused herself, saying she'd prepare something for us to drink. I brought Seungri to the living room and introduced him to my sisters, at least I feel like I've made him feel comfortable and welcomed compared to earlier. 

He was looking around the house and looking at the pictures on the wall when he spotted the picture frame that was turned upside down on the cabinet. He simply turned it up right and I saw his face changed into somehow a mixture of surprise and disbelief. I walked up to him to ask if everything was okay. He was going to tell me already what the matter was when my mother came into the scene bringing a tray with her. "Here, I prepared some juice for your guest. Go and take a seat." Err.. I don't know what got into her but she suddenly seemed nice? It's not like her to be like that. Well maybe she's just trying to be nice because there's a guest. She placed the tray on the coffee table then poured the juice in the glasses. Oh mom, are you pretending to be nice now? Remembering why we were here, I suddenly spoke again, "Mom, my boyfriend came to meet you." I could tell she was really shocked to hear that. "Oh, this is such a surprise!" She uttered and I could feel the sarcams in her voice. "You should have told me beforehand so I could have prepeared more." She added. Seungri broke the little converstaion I was having with my mom when he brought up the man in the picture and asked, "If you don't mind me asking, who's that person in the turned down picture frame?" The moment he asked, I could feel my mom's mood go down again. I myself felt ucomfrtable at that time. The next thing I heard was, "It's getting late, I'm sorry to be rude but I think you need to go home now. Your parents are probably looking for you by now." Then she walked towards the door and opened it widely. I could tell that if only she could, she'd push Seungri outside to get rid of his presence. I looked at Seungri with apologetic eyes and he only gave me a reassuring smile, sending me the message the it's alright, that it was fine with him.

 

---oOo---

 

The following day, I went early to the cafe like the usual.. but unlike the past days, I didn't wait for Seungri to fetch me anymore. Instead, as soon as he arrived there, I asked to have a little talk with him. I cleared things for him and explained about the situation that night. I told him that the person in the picture is my father and that he left us a long time ago, just days before they left for the States. His eyes grew wide and couldn't believe what he had just heard from me. "Y-you're kidding me, right? That man is my stepfather!" I laughed it off and told him, "Ani, maybe you got it wrong. That's my father. My mom really hates him because of what he did to us. Well all I know is that he left us. My mom wouldn't even bother to explain to me the reason. Anyway, if she hates him that much then he could just dispose of his photo, right? I don't know why she keeps it until now." And I thought he'd let it off after that but no, he insisted about his side of the story. He said he was the man whom his mom re-married days ago before they left Incheon. And so right at that moment, I wasn't feeling well about things anymore. I was so confused. I didn't know what to do. For the rest of the day, I wasn't myself. Min Chae would often call my attention to make me snap back to my reality as I was spacing out.

I finally gave up and thus I wasn't able to finish my shift that day but I didn't care. I immediately packed my things and headed straight out of the cafe. I heard Taejun and Daehyun calling my name but I didn't bother looking back. I just need some clarification about things. About that man... my dad.. Seungri's stepdad? No, there must be some misunderstanding here. Yes, that's it. I have to clear this misunderstanding. I walked as fast as I could until I reached our house.

"Mom!" I barged into our house and saw my mother and sisters on the sofa, watching tv. "Mom, I need to talk to you.. please." I pleaded. "I just need some clarification on something." I took her hand and pulled her towards the veranda to have a serious talk. I also grabbed the picture frame with my dad's photo along.

"What is it that you need to talk to me about? Can't you see I'm spending time with your sisters?" She told me, seeming a bit impatient about the situation. "Just hear me out for a bit." I replied. "This~" I showed her the photo, "He is my father, right?" There was a moment of silence before she spoke, a little teary-eyed. "Yes, he was your father until he abandoned us." At that very moment, I wanted to comfort her but I just don't know how. I didn't speak a single word and just let her continue. "He left me.. us.. for another woman." I can tell she was about and ready to cry but she was holding it back. "What pains me more is that.. it was your best friend's mother." And as soon as she said that, tears began flowing down her cheeks.

What?? Did I hear it right? She said it was my best friend's mom. My best friend.. Seunghyun, who is now Seungri, my boyfriend. So my mom's telling me that my father cheated on her with my boyfriend's mother? Aish! This is so frustrating. I feel like pulling all of my hair! So that makes sense now.. Seungri insisting that the man on the photo is his stepfather. Yeah, I clearly see it now. It's also clear to me how he said that his mother re-married the man just some days before they left for the States. It coincides with what I said that my father left us a few days before they left Incheon. I couldn't believe what I just found out today. My knees suddenly felt weak and I feel like collapsing. Having no one to hold onto that moment and feeling like breaking down, I embraced my mother tightly which gave her a shock. "Mom~" I sobbed on her shoulder as I kept hugging her tightly. "My best friend... Seunghyun.." I trailed off in a whisper. I felt my mother slowly embraced me back and patted my back lightly. "Yes, my dear.." she sighed, "your best friend and his mother left together with your father when you're still young. Your father married her mother." I couldn't believe I'm still hearing these words. I didn't know what to do anymore other than continue to crying. With all the remaining stength that I have, I continued, "Seunghyun is Seungri.. the guy that I love." And even though I could not see it, I know my mom was crying as well as she hugged me tightly.

My mother slightly pulled away and looked me in the eyes, wiping the tears that smudged the light makeup on my face. "I knew... I knew it the moment you brought him here." She revealed to me. "But... do you know why I was so cold and a little bitter to you these past years? It's because I couldn't take seeing you and remembering your best friend in you.. and knowing he's one of the reasons why your father left us. I couldn't help but feel a little angry towards you. I'm really sorry. I hope you can forgive me." Then she embraced me shortly and kissed my head.

I gulped as I was hiccuping and I kept wiping the tears that continuously flowed down my face. "You don't have to say sorry, mom. I totally understand even before when I didn't know the reason yet." I paused a bit to take a deep breath before continuing, "But mom.. what am I gonna do now? I love him..." I whispered the last part but she still able to hear it. "Seungri?" She asked, giving me a bitter smile. "Well, if you'd ask me, there's only one thing that I can suggest. And that is to end things between the two of you as soon as possible. I don't know why but I feel that it will only hurt you both if you continue this.. especially you, after knowing everything." I knew at that point that my mom really made a lot of sense. But the problem now is, how would I tell him? I don't want to hurt him.. I really don't know what to do anymore. Because I was so tired, I decided to just call it a day and sleep for the remaining hours, hoping that I couuld at least forget about the truth that I found out even just for a while.

 

---oOo---

 

The next few days in the cafe have been different. I wasn't my normal self who'd greet the others and chat with them while we wait for customers to come. Daehyun had noticed this the most and actually came to me and asked about the matter when he couldn't take the worry anymore. "What's wrong?" He began, "You weren't the cheery Hyun Mi that we've known before." He looked at another direction then back at me, "and is everything alright between Sir Seungri and you? I don't see you guys talking or going together." Because I was still not in the mood to do or say anything, I just simply nodded to him which made him sigh and walk away.

The past days haven't been really easy for me. I've thought about resigning. I know I need money but I've also considered what my mom told me.. to end everything between us and that included this job.. which is obviously that main connection we're having. So to be sure, what I did was go the shop every morning and continue working there while I was secretly looking for another job, something even better hopefully, to help us with our daily life.

 

---oOo---

 

Another month has passed. I couldn't believe I was able to last another month there after finding out the truth about my father and Seungri's mom. My job-hunting didn't turn out well so I decided to open up our own business instead of applying in other compaines. So just recently, we opened up our shop that caters to party and olther event needs. It's just a small shop for now but I believe it will eventually grow.

And so there I was, standing in front of Seungir's coffee shop as I battled whether I should go inside or not. I was holding a folded piece of white paper which contained my resignation letter. Two more minutes passed and I decided to leave. I was about to go when Taejun caught sight of me and called me. "Hyun Mi-ah! What are doing there? Come here." Then he approached me. Okay great! How am I supposed to explain this to them? Oh well, I don't really owe them an explanation after all, right? I just want to end this as soon as possible. My mother already got back to her normal self and I'm more than happy to see her in that state. I'm definitely gonna quit this job and cut ties with this man and go back to my normal life with my family.

I walked with Taejun into the coffee shop. I told him to go call Seungri for me as I have something important to tell him. He nodded his head and went off to see where he was as I sat down on that white chair near the door.

I took deep breaths as I was nervous while waiting for him to show up, and at last.. there he is! He slowly walked towards my direction and sat on the seat from across me.

Without further hesitation, I told him why I was there and slowly pushed the folded paper to him. He looked at it and hesistantly opened it. His black orbs widened once again as he looked at me in disbelief. "R-resign? You're leaving? But why?" He shot those questions one after the other like he didn't want to give me a chance to speak.

"Yes.." I simply answered.  "Look, I'll go straight to the point. That man in the picture.. is my dad.. and your stepfather. It's the same person." I told him right away while looking him straight in the eyes. "I found out the truth through my mother, about a month ago." He remained silent and chose to listen to me instead. "It took me a long time to make this decision but I've finally realized that this is the only way to avoid either of us getting hurt. Believe me.." I paused for a bit before continuing, "I love you but I think it's best if we end things here. I don't regret meeting you again though, because I would have never found out the truth." Then I held his hand in mine. "Thank you for everything, you made me happy during the times we were together. But maybe fate has another plan for both of us."

I don't know why but when I looked in his eyes again, I felt the pain he was hiding. I saw him take a deep breath before finally speaking, "But that was all in the past. I mean, can we just let it go and start a brand new story? A new journey.." He pleaded to me, "Please, stay with me... I need you and I love you."

Those eyes were mesmerizing and were convincing enough to make me change my mind but I didn't let it win over me. I quickly stood up and turned my back on him as I headed out to the door. Then I stopped for a moment to say my last words to him, "Fate will decide if we'll meet each other in the future again."

As soon as I was walking farther away from the coffee shop, I heard him shout.. "I'll wait for you.. I promise I will!"

It's quite funny how a single place brought me and someone important to me close again but it was also the place where we had to say our goodbyes to each other in a sad way.

I continued to quietly walk away, leaving him there standing, and as a tear rolled down my cheek, I simply whispered in the air,

 

 

"Until we meet again, if fate permits..."