Allies

Icebound
 
 

al·lies  

 

[al-ahyz, uh-lahyz]

 

to associate or connect by some mutual relationship, as resemblance or friendship.

 
 
 
"You can feel it can't you?"
 
Kyungsoo heard a voice that is haunting him.
 
"The energy. The power."
 
Kyungsoo looked around, but he's alone.
 
"The darkness."
 
A voice said from behind him. He turned, but there is no one there.
 
"You killed them all to feed my power, and that is your downfall."
 
Kai suddenly appeared in front of Kyungsoo, causing Kyungsoo to stumble back.
 
"What do you want?" Kyungsoo managed to speak back. 
 
The ghostly figure of Kai took a step towards him.
 
"I want to kill you." 
 
Kai's palms flashed a blue and a white cat jumped out. Ice momentarily closed in on Kyungsoo. In matters of seconds, Kyungsoo was trapped in the ice once more. But he didn't feel cold. Not at all. 
 
Just trapped.
 
"Let me out!" Kyungsoo screamed, only to see Kai's smirking figure before him. Kyungsoo pounded on the ice.
 
Then, the scene melted away to the scene of an old woman with her eleven followers. The lady took out her athame and plunged the sharp sacrificial knife into her heart.
 
"For one whence the curse shall break,
The heart of one must be given,
A heart for a heart, beating for each other,
Free at last he shall be,
But danger comes soon after,
Sacrifices would be made out of love,
For one shall live while the other in death,
None can survive while the other do..."
 
That's the last thing Kyungsoo heard before he out again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo jolted up from the bed as he woke up from his sleep. He had the visions again, of the spell and the prophecy on how the curse could be broken. His head hurts on many levels and he felt nauseous for some reason. 
 
He looked around the room, and found that he was in a white, four poster bed.
 
He looked around the unfamiliar surroundings.
 
"Where am I?" Kyungsoo breathed out. The last thing he remembers is passing out in the dark alley right before the spell pounced on him. He let his gaze wander around the room.
 
The room is simple. It has white painted ceiling, white painted walls, and all the furnitures are white. The sunlight filtered through the white curtains into the room. It has a peaceful setting and a tinge of holiness and chastity to it. Kyungsoo walked towards the white table, and saw a photo of a small eyed person, with two people taller than him, dressed in formal. Kyungsoo likes the room as white is his colour. 
 
"Ahhhhhh!" Kyungsoo screamed as a wave of headache and nausea hit him again. He dropped the photo frame back to the table, before falling to the ground.
 
"What the hell." Kyungsoo whimpered. He slowly stood up and stabled himself. He took a couple of deep ragged breaths and made his way out of the room.
 
Kyungsoo had to hold onto the walls to keep himself from falling. For some reasons, he felt that he was dying. Waves of headache hit him over and over again as if he is suffering from aneurism. 
 
He managed to make his way down the steps to the living room in one piece. 
 
Kyungsoo heard the sound of someone snoring lightly at the couch. Ignoring the pain, he made his way towards the couch. 
 
On the couch, he saw the man with the small eyes, sleeping lightly while twitching his nose like a puppy. 
 
Kyungsoo chuckled. Cute.
 
"Wait- what? How-" Kyungsoo's strand of thoughts flew out of his mind again when pain assaulted him.
 
"ARGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!" Kyungsoo shouted as he fell to the floor once more. The pain felt as if someone stuck hundreds of spikes into his brain, and the air is thinning as he felt his oxygen supply being cut off. He heard that the man is now awake as the man jumped up from the couch and rushed towards him.
 
"Are you okay? Oh my gosh. You are finally awake. What's wrong? Can you hear me?" The man asked. Kyungsoo looked up at him in pain. Then, a thought came to him.
 
"I wasn't invited in." Kyungsoo said softly. He immediately stood up and dashed towards the door.
 
"Wait!" Kyungsoo heard the man shouted after him, before the hurried footsteps of the man running after him.
 
Kyungsoo slammed open the door and made it out of the house. As soon as he reached the outside, he felt like he could breathe again. The air never smelled fresher. The waves of nausea and headache were also gone. 
 
Kyungsoo sighed in relief, then he turned around and look at the man once more. The man was dressed in a plain white t-shirt and a pair of grey sweat pants. He is leaning against the doorframe casually as he eyed Kyungsoo with an amused expression. 
 
"What is wrong with you?" The man asked. Kyungsoo just looked at him blankly, before he realizes that he is staring too much. Kyungsoo blushed.
 
"Wait a minute. I don't blush!" Kyungsoo scolded himself mentally, before turning back to the man.
 
"Who are you? What do you want? Why was I in your house when I wasn't invited in?" Kyungsoo asked monotonously. The man chuckled.
 
"Woah woah woah, Mr Mysterious-Who-What-Why-Question-Asking guy. Okay. First of all, it is me who should ask who are you. And secondly, I wanted nothing from you, you're the one that asked me to hug you because you felt cold before you passed out on me. And lastly, you fell asleep on me. I couldn't exactly leave you on the streets can I?" The man argued back. Kyungsoo tilted his head. Did he really....
 
"Oh." Kyungsoo managed. 
 
"Oh indeed." The man smirked. Kyungsoo blushed. 
 
Kyungsoo stood there and toyed with the hem of his tattered dress shirt that he had been wearing since he was released. While the other guy just stood there and watched him. Kyungsoo looked up at the guy.
 
"Can I...come in?" Kyungsoo asked. 
 
"Why? You're the one that ran out in the first place." The guy smirked. 
 
"Well...I-"
 
"Alright, you can come in. Please, come in, it looks cold outside." The man said. Kyungsoo bowed as he took a hesitant step into the house. Feeling that it's alright, he began to walk in.
 
"I will make breakfast. You can just sit on the couch first." The man said. Kyungsoo made his way to the couch. Unlike the white interior of the room upstairs, the living room's walls were painted mellow yellow. The ceilings were black, and the furnitures were in an assorted arrays colour, giving it a busy, yet lively look. Soon, the breakfast is ready.
 
Kyungsoo walked in slow, hesitant steps, dragging his feet slowly towards the kitchen. The kitchen were furnished in a simple black and white context. 
 
The man sat on the ebony black wooden table, with two plates with food piling off it, and a glass of orange juice and milk respectively.
 
"Come, sit and eat." The man flashed him a beautiful smile. Kyungsoo couldn't help but smiled back.
 
BADUMP
 
Wait. What just happened.
 
BADUMP BADUMP
 
Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he felt it again. The man looked at him.
 
"What is it?" The man asked.
 
"N-nothing." Kyungsoo said. He was sure that he felt his heart beating. But it stilled again. Maybe it was just his imagination. 
 
Kyungsoo sat down and started eating. He gave a disapproving look as he felt that the bacon were overcooked. The man gave a light chuckle.
 
"I'm sorry, I wasn't much of a good cook." The man said. Kyungsoo just nodded, as he was grateful that he had something to eat. 
 
"What's your name?" The man asked. Kyungsoo stopped eating and looked up at the man.
 
"D-Do Kyungsoo, sir." Kyungsoo replied.
 
"My name is Byun Baekhyun." Baekhyun smiled. Kyungsoo just nodded.
 
The rest of the breakfast went by awkwardly. 
 
"May I ask, what date is it today?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"It is 21st October 2013" Baekhyun replied while downing his glass of orange juice.
 
Kyungsoo nodded. It's been three hundred and seventy-one year, he noticed. So many things have changed. 
 
"How old are you?" Baekhyun asked as he pushed away his empty plate. Kyungsoo blanked out. He couldn't exactly tell him that he is one thousand three hundred and seventy-five years old.
 
"You look like you are only eighteen." Baekhyun commented. Kyungsoo blushed.
 
"I-I am twenty-two this year, sir." Kyungsoo lied. 
 
"What?! You are only a year younger than me?!" Baekhyun exclaimed. Kyungsoo smiled sheepishly. Wait. Did he just smiled again? Kyungsoo frowned. The curse is clearly not broken yet, but why is he getting these waves of emotions again?
 
"What do you work as?" Baekhyun asked again.
 
"I...erm..."
 
"You're unemployed?"
 
"What?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"You do not have a job?" Baekhyun asked. Kyungsoo nodded.
 
"What about you?" Kyungsoo asked back. 
 
"I am a paranormal investigator, and I do part time lectures in various universities on folklore." Baekhyun smiled. 
 
"Wow...paranormal investigator...?" Kyungsoo asked slowly. Baekhyun nodded.
 
"Yeap. We are a team that does research on things regarding on supernaturals. From witchcraft, to the Big Foot." Baekhyun shrugged.
 
"Oh." Kyungsoo said.
 
"Do you have any family?" Baekhyun asked casually.
 
"No. I lost them a long time ago." Kyungsoo looked down. 
 
What Baekhyun did next surprised him.
 
He totally had not expected it.
 
Baekhyun stood up from his seat and gave Kyungsoo a big deep hug. He hugged him so tightly that Kyungsoo felt like he couldn't breathe for a moment.
 
"I feel you. Me too." Baekhyun murmured. 
 
"You can stay here with me if you have nowhere to go. I have plenty of rooms in this house, you can choose any room you like." Baekhyun pulled back and looked at a shocked Kyungsoo.
 
"Besides, you have no job, you can work as my maid, or butler, or whatever, since I need someone to take care of, and clean the house." Baekhyun smiled, causing Kyungsoo to blush again.
 
"Thank you." Kyungsoo said.
 
Once again that morning, Kyungsoo felt a little flutter in his heart.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's been two weeks since Kyungsoo lived with Baekhyun.
 
Kyungsoo had protested at first, as he was afraid that Baekhyun would harm him. Kyungsoo even had the urge to dig out his heart initially. However, Baekhyun's kindness seems to have rubbed off him. Kyungsoo had tried seducing the other like he did to Kris, but it had no effect on Baekhyun at all. Baekhyun would just blush and walk away. 
 
Soon, Kyungsoo found that Baekhyun is harmless, and decided to stay.
 
Another reason that he stayed, is that his heart is slowly starting to beat again.
 
Kyungsoo has no idea why, but somehow, his heart is starting to beat again.
 
He is now sitting at the edge of the white pristine bathtub in Baekhyun's bathroom, . He stared at himself in the mirror. His skin, white and tender. His hair, wet, clung onto his face as if the were clumps of seaweed. 
 
Kyungsoo lifted his palm and put it on his chest.
 
Badump Badump Badump
 
His heart is beating steadily, as if the curse is broken. 
 
"Why-"
 
"Kyungsoo, are you done?" Baekhyun called out from outside the toilet. Kyungsoo jumped.
 
"Just a minute-"
 
"I need to get something from the toilet, I'm coming in now~" 
 
"Wait! I'm still-"
 
The bathroom door opened.
 
"Indecent..." Kyungsoo trailed off as Baekhyun stood there and looked at him. Baekhyun felt his jaws dropped because...damn.... Baekhyun allowed his eyes to brush pass Kyungsoo's milky thighs for a moment before he snapped out of it.
 
"EHHHHH I'M SORRY!" Baekhyun slammed the door shut as he ran out of the room, blushing heavily. Kyungsoo chuckled. To be honest, Baekhyun is the first man ever that never lusted for him at first sight. He is a fox spirit after all, and they are the epitome of beauty. No one can ever resist them. Or at least that is what Kyungsoo thought, until he met Baekhyun.
 
Baekhyun has this air of child-like innocence, wrapped around him like a warm blanket. He seems to blush at everything Kyungsoo does. Kyungsoo had even tested him.
 
He hurriedly pulled on the clothes that Baekhyun has been lending him for the past two weeks, and walked out of the bathroom. Outside the toilet, Baekhyun could not be found. Kyungsoo used his supernatural hearing abilities, and found that Baekhyun is currently in the kitchen. Chuckling lightly, Kyungsoo stalked to the kitchen.
 
In the kitchen, Kyungsoo saw that Baekhyun has stuck his head in the freezer, while smashing the refrigerator's door at his head. He laughed lightly. 
 
Oh, and yes. Kyungsoo's emotions are returning to him slowly as well. He began feeling things again. Sometimes he would smile at the lame jokes that Baekhyun told him, sometimes he would frown when Baekhyun teases him. 
 
Kyungsoo held onto the refrigerator's door before Baekhyun could smash his head with it again.
 
"Hey, stop with the self harm." Kyungsoo said. Baekhyun looked up at him, his face still red.
 
"K-kyungsoo! When did you come in?" Baekhyun stuttered.
 
"Just. And didn't you need something in the toilet?" Kyungsoo asked. Baekhyun nodded and ran out of the kitchen, to upstairs, to his room, and into his bathroom. Kyungsoo just stood there, smiling. How could a twenty-three year old man act like a sixteen year old ?
 
About ten minutes later, a calm Baekhyun walked down the stairs. He is dressed in a casual striped polo t-shirt and a pair of denim jeans. 
 
"Here, change into these!" Baekhyun smiled as he passed Kyungsoo a pair of white pants and a plain white t-shirt. Kyungsoo frowned.
 
"Why?" Kyungsoo asked. 
 
"Well~ since it's Sunday today, I figured that there is no harm to go for a little shopping. You need clothes, and mine are too big for you." Baekhyun smiled. 
 
"No. I can't go out." Kyungsoo shook his head. He could not risk being outside, especially when the spell is still hunting him.
 
"Yes you can, and you will." Baekhyun crosses his arms.
 
"But it's cold, I wanna stay here where it's warm-"
 
"I have a Down jacket, you can wear them."
 
"But it will still be cold-"
 
"I have some cashmere sweater, you can wear them too."
 
"But-"
 
"Do Kyungsoo. No more buts. We are going shopping!" Baekhyun declared like a diva. Kyungsoo sighed exasperatedly. He looked outside the window to check for signs of the spell. There are no signs of snow or whatsoever. 
 
"Fine. But it'll be a quick one."
 
"Yippie! Go get changed and we'll be out in five!" Baekhyun cheered.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When Baekhyun had said "shopping", Kyungsoo had not expected Baekhyun to pull him into every single store, to try every single clothes, and ending up buying every single one of them. Now, the pair are in their fifth store, trying out some shoes.
 
"Soo, those look cute."
 
"Kyungie, those are meant for you!"
 
"Oh Kyung, we definitely have to buy those."
 
Kyungsoo sighed for the nth time today. And yes, Baekhyun has been coming up with nicknames for Kyungsoo. And strangely enough, Kyungsoo didn't mind at all.
 
"Baek, can we stop already? My legs are aching." Kyungsoo whined. Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo.
 
"Fine, one last store and we'll go home, okay? You need underwears!" Baekhyun said.
 
"You've already bought five packs of Calvin Klein undies for me. I don't want you to go spending all your money on me-"
 
"Nonsense! You are living with me now, it is my responsibility to take care of you."
 
"But Baek-"
 
"No buts!"
 
"Fine! But no more shopping! We have more than ten bags already!" Kyungsoo huffed. Baekhyun looked at the bags.
 
"Fine. But can we get icecream please?" Baekhyun pouted. Kyungsoo tilted his head.
 
"What is an icecream?" Kyungsoo asked. Baekhyun's eyes widened.
 
"You have never eaten an icecream before?" Baekhyun asked, incredulous. Kyungsoo shook his head.
 
"Wow, you have been living under a rock." Baekhyun said. Kyungsoo wanted to correct him that he's been living in an ice, but held his tongue as Baekhyun doesn't know that he is an immortal, and Kyungsoo likes living like a human instead of a spirit that is being hunted.
 
"You will sit here with our shopping bags while I go get us both some icecream then!" Baekhyun smiled. Kyungsoo nodded. Baekhyun left. 
 
Kyungsoo smiled. He swung his legs like a little kid while looking around him. The shopping mall is sure busy on a Sunday. He felt happy. An emotion he never felt in more than three hundred years. 
 
Then, a chill crept up his spine.
 
Kyungsoo snapped his head towards the entrance of the mall. 
 
There it is. The white cat. Standing there as if smirking at him.
 
Kyungsoo stood up and got ready to run. Kyungsoo turned, and he bumped into someone.
 
"Hey, where do you think you're going?" Baekhyun asked as he held out two icecream cone.
 
"I-I" Kyungsoo looked back at the entrance. The cat is gone. He looked back at Baekhyun. Baekhyun was eyeing him with a worried expression.
 
"Is something wrong?" Baekhyun asked, trying to search for hints in Kyungsoo's eyes.
 
"Nothing. Nothing is wrong." Kyungsoo forced a smile at Baekhyun. 
 
"Alright! Here are two icecream cones, one is vanilla, and the other is chocolate. Which one do you want?" Baekhyun smiled. Kyungsoo eyes the two creamy looking thing before him. One is white in colour, and the other is brown. 
 
"I want the one in white colour!" Kyungsoo said. White is always his colour.
 
"Vanilla for you then!" Baekhyun flashed his eye smile.
 
Kyungsoo took over the icecream cone carefully and stared at it. He can see that the creamy thing is slowly melting, like the snow in spring. He took a sniff and it smelled heavenly. It has this milky, creamy, rich scent, with a hint of saffron in it. Baekhyun eyed Kyungsoo as he took his first bite.
 
As Kyungsoo brought the cone to his mouth, he darted out his tongue to give it an experimental . It felt cold. Taste that he never experience before exploded in his mouth. It is sweet, but not too sweet, with a soft but thick consistency. Creamy. Yes. It is very creamy. And the vanilla taste. Kyungsoo likes it so much.
 
"This...is heavenly." Kyungsoo said. Baekhyun smiled as he his own cone. 
 
Baekhyun couldn't believe the life Kyungsoo had. The younger (or so he thought) looked so happy and ecstatic as he took his first bite on the icecream. And it made him craving for even more. Baekhyun felt happy to be the one to witness Kyungsoo's first try on icecream.
 
"I love it. Thank you so much." Kyungsoo said as tears slowly rose. With his emotions back after so long, it is really overwhelming when he feels something, and right now he is stuck in between gratitude and happiness. Baekhyun look worried.
 
"Hey! Why are you crying?" Baekhyun cooed. Kyungsoo couldn't stop his tears.
 
"It's just...too delicious." Kyungsoo cried. Baekhyun used his thumb and wipe away Kyungsoo's tears.
 
"Don't cry~ look at you, eating and crying clumsily like a kid." Baekhyun said, as he took out a tissue and dabbed the icecream that was smeared at the corner of Kyungsoo's lips, before throwing it into a dustbin nearby.
 
"Thank you Baekhyun." Kyungsoo smiled through his tears.
 
"You're welcome." Baekhyun beamed.
 
"Why are you so kind to me?" Kyungsoo asked as his tongue darted around the icecream again.
 
"Well~ lets just say that I felt connected to you." Baekhyun smiled. Kyungsoo returned the smile.
 
"Shall we go home?" Baekhyun asked as he finished his icecream. Kyungsoo nodded.
 
"Let's go." Kyungsoo smiled happily.
 
Baekhyun felt his heart flutter, because...damn.
 
Kyungsoo's smile is really precious.
 
And Baekhyun would do anything to keep that smile.
 
The pair made their way to Baekhyun's sleek black Audi.
 
"Here, let me take the bags." Baekhyun smiled, but immediately regretted when Kyungsoo dumped all the bags on him.
 
"Thank you!" Kyungsoo chirped. But seeing Kyungsoo happy, Baekhyun felt that it's all worth it.
 
When he first met Kyungsoo two weeks ago, Kyungsoo had been the mysterious guy. He always seems to be checking out his shadows as if he is afraid of something, hiding from something. Also, Kyungsoo never once smiled back then. Baekhyun thought that maybe Kyungsoo had a complicated childhood. Maybe he was abused. Baekhyun felt compelled to protect him at all cost, and he has no idea why.
 
Just as Kyungsoo closed the car door behind him, he saw the white cat again.
 
This time, the cat is snarling at him about a yard away.
 
Kyungsoo froze. 
 
The cat's snarl turned into a smirk as if saying "I found you" and Kyungsoo is really freaking out.
 
Baekhyun opened the door and slide into the driver's seat. He saw Kyungsoo spacing out.
 
"Hey, what are you looking at?" Baekhyun asked as he looked at the spot where Kyungsoo is staring at.
 
"N-nothing." Kyungsoo said.
 
The cat is gone again. 
 
"Let's just go home." Kyungsoo smiled as he turned back to look at Baekhyun.
 
"Okay!" Baekhyun flashed his flashy whites as he pulled out of the parking lot.
 
Just as the car drove away, it began snowing again. 
 
The cat stepped out from behind a car that it was hiding and howled.
 
Snow fell heavily that night.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Two weeks have passed. 
 
Luhan followed Kyungsoo's spiritual lingering throughout the town.
 
He caught links of them in a shopping mall, and found that Kyungsoo had been in many different shops in there. He frowned. 
 
"Isn't Kyungsoo supposed to be running from the spell?" Luhan murmured as he spied a tissue paper he dug out from a dustbin that has Kyungsoo's scent on it.
 
The scent was still strong, and the spiritual lingering felt as if Kyungsoo is nearby. 
 
He looked out of the windows of the shopping mall and saw that it was snowing heavily. The snow is not ordinary snow. It is spelled. Another confirmation that Kyungsoo is nearby.
 
Determined not to lose his trail, Luhan rushed up to the rooftop.
 
"Invisibilitatem" Luhan turned invisible.
 
"Fuga subvolo" Luhan chanted. He slowly rose from the rooftop such that he is levitating. 
 
Luhan threw the tissue paper with Kyungsoo's spiritual lingering into the air before whispering a spell.
 
"Vestigio navigare
 
The tissue paper burst into flames, and a thin white line appeared, showing a route to who knows where.
 
Luhan grabbed onto the line and held onto it, tight.
 
"Kyungsoo sunbaenim, I'm coming." Luhan said.
 
With that, the white line began pulling Luhan towards Kyungsoo.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
That night, Kyungsoo couldn't fall asleep.
 
He tossed and turn on the bed in the guest room. 
 
The guest room, unlike Baekhyun's room, is black in colour.
 
The colour of Kyungsoo's heart.
 
Kyungsoo felt uneasy. He felt like someone is tracking him, but he don't know who. He felt someone tugging at his spiritual energy, like a calling. A siren's calling.
 
He felt afraid. 
 
Fear.
 
The fear of not knowing what is coming after him. The fear of not knowing what is his future. The fear of having no allies to rely on. The fear of betrayal. The fear of the curse. The fear of not knowing when, where, or how is he going to get trapped again.
 
However, he also felt hope.
 
The hope of surviving as he is now residing in a house where no supernaturals other than he can enter. The hope of having a new life as a normal human being. The hope of feeling again. The hope to love again.
 
Then, Kyungsoo felt fear again.
 
People often says that hope is one of the things that is greater than fear. But right now, Kyungsoo felt that fear is overcoming every single fibers in his body.
 
Maybe it was better when he couldn't feel anything.
 
Not having any emotions for the past three centuries is actually causing all of the feelings he has now to be magnified.
 
When he felt happy, he is ecstatic. When he is sad, he felt broken into pieces that could never be whole again. And now, fear. 
 
Kyungsoo slipped out of his bed lightly as he made his way to his savior. His one and only friend now. 
 
Kyungsoo thread the ground ever softly, afraid that a single sound would wake Baekhyun up. He slowly creaked open the door to Baekhyun's room, and he was shocked by a sight immediately.
 
Inside the white coloured room, Baekhyun floated a few centimeters on top of his bed. And he is emitting an ethereal glow.
 
Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he took small steps towards Baekhyun. He sees that Baekhyun is shaking, and his body is glowing. Baekhyun's brows were furrowed, and a sheen of sweat glazed his forehead. 
 
Kyungsoo slowly reached out his hand and touch Baekhyun, but was immediately flung a few feet away by an invisible force.
 
"What the-"
 
A shadow cast itself onto the floor of the room as a figure appeared on the windowsill. Kyungsoo looked up, and saw the second thing that shocked him for the night.
 
"Luhan!" Kyungsoo broke into a smile as he ran up to the windows. Opening the window, he tried to let Luhan in.
 
"I can't, sunbaenim, I wasn't invited in by the owner of the house." Luhan said. Kyungsoo nodded. 
 
"So you were the one tracking me?" Kyungsoo asked. Luhan nodded furiously as he blinked some tears of joy away.
 
"Okay boy, no time for tears now. Something is happening to Baekhyun -my savior-, and I couldn't get close to him to help him." Kyungsoo panicked. Luhan shot his gaze over to the floating boy. 
 
Baekhyun seems to struggle lightly in his sleep as the light that he emits glowed brighter.
 
Luhan chuckled. Kyungsoo frowned.
 
"Why are you laughing?! I'm being serious here!" Kyungsoo said. Luhan just shook his head.
 
"Kyungsoo hyung, you've been staying with him and you don't know what he is?" Luhan asked. Kyungsoo furrowed his brows.
 
"What-"
 
"He is one of the Radiant Ones." Luhan said.
 
"The Radiant Ones?" Kyungsoo asked. Luhan nodded. Kyungsoo turned back and looked at Baekhyun.
 
"B-but...It's impossible. I've killed every single members from the Coven of Light three hundred and seventy-one years ago." Kyungsoo said regretfully. He stared at Baekhyun.
 
"Maybe it is nature that wants you to survive." Luhan said softly. Kyungsoo looked back at Luhan.
 
"What? Why? I mean. How?" Kyungsoo asked. 
 
"Have your emotions returned?" Luhan asked. Kyungsoo nodded.
 
"Have your heart started beating again?" 
 
Kyungsoo nodded again. Luhan sighed.
 
"I am guessing that he is the one that released you from your solitary entombment too." Luhan said. Kyungsoo let his gaze wander to Baekhyun again. Come to think of it, Baekhyun looks like the guy that fell into the hole, which Kyungsoo brought him out of the hole and healed his broken leg for him.
 
"But how-"
 
"My master told me once, that there is a loophole for your eternal curse." Luhan said softly. Kyungsoo snapped back to Luhan.
 
"What?! How?! Why didn't you tell me-"
 
"Luna was the one that crafted your entombment spell."
 
Kyungsoo froze. Luna, the Queen of Craftsmanship, was Luhan's master?!
 
"Yes, she was my master. When she died, she regretted working for Kai." Luhan said softly.
 
"She told me the loophole as she trusted me. But I killed her in a moment of fury. I regretted it." Luhan felt tears slowly streaming down his face.
 
Kyungsoo extended an arm and wiped Luhan's tears for him.
 
"She told me that, as the spell was the manifestation of the darker spirit's magic, it would not work around the Radiant Ones as their holy presence suppresses the nature of the other." Luhan finishes. Kyungsoo looked back to Baekhyun.
 
"But why is he glowing?" Kyungsoo asked. 
 
"It is their defense mechanism when they are not on guard. The holy spirits guards them in their sleep." Luhan said as he remembers from the scriptures he memorized long ago. Kyungsoo nodded.
 
"Maybe he is my salvation after all." Kyungsoo whispered.
 
"He is," Luhan smiled, "I guess it's fine if I leave you to his hands then." He turned and left.
 
"Don't worry sunbaenim, I'll be watching over you in the shadows." Kyungsoo heard as Luhan disappeared into the night.
 
Kyungsoo walked towards Baekhyun again. Baekhyun did a puppy-like nose twitch.
 
Kyungsoo smiled.
 
He begin to have hope again.
 
And hope surpasses fear this time.
 
It is because he has found himself trustable allies.
 
The reasons for his salvation.
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
A Cup of Sunshine
 
Well, that escalated quickly.
 
HAHAHAHA 
 
Did the storyline evolve too fast? D: I felt like it did OTL, but I don't want to drag it too much as I'm afraid it would become too draggy. After all, there is a saying that "a story should be a like skirt, long enough to cover everything, but short enough to keep it interesting" so... Yeah....
 
Hmmmm so what exactly is a Radiant One? *tease tease* you'll find out.....soon(?)
 
I love you guys! 7 upvotes and 71 subscribers wow!!!!!!!
 
I know it isn't a lot as compared to other writers, but I'm really happy to see positive feedbacks on this story, as this is my first time writing a fantasy story after all >_<
 
I love all of you!!! Please do subscribe, and also comment and tell me if there is anything that I need to improve on!
 
I apologise for any grammatical/vocabulary error, I love all of you!
 
Till next time~ PEACE OUT (^\\\\\^)¥