Love Offer Coffee { Jungkook x Jean }

K-Galaxy [ 'Oneshots' Collection ]

Written for: FanGirl4ever

Song Used: BTS's LUV IN SKOOL { http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72_s-Xtx2Dg }


 

Jungkook's POV:

"Let me repeat" I heard the teacher say, "This is how you do it." I took glances at the white board as she wrote the formula and solution to the problem. She looked at the attendance sheet that was on her desk and started scanning for names. "Number 24, answer the next question.. on the board please." Phew! That was close.. I'm glad I wasn't called for recitation. Had it been me, I will surely not know how or what to answer because I wasn't really paying attention to the class but was rather busy staring at Jean, who was seated to my left.

"Hey! You aren't paying attention again." She told me as she nudged my elbow. I just blinked my eyes at her and denied it. "A-ani, of course I'm listening." I scanned the pages of the book I'm holding and pretended to read it.

Jean is my best friend, actually the first one to be my friend when I had just transferred to this school. It was not difficult to like her because of her sweet and cheeful personality.. and not to mention, she's also pretty. I swear liking her for 2 years now and hiding it isn't easy. I wonder if she has ever taken notice of it one bit.

I leaned back on my seat, counting each passing minute. I just want the bell to ring already so I can spend break time with her again.

5.. 4.. 3.. 2.. 1.. and at last! The bell rang. All students immediately gathered their belonging and rushed out of the room.

"Jean!" I called her name, a huge smile painted on my face. "Let's go get hot chocolate. My treat." She looked at me like what I said was something so surprising.  "Ya, come on. It's not like I have never treated you to food before." Before she could say a word of protest, I took her hand and pulled her out of the classroom.

-end-

 

 

Jean's POV:

Weird.. totally weird. I don't know what's with JK today but I can tell he's being weird. First, he was like spacing out earlier in class and now, he is saying he will treat me to hot chocolate. What's going on now, really?

We arrived at the cafeteria after a short walk. Not much people were around and the place was a bit quiet. Perhaps the other students decided to go somewhere else. JK led me to an empty spot near the entrance door and pulled a chair out for me to sit on. "Hey, what's up with you?" I looked at him with a curious face and he just laughed at me. "Why? Is it wrong to treat my girl best friend nicely?" He shot a question back before heading to the counter to roder.

I was looking at the list of food on the menu board by the counter when my eyes suddenly landed on him. It scanned his facial features and I could not believe how I did not realize before that he was actually handsome. Well probably because I never saw him as anything else but my silly and funny best friend. I just laughed at the thought and continued reading the food items listed. Moments later, he came back bringing a tray with two cups of coffee and donuts.

"They said no chocolate was available so I ordered coffee insead. I hope you don't mind." He smiled at me and took a seat across from me. "So what's up?" I asked him as I took a cup of coffee from the tray. "You're being too nice today, I think." I laughed and he frowned, "I'm normally nice. I just want to treat you today, that's all." He smiled at me and I could feel like melting and drowning in it. Why am I like this? I shook my head lightly and took another sip of my coffee.

We spent the rest of the break time in the cafeteria, taling and laughing about random things. Talking to him like this, I guess he's normal after all. Maybe I am just not used to what he showed me earlier. Soon the bell rang, taking us back to reality. We have two more classes before the day ends but personally, I don't want to go to class anymore.

But having no choice, we got up and headed back to the classroom, bringing our cups of coffee along. Arriving at the room, I made my way to my desk right away but before I could sit down, JK held my arm lightly and said, "Meet me at the quadrangle right after the last period." Here goes the weird vibes again. "Ya, seriously, what's with you? We're just seated next to each other. You can obviously tell me that later." I told him and sat down but he just looked at me and laughed.

-end-

 

 

Jungkook's POV:

As we arrived in the room, I told her to go meet me at the school grounds later after the last period is over. Earlier in the cafeteria while we were having our coffee moment, I could not help but stare into her eyes. Those black, shiny eyes that were under those thick, long lashes are just so mesmerizing, it's making me melt.

I admit, I've never thought before of confessing to her because I was not sure how it would turn out and I did not want to lose my best friend in case she turns me down. But today, earlier while I was looking at her, something told me that I should give it a try.. and if I fail? Maybe I will just convince her to forget about my feelings and continue being good friends.

Waiting for 2 hours to pass isn't a joke. Even though I was seated there, my mind wasn't in the lecture but wandering around instead. Anyway, I told myself not to worry too much and just let it be, come what may.

"Jean, I'm gonna try to win your heart today." I whispered to myself.

-end-

 

 

Jean's POV:

The professor began his lecture but I couldn't concentrate well. My mind has been floating around and thinking about what JK told me earlier. I wonder what's gonna happen later and how important it is. Putting those those thoughts aside, I grabbed my notepad and doodled on it until the period ended.

-end-

 

 

The next minutes have been boring for both Jungkook and Jean but lucky for them, the teacher ended the class a bit earlier because according to him, he was not feeling very well. Jean stood up and quickly packed her things but when she looked to her right, her best friend was no longer there. Usually, he would wait for her so they can go together but this time was different. "Here goes another weird thing." She mumbled to herself.

Jungkook, on the other hand, went to visit some other classrooms and asked the room teachers to let their class go to the guadrangle for some moments since he said he wants to have witnesses to what he was about to do.

And so it was the case. When Jean walked along the corridor going to the quadrangle, she was surprised to see a huge crowd gathered around the big space. Taking few more steps forward, she saw Jungkook standing at the center of the crowd.

"You're a little late!" Jungkook scolded and let out a little laugh. Then approaching her, he took her hand in his and said, "But I'm glad you came." Some students and teachers in the crowd started making little noises, whispering to each other and the confused and clueless Jean looked around, trying to find answers. "So what's this about?" She asked him but got no response other than a sweet smile.

"Ya, that's a violation! Do you want to get punished?" a teacher suddenly exclaimed when Jungkook randomly picked a flower from the little garden that was just right beside him but he just laughed, "Ne seonsaengmin, you can punish me later.. but let me do this important matter first." Then turning back to Jean, he handed her the flower and said, "I know giving you a rose would be sweeter but I hope you can accept this daisy from me." He showed another smile of his which made Jean's heart flutter.

"If you did not know yet, I have been secretly liking you for 2 years now. The moment I first saw you, I already felt attracted.. and that attraction even grew deeper as we started to become friends." Hearing this little sweet confession made the crowd coo and squeal. "Jean.." He squeezed the hand that he was holding lightly. "I don't know what took over me today that I'm having the courage to do this. Maybe it was the coffee we had earlier." Then he laughed his nervousness away. 

"Jean, I like you.. I love you." He suddenly breathed. "I'm not expecting anything from you, I just want you to know." He looked into her eyes trying to see if there was any positive reaction from her, and when he felt like there was nothing, he smiled softly and told her. "It's okay.." But the next words he heard were the least he expected.

"I like -- no, I love you too.. JK." Jean confessed back while smiling widely. "I don't know why I didn't realize it until now. Maybe it's also the coffee's work. It made me realize what you really mean to me."

"R-really?" Jungkook looked at her with wide eyes, unable to believe what he was hearing. Jean nodded and his spirit was lifted up again.

"Then.. it means you are willing to be my girlfriend?" He asked whole-heartedly, still holding her hand.

Without hesitation, Jean answered.. "Of course I am! I will be your girlfriend." Jungkook smiled the widest he can and embraced her tightly. "Thanks to the coffee..." He whispered to her and she laughed as she hugged him back.

The two continued hugging each other a little more in the midst of the clapping and cheering crowd.