Always With You Like a Shadow { Jaejoong x Kyungmi }

K-Galaxy [ 'Oneshots' Collection ]

Inspiration in writing: DBSK's DON'T SAY GOODBYE { http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOcSPBGilxo }


 

"Eonni! Tell me~ Does this dress look fine on me?" Kyungmi asked her cousin, Kimi, as she faced the mirror in the fitting room and placed the dress in front of her. She has been trying and testing different styles and colors of dresses since the past hour. Her boyfriend had earlier asked her go on a date so she got excited and dragged her cousin all the way to the mall to buy a new dress.

"Kyungie, I think that's the fifth dress that you tried on. Have you still not decided on the dress that you like best?" Kimi, who was already starting to grow impatient, finally asked Kyungmi.

"But I want to be at my best later when we meet." Defended Kyungmi as she placed the sixth dress in front of her while slightly swaying from side to side.

For the next thirty minutes, she went on trying more clothes of different styles and colors with the impatient Kimi waiting for her at one corner.

 

-oOo-

 

The sales lady went to the stock room to get the set of newest arrivals of jewelry, leaving Jaejoong on the couch while fiddling with his phone. He was checking for great places to go on a date with Kyungmi. Few more minutes passed and the lady came back with box full of shining rings.

"Here with me is the latest release." She opened the box after setting it down on the counter. "I hope you will like our designs. I am pretty sure your girlfriend will like it too." She uttered with a bright smile.

Jaejoong smiled then stood up and walked towards the counter to look at the rings. He took the rings out from the box one by one and examined it, thinking which of those would be the best pick. After some moments, he has finally chosen a sterling silver ring with black and white diamonds on it.

 

 

"I'll take this one." He excitedly said as he handed the ring to the lady and waited for it to get packed. As soon as it was packed, he immediately paid for it then headed out the store with the bag in his right hand.

"I wonder where I should go next. Hmm.. maybe I should eat first." He whispered to himself as he took a glance at his watch before walking to a restaurant nearby.

He ordered one tuna sandwich and orange juice as he sat there on a spot near the food chain's window. Settling himself down, he browsed through his phone once again and made a final pick on the place where he will ask her to meet later.

 

-oOo-

 

Kyungmi hurriedly went to her room and sprawled on her bed as she and Kimi arrived at home from their shopping time, throwing the paper bags aside, causing some to even fall to the floor.

"Aigoo, ya~ I thought you are all excited for your date later?" Kimi shook Kyungmi's arm lightly. "Now, should we not eat already so that you can go prepare?"

Kyungmi puffed her cheeks while looking at her cousin. "Let me just rest for a little while, okay? Choosing the outfit was tiring, you know? But thanks to you for helping me." She flashed a bright smile, showing her teeth.

"Hmm.. arasseo, arasseo." Kimi said in defeat as she picked up the paper bags one by one and tidied it up, taking the dresses out and neatly placing it in the wardrobe.

"And besides, I still have to wait for oppa's call before I get ready." Kyungmi mumbled against the pillow with closed eyes. Just then, her cell phone started ringing and she excitedly picked it up.

"Yoboseyo~" She happily greeted the person on the other line.

There was a short pause before the caller finally spoke. "Someone seems excited today." Then a soft chuckle was heard.

"Oppa! I thought you wouldn't speak anymore." Kyungmi said as she stood from the bed and fixed her clothes in front of the mirror. "And of course I am very excited to see you again. So where are we going to meet later?"

"That's exactly why I called you now." Jaejoong responded as he made his way out from the mall to this car. "Do you know about the newly-opened restaurant near the university? Let's meet there in an hour maybe? I will call when I am almost there." Sitting down on the driver's seat, he placed the paper bag containing the ring on the passenger seat.

Upon hearing his words, Kyungmi's eyes lit up and she immediately took note of it. "Ne, oppa~ I know that, of course." Then she headed to her wardrobe to pick a dress among those she bought just that day. "I shall see you later then~ I'll hang up for now, ara? SARANGHAEYO~" She ended the call and put her phone away before dragging Kimi out to the kitchen. "C'mon, let's eat! Did you not say we should eat first before I prepare?"

"Y-ya, slow down there.. aigoo." Both of them sat down right away as they reached the dining table, with Kimi facing Kyungmi. "So where are you going to meet?"

"Oh~ At the newly-built restaurant just near the university." Kyungmi was all smiles as she took a slice of bread and spread some peanut butter on it.

"I see. I heard it's pretty nice there. But hey, you seem too hyped since this morning. Don't you think you are over excited or something?" Kimi asked, a hint of worry in her voice, making Kyungmi turn to her.

"Mwo? What is it? Of course I am excited because he said he has prepared a surprise for me~" Kyungmi chimed and focused her attention back to the bread.

"But don't they say that when you are too happy at one point, you will be very sad too at the next?"

"What could possibly happen? I think nothing~ Nothing will ruin this day. I will not allow anything bad to happen." Kyungmi simply replied again, still smiling.

Kimi took a bite on the bread slice she's holding and stood up. "Alright, if you say so.. but I am just concerned here. I will still support you anyway no matter what and I want you to be happy."

"Thank you, eonni~ you are really the best."

"No need to praise me." Kimi chuckled. "Now you better hurry up so you can prepare for your date."

 

-oOo-

 

"Has everything been settled with the reservation?" Jaejoong inquired on the phone as he drove off to the restaurant, fifteen minutes past his recent conversation with girlfriend.

As soon as he heard that everything was now ready, he ended the call and dialed Kyungmi's phone number again since he was almost at the destination.

Kyungmi, on the other hand, was already in the restaurant.  Right after her little chitchat with Kimi back in their house, she immediately dressed up into a sleeveless blouse paired with a mid-length skirt and brown sandals and hurried to their meeting place.

Jaejoong kept dialing her phone number and had been trying to call for a few times already but still could not get through. After a few more tries, he stopped calling and placed his phone aside. Glancing at his right side, he caught sight of the small paper bag once again, showing the ring box a little. While still driving, he managed to reach for the box and brought it closer to him, smiling at it. ''I really hope you will say 'yes' , Kyungmi.'' He whispered to himself.

He was too preoccupied with his thought as he was still looking at the box and thinking about Kyungmi all along that he did not realize the traffic light had already turned red. The moment he turned his head to look straight ahead, a big truck was already crossing the road.

He tried his best to swerve so he can avoid it but luck was not on his side and he failed.

 

-oOo-

 

It was almost an hour since they last talked and Kyungmi was getting worried because according to Jaejoong, he will call her when he is almost at the restaurant . Shifting in her seat, she fished her phone out of her bag to check if there were any calls or messages but her to surprise, it was not .

"Omo! Why did I even switch this off? Maybe oppa has been calling me since earlier." She hurriedly switched it on then dialed Jaejoong's number to call him but the call would only go to the voicemail.

For some reason, she was feeling a mix of emotion running through her system and she can't even explain why. She kept glancing on her watch, her phone, and out the window and she was just feeling restless.

Few more moments later, she decided to order some snack because she already felt hungry when her phone started vibrating and upon seeing Jaejoong's photo on the screen, she immediately answered it.

"Oppa~ I am so sorry to worry you.. you were probably calling me earlier but couldn't get through because my phone was-"

"Is this Kyungmi-ssi?" The voice suddenly interrupted her.

"N-ne. Who is this?" She whispered, feeling a bit puzzled that another person was holding Jaejoong's phone. Trying to listen, she heard some people talking and the sound of a siren, making her a bit nervous about the next thing she will hear.

"This is nurse from SSG Hospital. Not so long ago, there was an accident near the university involving a black sedan car, a big truck, and few motorcycles."

"A-accident? B..lack c-car? W-what happened exactly?" Kyungmi's voice started to crack as she felt teary-eyed while listening to the person on the other line.

"It was a vehicle crash. Sadly, we can say that the driver of the car is in a critical state right now judging from his appearance. We are still in front of the university right now and we are about to take these people to the hospital." Then the man looked at the ID he was holding. "The driver of the car is named Kim Jaejoong. And you might be wondering why I called you.. it is because your name is the most recent listed in his call log."

"Wait! D-don't go yet. I am just near that place and I want to see him before you go."

"We are in a hurry, miss. If you want, you can just go straight to the hospital."

"No! Please wait for me. Please." Kyungmi pleaded and the man agreed.

As soon as the conversation ended, Kyungmi gathered her things and hurried out of the restaurant. Seeing that there seems to be no vehicle that will stop at the moment, she just sprinted her way to the university which was not so far from there.

 

-oOo-

 

"We will need to rush them there as soon as possible or their condition will only worsen." One lady worried while looking at the victims'  bodies. Just then, Kyungmi came rushing in, feeling out of breath. She looked around for Jaejoong's body and when she found him, she went to his side then held his hand tightly as she let the tears she have been holding back finally flow.

"Oppa~" She whispered, "Oppa, it's Kyungmi. What happened? You said we are going to meet. You said you have a surprise. Is this it? Because if so, then it is nowhere near  funny."

"Excuse me, Kyungmi-ssi but we need to take them now to the hospital. You may ride wih us if you want."

Kyungmi nodded then rode in the ambulance where Jaejoong's stretcher is and held his one hand tightly and pulled it close to her chest, not caring if blood would stain her newly-bought dress. She never let go of it until they reached the hospital.

 

-oOo-

 

Kimi was in her own bedroom, arranging some books, when her hand phone vibrated and displayed a call from Kyungmi. Wondering why her cousin might have called, she immediately answered it, only to be greeted by Kyungmi's shaking voice and sobs.

"Kyungie, why are you crying? Did something bad happen to you? Where are you right now? Have you and Jaejoong met already?" She threw those questions all at once, feeling really worried.

Feeling like all the energy has almost drained from her, Kyungmi slowly narrated the things that have happened from when the medics have informed her about the accident until now when she's at the hospital, waiting for Jaejoong's surgery to be done.

As soon as Kimi heard everything, she immediately headed to the hospital and looked for Kyungmi, hoping that she is okay.

"Kyungmi!" She yelled when she saw her cousin on one of the chairs just outside the operating room. She sat down beside her and gave her a tight embrace and kissed the side of her head.

"Hey, are you okay? I know you are not but do not lose hope, okay? I know he can make it. He is a strong person." She tried to comforted the crying Kyungmi by bringing the latter's head to hear chest, allowing her to cry more.

"I-I don't know, eonni~ I should have listened when you warned me about being too happy. What if I do not see him anymore after this?"

"Shh... don't say such things.. and it is not your fault, okay? Everything will be alright, you'll see."

Few more hours later, the doctor walked out from the operating room and looked around. Kyungmi stood and walked up to the doctor, feeling eager to know the update on Jaejoon's condition.

"How are you related to the patient, Mr. Kim? Are you a family member?" The doctor asked her.

She shook her head lightly and whispered, "N-no~ I'm.. I'm his girlfriend. How is he right now?" She turned to look at the doctor with her red, puffy eyes.

"Well, we just finished the operation and he is currently stable although still a little critical. If you will ask when he can wake up, then I won't be able to guarantee that. Anyways, he will be transferred to a private room in a bit so just ask the nurses' station for the information. And I will also request for his family members to be informed about this. If there is nothing else then I shall get going." The doctor smiled a bit before leaving.

It was already almost evening and worried that Kyungmi did not eat anything yet for the past seven hours, Kimi decided to take her to the cafeteria.

Kyungmi was still not in herself so Kimi ordered food for the both of them. After setting the tray down and distributing the food, Kimi sat down and sighed softly as she looked at her cousin's saddened state.

"Kyungie, don't be like this. Now you need to a lot so that when Jaejoong wakes up, you will have all the energy to talk with him about random things." She smiled in attempt to lighten the mood.

"We are not even sure when he will wake up. Eonni~ you have not even seen his state earlier. He had bruises on his face and arms and there was blood too. I don't even want to think of it anymore but it keeps flashing in my head." Then Kyungmi stated crying again and Kimi went to her side to comfort her.

It might have been a little difficult for Kimi but she somehow felt relieved when she was able to finally convince Kyungmi to eat even just a little. After they finished dining, they headed to the nurses' station to inquire where Jaejoon's room was.

 

-oOo-

 

Jaejoong was finally transferred to a private room that was on the third floor. After inquiring where it was, Kyungmi and Kimi went straight there.  When Kyungmi opened the door and walked inside the room, she saw a man there who was fixing the curtains with something in his hand.

"Ex..cuse me.. Are you the patient's assigned nurse?" She asked, making the person turn around, and she was surprised to see that it was the person she had talked with over the phone.

"Ne. My name is Jun Ki. Oh, and by the way.." He handed the small box that he was holding to Kyungmi. "I found that in his hand. It seems like he was holding onto it tightly when he met the accident."

Kyungmi blinked twice before taking the box from him. "Nice to meet you, Jun Ki. And what is this?" When she opened the box, she saw a diamond ring inside and a tear instantly rolled down her cheek as she slowly held it out. "W-what is this? Oppa~" She whispered then looked at Jaejoong's sleeping figure.

Wanting to give Kyungmi some time alone with Jaejoong, Jun Ki excused himself and left the room.

"Oppa.. please wake up soon. I want to talk with you again.. at the soonest time possible." Kyungmi sat on the small chair that was just beside Jaejoong and held his hand tightly. She stayed there for the rest of the night, still carrying with her the hope that he will soon wake up and things will be back to normal.

 

-oOo-

 

Early the next day, Kyungmi was awakened when she felt something drape over her shoulders and when she looked up, she saw Jun Ki.

"Your friend already came over and she asked me to bring the food here..." Jun Ki pointed to the food on the table near the door, "since she suddenly had to go somewhere so she wanted to apologize because she will not be able to keep you company." Then he sat down to Kyungmi's right for a while.

"Oh~ She is my cousin. Thank you for this by the way." Kyungmi replied, holding onto the blanket around her.

"I see. Anyway, just tell me if you need anything here." Jun Ki smiled and nodded a bit before leaving her by herself again.

Kyungmi stayed there for some hours. She ate the food that was brought by Kimi then talked to Jaejoong right after. She once heard that talking to patient like that will help them recover fast. As it got darker, she figured it was best to head back home already and just come back the next day.

And so the rest of the days have been the same. Kyungmi would go to the hospital early in the morning and spend the whole day there. She never stopped trying and she never get tired of it. She suddenly caught a glimpse of the diamond ring again that she placed on top of the bedside table. Some moments later, she was distracted when something moved beside her and when she looked at it, she was surprised to see that Jaejoong was already conscious. Joy filled her and she just burst out tears of joy.

Kyungmi was too occupied with her crying that she did not realize right away that Jaejoong was reaching out for her hand.

"O..oppa.." She whispered as she slowly moved her eyes down to her hand that was held by Jaejoong. "Oppa.. I'm going to call the doctor. Wait for me here, okay? You have to keep your eyes open." She wiped her tears away and rushed out of the room to tell the doctor about the good news.

 

-oOo-

 

The doctor have left the room after checking up on Jaejoong, leaving Kyungmi alone with him. She could not help but to keep shedding tears of joy knowing that he has finally survived from the accident and is now safe from danger.. or at least, that is what she thought. Sitting there on a chair beside his bed, she held his left hand with her right, as her left was gripping the supposed-to-be engagement ring.

"Oppa, I am glad that you are finally conscious now. Do you know how difficult it is to survive without you?" She reached out to caress Jaejoong's left cheek as a wide smile spread across her lips. "Please do not leave me, okay? Please wake up again so you can promise me that you will stay with me forever."

She stayed there for the next few hours without budging. She did not bother to eat as long as she can be by his side until he wakes up again.

Moments later, Jaejoong's eyes slowly fluttered open. It is as if he was trying to open it fully but he can only manage halfway. Slowly reaching as he looked down beside him, he Kyungmi's hair lightly. She, who had fallen asleep a little earlier, was awakened by his touch and immediately sat up straight.

"You're awake again, oppa. How are you feeling?" She smiled while looking at him but noticed that he slowly directed his gaze to the ceiling. "Oppa, what's wrong?" She held his hand again and she felt him respond when he held hers back tightly. At the same time, she saw a tear escape his eye and rolled down the left side of his cheek. "Gwenchana? Do you want me to call the doctor?" She was about to stand when she felt a tug at her hand.. it seemed like he did not want her to go far from him and just be there by his side at the moment. He opened his mouth and tried to speak but nothing would come out. Instead, another tell just escaped his eye, followed by another, then another. Kyungmi was just observing him as she did not how to exactly react yet. But one thing she had taken notice of was that Jaejoong was avoiding eye contact with her. Was he doing that on purpose?

Kyungmi heaved a sigh. She remained seated there as she tried the ring on and forced a slight smile. "I have to say that you have picked a great ring, oppa. I really like this." She spoke while still looking at the ring on her finger without noticing that Jaejoong was quite struggling with his breathing and that his eyes were blinking, as if he was trying to keep it open as another force tried to close it.

Her train of thoughts was broken when she felt his fingers brushed against her hand. It was only then she realized that there was something wrong. Without wasting another second, she rushed out to seek the doctor's aid.

 

-oOo-

 

"Kyungmi, you need to be strong. Be strong. Don't falter. You need to be strong for him." Kimi whispered those words as she tried comforting her cousin while rubbing the latter's back. Kyungmi was hugging Kimi's right arm as they stood there by the opened door, her eyes never leaving Jaejoong, who was being tended to by the doctor and nurses. She could clearly see that his eyes were slowly closing by itself but he was fighting it back with all that he can.

Kyungmi's eyes suddenly widened as she heard something she never wanted to. She slowly shifted her attention to the ECG machine and noticed that it displayed a straight line. At the same time, the doctor turned around to their direction, with a sorry expression on his face.

"H-how he is now?" She asked in a soft voice as she gulped hard, trying to hide that fact that she was feeling terrified and hoped that the doctor would not say anything unbelievable to her. There was a short period of silence after hearing her question, until suddenly..

"I'm sorry. We did our best but it seems like his senses are not cooperating anymore." The doctor only gave a tap on Kyungmi's left shoulder before leaving the room, followed by some nurses.

"M-mwo? Did your best? Ya! How can you say those words so calmly? Is this the best that you can do?" Kimi shouted to the doctor when she suddenly felt her blood boiling.

Kyungmi felt like she was struck by lightning at that moment and could not move her body. It is as if the world has just turned upside down. She did not want to believe any word that the was spoken to her. Few minutes after standing there like a frozen doll, her body started to tremble and weaken, causing her to finally give in and fall down. "Kyungmi!" Kimi yelled, as grabbed Kyungmi's arms right away but she already fell to the floor.

After discussing a few matters with the doctor, Jun Ki returned to Jaejoong's room to take care of things when he saw two figures on the floor as soon as he opened the door.

"Kyungmi-ssi!" He immediately rushed to her side to help her, after noticing that Kimi was having a difficult time by herself. They brought Kyungmi to the sofa and sat on either side of her. She was still in a daze and she did not stop crying, obviously still shocked from the news she received a little while ago.

"I'll.." Jun Ki did not know how or where to begin. Heaving a sigh, he continued, "I will handle everything from here. Kimi-ssi, please send her home first. She needs to recover from the sudden shock."

 

-oOo-

 

"Kyungie, I cooked omurice for you since I know you will like it. Here, have some -" Kimi stopped talking when she realized that Kyungmi was not listening to her and instead, was looking outside through the window of their dining area. "Kyungie, you will need to eat lots if you do not want to pass out at the funeral later." Kimi just heaved a sigh as she look at her cousin's expressionless face.

"Can Jaejoong oppa just take me with him?" Kyungmi suddenly laughed, making Kimi flinch in shock.

"Ya! Do not say things like that." Kimi slapped her cousin's arm - hard - in attempt to get her back to her senses. "Just eat now so that we can leave. I am sure his family and friends are already waiting for us."

 

-oOo-

 

[ AT THE FUNERAL ]

 

Kyungmi was there, in front of his coffin, still feeling expressionless just like in the past days. Jaejoong's mother would even tell her to take a break to eat something or even drink but she would refuse each time.

"Oppa, how could you do this to me? I thought you love me~ Did you want to see me get hurt?" From that point, her tears started to flow again, endlessly. She was about to wipe it when she felt cold wind brush against her face and shoulders.. then she felt like someone was caressing her cheeks and wiping her tears way from her face.

 

'Please don't cry.. I wouldn't want to see you cry..'

 

"Kyungmi..." She turned when someone called her for a moment. When she returned her attention to the front, the atmosphere changed. It was already different from what she felt just seconds earlier. 'Weird' , she thought, but she just brushed it off, completely unaware that it was he who was just there.. watching over her.

After the funeral, she and Kimi decided to go home since it felt like a really long day. As they were heading home in a cab, the whole ride was silent as Kyungmi did not say a single word. Part of her wanted to tell Kimi what had just happened earlier but she chose to rather keep it to herself for the time being.

As soon as they reached home, Kimi went straight to the kitchen to get a glass of cold water for herself while Kyungmi headed to her bedroom first. The first thing she noticed upon opening the door was the rectangular picture frame with a photo of her and Jaejoong on her bed, but she doesn't recall putting it there before leaving earlier that day.

"Eonni~?" She called out to her cousin, who approached her right away. "Did you touch anything in my room?"

"You know that I don't touch your things. Why? Did you lose something?" Kimi tilted her head and scanned around the room for a bit.

"A-ani.." Kyungmi immediately grabbed the frame from her bed and placed it back on the top of her dresser. "I was just.. randomly asking. I'm going to bed now then." She closed the door behind her and locked it before sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Could it be..'' She started, but stopped right there because she did not want the silly thought to get into her. 

Switching the lamp shade off, she lied down and tried to get some sleep, while hugging the pillow that Jaejoong has given her before.

 

-oOo-

 

What happened to Kyungmi that day did not end there. She actually experienced more similar things since then.

Some instances such as if she is looking for something which she's sure of misplacing, it will appear right in front of her as if it had always been there.

Or sometimes she would feel the cold wind would suddenly brush against her again.. against her lips, body, face, lips.

Or like sometimes when there is eminent danger, she feels like she always gets spared and saved.

But as it kept on going, she just treated it as something normal that is part of her life, although most of the time, she will still be wondering what those things might mean. And instead of being scared, she felt rather safe and secured.. as if a guardian angel is always by her side, guiding and protecting her.

It had already been half a year since the unfortunate event which cost Jaejoong's life happened.

Kyungmi is still recovering from it with help of Kimi, who never left her side throughout the months of struggle. She also gained a new friend.. Jun Ki.. who would do his best to always cheer her up whenever he sees her sad.

 

'I'm sorry I couldn't be there with you right now.. physically.. but I will always watch over you, don't worry.'

 

The cold wind blew once again, causing some leaves to fall from the trees as Kyungmi, Kimi, and Jun Ki passed by a certain spot at the park.

"Omo! It's suddenly chilly~" Kimi said as she rubbed both her arms.

"Eonni~" Kyungmi suddenly stopped in her tracks, making the other two stop as well. "This..." She turned to the right where there was one red bench situated. Little did she know, someone was watching her as she slowly approached it.

 

'You remember...' Jaejoong smiled to her even though she won't be able to see it.

 

"This was Jaejoong oppa's favorite spot. "

Kimi only smiled as she placed an arm around Kyungmi's shoulders. "Wherever he is right now, I'm sure he will be happy because you remembered even this little thing about him."

"Will he be happy as well if I try to make Kyungmi happy.. with me?" Jun Ki accidentally blurted out a little loud behind the two ladies, causing Kimi to turn around while Kyungmi didn't really pay much attention.

"W-what did you just say?" Kimi walked to him and asked him to repeat his words.

"N-nothing.." Jun Ki lied as he averted his gaze and took a deep breath.

"Let's go now!"  Kyungmi finally declared as she turned back to the two. She slid her left arm into Kimi's right as they walked side by side, with Jun Ki following behind them.

 

'Kyungmi, if Jun Ki can really make you happy then I can freely let you go.'

 

Jaejoong smiled and stood up, and slowly walked away before disappearing.

 

-oOo-

 

[ COUPLE OF MONTHS LATER ]

 

The place was unusually quiet but it's not a bothering kind, instead it's peaceful and calm. Almost no one was around and it was about past noon time. It will be Kyungmi's 5th time to visit the place since Jaejoong's departure.

She stepped out of the car as soon as it parked outside the memorial garden and looked around her surroundings. She suddenly missed those times when she had her 'guardian angel' around her. For the past few months, Jaejoong didn't really make her feel his presence, although he was just always there for her. Those months were the times when Jun Ki had finally won Kyungmi's heart and had promised her that he would take care of her and love her no matter what. She had thought to herself too that maybe Jaejoong wouldn't be mad if she tried to move on.. and that, she believes Jun Ki is a good person.

Kimi brought that basket of flowers and basket of fruits in both hands as she followed behind Kyungmi to where Jaejoong's grave stone was. After laying the cloth neatly, she placed the fruits and flowers on it

"Jaejoong oppa~" Kyungmi began. "Annyeong~ Are you mad? I rarely come here. The last time I came was during the 1st anniversary. Please don't misunderstand, okay? It's not because Jun Ki has taken much of my time that I'm not able to remember.. it's just that, I'm not really comfortable coming here yet." Jun Ki then held her right hand tightly before looking in front of him. "Hyung!" He uttered a little loud. "I can call you that, right? I hope you approve of this relationship. I promise you that I will never hurt her.. but just in case I unknowingly do, don't hesitate to teach me some lesson." Then he laughed softly and the two ladies beside him only smiled.

"Ah, I actually baked lasagna earlier. Maybe we should eat that here and stay a little longer." Spreading another mat, Kim laid the food on it and the three of them sat to eat.

Kyungmi started to get busy eating and chatting when at the next moment, she felt a presence beside her again. Jaejoong was beside her again. She turned to her right as if she really knew that there was someone.

 

'This will be the last time that I will disturb your peace.' Jaejoong smiled and moved some hair strands away from her forehead causing her to feel the wind blow against her face.

'Now that you have someone who will love you, I want you to be really happy and treasure every moment with him.' He whispered, although it would not matter for she will not hear it.

'But I will always be here to watch over both of you, especially you.. like how you wanted me to promise you.. to never leave your side.''

'I love you. Be happy... you deserve it.' Jaejoong kissed her cheek and at that moment when she touched her own cheek, a tear unconsciously rolled down.

''Oppa...'' She whispered which made Kimi turn to her.

"Hmm? Were you saying something?" She asked as she took a bite on her food, when she noticed her cousin's watery eyes. "Omona~ Kyungie, what happened?"

"Something wrong, jagi?" Jun Ki asked, full of concern.

"A-ani.. I'm just happy that we are able to spend a day like this." Kyungmi let out a contended sigh and smiled, before looking up at the sky.

"Gomawo oppa~ I will be happy.. I promise." She whispered to herself, as if hearing the words he have spoken to her from the other world.

 

 

Hearing her say that, Jaejoong slowly walked away again, leaving the three as they continued to have their little picnic together.