Caught in Those Cold Eyes { Minho x Eunmi }

K-Galaxy [ 'Oneshots' Collection ]

Inspiration in writing: SHINee's A.MI.GO { http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNZXw7MWSH0 }


 

"Hey Minho, can you accompany me later? I am going to watch a fashion show. Please?" Sunjin, Minho's cousin, tugged on his right sleeve and batted her eyelashes. There is a fashion show to be held in their campus and Sunjin, being someone really interested in those kind of things did not want to miss the chance, so she asked Minho to go with her because there was no one else at the moment. It was her luck that her cousin paid her a visit that day.

"Alright, I will go.. but just this once, okay? Next time you can try asking someone else to go with."

"Yey~ You are the best! Ne, I promise this will be the only time I will ask. Thank you so much." Sunjin was really happy because she was able to make Minho agree, knowing that he is just the silent type who does not like socializing and crowded places so much.

The show is in an hour and currently, Sunjin was in living room, fitting and examining the few dresses that she brought there from her room. "Ya, are you the fashion model or what? And besides, the lights will be dimmed later, right? So you will still not be seen no matter what you wear." Minho scolded, only because he was disturbed from his TV viewing due to Sunjin's rampage in front of him. He was already wearing blue polo shirt paired with black pants and white shoes and was just waiting for Sunjin to finish so they can go. "Just wear jeans instead of a dress." He added before turning the television off.

'Kill joy' Sunjin grumbled before walking back to her room, taking back all the dresses with her. 5 minutes later, Sunjin came out wearing a simple red shirt, pedal jeans, and black sandals. "I'm ready~ Let's go?" She smiled widely, her excitement showing all over her face.

They both left the apartment and rode Minho's car then sped off to the campus. There is only a 30-minute drive from Sunjin's house to the school so they still have enough time left before the show starts. "I'm so excited to see them~" Sunjin squealed and Minho just smiled.

 

-oOo-

 

The stage has been set, the lights, the area, the chairs -- everything has been checked and nothing will seem to go wrong for later. There is only about 30 minutes left before the show will start and they made sure all models are already set and in good condition. "Make sure you have eaten something, okay? I do not want you to collapse in the middle of walking." The manager of the group of girls gave them a reminder for the 5th time. A lady with shoulder-length, light red hair walked towards the dressers and grabbed a peach-colored lipstick and put some on her lips. Their manager saw it and asked her, "Eunmi-ssi, what are you doing?" She pursed her lips a little before speaking, "Touching up." and then walked away. She walked towards the curtains and peeked through the opening, watching the program that was ongoing.

The manager suddenly clapped her hands, getting their attention. "Girls.. line up now! It is almost our turn."

"Ne, ahgassi." The girls replied in unison.

All the girls already took their places but Eunmi walked to the back portion and sat on a high chair instead because she is the last one to march anyway. She has always been like this, kind of spoiled brat, but at least she listens to instructions and cooperates. She just does not like it when someone dictates her actions too much.

 

-oOo-

 

Sunjin hurriedly walked into the venue as they arrived. She pulled Minho along and they sat on the first row of chairs. She sat right away and patted the chair beside her, telling Minho to sit. "Ya, why here? I am sure you can still see even if you are in the 5th to 10th row." Minho complained because it was too near for him but Sunjin ignored him as if she heard nothing.

Seconds later, there was an announcement over the microphone. "Ladies and gentlemen, please be settled for the show is about to start." Then a music started playing at the background, causing the audience to cheer. Few more minutes later and the opening act was presented.

 

I always have sleek fashion
Motions that capture your heart
My eyes that shine like yours
I got so much love, love
I'm different from those shameless kids
My expressions are faster than anyone
My eyes lean towards you, bling bling
You make me feel alive, alive
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufKQdZ4om0I }

 

The girls started to slowly walk down the ramp in the casual clothes, each modeling a different and unique design. There were around 6 of them and there was a dance group that performed at the side while they were modeling.

Sunjin could not keep herself calm in her seat. She was clapping and cheering with the crowd while Minho was just there, quietly watching the show. As soon as the 1st part finished, the second one followed..

 

Looking pretty good, you catch my eyes
Slowly, I develop interest towards you
Tik tok tik tok, the clock keeps ticking
I keep sending small glimpses towards you
I sent small smiles towards you
Now look at me, hey!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwa6rIhQD8o }

 

Two other students started singing the song as the models walked in. The clothes that were modeled this time are semi-formal attire. One by one, the next 6 ladies appeared from the backstage, slowly walking towards the center and to the side of the stage, catching the attention of the audience who were cheering non-stop.

Minho rubbed the back of his neck lightly and glanced at his watch again for the 3rd time. There is still a long time before the show ends but he is getting impatient and bored already. Not being able to take it, he excused himself to get some fresh air. As he was walking along the right side of the building, he saw a lady with red hair, who was wearing a light pink one-strapped gown. She seemed to be spending some time alone while drinking a glass of grape juice. Minho was already about to approach her when Sunjin suddenly caught up to him and called his attention because the last part, according to her, is going to start in some minutes. He nodded and said he will follow right away. He turned his head to her direction again but she was no longer there. He looked around for a bit more wondering where she could be but did not see a sign. Disappointed, he walked back to the venue and sat on his chair.

"Hey, what were you doing there?" Sunjin asked him as she took a candy from her purse and ate it. "Hmm.. nothing really.. just trying to get some fresh air." Minho replied.

The lights dimmed once again and the spotlight was on the center of the stage. As the music started playing, the ladies one by one appeared, flaunting their long gowns in different colors. The first one to ramp was wearing a baby blue, lacy, off-shoulder gown hat reached her ankles, paired with jet black high heels. Sunjin excitedly grabbed her video camera and set it to take video. Luckily her battery was full so she was able to film longer as the other girls followed the first. Minho looked at his watch again then whispered to Sunjin, "What time is the show going to finish? I am hungry." but Sunjin only told him to hold his hunger in and enjoy the show for a little more. Suddenly, there was a loud cheering from the crowd, making Minho and Sunjin look around in surprise. As they turned their attention back to the stage, they saw the last model slowly and gracefully walk and make her way to the middle of the stage. Her long red hair was tied up in a bun but some strands were left to freely flow down her shoulders and her one-sided bangs covered her eyes a bit. Minho looked at her for a little longer before he realized something... she is the same lady he saw earlier when he went out.

The next minute, Minho found himself staring at her, watching her every graceful and suave move. His eyes never left her as she walked back and forth the stage, as if he got caught in a spell. But aside from her beautiful looks, there was something else that he noticed.. she never smiled.. she never smiled since the moment she marched down the aisle. The only thing that would convey her expressions to the audience were her fierce eyes.

The show finally ended and everyone applauded loudly. All the models gathered at the center of the stage to formally thank the people with a bow. Everyone waved and smiled to some people except for one. She only stood there at the side after bowing and waited for the signal when they can already exit the stage.

"Ya, sachon.. do you know all of their names?" Minho elbowed Sunjin as he asked her.

"Hmm.. no, why?"

"Then do you know the name of the last lady? You know, the one with red hair and fierce eyes who does not smile at all."

Sunjin laughed at Minho's remarks. "You make it sound like she is a monster with your description."

"But it is true. I never saw her smile even just once while she was ramping."

"Oh, so someone's attention was finally captured? I wonder why.." Sunjin and grinned.

"So what now? Do you know her?"

"I heard she is a student from another university who cross-enrolled here. About her name.. if I remember it right.. it is Eunmi."

"Eunmi.. that is a pretty name for someone who does not smile."

Seeing the girls about to exit the stage, Minho stood up and went to the side. He told himself that he will introduce himself to Eunmi no matter what. Taking the chance, he approached her as she went down the stairs.

"Annyeong.." He smiled at her but she just gave the same plain look. "You are Eunmi, right? I was watching you earlier and you really looked pretty back there." He offered his hand for a shake. "I am Minho by the way." Surprisingly, Eunmi shook his hand lightly. "Eunmi imnida~"

"I heard you cross-enrolled here? That means we have the chance to see each other here. I hope we can be friends."

"Hmm yeah sure. We might meet again someday. I will not forget your name, worry not. Well if you would excuse us, we need to go back to the backstage now." Eunmi walked away, followed by the rest of the ladies.

"Arasseo. I will hope to see you again next time then." Minho was still smiling even though Eunmi and the ladies have already left. Seeing his current state, Sunjin tapped his shoulder. "Hey, what is with you?"

"Ya sachon, if there are any more events like this, take me with you, okay?" Minho told Sunjin, still watching Eunmi as she faded from his sight.

Ever since that time, he has been looking for ways to get ways to see Eunmi. He will ask around for places where she might often go so he can wait on her. Since that night, he has made a goal and he promised himself to achieve it.. to see her smile because of him.. and he will not stop trying until he can make her soften up and be more friendly.