Plot

Icebound

 

plot 

[plot]

 

a secret plan or scheme to accomplish some purpose, especially a hostile, unlawful, or evil purpose

 

 

 


"You can't, he's too strong."

Jongin rolled his eyes at Chanyeol as Chanyeol challenged Jongin as to why shouldn't he kill Kyungsoo.

"I can, I am a skilled assassin. I've killed thousands of supernaturals in the last five years. Adding one more to my hit list is nothing." Chanyeol said.

Jongin sighed. "You can't, he is a different type of supernatural-"

"How different can he be from a normal rouge demon?" Chanyeol asked.

"First of all, he is like a thousand years old."

"So?"

"So it means that he is experienced! He knows all sort of battle tactics-"

"I could still easily overpower him." Chanyeol said smugly. Jongin shook his head.

"You can't kill him. I need him alive, at least for now." Jongin said.

Chanyeol smirked. "We shall see about that."

Jongin stood up, glaring at Chanyeol, while Chanyeol stared back hard.

"If you dare to kill him, I swear-"

"You swear what?" Chanyeol took a menacing step towards Jongin.

"I can, and I will kill him. If anyone dares to try to stop me, I will kill that person along with him. And that includes you and your brother." Chanyeol threatened, "and you know that I can. Adding one more supernatural to my list of people to kill is nothing. I can kill two supernatural beings just fine."

With that, Chanyeol left the Kim's manor. Jongin just stood there, stunned at the defiance.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I know you're in there."

Kyungsoo shuddered as he was jolted awake from his sleep by a deep voice.

Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo shifted on the bed to face Baekhyun. He rubbed Baekhyun's face before whispering.

"Sleep, don't wake up no matter what you hear."

Kyungsoo watches as Baekhyun's glow shone even more brightly at the signs of danger, but he knows that there is no way Chanyeol would ever hurt Baekhyun. If he had wanted to, he would have already done it by now. Baekhyun's nose twitched a little as he lets out a soft puppy grunt. Kyungsoo smiled at the peacefulness that Baekhyun is shrouded in.

"Hurry come on out, little fox." Kyungsoo heard Chanyeol call out.

Pushing himself off the bed unwillingly, Kyungsoo went down to meet his nemesis. With caution, he slowly opened the door. Outside stood Chanyeol draped in black, a cap hanging leisurely on his head.

"What do you want?" Kyungsoo challenged as he stepped outside of the house, circling Chanyeol in a dance of the prey and the predator.

Chanyeol smirked. "You know very well what I want."

"Stay away from Baekhyun. I don't want to hurt you." Kyungsoo bit out.

Chanyeol shook his head as he reached his hand into his pocket. 

"You're wrong. I don't want to hurt you."

In a flash, Chanyeol threw out three daggers. One missed Kyungsoo, another grazed his cheek, and he caught one between his fingers. Kyungsoo smirked.

"You have to do better than that, little boy." Kyungsoo said.

Chanyeol raised his brows. "You sure?" Slowly, Kyungsoo felt his fingers burn. Looking closely at the dagger he caught, he saw smoke coming out from them. Yelping, he threw away the dagger and cursed.

"Elf Metal." Kyungsoo gasped as he wiped his fingers clean frantically, "metals made by the alchemist of the faeries with the ability to absorb harmful substances and strengthen the metal by adding the harmful effects of the substance to the blade's advantage."

"Believe me, these are hard to come by." Chanyeol smirked as he took out more daggers from his belt loop. Kyungsoo's eyes widened.

"Tentorium argentum" Kyungsoo whispers.

Wind picked up speed and died down soon after. Chanyeol tiled his head, mocking him. "Is that a spell? Because it doesn't seems to affect me." Then, he released the daggers in his hand. Two stabbed Kyungsoo on his shoulder, and one struck him in the abdomen.

Kyungsoo let out a scream as he doubled over in pain. Chanyeol walked calmly over to the fallen fox in triumph. Kyungsoo gasped as he tried to claw the daggers out, but the daggers were just stuck to his skin, burning the wounds shut, giving him no chance of removing the vile item.

"It's your end." Chanyeol said as he raised another dagger. Just as he was about to plunge the dagger into Kyungsoo's heart to kill him forever, he felt a hand behind his back.

"You should never leave your back turned against an enemy."

Chanyeol turned and saw a ball of light gathered and focused on his back. He looked up from the ball of light and saw Kyungsoo, standing there, smiling at him. Chanyeol's eyes widened as he turned back to the Kyungsoo lying on the ground, whimpering in pain. Confusion flooded his face.

"The spell 'Silver Curtain' is one of my favourite, casting of an illusion so powerful that one doesn't even realize when the enemy has already moved on." Kyungsoo said, then, his eyes glowed as he drew magical sigils in the air with his free hand, before whispering, "Spiritus Lunae"

The ball of light on Kyungsoo's fingertips condenses, before it shot out in a thin pencil-like beam, hitting Chanyeol squarely in the chest, before engorging into a full blown beam, making him fly yards away from Kyungsoo. Chanyeol grunted as he hit the ground hard.

Kyungsoo slowly stalked up towards him, casually snapping his fingers to cause his illusion to fade away.

"You have much to learn, little boy." Kyungsoo sighed. Chanyeol's gaze hardened.

"You've killed my ancestors."

Kyungsoo scoffed. "You have no idea what your ancestors did to me. I have sworn since the day I've escaped from those barbarians that it will kill every single man, woman or child with the poisonous blood running through their veins." Chanyeol's eyes widened. Kyungsoo lets out a small smile.

"But I am not going to hurt you, because you are Baekhyun's friend. But however, if you dare to touch Baekhyun again, or tries to giving him any sick potions which you've obtained from any sorcerers out there..." Kyungsoo hauled Chanyeol up to his feet and leaned his face towards the taller.

"I will end you personally." Kyungsoo flung Chanyeol's body, making it hit the fence hard, before it slid to the ground as if Chanyeol is lifeless. Chanyeol's body shook from fear, shame, and anger the same.

Then, Kyungsoo turned and walked back inside Baekhyun's house, leaving Chanyeol to cry alone in the darkness.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We have to kill him. You have to help me." Chanyeol said shakily as he limped back into Jongin's lair.

Jongin looked away from the altar and stared at Chanyeol. He took in Chanyeol's vanquished look and shook his head slowly. No words were to be said as Chanyeol looked like at the moment.

"I wasn't going to say 'I told you so' but... Yeah, I've told you so." Jongin shrugged.

Chanyeol clenched and unclenched his fist. Jongin gave a knowing smirk.

"I will help you. But first, we will have to find his weakness." Jongin said.

Chanyeol pondered over for a moment, before a sagacious look flitted by his eyes.

"I know what to do."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kyungie, if you are tired, you can just go and lay on the couch." Baekhyun said as he held onto Kyungsoo's hand from the other side of the table. His thumb ran in small circles on the back of Kyungsoo's palm comfortingly. Kyungsoo shrugged tiredly as he filed Baekhyun's thesis for him. The two came to the office and worked there since morning, and after the midnight showdown with Chanyeol, it is not possible for Kyungsoo to not feel any lethargy.

"I am fine Baek, my eyes are just tired." Kyungsoo said, as he continued filing.

Baekhyun pouted. "You never listens to me."

"I do, but I'm just trying to help you finish your work faster."

"I can just ask Sehun to file those."

"But Sehun is out today and I wanna help you!"

Baekhyun stood up in his chair and walked towards Kyungsoo. He put his cheeks beside Kyungsoo's and hugs him from the back. Kyungsoo leaned back against Baekhyun as he felt Baekhyun's warm breath against his neck.

"Go take a nap, I'll take everything from here." Baekhyun mumbled through Kyungsoo's hair.

"But-"

"Nap. Now, or I'm gonna have to knock you out." 

Kyungsoo stifled a yawn.

"See, you need that nap." Baekhyun said.

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes. "Fine. But do wake me up if you need any help."

"Alright, alright. Geez, I didn't know that you're such a workaholic." Baekhyun joked as he pushed Kyungsoo towards the couch.

"Just sleep." Baekhyun smiled as he put his work jacket over Kyungsoo's body as Kyungsoo lay on the couch.

Smiling, Kyungsoo drifted off while smelling Baekhyun's scent all over him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baek~" 

Baekhyun looked up and saw Chanyeol standing by the door.

"What is it?" Baekhyun asked.

Chanyeol gestured Baekhyun towards him. "There's a customer that I'd like for you to meet."

"But I can't leave Kyungsoo alone here." Baekhyun said, gesturing to Kyungsoo's sleeping body.

"He will be fine. Come on, it's only for a little while." Chanyeol said.

Baekhyun sent Kyungsoo a longing gaze. "Alright then. Where is he?"

"He's outside. Follow me!" Chanyeol flashed his flashy white as he steered Baekhyun towards the door. 

Baekhyun walked down the stairs in caution with Chanyeol trailing behind him. Slowly, Baekhyun opened the main door to the building. On the other side of the door, there stood a mysterious man dressed fully in black, a feathered fedora hat on his head. The man looked up and gave him a smirk.

"Good day to you sir. Are you by any chance Mr Byun?" The man asked. Baekhyun eyed the man curiously, before extending an arm towards him. The man took his hand and gave it a firm shake.

"Yes, I'm Byun Baekhyun. And you are?" Baekhyun asked.

The man smirked. "Jongin. Kim Jongin."

And that's the last thing Baekhyun heard as darkness took over his vision.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"A Radiant One huh? My family thought that they were extinct years ago. No wonder the fox was freed from the ice. The Radiant Ones causes a loophole in the Luna Rigentum curse due to the holy spirits around them." Jongin said as he stuffed Baekhyun's unconscious body into the trunk of the car.

"Baekhyun is a Radiant One?" Chanyeol asked, surprised.

Jongin looks taken aback too. "You didn't know?"

"Honestly, I didn't." Chanyeol said.

"Well, now you know. It's lucky that I've used aerosol chloroform to knock him out instead of a spell. Only an immortal's spell would work on a Radiant One as the threefold charm that protects them have no effects on immortals. If not who knows, I may have died if I've casted a knockout charm on him."

Slamming the car boot shut, Jongin turned to Chanyeol. Then, he looked at a white cat on the ground. Bending down, he gave it a pat. It's been a long time since the cat had been touched by a sorcerer.

"Luna Rigentum, you know what to do." Jongin the cat lovingly.

Chanyeol raised his brows. "That's the spell?"

"Don't underestimate it. Just let it into the building and you will know it's power." Jongin said.

Chanyeol snorted. "Just come collect the fox after you're done with Baekhyun."

"I will."

Chanyeol shot a look over to Baekhyun's comatose, gagged, and bound body and let out a sigh.

"Promise me that you won't hurt him." Chanyeol said, worried.

"I won't hurt him." Jongin assured, "I'm only bringing him back for a little chat. The only one getting hurt would be foxy himself."

"If you ever hurt him-"

"I won't. You have my word." Jongin said before walking to the driver seat of the car.

"I'll be back in five." 

"I'll be done by then." Chanyeol said.

"Good, just let the cat in and I'll do the rest."

"Okay. Bon voyage, Monsieur." 

In a flash, the whole vehicle disappeared into thin air.

Whistling, Chanyeol headed back to the office.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

DRIP. DRIP. DRIP.

Baekhyun woke up in a cold dark room. He immediately scrambled up, alert. Where is he? Who brought him here? How did he get here? The last thing he remembers is...the man. Jongin. Feeling a wave of nausea hitting him, he puked his guts out all over the place.

"Woah woah woah, calm yourself. Geez, I knew that I shouldn't have used that aerial space-time transportation spell." A voice spoke out in the darkness. Suddenly, candles blared to life and the room was illuminated.

Baekhyun could now see that he is in a hexagonal shaped room. And his captor was the tanned-skin man from before.

"You. What have you done? Where am I?" Baekhyun asked as he took a step back.

"So many questions, but so little answers." Jongin smirked, "but relax, we just need you to stay down for a little while until we got that fox spirit." Baekhyun's eyes widened. Kyungsoo. He was still asleep, defenseless on the office couch.

"Who are you exactly. What do you want?" Baekhyun asked, trying to summon bravery from within, but failing terribly.

"The name is Kim Jongin, a sorcerer." Baekhyun's eyes widened as he scrambled back nervously, banging into a table,which turned out to be the altar, knocking a jar over. Black smoke started seeping out of the jar and materializes on the floor next to Jongin.

"And I believe that what we want would be the same as what you want." A smooth silky voice spoke out as the black smoke started to take form of another man with the same features as Jongin.

"T-there's two of you?" Baekhyun said nervously as he pointed at the other figure.

Jongin rolled his eyes. "This is Kai. I am his doppelgänger. He is my ancestor."

Baekhyun's eyes enlarged even more. "You are the bastard that cursed Kyungsoo!" He pointed an accusing finger at him.

"Chill, mate. If you know what he had did to your ancestors, you would want to curse him too." Kai said.

"Don't lie! My ancestors were slaughtered by you! Kyungsoo is kind, caring, and compassionate. He would never hurt anybody!" Baekhyun spilled with rage.

Kai clasped his hands together. "My, my. What lies did that deceitful beast fed you with?"

Baekhyun held his stance. He refuses to believe that Kyungsoo had anything to do with wiping out his ancestor's clan. He knows Kyungsoo, the kind and caring boy with that beautiful eyes. His smile was so kind that it could touch the most heartless man on earth. There is no way that Kyungsoo is that destructive, manipulative, conniving monster which Kai is framing him to be.

"You don't believe me do you? Let me show you then."

Baekhyun felt a sharp pain shoot up his head as Kai tried to open his brain up on the inside, forcing memories that weren't his into them, before sealing it shut. He screamed as he fell onto the floor, the pain was incessant as images assailed his mind.

He could see a blur of white as a figure raved through the village. The Bom village. He could see blood everywhere. On his left, he saw a child, dying as she clutched onto the hems of her mother's sleeve. On his right, he could see a man being decapitated with a huge claw wound on the side of his neck, blood seeping through it, draining his life away, drip by drip.

Then, under the full moon, on the platform in the village square, there stood Kyungsoo as he lifted the body of a man with ease. Blood stained Kyungsoo's pale skin, his tails surfaced, claws emerged as he dug into the man's skin. 

"Any last word, the last of the Radiant Ones?" Kyungsoo asked as he smirked cynically.

The sight was haunting, eerie. Unholy.

The man struggled in Kyungsoo's grip as he tried slashing Kyungsoo with a dagger in his hand.

"I've expected more of a challenge from the leader of the Radiant Ones." Kyungsoo's eyes were voided of emotions as he looked the man in the eye before snapping the man's neck as if they were nothing. Then, Kyungsoo lit the place on fire before leaving it to burn to ground.

As fast as the visions appear, Baekhyun started surfacing from the memory from Kai as he came back to the room, screaming at the splitting pain in his head.

"Well, I guess that will take sometime for him to digest. Why don't you go fetch our subject then?" 

"Yes master."

With a click of his fingers, Jongin teleported once more.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo woke up feeling cold and alone.

He squinted in the darkness and he could make out a man sitting on Baekhyun's seat, back facing Kyungsoo. But the silhouette of the man doesn't look like Baekhyun at all. He shifted a little and sat up.

"Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo called out.

The figure turned around and smiled at Kyungsoo.

"Nope, guess again."

Kyungsoo snarled as he shot up. "Chanyeol."

"Ding ding! Three points for Gryffindor!" Chanyeol jested.

Kyungsoo sent out a wave of magic, trying to sense Baekhyun's presence, but there was only Chanyeol and him alone in the office.

"Where is Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo asked cautiously.

Chanyeol stood up and walked slowly towards the door, never taking his eyes off Kyungsoo. "Well, how do I put it? Hmmm... Let's just say that he stepped out for a moment, and he won't be back for awhile. So we could start off where we left off."

"You hurt him-"

"Please, I would never hurt him." Chanyeol scoffed, "I love him, remember?"

Kyungsoo growled as his eyes flitted black in rage.

"But I never said anything about not hurting you." 

In a flash, Chanyeol took out a dagger and threw it towards Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo dodged and made a rush towards Chanyeol. Chanyeol jumped out of Baekhyun's office into the main room and ducked, before throwing out two more daggers, both stabbing into the wall. Then, Kyungsoo followed after Chanyeol. He bared his fangs and claws, and his nine beautiful tails emerged.

"Such a beautiful thing. Too bad, not for long." Chanyeol tutted, before throwing three more daggers, all missing Kyungsoo by inches.

Kyungsoo dodged the daggers before lunging for Chanyeol again...

Only to find himself crashing into a barrier. Kyungsoo tried pushing through, but he couldn't. An invisible wall seemed to have formed around him. He looked up at Chanyeol, confused, and Chanyeol just smirked.

"I have this sorcerer, who is my friend, whom which I've asked for him to help me spell these daggers so that I could help him trap you." Chanyeol said as he took out another dagger, observing it under the wicked light. Kyungsoo's eyes widened in realization.

"Magic Room hex." Kyungsoo whispered as he looked around the room. He could see all the five daggers Chanyeol threw at him before, spread nicely around him in a pentagonal shape.

Chanyeol nodded. "Another two points for you. Hey, you're smart! So if you're smart enough, you should know that the sorcerer who is my friend is.....?"

"K-kai..."

Chanyeol frowned. "Nope, but close enough. It is his descendant, Jongin. Also a Kim sorcerer."

Chanyeol walked around Kyungsoo who was bound to the annoying sorcerer's spell. Kyungsoo struggled in his bonds. If Chanyeol is working for a Kim sorcerer, it would mean that the sorcerer would be coming for him. And it would mean that Baekhyun is in danger. If the sorcerers found out that Baekhyun is a Radiant One, he wasn't sure if Baekhyun could protect himself.

"Oh, and did Baekhyun tell you that I owned forty percent of the shares of our company?" Chanyeol asked. Kyungsoo frowned at him.

"And it actually included the office. I owned forty percent of this office too, and do you know what that mean?"

Chanyeol slowly walked to the main door of the office.

"It means that I could invite anyone in."

Kyungsoo felt a chill which he had not felt in months. The very same chill that haunted him every night in his sleep. He could see frost forming on the carpet as a white cat strutted in. Kyungsoo's eyes widened in fear as he tried to free himself from Chanyeol's binds, but he couldn't.

"Meet Luna Rigentum- but oh, you've already met it haven't you?" Chanyeol sneered.

Then, the cat pounced, and the cold that freezes Kyungsoo to his bones came.

.....

.....

.....

...

...

...

.

.

.

A Cup of Sunshine

Hey guys! Things are getting a little intense here don't you think?

huhuhu anyway, new year is coming!

And it means that school is starting soon /face palms/

And it means that I'm going back on hiatus soon :(

I'll try to make as many updates as possible between this week and next >_<

Forgive me for all the mistakes you may find in here u_u

I love you all readers, I hope that you like my story too huhuhuhu

New readers, do subscribe, upvote, whatever hehehe

Please do comment! As I need more feedbacks so as to further improve myself ^^

Love all of you, hearteu hearteu~

PEACE OUT! ^~^