Side Chapter: The Fox and The Poisoned

Icebound
 
 
 
Years ago, there lived a cursed species.
 
The Poisoned Ones, also preferred to be known as an ubuthi.
 
Nobody knows where they came from, and their origin was a secret. They were discovered by a coven of witches. However, the coven of witches died shortly after using the ubuthi's blood in a blood sacrifice.
 
Wild rumors spread about how a single drop of blood from the ubuthi can cause a supernatural being to burn to death. And that was all true. Every other species on earth, even the Radiant Ones, feared them even though they were just mortals. The blood running through their veins were so toxic that it is incurable. It was said that their blood could vanquish even God himself.
 
They lived in secrecy, moving behind the shadows, surfacing every once in awhile to kill off rouge demons and other supernatural which harmed them. They were skilled and barbaric. They have never shown any mercy to any supernatural beings.
 
It was a curse to them, however. If one is gifted with such powers without any consequences, it would not have been a curse. Being an ubuthi, they cannot afford to love another that isn't an ubuthi. When they fall in love with a being from another species, the other species can never survive a love's claiming.
 
When the ubuthi makes love with their mates, they will have to defile the other by their blood. And often, only ubuthis survives the claiming. Any other species that goes through the claiming will die from severe internal bleeding as the ubuthi's blood slowly corrodes them from the inside out.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo's eyes raked the ground as he felt others watch him from outside his cage.
 
It was the year 1627, when Kyungsoo first reached the mortal plains.
 
As Kyungsoo fell from the sky, he was unlucky enough to fall into the village of the ubuthis. The ubuthis took him and claimed him as their prized possession. He is currently being locked in a cage inside the King's chamber, being watched on and lusted upon by the King and his henchmen.
 
"This is a true beauty!" The King groaned as he palms himself. Kyungsoo looked away in disgust, crouching back against the back of the cage, trying to put as much distance between him and the rest as possible.
 
The men sneered as they watched him being so terribly afraid. 
 
Right after they caught Kyungsoo, they did a series of experiment on him. Seeing that Kyungsoo is obviously a supernatural being, they dribbled their blood on him and watched as Kyungsoo's skin burned under their touch. Kyungsoo howled in pain but never once did he gave in to them.
 
"A stubborn one. But the more he resist, the more we love it." A man smirked. They were such sadist.
 
The King stood up and walked towards him. Kyungsoo tried to make himself as small as possible.
 
"I want him to pleasure me, yet I would be sad to see such beauty go to waste after I am done with him." The King's eyes filled with lust as he spoke.
 
The King took out a dagger and gave his palm a cut. Rich, red blood flowed from the gash and stained the surface of the blade. Kyungsoo's eyes widened in fear. He tried to conjure his magic to protect himself but he was far too weak. It has been days since he was caught, and he was weakened greatly by all the inhumane experiment which they did on him.
 
"You're scared aren't you?" The King smirked as he walked to the other side of the cage. Kyungsoo immediately scrambled away from him in the enclosed interior.
 
"Don't be." The King flung droplets of his blood at Kyungsoo. A few drops hit Kyungsoo's face. In contact with Kyungsoo's snow white skin, the blood droplets turned dark. Kyungsoo's face began burning like an acid burn as he screamed out in pain.
 
Kyungsoo kicked and clawed at the cage, begging for the men to let him out, but they didn't. Everywhere the blood touches, burns Kyungsoo as if he was a vampire in the sun. Kyungsoo cried and shrieked that the men were monsters, but all they ever did was to laugh at him.
 
Just as Kyungsoo blacks out, he swore that he will kill those men and each and everyone of their descendants. He will tear them limb from limb, until they were pieces of broken tissues, before he heals them up and rip them apart, again and again, until when they beg for death, then he will shred them into tiny pieces and feed them to dogs.
 
Kyungsoo swore to the Moon that he will get his vengeance.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Help." Kyungsoo groaned as he slowly came to.
 
"Somebody, anybody." Kyungsoo said weakly, hoping that the Goddess would hear him.
 
Kyungsoo looked out of his cage and out of the King's chambers and saw an almost full moon out there. The moon shone it's light onto Kyungsoo, comforting him in ways, charging him with power. But it was not enough. Sure it was enough for Kyungsoo to mend his broken skin, but it wasn't enough for Kyungsoo to break free from the evil men.
 
"Mother, save me. Please." Kyungsoo said, eyes b with tears, but the moon just continued shining it's beautiful rays on its pitiful child. Kyungsoo sniffles as he tried to make himself more comfortable in the dolorous cage.
 
"Save me, please. Somebody, anybody."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Wake up!"
 
Kyungsoo jumped in his sleep. He immediately went on guard as he looked around the room. 
 
The King was snoring lightly on the bed and no one else was in the room. Kyungsoo, feeling creeped out, wrapped his arms around his legs as he tries to sleep again.
 
"Don't sleep, wake up!"
 
Okay, now Kyungsoo is fully awake.
 
"Who-"
 
"Shhh!"
 
Kyungsoo fell silent immediately.
 
"I am communicating with you telepathically. Can you hear me? Nod your head if you could."
 
Kyungsoo nodded once warily.
 
"Good, because I am here to save you."
 
"But how-"
 
"Keep quiet. I just need you to trust me, do you understand? Nod if you do."
 
Nod nod.
 
"Good, here's what is going to happen."
 
Kyungsoo nodded again.
 
"When the King asks you for , agree with him."
 
"Wha-"
 
"Listen!" 
 
Kyungsoo grew silent again.
 
"When he does, he would let you out of the cage, and that is when I will channel you with power, and you escape as fast as you can, do you understand me?"
 
Nod.
 
"Good. I know that you want vengeance, but trust me, it's not worth it."
 
Kyungsoo contemplated, before nodding once more.
 
"Good, now go back to sleep, you're going to need all your energy."
 
And almost as if he was hypnotized, Kyungsoo fell asleep immediately.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Wake up." 
 
Kyungsoo groaned as he slowly stirred. He realized that the King's men were opening the door of his cage. It was night time, and Kyungsoo was shock at how long he was knocked out.
 
"The King is putting you up for a show."
 
With that, Kyungsoo was dragged out by the guards. Kyungsoo struggled in their hold, but he couldn't break free. 
 
"Help!" Kyungsoo sent out telepathically, but he wasn't sure if anyone could hear him as he had not been able to communicate with others this way before.
 
Just as Kyungsoo was about to give up, he heard a voice answering him.
 
"I am sorry, Kyungsoo. Seems like we have a change of plans."
 
Kyungsoo was in a daze for a moment when he was brought to the center of a campfire.
 
"Your majesty, the boy is here." The guards announced, and everyone's eyes was soon on him.
 
Kyungsoo could feel greed and lust slipping out of the ubuthis, male and females alike. And he couldn't help but felt disgusted by them.
 
"So this is him? Such beauty."
 
Kyungsoo averted his gaze. Then, the telepath started talking to him again.
 
"Here's what you're gonna do." The telepath said.
 
Although Kyungsoo looked as if he is listening to the crowd commenting about him and his physiques, all he had been was to follow each and every one of the telepath's instructions.
 
"You sure it will work?" Kyungsoo replied the telepath.
 
"It will, I will be here to channel you my powers to make you irresistible. And when they are enthralled, you run."
 
"And I trust you on that."
 
"Now, boy, why don't you dance for us?" The King of the ubuthis said, snapping Kyungsoo back to his current demise. Kyungsoo stood rooted for a moment, contemplating his next steps carefully.
 
"You've heard him, dance!" Others jeered. 
 
Kyungsoo reluctantly moved. He danced around the great bonfire in such ethereal grace that all others were enthralled by his performance. Kyungsoo could feel a light shimmer on his skin as he felt the telepath casting his spell, cloaking Kyungsoo in a glamour to make him irresistible. 
 
"Strip." The King said harshly.
 
One by one, Kyungsoo flicked away his clothing until he stood all in his glory. He danced closer to the men and began touching them lightly, teasing them, giving them enough to crave, but not enough to be full.
 
"That's it, seduce them, and you'll get out of there in no time." The telepath encouraged.
 
Just as Kyungsoo danced past the King, he felt a strong arm gripping onto him. He looked down and saw the King's large callous hand, before turning his gaze upwards to meet the King's. The King's eyes gleamed in a wicked glow. He darted his thick and ugly tongue along his chapped lips before saying harshly.
 
"To the chambers."
 
And that was when Kyungsoo felt all hopes of survival vanished.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo bit back his tears as he felt the King's lips move against his neck. He kept his body rigid, not wanting to give the King any sense of pleasure as he was being taken by the King. The King shuddered as he slowly moved his hands down Kyungsoo's body.
 
"Save me, please!" Kyungsoo cried out telepathically, but there was no reply.
 
He waited for the telepath to send him a message of assurance, of strength, but it never came.
 
"You have to help me! I will die if he ever manage to get through me!" Kyungsoo begged as warm tears slipped off his pale cheeks. The King leaned up and kissed Kyungsoo lightly on the lips. Kyungsoo can feel his warm, foul breath against his face.
 
"It will be over soon. However if you struggle, I may make you beg for release." The King sneered.
 
"Save me..." Kyungsoo whispered out as he stared up into the ceiling.
 
"Anybody, somebody, save me. Please..." Kyungsoo said, delirious.
 
The King smirked. "No one is going to save you."
 
The King leaned back down, a vile, ugly mark over Kyungsoo's untainted skin. It looks like a black hole in the middle of the Milky Way, a dark spot over a new canvas. Kyungsoo felt ugly and defiled. He could not believe that his life is going to be ended by pleasuring this horrible monster.
 
Just as the King's fingers reaches Kyungsoo's hole, a miracle happened.
 
Kyungsoo shuddered as he felt raw power surge through him. Kyungsoo's eyes flitted black, then it grew red. All Kyungsoo felt was power. Magic coursed through his veins. 
 
Kyungsoo smiled for the first time in days.
 
"Thank you." Kyungsoo whispered.
 
"You're welcome. I'm sorry that I took so long." He heard the telepath's says.
 
"It's okay." Kyungsoo murmured.
 
The King, perplexed by what seemed to be Kyungsoo's monologue, drew back and looked at Kyungsoo. That was when he saw magic roiling off Kyungsoo's skin. He also did not missed the raw power in Kyungsoo's eyes.
 
"Wha-"
 
Kyungsoo cocked his head as he watched the King's reaction in amusement. With a fling of his arm, the King flew backwards and struck the walls. The King was shocked, but he recovered quickly.
 
"Guards! Get him!" The King shouted. Kyungsoo jumped off the bed in a flurry movement.
 
The door burst opened and two men rushed in. Kyungsoo just had enough time to strap a cloak over himself. The guards slit their own palms and started throwing blood-stained daggers at him, but Kyungsoo threw up a ward to keep the daggers at bay.
 
"Go on, have your revenge." Kyungsoo heard a voice in his head says.
 
Out of the corner of his eyes, Kyungsoo saw the King charging at him with a sword. Instinctively, he dodged and threw up his left arm. An invisible force gathered around the King's throat as Kyungsoo flung him against the wall, keeping him there.
 
Five more guards came rushing into the room. Kyungsoo turned around and stared at them. As the guards yelled their battle cries, Kyungsoo's eyes flashed silver and the guards caught on fire, burning them to death, slowly, and agonizingly. Then, Kyungsoo turned towards the King in an excruciatingly slow manner.
 
The King struggled in Kyungsoo's magical hold as Kyungsoo bent down to pick up his fallen sword. 
 
"How does it feels like, when the predator becomes the prey?" Kyungsoo whispered before driving the sword through the King's heart. 
 
He stared deep into the King's eyes as he felt life slowly slip out of him. Kyungsoo let the sword clatter to the ground, then, he sidestepped a pool of blood and the charred remains of the guards as he made his way out.
 
As Kyungsoo reached the door, he saw that the moon is full. He took in a deep breath, channeling the moon, calling out to his spirit as he feels the feverish power raging through him.
 
Kyungsoo couldn't believe it. He was finally free.
 
Then, he sent terror down the village.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo stood at the edge of the river as he casted a huge force-field, encasing around the village of the ubuthis. Inside the magical bubble, all the ubuthis are sleeping soundly, not a single one of them realized the fate that was going to befall upon them.
 
"Pyrokinesis" Kyungsoo whispered as he set the first house on fire.
 
Kyungsoo watched calmly as the ubuthis ran out, screaming about the fire. He watched as they tried to get to the river, just a meter away outside the force field. Kyungsoo watched in delight as the men that bumps into the force field gets flung back into the village unconscious.
 
Kyungsoo looked the men in the eye coldly, before walking away to somewhere further from the village. No sympathy, no remorse. Kyungsoo felt nothing but hatred towards their kind. He has vowed to kill all men, women or child that has the poison blood running in their veins.
 
Then, Kyungsoo started the spell to end all of his tormentors.
 
"Dear Goddess, I call upon your powers binding to the four elements. Water, Earth, Fire, Air. Fill me up as one, casting a Spirit to help me get back what I was wronged for." Kyungsoo hummed. The earth cracked opened around him. Water flowed out, a single stalk of wood grew, flames crackled to life and the wind around him picked up speed.
 
"Send all your wrath down upon those who tortured your beloved. Send all evil and hatred you have to wipe them clean!" Kyungsoo's voice started growing louder and louder as he pictured darkness coming down from the Moon to flood the ubuthis.
 
Kyungsoo shot his head high up. "If you have not enough evil to send, I shall summon the dark spirits, arbiters of doom, from the depths of hell! Kill them! Wipe them clean! Cleanse the earth of these monsters!" Kyungsoo shouted.
 
Slowly, Kyungsoo began levitating. In his mind, he pictured a huge mass of darkness crawling out from the cracked ground. He can hear screams as the unleashed dark spirits from hell crawled over the dead bodies of the ubuthis beneath him. Kyungsoo's eyes blazed with magic as he summoned more and more evil within the force field, making them destroy everything in sight.
 
"Demons, crawl out from your confinement, feast on these monsters, kill them, rip them apart, tear them to shreds!" Kyungsoo shrieked as he imagined boneless beings crawling up from hell. 
 
In his mind, he saw a pack of demons greedily at the bone marrows of a live ubuthi as she screamed in pain. He imagined the hell being empty as he summoned all possible evil there is to inflict upon these pathetic excuse of a living thing.
 
Then, as soon as it came, the magic was gone. 
 
Kyungsoo fell from the sky as power abandoned him. His wrecked body hits the cold hard ground. His body felt feverish from the intense spell, and the earth is mending his broken soul, sewing him back at its seams.
 
He lay there as he watches the force field slowly dissipate. He could see the dark clouds getting back into the crack on the ground, signifying that the time for the demons on earth is up. His magic spent, and exhausted as he breathed in the smoke that was left tangling in the air. The village of ubuthis is no more than a mass of debris now.
 
Kyungsoo was admiring his own work of destruction as he heard footsteps. He tried to sit up, but he was far too weakened from the spell. He felt a pair of warm strong arms enveloped him as the person carried him up.
 
Kyungsoo looked up and he saw a handsome chiseled face.
 
"That was some really dark magic you've casted there." The man whistled, "but they deserved it."
 
"Who are you?" Kyungsoo whispered.
 
The man looked down back at him with such soft and tender eyes. Kindness emanated from the man and Kyungsoo craved it since it has been days since Kyungsoo last felt nothing but torture.
 
"My name is Kai, and I am the telepath, your savior."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Just as the sorcerer carries away the injured fox spirit, the pair had failed to notice some movements in the debris.
 
When the sorcerer fled the scene, rushing to heal the fox spirit, a pair of eyes opened.
 
The huge innocent eyes of a baby began to water as he wails. 
 
A pair of dirty arms soon picked up the baby, comforting him.
 
"It's okay Prince, we will rise again. Like a Phoenix, we will rise again." A woman cooed to the baby as she limps away, glad that she had managed to survive with the baby while hiding in a compartment under the baby Prince's room.
 
It is not the end of the ubuthis yet.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Year 2008
 
"Park Chanyeol, you better be home by 9PM tonight!"
 
Chanyeol rolled his eyes as he tied his shoelaces tight. "But mum, it's Friday night!"
 
"I don't care if it's Friday night or not, you better be home before dark you understand me?"
 
"Ugh fine!" Chanyeol grumbled. 
 
He was hoping to go to some club that night after school, so that he could hit off with some chicks and probably get laid. It was his eighteenth birthday after all, and all he could think of was just to get laid with some wild chick that has great stamina.
 
Chanyeol whistled as he skipped his way to school. 
 
Eighteen, Chanyeol smiled. Finally he is eighteen.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Yeol, it's your birthday! Don't tell me you can't make it." Baekhyun said.
 
Chanyeol sighed. "Look, Baek. I know that Uncle Minseok gives you freedom as long as you helped him work in his office and research on supernatural creatures. But my mom is different! If I break a curfew, she will definitely kill me!"
 
Baekhyun pouted. "But don't you want to get laid with some chicks?" 
 
"I do, I mean, but my mom-"
 
"Your mom will only nag at you, nothing more!" Baekhyun said cheerfully. 
 
Chanyeol pondered over it for a moment.
 
"Fine, I will go-"
 
"Yes!"
 
"But I will blame you if my mom scolds me."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Chanyeol was having the time of his life, standing in the club, grinding against some chicks on the dance floor. He is glad that the club has so many people and that he is sticking skin to skin against another hot chick.
 
Chanyeol felt his phone rang. With much difficulty, he took it out. A text from Baekhyun.
 
 
From: Bacon
To: Giant
Received at 10:34PM
Hey, I'm going home first. I regretted coming here. Some weird chick tried to hit me up with some drugs and I totally don't want it. And I wasn't sure if I want to lose my ity to a one night stand. So...enjoy your -a-chick expedition~ XOXO
 
 
Chanyeol rolled his eyes. He knew that something like that would happen. Holy -Mary Baekhyun would never touch someone unless he is married to that person.
 
Sighing that his best friend left him alone in the club, Chanyeol walked over to the bar for a drink.
 
"Can I have a Bloody Mary please?"
 
"Do you want it here or take away?" 
 
Chanyeol turned to his left and saw a beautiful girl, tilting her head ily as she spoke. Chanyeol suddenly felt breathless. The girl has smooth white skin, beautiful blue eyes and brunette hair. She is definitely not local.
 
"My name is Mary." The girl smiled.
 
Chanyeol smirked in understanding. "I would like a take away please."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Fifteen minutes later, Chanyeol found himself in an old love motel downtown. 
 
The girl pushed him in with such monstrous strength and held him against the wall.
 
"How handsome."
 
"And how y."
 
The girl leaned up and kissed Chanyeol, Chanyeol pulled her legs up as he carried her towards the direction of the bed. Chanyeol threw the girl down and crawled over her body. He ground his hard on against the girl's pelvis earning a gasp from her.
 
Chanyeol began rolling the girl's stockings down and he was amazed by the girl's pearly white skin. It was so white that as if she had never been under the sun. The girl flipped Chanyeol over down beneath her, then she began kissing Chanyeol's neck.
 
"You're such a fine young man." The girl whispered ily against his skin.
 
"I know." Chanyeol groaned as he buck his hips up.
 
"But I am sorry." The girl his neck.
 
Chanyeol, too hazy in the -lust didn't reply at all.
 
"I am so so hungry."
 
He felt a piercing sensation on his neck as the girl bit down hard, then a sensation, as if the girl is drinking his blood.
 
"Ouch!" Chanyeol screamed as he pushed the girl away. The girl looked different suddenly.
 
Her eyes were blood red, veins protruding ersely out from her skin. Her elongated fangs hanged there, burning and slightly broken, dripping with a black liquid, and there is a sizzling sound.
 
Then she began coughing out blood as she held onto her stomach.
 
"W-what is happening?!" The girl screamed. Bizarre at everything that is happening, Chanyeol stood rooted in fear, unable to move.
 
"W-what a-are you?" The girl gasped, before letting out a scream again.
 
Chanyeol could see her stomach slowly disintegrating as she coughed out more blood. She was dying in front of his eyes, melting away. Smoke formed as if she was burning on the inside.
 
Not wanting to watch on anymore, Chanyeol gathered his clothes up and fled.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Lights flooded the living room as Chanyeol got back into the safety of his house. He groaned out in frustration. He just had the hell of his night. It was his birthday, he watched a girl die in front of his eyes for no reason at all, and now he just wasn't ready to get nagged by his mother.
 
"Park Chanyeol! What have I said? I told you to be home by 9PM and yet you're-" Mrs Park stopped halfway as she inspected her son. There were bloodstains on Chanyeol's weirdly buttoned shirt. She walked up slowly to him before tilting Chanyeol's head sideways.
 
Chanyeol stood rooted in fear as his mother observes him. He heard her gasped as she saw a few droplets of black coloured blood on his neck, leading to two punctured marks on his skin.
 
"You've just had the worst night ever huh?" Mrs Park asked, but he said nothing.
 
"What happened?" Mr Park came into view from behind Mrs Park.
 
She turned around to face her husband.
 
"Vampires happened."
 
Mr Park frowned. "Vampires were in town?"
 
"I bet that they would stay away for awhile now." Mrs Park smirked as she began walking away, "even if they do come, I could still slice them with my trusty old sword any time. This ahjummah here works out." Mrs Park said.
 
Chanyeol stood there confused. "Dad, can someone explain what the hell is going on? What vampires? Who- I mean what- some girl bit me, then the next moment she is coughing out blood, and she was dying! You're sure she wasn't under drugs or something-"
 
"You talk too much." 
 
Chanyeol turned around and saw his sister.
 
"Yura..."
 
Yura smirked as she passed by her brother to stand beside her father.
 
"You should tell him, daddy. He's of age already." Yura said, and Mr Park nodded.
 
"Welcome to the family of supernaturals."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Present Year
 
Chanyeol stood in the middle of his family's underground secret training room. He took the elf's blade in his hand and gave his palm a little cut. He watches as his blood seeped into the blade. The blade drank from him hungrily, and he happily fed it.
 
The door opened and his sister stepped in.
 
"Training so earlier today?" Yura asked. Chanyeol just grunted in reply.
 
"What's with the sudden buffing up lately?" Yura gestured towards all the weights that Chanyeol took out in the room.
 
"I've got a job." Chanyeol said as he began feeding his other daggers. Yura shrugged as she pricked her finger with one of her arrows, before slinging it onto her wooden longbow.
 
"What are you hunting?" She said casually as she sent the arrow flying, hitting the target figure 100 yards away directly in the heart.
 
Chanyeol smirked as he turned around. In a flash, he flexed his well toned muscular arms and threw a dagger. The dagger flew at a high speed and cut straight in the middle on his sister's arrow, splitting the softwood of the arrow, then pass the hardwood, and all the way up to the elven metal arrowhead, hitting the target board also in the heart.
 
 
 
 
"My lover's boyfriend."
 
 
 
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
A Cup of Sunshine
 
PLOT PLOT PLOT AND MORE PLOT
 
huhuhu I hope that you liked this chapter. Actually, I've wrote half of this before I even wrote the last chapter.
 
It's kind of sadistic don't you think?
 
But anyway, I hoped that you've liked it and not find it too bloody for your liking. Initially I've wrote even more sadistic and bloodier thing, but I took it out as I've felt that this is kind of too much?
 
New readers, please do subscribe! All readers, do comment so that I could improve myself to provide you all with a better and enhanced reading pleasure ^^
 
Please forgive me for all the mistakes you may find in here T~T I haven't really got time to proofread it T~T
 
I love you all~
 
Till next update~
 
PEACE OUT! ^~^v