Regret Won't Rewind Things { Doojoon x Sun Hee }

K-Galaxy [ 'Oneshots' Collection ]

Inspiration in writing this: B2ST's YET { http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgZcOOelT9A }


 

Fans were everywhere around the house, shouting and screaming Doojoon's name, and some were even fighting with the guards outside because they want to be allowed in. "Doojoon oppa~ please let me have your signature!" A fan shouted but was shooed away by the guard. It has been a tiring day for Doojoon and he is just glad it already ended. He was originally not going to show up but his manager compelled him to perform in a charity event so it left him with no choice but to adhere.

He was there sitting and leaning his back against the couch while holding his cell phone and staring at it. He was scrolling pictures and messages of his ex-girlfriend, Sun Hee.. although to him, he does not want to address her that way. As he continued scanning the files, a picture caught his attention -- it was a picture of them together where Sun Hee was standing behind him and she had an arm wrapped around his neck while the other pinched his cheek and both of them were laughing. How he missed moments like that of the one in the photo and how he wished he could bring it back! But with everything that has happened, it seems impossible for him already.

All of a sudden, he dialed Sun Hee's number and brought the phone to his ear. He really wanted to talk to her or even just hear her voice for a little while. After some rings, the phone was finally answered but a different voice greeted him. "Wh-where is Sun Hee?" He asked, curious about who the other person could be. "Oh, unnie went to buy something and left her phone here. Who is this please?" Doojoon became a bit puzzled, thinking about how Sun Hee would forget to save his number.

"Please tell her that her boyfriend called."

"Boyfriend? But unnie said she does not have one.."

And then it hit him! He and Sun Hee are now over.

"Ah.. I am just kidding." He laughed it off. "Please just tell her that a friend called."

Sun Hee's sister asked about his name but he did not say anything and ended the call instead.

 

-oOo-

 

"Unnie, I just told a lie." Sun Hee's sister said with puffed cheeks as she turned to her.

"Gwenchana, Jin Hee. Thank you for covering up." Sun Hee walked to her sister and embraced her. Truth is, she really did not leave the house. She only handed her cell phone to her sister when Doojoon called and asked her to make up some excuse as she did not want to talk to him.. because to her, there is no longer a reason for them to communicate. Taking the phone back from Jin Hee, she deleted the history of her call log so that there will no longer be traces of Doojoon.

She is trying to forget him.. she is coping. She does not even watch television that often anymore because she might only see him in the news and it will only make her remember again. As if fate was teasing her, Jin Hee called her attention and told her to watch TV at the moment. There was a news about Doojoon's charity concert earlier that day. When Sun Hee saw it, her mood suddenly dropped and she told her sister to turn the TV off before walking off to her bedroom.

"Stupid news! How can I forgot if I always see him??" Sun Hee locked herself in her room for the rest of the night and did not even go out even if it was already dinner time. Seeing her like this made her sister worry so what Jin Hee did was to just deliver food to her room. She gently knocked on the door to make sure that Sun Hee will not be disturbed. "Come in." Jin Hee slowly turned the knob and walked inside, placing the food tray on the bedside table. "Unnie, you need to eat.. it is late now." Sun Hee sat up and stared at the food before embracing her sister. "Thank you.. but I have no appetite." Jun Hee slightly pulled away and Sun Hee's hair as she spoke, "You still can not forget about him, unnie?" and Sun Hee nodded. "But I know I should.. because even he made a decision already.. and he chose his career over me." She smiled bitterly and her sister embraced her tightly again.

 

Flashback:

"Sun Hee, look!" Doojoon called his girlfriend's name as he pointed to an advertisement on a magazine. "Do you think I should go audition for it? You know how I have always wanted to sing, right?"

"Ne, why not? And besides, whether you get accepted or not, I will still love you." Sun Hee chuckled and hugged his arm, resting her head on his shoulder.

"Thank you for supporting me." Doojoon smiled and kissed the top of her head.

"Anytime.." She smiled back.

Doojoon went for the audition after he and Sun Hee have agreed on it. A week after the audition, he received a mail from the company that held the audition and he was fortunate enough to have passed. He quickly called Sun Hee and told her about the good news. He went to visit her and they met outside her house.

"I passed! I am so happy right now!" He excitedly declared as he embraced Sun Hee tightly. Sun Hee, on the other hand, could not help but to feel a bit sad even if she is happy for her boyfriend because she was sure things will be different starting from that time. "They said I can start training as early as tomorrow." He held her hands and noticed  the little sadness in her eyes. "Hey, are you okay?" He caressed her cheek and she nodded. "I am just.. worried.. because you know, now that you are going to start a new career.. I am wondering if where I will be in your life." She confessed while avoiding to look into his eyes and Doojoon embraced her again. "Nothing will change, of course. You will remain as who and what you are in my life.. and I promise you that we will never be apart" He assured her and hoped she will feel at least a bit better.

It took only few weeks of training for Doojoon before he became a full-time artist and had his debut as a solo singer. At first, he was able to keep his promise to Sun Hee but as more days passed, it seemed like he could not keep up anymore.. like things are just really fast for him. Then came a day he least expected.. his manager told him to break up with Sun Hee because it is affecting his career. He did not want to agree so he tried fighting back and arguing but his manager only pressured him more, which made it more difficult for him.

"Oppa~ I made a cake for you~!" Sun Hee embraced him as he entered his house and was surprised to see her there. "Did I surprise you? That means I succeeded." She laughed and pulled him to the dining table where the cake is. It was their 2nd year anniversary so she wanted to surprise him by baking a cake.

"Sun Hee, I have something important to tell you." He cut in before she could begin another sentence.

"What is it? Why do you sound so serious?"

Doojoon sighed and looked at the floor for a moment before looking at her again, "You know how busy I have been lately, right?" Sun Hee nodded. "Just earlier, my manager talked to me..."

"And..?" Sun Hee blinked her eyes.

"And he is telling me to break up with you.. because according to him, you and my career are just in conflict with each other."

Sun Hee felt like she was going to lose balance the moment she heard those words. The words she dreaded to hear... now she is hearing. She held onto a chair to keep herself up. Suddenly, Doojoon embraced her but she lightly pushed him away. "You.. you are not going to do that, right? You promised me that we will stay together. Please tell me you will not agree with him." There was a moment silence before Doojoon uttered his next words, "I am sorry."

"W-what?" Part of Sun Hee wanted to believe this is all a lie.. that maybe Doojoon is just playing a prank of her, but part of her also told her that it could be true.. but she just does not want to believe it. "Okay.. let us be clear on this, Yoon Doojoon. I will let you choose right now and you can choose only one." She gulped. "Do you want to stay with me.. or do you want to pursue your career alone?" She was looking at him the whole time but he can tell that he was avoiding her eyes, like someone who is feeling guilty because they did something wrong.

"Sun Hee, I.." Doojoon tried to hold her hand but she avoided it. "You know how much I have dreamed of this ever since before, right?" He told her, his eyes still on the floor. "I am sorry.. but I am staying in this career."

Sun Hee was not sure why, but at that moment, she just laughed.. it was probably to cover for the hurt that she was feeling at the moment. "You have made it clear for me now. I am not that important in your life.. I see. Okay, from now on I promise you one thing.. you will not see me again." She headed straight out the door just before her tears started to flow down her cheeks.

Since then, Sun Hee made it a point to stay away from anything that has something to do with him.

-end-

 

Jin Hee kept wiping the tears on her sister's face with her own handkerchief. It pains her whenever she sees her in this condition but can not do something to relieve her. Sun Hee just leaned her head on Jin Hee's shoulder and continued to find comfort by crying on her. She did not think that in a flash, all memories will just go back and hit her again.

Jin Hee kept thinking of something that would make her sister feel better. Suddenly, she has thought of something.. something that Sun Hee might not like, but still it could be the best way to heal the wounds in her right now. Properly laying Sun Hee down on her bed after she has fallen asleep on her shoulder, Jin Hee grabbed her own cell phone and headed out to the room to call someone.. lucky for her, she was still able to memorize the number.

"Hello, who is this?" The person on the other line answered.

"Lee Jin Hee imnida." Jin Hee grinned. She was sure the person will recognize the name.

"J-jin.. Sun Hee's--"

"Bingo!" She cut him off. "I am here to tell you something so you better listen up. Well, I just want to ask.. When is your next concert, oppa~?"

"Why do you suddenly ask? I thought you sister does not want anything to do with me now."

"It is as simple as A-B-C. I am the one who is going to watch. But.. do you want to see her?" She grinned against the cell phone. "I will convince her to come with me but I will not tell her where we will go, of course. And then.." She tapped her chin. "Maybe we can just talk about more details next time. So what is important now is your answer.. do you want to see her or not?" Surely that time, she sounded like she was older than the person she was talking with.

"Of course I want. There is nothing more I want but to see her again and tell her how sorry I am. I know I was a big fool to let go of--"

Jin Hee suddenly cut him off again, "I guess you should be telling that to unnie and not to me. Well then, it is settled. Let us just talk again next time for more details, oppa. And do not worry, I will make sure unnie will not know that we are talking. Bye~" She ended the call right away.

 

-oOo-

 

3 days later and the said concert is set to happen. Jin Hee had convinced her sister to accompany her saying that it is a concert required by their school. What is more, they had entered the backdoor of the venue and she only told Sun Hee that it is because a friend of hers who is part of the concert gave free special passes. She obviously did that so that Sun Hee will not see the posters and banners of Doojoon at the front part. So there they were sitting on the first row of seats because Jin Hee pulled her sister there as part of her plan, so it will be easier for Doojoon to see them. Soon enough, the front doors have opened and in came a lot of people, bringing banners with them and it was not so long until the venue was filled. 

Suddenly, the lights dimmed before slowly unfolding once again on the center stage, revealing a piano. Sun Hee was quite curious and excited to know what the show is about so she kept on asking her sister, but the moment she turned her gaze back to the stage, she did not expect what she saw before her eyes... Yoon Doojoon.

"Ya, Lee Jin Hee.. what is this about? You owe me a big explanation." She turned to her sister and scolded her but Jin Hee just cleared and whistled, trying to pretend that she did not hear a thing. Sun Hee was about to stand up and ready to leave the venue when Jin Hee held her arm. "No, unnie~ Stay here with me please?" Sun Hee sighed in defeat and took a seat again. "But what is this? Why is... is 'he' here?" Jin Hee answered her question with nothing more than 'you will find out later.' It seems like her little sister's plan will really work.

Doojoon took a hold of the microphone in his right hand and walked towards the center of the stage and started speaking. Hearing him talk like this and hearing his voice at the moment made Sun Hee uneasy but because she promised to her sister that she will stay, she was left with no choice but to sit there and listen.

"Today.." Doojoon began. "There is a special reason why I am holding this concert.. or actually, just a little performance. Originally, it was not supposed to be like this.. but since I want to do something and prove to someone how sincere I am... then I am going to do this." His eyes never left Sun Hee as he continued talking and some people have already noticed this, causing them to whisper. Sun Hee, however, did not notice this because she was trying her best to avoid looking at him.. especially meeting his gaze.

"There is a lady here today.. to whom I am going to dedicate this performance. I hope she will listen to it." He walked towards the piano and sat on the small seat in front. Slowly placing his fingers on the keyboard, he took one deep breath before he started to play the song. During the first lines, he only kept glancing at her, trying to catch her attention but never succeeded.

Then the chorus of the song came..

 

When this door closes
When the image of you disappears
I'll probably spend the day in tears
Because of the memories with you
I'm left alone, I wish that you'll be happier now
When I let go of this hand now
I'll no longer have any reason to smile
But when you're in another's embrace
And I see you smiling, I'll try to smile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zo0uZExV5E }

 

Sun Hee still did not look at him but there was something in her that will tell she was quite moved even though she was holding back because she did not want to believe in false hopes again. The song soon finished and the audience cheered. Doojoon was still waiting for a reaction from Sun Hee but it seemed like she did not really seem to care anymore. The next minute, she hastily stood up from her seat and was about to leave when he played another song.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twvm6-ezubc }

I should have said the words 'I love you'
I should have said it more often
Even though I was annoyed or tired
I should have ran, saying that I miss you
I should have walked you home every single day
Instead of meeting my friends on the weekend
I should have stayed with you

 

She could really feel the heavy stare upon her. She stopped in her tracks, but still had her back face him.

 

Why am I having late regrets now?
Why didn't I know back then?
I'm sorry, I'm sorry baby
Why am I having late regrets now?
You are so special to me
I wished to give you good memories

 

Leaving the stage, Doojoon took the microphone and slowly walked towards Sun Hee as the music in the background continued to play.

 

But we were so young back then
We didn't know about anything
Can you take that as an excuse?
Can you hold my hand again?
It's okay if it's not right now
Even it takes some time
I will keep your space open
I will continue to stay at this place



That moment, he was already teary-eyed but he tried his best to hold those threatening tears back. Gently holding her hand, he slowly turned her around to face him.. and then they met eyes with each other.

 

I hope that it isn't too late to turn you around
I hope that it isn't too far for you to reach

 

At that point, he stopped singing and just let the music continue playing. He lowered his head and started tearing up. He held her hand a little tighter and whispered 'Please.' Sun Hee was just there, as if she was frozen, she did not leave the spot where she was.

"Can I have you back? Please.." He pleaded, still with head down. "I know a mere sorry would not be enough.. but.. I am really hoping you can still give me a chance. I really want you back." And he embraced Sun Hee, and to his surprise, she did not pull back.. but she did not return the embrace either.

"Why? Are you not happy with where you are right now? You already have your dream.. I guess you are perfect just like that." Sun Hee uttered with a hint of bitterness in her tone.

"My life is not complete without you. I am nothing without you. I know I was such a fool to have let you go before. If you only know how those days without you have been.." He sighed before continuing. "Please.. come back to me and let us start again."

Sun Hee suddenly pulled back and looked at him in the eyes before shaking her head lightly. "Sorry, I can not. I can not afford to give you another chance to possibly hurt me again. I have hurt enough. I do not hope for more." Then she slowly slipped her hand off his. "Maybe someday, there might be another chance for 'us'.. maybe in the next life? I do not know. For the mean time, let us just live our lives separately. Good luck to your career. I will go now.." She smiled a little and tapped his arm lightly before walking out of the hall, leaving him there hopeless.

 

 

 

"I will wait.. until you come back." Doojoon whispered to himself as he watched her figure walk away.