Resurrection

Icebound

 

 

 

res·ur·rec·tion  

[rez-uh-rek-shuhn]  

 

rising again, as from decay and disuse, revival

 

 

"Alrighty guys! File the report and you'll be done for today! Chop chop~ it's Friday~ TGIF peeps~" Baekhyun said cheerfully as he walked into the office after his hearty lunch.
 
"I've brought some donuts~ share among yourselves, Chanyeol don't eat all of them, Sehun don't eat too much or you'll have sugar rush!" Baekhyun placed the box of donuts on the table, and his employees came rushing to it like how predators are attracted to preys.
 
"Baekkie! Do you have anything on tomorrow?" Chanyeol asked Baekhyun cheerfully, jumping an excited little puppy while plucking two donuts out from the box. Baekhyun smiled at his trusty assistant.
 
"Why?" Baekhyun asked skeptically. Chanyeol looked at Sehun, who smiled before answering to their boss's question.
 
"Because we are going hiking!" Sehun said excitedly with his mouth full of the sweet sugary treat. Baekhyun looked horrified.
 
"What do you mean by 'we'?" Baekhyun asked. He stared at his two assistants, who looked back at him excitedly like a little kid. No way...
 
"No, I can't I...er...." 
 
"Baekhyunnie, stop finding excuses! It'll be fun!" Chanyeol jumped in his seat.
 
"I don't know, I promised to do a lecture on...you know...witch trials of Massachusetts next week at Yonsei University, so I have to...erm...write a thesis?" Baekhyun said meekly.
 
"Boss, we've wrote that thesis a few months back, you can just use the same thesis for presentation!" Sehun said.
 
"But I hate exercising!" Baekhyun whined. The two high fived each other.
 
"We knew you'd say that, thus...." Chanyeol looked at Sehun.
 
"We decided to do some research, and found a mountain which folklores has been circling that a 1000 year old fox spirit resides there." Sehun finished. Baekhyun's ears perked up at the mention of fox spirit.
 
"What time are we meeting tomorrow?"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol woke up to the sound of people banging rather loudly on his door. He rubbed his eyes feeling rather annoyed as he made his way down the stairs to his living room. Opening the door, he came face to face with his rather overly-excited boss and his fellow colleague who has his PMS-sy face on.
 
"What is it? Are you guys trying to tear down my house?!" Chanyeol groaned. Sehun gave an annoyed side-glance to his boss.
 
"I don't know, ask him." Sehun grumbled. Baekhyun smiled and rubbed Sehun's head.
 
"Don't be pouty! I'm so excited for today!!!!!!" Baekhyun did a small dance, wriggling his . Chanyeol rubbed his eyes as he looked at the clock.
 
"Seriously Baek?! 4AM in the morning?! Are you kidding me?!" Chanyeol half-shouted.
 
"At least it's 4AM for you. He came threatening to tear my dorm room down at 2:45AM. I'm just glad that I live alone, who knows what would my roommate say if I ever have one." Sehun said. Baekhyun just gave an all too cheerful smile.
 
"Awwwww don't be so negative about it~ after all, there's a saying that early bird catches the most worms!" Baekhyun said as his employees facepalmed themselves. They couldn't believe how can their boss be so excited at the mention of folklores that may not even be real.
 
"Boss, do we need to tell you that there may be chances that the folklores being circulated there may not even be real?" Chanyeol said.
 
"I know!" Baekhyun said cheerfully. His employees facepalmed themselves again.
 
"Ugh, I don't understand you." Sehun mumbled.
 
"Trust me, sometimes I don't understand myself either." Baekhyun said, "Channie, hurry go wash up! We will be out in five! So chop chop~" Baekhyun said, turning to Chanyeol. Chanyeol muttered something about overworking employees as he made his way to the bathroom.
 
Ah, it's going to be a long day.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's so dark here...
 
 
 
How long has it been?
 
 
 
I feel nothing, nothing at all...
 
 
 
It's so cold... So so cold...
 
 
 
My heart...it stopped...
 
 
 
When can I ever get out?
 
 
 
Why did he betray me?
 
 
 
Why?
 
 
 
I feel so hurt...
 
 
 
Numb... I can't feel my limbs...
 
 
 
A crack up there...if only I can reach it...
 
 
 
I can't move...
 
 
 
If only I can die...
 
 
 
But I can't... I must survive this...
 
 
 
I'm so lonely and cold...
 
 
 
The coldness...it burns...
 
 
 
So cold...
 
 
 
So...so...cold...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Ahhhhh! Fresh air! I've always loved hiking!" Baekhyun smiled as he stretched out lazily in the morning sun. Sehun eyed him with a slanted look.
 
"And who's the one that said that he hates exercising?"
 
"Oh shut it!" Baekhyun waved him away, he looked around and found that they are alone, "why is this place so empty? I mean...it's a Saturday, shouldn't there be more people?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"Well, the legends circulating around the towns surrounding this area scares people off, thus no one dares to come and hike around here." Sehun said. Baekhyun raised his brows.
 
"And why is that so?" Baekhyun asked, cocking his head to the right. Chanyeol looked at Sehun with an uneasy look.
 
"Well, there are many versions of the story. Some said that the fox spirit lives here eats babies and pregnant ladies, some says that the fox spirit lures people with her beauty before devouring them, some says that the fox spirit steals people's heart as her own was stolen. But there is no accurate version of it, just like all the folklores around." Chanyeol said. Baekhyun shuddered as he looked at his feet. Chanyeol eyed his friend.
 
"Hey, you okay? We could still go back if you want to you know-"
 
"Lets go fox hunting!" Baekhyun cheered as he threw his bag to Chanyeol and went on ahead. Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun's back with a stupefied expression.
 
"Why is he our boss again?" Chanyeol asked. Sehun just shrugged.
 
The two of them slowly made their way to their boss who is busy jumping around the slope, checking out every tree for signs of what he called "spiritual lingering" in hopes to find the fox spirit.
 
"Little foxy where are you~" Baekhyun jumped around as his employees trudged behind him, shaking their heads.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Who is that?
 
 
 
These voices...
 
 
 
It's been long since I've heard voices...
 
 
 
I'm here!
 
 
 
Help!
 
 
 
Save me...
 
 
 
Save...
 
 
 
Me...
 
 
 
I don't want to be alone anymore...
 
 
 
So cold...
 
 
 
So...so...cold...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Baek, are you sure we should keep going?" Baekhyun paused and turned around to look at his friend.
 
"Of course Chanyeol! I'm sure there's a spot for camping up at the front!" Baekhyun smiled excitedly.
 
"But boss, are you sure that we should...you know.. Keep going? Haven't you heard of the story of the fox spirit?" 
 
"Sehun, we are paranormal investigators! That is all the more reason we should camp up here tonight! I would like to meet the fox spirit-"
 
A low rumbling sound is heard throughout the mountain as the ground began to shake.
 
"What's happening?!" Chanyeol panicked.
 
"C-calm down, it's nothing, maybe just some slight magnitude!" Baekhyun tried to say it as calmly as possible, but the panic in his voice says otherwise.
 
 Then, then earth opened up a crack.
 
"Baek!" Baekhyun turned around just to see the crack growing bigger and bigger separating him from his friends. 
 
"Baek!!! No!!" That's the last thing he heard as he fell into the abyss of darkness, the fissure swallowing him up as a whole.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
THUD!
 
BANG!
 
"Ouch!" Baekhyun slowly stirred. He opened his eyes slowly to find himself engulfed in darkness. 
 
"Ugh..." Baekhyun moaned softly. He couldn't feel his legs. He struggled to pull out a flashlight from his pocket and shone it down his legs area. A big boulder was seated right on his right leg, completely immobilizing him. 
 
"God damn it." Baekhyun cussed under his breath. He just prays that he has no broken bones.
 
"Hello?" Baekhyun shouted, "anybody there?" He paused for awhile, only hearing echoes of his voice bouncing off the wall?
 
"Somebody help! Anybody!" Baekhyun shouted, and once again, met with no replies except for the echoes of his own voice. Baekhyun dug out his phone with much difficulty, just to see that his device had been broken into mangling pieces.
 
"Ugh. Screw this." He threw away his phone in anger.
 
Baekhyun lay back against his back to the wall and sighed.
 
"What a way to die." Baekhyun mumbled as he slowly drifted off.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Who are you?"
 
A soft and tender voice jolted Baekhyun from his sleep. He looked around his surrounding while flashing his flashlight, but he sees no one.
 
"Who's there?" Baekhyun called out, only to hear echoes again.
 
"Who are you. What is your purpose of being here?" A melodious voice asked. Baekhyun looked around, seeing no one.
 
"Where are you? Why can't I see you?" Baekhyun asked frantically. He suddenly remembered the story of the fox spirit that Chanyeol told him, and became suddenly afraid.
 
"I am behind you." 
 
Baekhyun turned around, slightly wincing from the pain at his leg, and he was taken aback by an astonishing sight.
 
Although his glasses has cracks around the lenses, but there it is, a small body encased in freezing ice. Baekhyun couldn't make out the face as the frost had covered most of it, but Baekhyun could make out from the silhouette that the entity is indeed a small boy.
 
"W-what are you?" Baekhyun asked in a hushed whisper.
 
Silence.
 
There is no reply.
 
Baekhyun slowly reached out his hand and caressed the ice. The ice did not felt cold to his touch at all. He traced the slight runes around the ice. There is a carving of a feline on the ice. He rested his palm on it. The ice felt warm.
 
Wait.
 
It's not the ice that felt warm.
 
Baekhyun felt that his palm is burning up. He hurriedly removed his hand from the ice, and he saw that there is a symbol of a sun with eight extended sharp ends with tiny circles at each ends, while his palm is glowing with and ethereal glow.
 
"What-"
 
A light beam shot out, lighting the cavern to its darkest corners.
 
"What's happening?!" Baekhyun exclaimed. 
 
CRACK
 
Baekhyun looked up at the block of ice in front of him and saw a deep crack on it. Slowly, the crack grew bigger and bigger until the ice shattered. He heard a sound of a cat shrieking. Baekhyun's eyes widened marginally as the scene unfolds in front of him.
 
The boy previously trapped in the ice slowly landed to the floor with grace that is comparable to an angel as he let out a soft sigh.
 
Baekhyun felt entranced as he watched on. He couldn't move. He couldn't speak. He felt his eyes glued to the beautiful being in front of him. The boy slowly opened his eyes and looked at Baekhyun with a look so cold that it pierces his soul. The boy's eyes, huge and beautiful, but yet looking so lifeless, but Baekhyun was sired by them.
 
"Thank you."
 
The voice had an angelic ring in it.
 
Baekhyun out once more.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Baek!"
 
"Hyung!"
 
Baekhyun slowly let his eyes flutter open.
 
The first thing he saw was his two employees' crying faces.
 
"Hey guys! Why are you guys crying? I swear I just had the weirdest dream ever! I can't wait to tell you guys about it-"
 
Baekhyun was pulled into a bone breaking hug.
 
"What are you guys doing-"
 
"Thank god you're okay!" Chanyeol cried, muffling into Baekhyun's hair.
 
"What?-"
 
"We thought we lost you after that fissure swallowed you up!" Sehun cried. Baekhyun's eyes widened.
 
"That fissure really happened?" Baekhyun asked. The other two pulled back as they nodded while wiping their eyes clumsily.
 
"Wow... How did you guys find me?" Baekhyun asked. 
 
"We don't know, we went to call for help and when we came back, we found you beside the hole, safe and sound, but you may have a broken rib or two. We don't know if it's a miracle or something, but I'm just glad that you're okay!" Chanyeol said. 
 
Baekhyun slowly held out his palm to push back his hair. But his eyes spied something else. He looked down at his own palm and saw the same sun symbol he had when he was in the cave, burned into his skin.
 
"Oh god, that wasn't a dream either." Baekhyun said.
 
"What wasn't a dream?" Chanyeol asked. 
 
But before Baekhyun could answer, darkness swallowed him once more.
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
A Cup of Sunshine
 
Sorry for taking so long to update D: I found a holiday job. Geeeeeez~ anyway~ hehehe you guys must be having lots and lots of questions~ but...it will all be answered with time~weeeee~ I've tried making a poster again but...I'm not an artist so it still ...... Sorry for any grammatical/vocabulary errors >_< I love you all~ I'll try to update again soon...PEACE OUT ^~^v