Pact

Icebound
 
 

pact  

 

[pakt]

 
 

an agreement, covenant, or compact

 

 

 

 
 
"Lies and deception!" Jongin shouted, "what do you mean by the Poisoned Ones? They were extinct centuries ago! I swear if you are here to screw around with me, I will end you! I did not sacrifice my best friend's life for nothing!" 
 
The candles in the room flared up with Jongin's outburst. Magic caused the dark shadows to dance around the room. But Kai seems unfazed. He gave a little smirk before he started chanting in a language that Jongin had not known of. Jongin frowned.
 
"What are you-"
 
Jongin felt a sudden clenching sensation in his abdomen. He gave a yell as he went down kneeling on the ground, clutching to his stomach as if in great pain. Then, his eyes began lolling back, and his nose started to bleed. His body began to contort and bend into weird shapes. Jongin swore that he could feel his bones breaking, and his head felt as if they were burning up.
 
"W-what are y-you doing?" Jongin gasped. Kai stopped chanting, and immediately all the excruciating pain went away.
 
Kai floated to the kneeling Jongin and towered over him.
 
"I have three hundred years on you, little boy. Show some respect." Kai said in a guttural voice, "you asked for my assistance, and I've simply told you the 'how' part."
 
Jongin shivered as he felt his broken ribs mending itself. That spell was really something.
 
"W-what was that spell?" Jongin asked, amazed as he slowly picked himself up. He was so intrigued by the magic that Kai wields and possesses. 
 
Kai smirked. "Eager aren't you? There are spells that I know, but was lost through the generations. I could teach them to you, if I deem you worthy." Kai said.
 
"I've watched from the other side, generations and generations of sorcerers screwing things up again and again. You have no idea how long I have been waiting for this day to come." Kai raised both his arms and immediately the candle flames shot up.
 
"It's time to set things right." Kai says.
 
Jongin looked up at admiration. After all, Kai was the greatest sorcerer in the Kim family. 
 
Jongin bowed down to Kai. "Tell me what I have to do." Kai looked down at Jongin.
 
Kai began floating to the map on the altar. Then, he picked out a jar of black tar salt obtained from the Dead Sea. 
 
"First, we have to find something." Kai says. 
 
Jongin looked up. "What are you finding?" 
 
Kai sighed.
 
"My talisman."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Okay, new room mate ground rules. Baekhyun, no leaving of Kyungsoo's side, EVER."
 
Both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo looked at Luhan who is dramatically waving his arms in the air.
 
"Yes, we know already. Geez, how many times must you repeat?" Baekhyun rolled his eyes.
 
Luhan's eyes sparked. "This is life and death!"
 
"Calm down Lu, I'll be fine!" Kyungsoo laughed.
 
Luhan sighed. "Fine." Luhan turned to Baekhyun, "I'll be leaving him in your arms, I expect you to take good care of him, you heard me? Or I will kill you myself." Luhan created a fireball in his palm to proof his point.
 
Baekhyun rolled his eyes again. "Please, I know, I understand, you are so naggy gosh."
 
"Me naggy?! I was just-"
 
"Luhan." Kyungsoo said in an authoritative tone, and immediately Luhan calmed down.
 
"Sehun, please Luhan out, thank you." Baekhyun smiled sweetly. Then, Sehun walked up to Luhan.
 
"Come on." Sehun said as he shyly tugged on Luhan's sleeve. Luhan just jerked his arm away.
 
"I can go by myself thank you very much."
 
With much of a flare, Luhan stomped out of the room.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Your talisman?" Jongin asked. 
 
Kai started pouring a generous amount of black tar salt onto the map. "Yes, my talisman. It is what you sorcerers calls the 'arcane' or the 'sacred tool' or whatever nowadays. I need to channel my talisman in order to cast a tracking spell to track down the Poisoned One. After all these years of hiding, an incredible amount of magic is needed in order to track them down." Kai answered.
 
Jongin nodded. Every sorcerer has their own magical tool called an arcane, and Jongin's is his very own athame. "Where could it be?" Jongin asked. Kai just rolled his eyes. The boy may have his looks, but he certainly doesn't have his brains. 
 
"Look, genius. I have been dead and stuck in hell for three centuries. How the hell would I know where it is?! The last time I've had it, I was at Salem Massachusetts where I was burned on a stake to death. It was on me when I died, and I was buried along with it. But the problem is, grave robbery was famous at that time as poverty and slavery still existed back in those days. Thus it could have easily been to everywhere. You can't expect that it would be still in my unmarked grave after so many years could you?" Kai said to much irritation. Jongin nodded again and walked behind Kai.
 
"Then what are you doing now?" Jongin asked. Kai had enough.
 
"I am casting a locator spell, so if you would please kindly," Kai snapped his fingers, "zip your mouth shut so that I can concentrate?" Jongin mouth magically sealed shut. He tried talking but he couldn't. Kai smirked.
 
"Thank you." Kai said before turning to the map.
 
Kai picked out a golden chain with an amethyst jewel attached to it from the altar and began circling the map in widdershins. He mumbled an ancient spell under his breath.
 
"Phasmatos spiritma quaero quid me"
 
Kai chanted the spell over and over again as he close his eyes. Jongin watched on with fascination. The black tar salt began moving slowly on the map. Kai hummed and chanted louder as the amethyst of the chain began glowing. The candles in the room burned an eerie light. Winds picked up speed as magic thickens. 
 
"Phasmatos spiritma quaero quid me"
 
His voice, faerie-like and growing in a crescendo. Then, the black tar salt all gathered at a spot on the map, forming a small three petaled flower with an enclosed circle making the symbol look like an eye. The winds died down and the flames of the candles calmed down. Kai took in a deep breath and slowly opened his eyes.
 
He took a look on the spot of the map in a puzzled expression. 
 
"Where is that?" Kai asked Jongin.
 
"Mmmhmm mhhm mhhhm."
 
Kai rolled his eyes before drawing an intricate pattern in the air to remove the spell he previously casted on Jongin.
 
"National Museum." Jongin gasped. Kai cracked his fingers.
 
"You will have to go fetch it for me then." Kai said.
 
Jongin scratched his head. "W-why? Can't you go get it yourself?"
 
Kai rolled his eyes again. "Oh god you sure is dumb aren't you?" Jongin said nothing but waited for Kai to explain.
 
"I am a manifestation of your blood sacrifice. Meaning I can't leave this room because you performed the sacrifice in this room. You've trapped me here. Don't you have lessons on sacrificial magic? Or has that tradition been lost as well?" Kai asked. 
 
Jongin smiled sheepishly. "I wasn't taught this type of magic. I just found them in a really really old grimoire and learned it from there. I am willing to learn more if you would teach them to me!" He says.
 
Kai pinched his nose bridge. His descendants are really incompetent.
 
"Fine. I can't leave this room without possessing another entity, okay? I need someone alive, but weak, and I can't possibly go around in the body of a cat or a dog, and I can't possibly share a body with a strong and healthy person who can easily suppress my conscious. So please, go get my talisman for me now." Kai said. But Jongin looks unsure, because breaking into the National Museum? It's felony!
 
Seeing the hesitant look on Jongin's face, Kai feels really annoyed. How could his descendant, a Kim sorcerer, be such a coward?! "Look, if you want to end the fox's life soon, you better be quick.The longer he is free from the ice, the more powerful he will get. He will come after you and your brother. So tick tock." Kai raised his voice a little. Jongin jumped a little.
 
"F-fine! I get it okay! Geez you're so fierce. Just tell me how it looks like and I'll go." Jongin raised both his hands as if surrendering.
 
Kai smirked.
 
"Oh don't worry, you'll feel the talisman's power when you reach the place."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"So, all these magical things. They are real?" Baekhyun asked.
 
Kyungsoo shifted his head, pressing his cheeks against Baekhyun's chest as they lay on the bed, taking a break from everything after all the ordeals they went through in the past 24hours. Baekhyun had cancelled his lecture at the university so as to stay by Kyungsoo's side to keep him protected.
 
"They are real." Kyungsoo whispered.
 
Baekhyun shook his head and gave a light chuckle. "All this while, researching, digging into folklores and stuff. And I didn't even realize that I was living with one." Baekhyun said softly.
 
"Amazing isn't it?" Kyungsoo rubbed his cheeks against Baekhyun's chest. The warmth, comforting and soothing. Sense of security, it was all just what he needed.
 
"Yeah..." Baekhyun breathed out. "So can you shed some light of your mystical world to me?"
 
Kyungsoo sat up slowly. "What do you want to know?"
 
"Are there witches?"
 
"Yeap, but they are normal female sorcerers or warlocks, not some old hag stirring a cauldron full of vile things like in Macbeth."
 
"Werewolves?"
 
"Yeap, but not like those in 'Twilight' where they can turn whenever they want to. They are a cursed species that are bound to the moon, only turning during a full moon when the moon reaches it's apex. Turning is an excruciatingly painful process for them."
 
"Vampires?"
 
"Yeah, but they are actually a dangerous species, not like those you see in teenage bopper dramas. They feed on human's blood as a source of life force, preying on the weak of mind."
 
"Sirens? Mermaids?"
 
"Yes, but the Sirens were hunted to extinction during the 1100s by the Vikings. And the mermaids were forced into hiding in the early 1300s, and now they merely exists as fairytales or live in deep oceans where no humans can find them."
 
"Ouch."
 
"Yeah... The supernatural world isn't pretty."
 
Baekhyun used his right hand and softly caressed Kyungsoo's cheeks, gently, Kyungsoo leaned against Baekhyun's palm, feeling the plump flesh against his smooth skin.
 
"But here, we have you." Baekhyun whispered. 
 
"I was created by the moon to be the most beautiful thing in this ugly world. All men lusts after me." Kyungsoo said softly.
 
Baekhyun leaned forward a little. "What are you exactly?" 
 
"I rather show you." Kyungsoo whispered against Baekhyun's lips.
 
Then, a flash of white light shone from Kyungsoo, blinding Baekhyun momentarily. And when the light fades away, there stands Kyungsoo in his spirit form. 
 
Kyungsoo's ebony dark hair accentuated his nine, white, glorious tails which were spread out behind him in a perfectionistic way. His legs, slim and white, floating a little off the floor. Long slim claws replaced his human hands, but it was nonetheless beautiful.
 
Baekhyun took in a sharp breath as he sees Kyungsoo standing in front of him. Kyungsoo is perfect. He could be easily said as the most perfect being ever to grace the earth.
 
"You're...beautiful." Baekhyun said as he stood up from the bed and took a step towards Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo blushed.
 
"No one had ever said that to me when I was in my spirit form before." Kyungsoo says as he looks away from Baekhyun.
 
Baekhyun used a finger to light trace the side of Kyungsoo's jaw, before tilting his head so that their eyes meets. "And I wonder why." Baekhyun breathes out.
 
"Whenever people saw me like this, it would be on the battlefield. Everyone that knew me only thinks of me as a monster." Kyungsoo said sadly, while holding Baekhyun's gaze as if daring him for a reply.
 
Baekhyun neared his face towards Kyungsoo's. 
 
"I do not think of you as a monster." Baekhyun whispered, his breath ghosting against Kyungsoo's face.
 
"That is because you have not seen me do terrible things." Kyungsoo whispered back.
 
Baekhyun lifted Kyungsoo up and threw him down on his bed.
 
"And I would like to see how terrible you can be."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"What exactly is it that we are finding?"Junmyeon said as he casts a torpidity charm nonchalantly towards the security guard that was charging towards them, causing him to slump down in a coma state. Meanwhile, Jongin casted a spell to modify the memories of the security cameras around the museum, so that they would appear as invisible to the cameras.
 
Jongin frowned. "I have no idea. But it must be in here somewhere."
 
"You are trying to find something that you have no idea of what it looks like? And that is the answer to putting down the fox spirit? Damn, the blood sacrifice sure went great." Junmyeon scoffed.
 
"Well genius. It's not like you would understand." Jongin cut him off.
 
The pair had broken into the National Museum. Jongin did not mention the resurrection of Kai, because Kai told him not to. So Junmyeon just agreed to whatever plans that Jongin had came out with.
 
"Come on, we can cast a locator spell here to help us. Just tell me what it is." Junmyeon said. 
 
Jongin looked at his brother skeptically before sighing.
 
"Fine, we are trying to find an ancient arcane that holds great power here." Jongin said. Junmyeon raised his brows but said nothing. Instead, he took out a handful of sea salt from his pouch and sprinkled a small salt circle around him.
 
"Since it holds great power, this should be easy to find. Stand guard, and please feel free to knock out any security guards you see." Junmyeon said. Jongin rolled his eyes.
 
Junmyeon pluck off his necklace, which is his arcane, from his neck and began chanting with his arcane in his left hand. He closed his eyes and breathed slowly, willing for the power of the talisman within the compound to show them the way to it.
 
"Phasmatos spiritus maxima omnium, ostende nobis in potestate, via nobis
 
Junmyeon chanted and chanted while Jongin waited, tapping his foot. After about five minutes, Jongin began to grew impatient as there seems to be no reaction from the spell which Junmyeon is casting.
 
"Phasmatos spiritus maxima omnium, ostende nobis in potestate, via nobis
 
"Is it done yet-"
 
"It is here!" Junmyeon cried out suddenly.
 
Jongin watched as Junmyeon's necklace slowly pulled Junmyeon along with it. The salt on the floor began shifting towards the same direction as that of the necklace.
 
"This way!"
 
The pair ran along with the salt and the pulling force of the necklace. The locator spell led the pair up a flight of stairs, then it took a sharp turn around a corner, before descending a flight of ancient spiral staircase. It wasn't long before they came to a stop in front of a glass case in the restricted zone.
 
In the glass casing, there lies a ring with the shape of a triangle with an eye in it. The symbol of darkness and manipulation. The symbol of the Kim's sorcerers. Junmyeon's eyes widened as he took a step towards the ring.
 
"How-" 
 
Jongin had beat Junmyeon to it. Whispering a charm, the glass case opened, and Jongin reached his hand in to retrieve the talisman.
 
"The Kim's ring that was lost throughout the generations." Junmyeon whispered, amazed.
 
Jongin smirked. "Surprise surprise-"
 
Jongin was cut off with a sudden loud alarm, blaring in their ears.
 
"INTRUDERS ALERT! INTRUDERS ALERT! COMMAND LOCK DOWN IMMEDIATELY!"
 
Junmyeon shot a slanted look towards Jongin, who raised both his arms in surrender.
 
"Damn it Jongin! I remembered telling you to cast a spell to keep all the securities measures at bay!" Junmyeon scolded.
 
"Oops~ sorry! I forgot about it." Jongin smiled sheepishly.
 
"Hold my hands!" Jongin said, and the pair immediately linked arms. "I've always wanted to try this spell!" Jongin squealed excitedly while Junmyeon rolled his eyes again.
 
"Me autem tempore per spatium"
 
In a blink of an eye, emptiness took the place where both the sorcerers once stood, and a sensation pulled the two of them out from the museum.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"If all these had never happened, what would you want to be?" Baekhyun asked as he Kyungsoo's hair. Kyungsoo used a finger to draw circles on Baekhyun's chest. 
 
"I don't know, honestly." Kyungsoo said softly. "What about you?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"I've always wanted to open an orphanage for the unfortunate kids. I mean, I want to provide a shelter for them. I know how it feels like to be abandoned." Baekhyun said before planting a kiss on Kyungsoo's forehead. 
 
Kyungsoo looked up at Baekhyun. "I am here now. I will not abandon you." Kyungsoo pecked Baekhyun's chest sending delicious tingles through his spine. The pair had their legs tangled together under the messy sheets. They lay sprawled and contented. 
 
"Maybe we could open an orphanage together." Baekhyun suggested.
 
"Yeah, we could do that." Kyungsoo smiled. 
 
Baekhyun shifted a little and Kyungsoo winced. Baekhyun smirked.
 
"Sore?" Baekhyun asked. And Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.
 
"Well, it isn't your that was pounded with. So don't give me that look." Kyungsoo said.
 
Baekhyun hugged Kyungsoo tightly. "And you love it."
 
"Whatever." Kyungsoo hit Baekhyun playfully.
 
The two of them laid in silence, hearing each other's breathing. It was all enough for them at that moment.
 
"We should have kids. I love kids." Baekhyun said.
 
Kyungsoo chuckled as he poked Baekhyun's ribs. "e."
 
"You're more than a thousand years old, and you're calling me a e?" Baekhyun jokes. And Kyungsoo hits Baekhyun again.
 
"Shut up!" Kyungsoo laughed, before leaning up to kiss Baekhyun. When they parted, Baekhyun grinned.
 
"I love you, my thousand year old vixen." Baekhyun rubbed his nose to Kyungsoo's.
 
Kyungsoo blushes.
 
"I love you too, my twenty-four year old human."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"It is time." Kai said as he slipped his talisman onto his finger. Jongin walked up to Kai and watched with fascination.
 
"What will that thing do?" Jongin asked. Kai looks insulted.
 
"It is my talisman, of course it is going to fuel me with power." Kai said, "but first," he took out a needle and pricked a finger. Holding the finger that he pricked over his ring, he squeezed out a single drop of blood onto the middle of the eye of the ring. 
 
"I have to feed it. Oh my dear facinum, it's been long." Kai cooed. 
 
As the drop of blood touched the ring, a sizzling sound his heard. The ring emitted a glow of dark red colour; the colour of blood, before a purple black aura started oozing out of it like polluted ink.
 
"Yes, yes! Give me more power! Channel me with the darkness!" Kai exclaimed. His veins started protruding from his skin as power flowed through him. 
 
Kai raised his right arm at Jongin and caused Jongin to be flung towards the wall. A magical force held Jongin suspended in the air as he flailed around, trying to escape the mystical and unseen snare.
 
"M-master K-kai! W-what are you doing?!" Jongin said, his eyes widened.
 
Kai smirked. "Relax young one, I am trying to give you the directions to the Poisoned Ones." 
 
Kai's eyes lolled back as he began chanting in olden Hebrew. The magic in the room darkened. The spell is dark, darker than anything else which Jongin has seen before. Jongin felt a ball forming in his pits. He struggled and screamed as the pressure built up within him. He begged Kai for mercy but Kai was too into his spell to even notice anything.
 
"And now! Go! Seek! From the depths of hell!" Kai shouted. 
 
A burst of energy erupted from both Kai and Jongin as Jongin slumped to the floor by the sudden lift of the spell that kept him in place.
 
The spell is now done, and Jongin felt something clicked in him.
 
Jongin looked up at Kai.
 
"It worked!" Jongin said. "I saw exactly where he is!"
 
Kai's eyes gleamed. "Of course it worked." 
 
Jongin scrambled to his feet.
 
"Go get him." Kai whispered. 
 
Jongin fled the room. But the moment he stepped out, he bumped into Junmyeon.
 
"What was that spell you casted? I have never felt something so dark before." Junmyeon said, trying to stop Jongin. 
 
Jongin used his magic to cast Junmyeon aside.
 
"No time to explain. We'll talk later." And with a snap of his fingers, Jongin vanished into thin air. Junmyeon frowned.
 
Slowly, Junmyeon got up and walked into the altar room to take a look.
 
It was empty.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A man was making a cup of coffee as he worked on his thesis. He stirred the liquid in the cup as his brows furrowed. There was so much to be done, with his boss on leave and his colleague is having his off day, the man was working alone.
 
He was just heading towards the sink to place his cup when he heard someone knocking on the office door. He frowned. It was late at night already, there should be no more customers.
 
Hesitantly, he opened the door, and leaning against the side of the door casually is another man. The man looks tan and he has unkempt hair.
 
"May I help you?" The man asked. The other man smirked as he took a step towards the other.
 
"My name is Jongin, and aren't you going to invite me in?" 
 
 
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
A Cup of Sunshine
 
HEY GUYS! I'M BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!! ITS BEEN LONG AND I MISSED YOU D:
 
I am having my term break right now, and this means /drum rolls/ UPDATES!
 
I'm gonna try to update as many times as possible within this term break huhuhuhu
 
Did you guys miss me? ;) I missed you D:
 
I kinda lost touch with my writing, so please do cut me some slack and forgive me for any mistakes you may find in there D:
 
So...huhuhuhuhu cliffhanger~ as always ;) so to find out more, tune in to next chapter!
 
New readers, don't forget to subscribe~ and if you like the progress of this story or whatnot, please do press the upvote button by all means ^^
 
Please do comment so that I know where I can improve on! HUHUHUHU
 
I MISS YOU GUYS :D
 
Till next update~ /whispers/ very soon.
 
PEACE OUT! ^~^¥
 
P.S.: I've wrote a oneshot where by Kyungsoo sprained his leg during MAMA and Baekhyun being an anxious boyfriend on my livejournal, "Stupid Boy" do read it if you want to! ^^ all you have to do, is click on the hyperlink!