Found

Icebound
 
 

found

 

[found]

 

to come upon by chance; meet with

 
 
 
 
"You're not human." 
 
The man said as he took a step back into the safe compound of his office. Jongin smirked.
 
"Of course I am not, but you're not a human either, so we can skip the dramatics." Jongin's eyes flickered up to eye the man.
 
"Very well, how did you know what am I, and how did you find me?" The man challenged. Jongin then raised up his right hand and smirked. Blue flames crackles to life and danced on his fingertips threateningly, shedding an eerie glow along the pavement of the sidewalk.
 
"Sorcery." The man gasped.
 
"Two points for you." Jongin said before extinguishing his flames.
 
Jongin took a step forward and leaned casually against the door frame. He inspected the area and tried putting a foot through the threshold, but an invisible force prevented him from going through.
 
"You have something I need. And it kind of because I am stuck out here." Jongin said as he inspected his nails, "so why don't you invite me in so that we could have a little chat?"
 
"I am not letting you in. I don't own this place, so I can't invite you in either. I know why you're here, so sly-talking won't get you anywhere. And why should I help you anyway?" The man retorted.
 
Jongin squinted, then, slowly, he gave an understanding look.
 
Jongin smirked. "I am reading your mind now, and I see that you have a loved one. Someone who you love dearly."
 
"How-"
 
"And he doesn't love you back, what a sad thing." Jongin said mockingly.
 
The man shook his head. "He loves me too-"
 
"No he don't." Jongin said in a teasing tone. The man suddenly looked disturbed. 
 
"And that could be changed. Easily if I may add. Just a little bit of magic, and poof! He's in love with you." Jongin said, before taking a step away from the door. 
 
"But only if you give me what I want." Then, Jongin turned around and began walking away. 
 
"Here's my number, call me when you have changed your mind."
 
"Wait-"
 
The man chased after Jongin, but Jongin was gone.
 
In his place, a piece of paper fluttered down slowly from the air, on it was Jongin's contact number. The man held onto the piece of paper and looked around nervously to make sure that Jongin is really gone.
 
Indeed, he was alone.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo woke up gasping hard for air.
 
He had another of those visions again. 
 
Cold sweat ran down his back as he gripped hard onto the sheets. He felt warm before, then he felt a cold stabbing feeling against his sides. Darkness was everywhere, seeping deep into his bones. He could still feel the putrid, foul air of hell blowing in his face.
 
"Kai." Kyungsoo spoke a single word as he looked around the room warily. In that moment of weakness, Kyungsoo had forgotten where he really was as he saw a dark figure materialized in the middle of the room.
 
"No. No!" Kyungsoo leaped out from the bed, then he kneeled on the ground, grabbing his head hard. He is hearing voices which weren't real. Kyungsoo was trembling hard.
 
Kyungsoo sees Kai strutting towards him slowly from afar. 
 
"The darkness is coming to claim you, resistance is futile." Kai smirked.
 
"Go away!" Kyungsoo screamed as he swung his left arm casting a force of repulsion towards the figure. But the spell did not hit the figure. Instead, the figure vanished. Something else shifted in the room. A figure leaped out from the bed as light flooded the room.
 
"GET AWAY FROM ME!" Kyungsoo screamed as he directed both his arms towards the figure to cast a knock-back hex. However, Kyungsoo felt an invisible force struck against his body in full force, and flung him in an opposite direction.
 
Kyungsoo felt something shatter against his back. Splinters of the shattered glass drove into his skin. Kyungsoo lay there in a daze. 
 
"Hey, Kyungsoo! Stay with me! Wake up!" Someone shook Kyungsoo as Kyungsoo's vision started focusing once more. Kyungsoo couldn't recognize the person in front of him for a moment, until he saw the small beautiful eyes and porcelain nose.
 
"Baekhyun." Kyungsoo said weakly.
 
Baekhyun pulled Kyungsoo away from the shattered mirror as he held Kyungsoo in his arms. Baekhyun could see a huge gash on Kyungsoo's side where a shard of the broken mirror is deeply imbedded in. Silvery blood flowed steadily from the wound. Kyungsoo struggled in his hold.
 
"He's here. We have to run. He is here to kill me!" Kyungsoo cried as he held onto Baekhyun.
 
Baekhyun felt tears threatened. Kyungsoo looks so small, so afraid.
 
"No, he's not real. He is dead. He has been dead for centuries. He is not here, he is not real." Baekhyun murmured against Kyungsoo's hair as he hugs him tight, blinking away his tears. He has to stay sane. He has to stay strong for Kyungsoo.
 
"I am here, I will protect you. I will not let him harm you." Baekhyun assures as he rubbed Kyungsoo's back. Kyungsoo's breathing began to stabilize as Baekhyun holds him. Then, Kyungsoo drew back to see Baekhyun looking at him with worried eyes.
 
"I'm fine now. It's just a dream." Kyungsoo said. Then, he looked down at his side and saw the shard in his skin. Frowning, Kyungsoo plucked out the shard. As soon as the shard was removed, Kyungsoo's skin began closing up, healing fast. Baekhyun watched in awe.
 
"I am immortal after all. Nothing can hurt me." Kyungsoo smiled as he Baekhyun's cheeks.
 
"You sure? Because you was just screaming devils a few moment ago." Baekhyun said worriedly.
 
"Sorry for making you worry." Kyungsoo said as he buried his face in the crook of Baekhyun's neck.
 
Baekhyun lifted Kyungsoo up and carried him to bed.
 
"It's okay, let's just sleep."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"I found him." 
 
Kai turned around from a pensive-looking mirror and watched as Jongin walked in empty handed.
 
"Well? Where is he then?" Kai asked.
 
"He will come around crawling to find me soon." Jongin smirked.
 
Kai raised his brows. "How sure can you be?"
 
"A hundred and one percent." Jongin replied with much confidence.
 
"And why is that so?"
 
"Love."
 
Kai looks taken aback. "Love?" Jongin nodded
 
"Love, the greatest destruction of men. He will come to me because of love. Being caught in a supernatural war, innocent puppy love is just some collateral damage." Jongin said. Kai rolled his eyes before turning back to his mirror. Jongin stalked up towards his first generation doppelgänger.
 
"And what exactly have you been up to?" Jongin asked.
 
Kai waved his arms in front of the mirror and the mirror's glow diminished.
 
"I've been scrying."
 
"Scrying?"
 
"Magical stalking by the means of a mirror. Or any other looking object. Stones, crystals, etcetera."
 
"I know what is scrying. But what for?" 
 
Kai floated away from the mirror. "I had to find the fox, so that we can put him down. But right now, I couldn't get his exact location. Someone casted a spell, a ward to protect his location."
 
"Well, that's troublesome." Jongin stated.
 
"It didn't mean that I couldn't get to him." Kai said. It was Jongin's turn to look surprised.
 
Kai smirked.
 
"I gave him a hell of a nightmare. It was so real that he attacked himself."
 
Jongin smiled as he hits the brick of realization.
 
"Poor little foxy."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Okay, here we are." Baekhyun said as he opened the door for Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo giggled as he stood out of the car.
 
"You don't have to act like a gentleman."
 
"That's because I am one."
 
Kyungsoo rolled his eyes as he followed Baekhyun to the door of the building. Baekhyun unlocked the glass door, went inside and started walking up the stairs. Kyungsoo walked happily until he hit a wall of invisible force. 
 
Kyungsoo frowned. He tried putting his foot through the door again, but there is something invisible blocking him. Then he realized...
 
"Baek." 
 
"Yeah?" Baekhyun turned around and look at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo looks kind of funny as he keeps trying but he just couldn't enter the office. Then, Kyungsoo gave up. He blew some air at his bangs.
 
"A little help here? Invite the poor vixen in?" Kyungsoo said tiredly.
 
"Oh, sorry, I forgot." Baekhyun jogged down the stairs towards Kyungsoo.
 
Then, Baekhyun curtsied. "Please come in, Mr Do."
 
Kyungsoo bit back a smile. "Thank you, let us proceed shall we? Mr Byun."
 
Kyungsoo took a preliminary step into the building. When his foot manage to pass the threshold, he smiled. Then, he followed Baekhyun up the stairs to the main office on the second level.
 
"Excited?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"It's the first time ever I'm going to your office, of course I'm excited." Kyungsoo said.
 
Baekhyun winked at him. "You will be safe here. I own this building now, no one else  supernatural can come in. You can feel free to roam around if you want to." Baekhyun pushed opened the door and held it for Kyungsoo.
 
"Nah, I'd rather be by your side. I love watching my man as he works."
 
"Come on in then, my little y vixen." Baekhyun winked. Kyungsoo laughed and slapped Baekhyun lightly on his chest before walking in.
 
"Welcome to Korea Supernatural Investigation Centre! How can I- Baekhyun!" A tall guy rushed past Kyungsoo and enveloped Baekhyun in a warm embrace. "Welcome back! I missed you!" 
 
Baekhyun laughed lightly as he pushed the tall guy away. "Chanyeol! I missed you too."
 
Chanyeol detached himself from Baekhyun and looked at Kyungsoo.
 
"And who is this?" Chanyeol asked. 
 
Baekhyun walked towards Kyungsoo and pulled his hand.
 
"Kyungsoo, meet my assistant Chanyeol." Baekhyun said to Kyungsoo.
 
"Hello!" Kyungsoo smiled to Chanyeol, and Chanyeol smiles back, but in a wiry manner.
 
Baekhyun stepped in front of Kyungsoo and smiled brightly.
 
"And Chanyeol, this is my boyfriend Kyungsoo."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Hello? This is Kim Jongin." 
 
Jongin spoke lazily into his phone. He heard deep breathing from the other side of the line.
 
"You're right. I need your help."
 
"Very well then, meet me tonight at twilight. Oh, and bring something of the person you love, maybe his hair or something. I will text you my location. Come alone."
 
Click.
 
The call was ended.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jongin stood at the middle of the clearing in the forest as he sets up a makeshift altar there. He erected a table, and on it lays the herbs and spices which he needs for the spell. He looked up and sees a waxing moon, and he took in a deep breath to stock himself with the magic he needed for the spell.
 
The infatuation spell.
 
Jongin smiled as soon as he felt a presence behind him.
 
"You've came." Jongin said. Behind him, the man walked towards him.
 
"You've promised a spell. Where is it?" The man demanded as he handed over a pouch. Jongin smirked as he took it from him.
 
"Relax, I am just about to cast it. And is this his hair?"
 
"Yes, I've got it out of his comb this afternoon during lunch break."
 
"How scheming."
 
"Touché."
 
Jongin walked towards his makeshift altar and set a crystal cauldron on it. He measured each herb and spice out in their rightful quantity and placed them one by one into his cauldron.
 
Bachelor Buttons, Basils, Chamomile, Daffodils, and Ivy, for love. 
 
Hibiscus, Hickory, Parsnip, and Saffron to invoke lust. 
 
Echinacea to strengthen the spell.
 
And lastly, Coriander to make the spell into the world's finest love potion ever.
 
"Qui autem diligit me, diligit me
 
Jongin started a chant. White flames engulfed the herbs as it burns in the cauldron. 
 
"Ipse me
 
Jongin breathed in the crisp night air of nature as he bound the spell to the waxing moon. Jongin opened the pouch and took out that single strand of hair. He flung the pouch aside lazily, before dropping that strand of hair carefully into the cauldron.
 
"Contra voluntatem suam"
 
Jongin gestured for the man to walk towards him, and the man did.
 
"Please tell me that it's working." The man said.
 
Jongin smiled. "It's working."
 
The altar began to shake vigorously as the contents in the cauldron began to bubble furiously. Magic filled the air, shadow danced with the woods, birds and animals began running away from the area of the forest. Jongin emptied all the magic he drew from nature into the cauldron, casting the spell of love, lust and to enthrall the victim, subjecting him against his will.
 
Then, Jongin took out a small vial from his coat. A single thread of silvery liquid floated out of the cauldron and into the vial. The liquid has a sickly sweet scent that makes the man gag. Jongin put the vial into the man's hand.
 
"Let him drink this, and he will be yours forever."
 
"How do I know that it will work?" 
 
Jongin shook his head lightly as he laughed. "Oh trust me, it will. This is my strongest brew yet. I bound the spell to a waxing moon. As the moon grows full, so will his love towards you."
 
The man looks skeptical.
 
"Just don't forget our deal." Jongin said, suddenly turning serious.
 
The man sighed. "What type of creature are you hunting down?"
 
"A thousand year old fox spirit." Jongin said, "which, I believe that you will want to kill too, as the said being was the very same one that tried to end your bloodline centuries ago."
 
The man raised his brows. "That fox spirit? Isn't he-"
 
"He had been released quite recently." Jongin cut him off.
 
The man smirked. "I'll look out for it then." 
 
Jongin snapped his fingers and the makeshift altar combusted into flames.
 
"I guess I'll see you soon." The man said.
 
"You've bet." Jongin replied.
 
Just as the man was about to walk away, Jongin called out.
 
"It's been great working with you Chanyeol." 
 
Chanyeol gave him a thumbs up as he walks away with the vial of love potion.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Baekhyun stared hard at his thesis as he tried to come out with a sentence to start on a topic which he totally did not have time to even do a research on. Kyungsoo walked into his office with a plate of cookies. Baekhyun looked up.
 
"Hey."
 
"Hey you too, why are you so stressed?" Kyungsoo smiled as he fed Baekhyun a cookie.
 
Baekhyun shrugged as he took a bite of the delicious chocolate chip cookie which his lover just baked for him. "It having to catch up on all these work." 
 
Kyungsoo eyed the mountain of documents on Baekhyun's table as he sat down on Baekhyun's lap, then he took a peep into Baekhyun's laptop.
 
"I could help you with them."
 
Baekhyun scoffed. "No you can't, I bet that you don't know a single thing about Norse legends-"
 
"Valkyries are literally all half sisters. The way in which they were born were due to divine intervention. When a female warrior, on the verge of death on the battlefield, cries out in courage, Freya and Odin strikes the warrior with their lightning to preserve their courage in the form of Valkyries." Baekhyun look taken aback, but started typing every word that Kyungsoo said.
 
"Their life force comes from the lightning, they gives off thunderbolts whenever they were emotional. They are practically a bunch of walking energy that has PMS all year round. One is not likely to survive if one angered a Valkyrie. They strikes with ice and lightning, but they were more of a head-on combat type of species, yielding swords and stuffs. It maybe due to the fact that they are born from the courage of a warrior. They are granted immortality from Freya. And you're welcome Mr Byun." Kyungsoo got off his lap and sat on the chair opposite of Baekhyun sassily.
 
"Any more questions?" Kyungsoo smirked.
 
"Have you ever met one of those?" Baekhyun asked.
 
Kyungsoo pondered for a little while. "Well, I did have a run in with one back in the 1300s. She killed the bear which I was trying to save." 
 
"What is she like?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"She was beautiful, strong and agile. And very bad tempered." Kyungsoo winced at the memory.
 
Baekhyun chuckled. "Did she kicked your ?"
 
"Not really, I managed to bind her to stop her movements before I hightailed out of there with the bear's spirit." Kyungsoo shuddered. The battle had been a close one, and Kyungsoo had not been an immortal back then.
 
"I see, getting your whipped by some lass isn't pretty huh?"
 
"They aren't exactly gentle-"
 
 
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
 
 
Kyungsoo immediately zipped his mouth shut as the door opened.
 
"My dearest boss! I see that you've been- oh hello Kyungsoo!" Chanyeol smiled. Kyungsoo waved back smiling. For some reason, Kyungsoo felt sick suddenly. A disgustingly sweet scent assaulted his nose the moment the door opened. 
 
"Yes Chanyeol?" Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol walked into the room with a steaming mug in his hands. Kyungsoo looked over and found that the sweet scent is wafting from the mug. Kyungsoo could literally see pink floating out from the mug.
 
Love potion.
 
"I have made you some hot chocolate. I see that you had been so stressed lately, thus here's something for you to loosen up!" Chanyeol smiled before turning to Kyungsoo.
 
"I'm so sorry that I couldn't make one for you as we have ran out of chocolates."
 
Kyungsoo eyed Chanyeol warily. Did Chanyeol concoct the potion? Is Chanyeol a sorcerer? Or worst, what if Chanyeol is Kai's descendant? Kyungsoo must keep up with the acting in a play that Chanyeol had choreographed. 
 
"It's alright." Kyungsoo whispered, trying to block the sickly sweet scent. Baekhyun seems oblivious to the scent because he is obviously human. 
 
Just as Chanyeol slowly walked towards Baekhyun, Kyungsoo stood up. He bumps into Chanyeol by accident, making him spill the drink all over the floor. The mug fell onto the ground, smashing it.
 
Chanyeol saw red as he looked at Kyungsoo.
 
"What was that for?" Chanyeol said in a slightly raised voice.
 
"I'm sorry! It was just an accident!" Kyungsoo squeaked. Baekhyun got up from his seat.
 
"It's alright Chan, it's just a cup of hot chocolate! Geez, I can always buy more!" Baekhyun said.
 
Chanyeol took in deep breaths to calm himself, before bending down to pick up the broken porcelain.
 
"Leave it, Yeol, I'll ask the cleaner to-"
 
"Ouch!" Chanyeol shouted as he cut himself with the broken mug by accident.
 
"You're bleeding!" Kyungsoo said as he took a piece of tissue to help Chanyeol stop the bleeding by applying pressure on it.
 
"I'm fine." Chanyeol grumbled.
 
"No you're not. You need a band aid, and maybe some- OUCH!" 
 
Kyungsoo recoiled. Something burned him.
 
Kyungsoo looked down at his own fingers and saw a purplish-green burn mark against it. His skin sizzled as he saw a single drop of black coloured blood in its place. Kyungsoo immediately wiped it off. He slowly looked at the place on Chanyeol's finger where he just touched and sure enough, a little bit of blood had seeped out from the tissue.
 
He then slowly turned his gaze towards Chanyeol, who was also watching him intently.
 
The both of them stared at each other, shocked in revelation.
 
Kyungsoo's eyes turned black for a moment before retreating back to his natural hazel colour.
 
"I-I'm going to get some towels." Chanyeol said hastily as he stood up and walked out of the office. Kyungsoo slowly stood up, inspecting his finger, and sure enough, the purplish burnt mark is still there, staining his white pale skin.
 
"What happened?" Baekhyun asked as he took a look at Kyungsoo's finger.
 
"Did the hot chocolate burnt you?"
 
No. It definitely can't be it. It cannot be. That species should have been extinct. 
 
Kyungsoo himself saw to it.
 
"Nothing's wrong Baek. Everything's fine."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
RING RING RING-
 
"Yes?" Jongin rolled his eyes as he picked up the receiver.
 
"J-jongin." 
 
"What is it Chanyeol? Did the love potion work-"
 
"There's something much worst than that." Fear laced Chanyeol's voice as he trembled.
 
"I'm listening." Jongin replied as calmly as possible.
 
 
 
 
"I believe that I have found the fox spirit."
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
A Cup of Sunshine
 
All plans set in motion, READY, GET SET, GO!
 
Plot twists plot twists everywhere! HUHUHU 
 
get ready for what is about to come next, those with a weak of heart, do take care.
 
Many many more plot twists ahead.
 
Forgive me for all the errors you may find here
 
I kind of had a rough week, and tons of writer's block ain't helping :/
 
Anyway, new readers do subscribe! And people, COMMENT PLEASE! I need to know where can I improve so as to provide you all with a better story/language etc >_<
 
I love you all~ hope that you guys liked this chapter too! as I personally quite like it >_<
 
Till next update~
 
PEACE OUT! <^w^>v