Relinquish

Icebound

 

re·lin·quish  

[ri-ling-kwish]

to let go; release of one's hold.

 

 

 

"Goodbye Jonginnie."

 

No... It can't be...

 


Joonmyun hyung...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Joonmyun stared at the unconscious body of his brother. He slowly bent down and touched Jongin's forehead. 

"Goodnight Jonginnie." He gave a sickeningly sweet smile. "Have a good sleep will you?"

In a flash, Joonmyun slipped off the talisman from Jongin's finger and slid it onto his own. There was a ringing in his ears as power fueled him. He flexes his fingers a little and turned towards the group on the other side of the barrier. 

Joonmyun smirked as he sent a blast towards the barrier that the Valkyrie had used to trapped Jongin, turning it into dust effortlessly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Baekhyun wake up!" 

Kyungsoo cradles his lover's body in his arms while the rest watches him.

"Please... Wake up!" Kyungsoo cries. He could feel that Baekhyun's body had gone cold, and he is long dead. But Kyungsoo refuses to believe it. He denies it.

"Kyungsoo..." Taeyeon put a hand on Kyungsoo's shoulder. "He is-"

"Don't you dare say it!" Kyungsoo sobs. "Don't say it... Please don't say another word... It couldn't be...no... He is alive. He is here, he is with me! Finally we can be together, and I will not allow him to be...." Kyungsoo trails off.

Tiffany steps forward. "But Kyungsoo, there is no way to bring back a dead person-"

"Shut up!" He screams. "Shut up... Just shut up... There must be something I can do. Something I must do... I know of a spell, I saw a witch using it in the 1460s... She brought back a child, made her healthy. I can do that same spell... I just needs more power-"

"I can help you with that." A voice spoke.

Kyungsoo snapped around and saw Joonmyun standing there with Jongin lying beside him.

"You... What do you want..." Kyungsoo growls.

Joonmyun puts his hands in the air. "Relax, darling. I'm just trying to help." He took a step forward. "And I can bring him back for you if you want." 

Chanyeol glances at Jongin's body on the ground. "What about your brother?"

"He is out. For now." Joonmyun smirks.

"Why would you betray your own brother?" Sehun narrows his eyes.

Joonmyun cocked his head to a side as he laughed. "So many questions."

"Forget them. How can you bring him back?" Kyungsoo asked, a tad too eagerly, as Joonmyun stood before him.

"With magic, darling." Joonmyun extended his hand to Kyungsoo. "Now, do you want my help, or not?

Kyungsoo gulped, but there were no room for hesitation. "Okay." He places his hand in Joonmyun's.

In that instant where they touched, Kyungsoo felt breathless. In his mind, he saw a black candle burning, choking up the place. He shuddered as he felt a chill slip up his head, causing his thoughts to turn foggy. Then, he looks up at the sorcerer and saw that Joonmyun was smirking at him.

"What is happening to me-"

"Oh, Kyungsoo... Such a gullible boy. After all this time." Joonmyun laughs loudly. "I am not who you think I am, darling..."

Darling... Something is not right.


Kyungsoo's eyes widened marginally as he came to a realization.

There was only one person in this whole world who would call him that...

"K-kai..." Kyungsoo gasped.

"Kyungsoo!" Taeyeon shouted as she unsheathed her sword as all three Valkyries dashed towards them, but the Valkyries were halted in mid air by a certain force as Joonmyun slowly turned to meet their gazes.

"It's been a hell of a fun playing host to you Destiny Goddesses, but don't you think it's time for you lot to return home to Valhalla?" Joonmyun smiled sardonically as a red pentagon appears in mid air.

"No-" Tiffany puts up her hand as she tries to dismantle the spell.

A flash of red light flooded the entire field of vision. The last thing Kyungsoo heard from the Valkyries were their shrieks and thunder booming from a distant land. He looked up at Kai/Joonmyun, and tried to get up to his feet, but the possessed sorcerer soon turned around and flicked his hand towards the fox, immobilizing him.

"No! Kyungsoo!" The fox saw Chanyeol and Sehun dashing towards him. Chanyeol had three daggers out, and he flung them towards Kai, who froze the daggers with his mind and shattered it just as the daggers reached him. He then turned his other palm that was facing the two, downwards, causing them both to drop to their knees.

"Tries to struggle, and I will burn you both into ashes." Kai smirks rather menacingly.

Kyungsoo, mustering all the strength he has got, stood up and lunged at Kai, who then hold out his free palm towards Kyungsoo and started chanting.

"Volteraamametor, indusulase volteraamametor..."

The sorcerer chanted again and again, and Kyungsoo felt that his brains are on fire, slowly burning and sending spikes all over his head. He cried as he buckled over and fell to the ground, gasping hard for air.

"Just stay down would you?"

Kyungsoo out.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was so long ago. So, so long ago.

But Jongin remembers it so vividly as if it just happened yesterday.


"No! Daddy, stop. Please, don't do it." Joonmyun said tearfully as he held out his hand to block his father.

"Joonmyun... Stay away." His father said in a low, but frightening voice.

"No! He is mine to keep... Please daddy, I will be good... I promise! I will practice the spells you want me to practice, I swear daddy! I swear! Just let me keep him." Joonmyun begged as he fell to his knees.

"Go away!" His father shouted, flicking him aside with his magic. Joonmyun plopped to the ground as his father carried a sedated lynx towards the stone altar in the hexagonal shaped room. Joonmyun's eyes darted around in the darkness and found Jongin's eyes.

"Please... Save him..." Joonmyun mouthed as tears spilled from his eyes. He couldn't move as he was immobilized by his father's spell. Jongin took a step out from his spot."

"F-father?" Jongin stuttered, but his father paid no heed to him. "Father!" Jongin said, a little louder this time.

"What?" His father snapped around and stared at him.

"L-let Joonie hyung's familiar go, I promise I will help him with learning the offensive spells-"

He was cut off as he felt his cheek sting. Jongin then looked up and saw that his father had slapped him with a spell.

"I will not, let anybody in the house, have such a disgusting thing as a pet. Do you understand me?" His father growled.

"Y-yes father. I understand." Jongin said in a soft voice as he backed into the shadows once more.

Joonmyun writhed around on the ground as he tried to get up, but his father's spell on him was far too powerful for him. "No... Please... Daddy no..."

"In the Wind Moon, I hereby sacrifice this lynx, a familiar, for power. Dark Spirits hear me." Mr Kim chanted as he closed his eyes. He continued chanting and chanting as his eyes lolled backwards into his skull. 

"Dark Spirits hear me!" His chants rose in volumes as the white sacrificial knife in his hands rose along with it. The blade, made of a dark panther's fang, sharpened and seasoned with many generations of sacrifices. It was filled with such dark energy. 

Then, he lowered the blade and slit the lynx's throat and let it's blood drip onto some dried coriander and bitter root on the altar. When the lynx at last stopped squirming, he dropped the body onto the herbs before picking up a black candle and setting the herbs on fire. Soon, the body of the lynx ignited and began to burn as well.

"NO!" Joonmyun boomed as his familiar died. From the shadows, Jongin felt something snapped inside of Joonmyun. His powers roiled off his skin as it slowly repelled his father's power on him. Mr Kim's eyes widened in fear as green light emitted from Joonmyun's body. Joonmyun slowly stood up and faced his father. He was shivering; not from cold or from fear, but from anger. 

"Y-you killed him..." Joonmyun said with an empty expression, but with tears falling off his cheeks. "You killed him..."

"Joonmyun, calm down-"

"Muerte!" Joonmyun shrieked as he clenches his right fist. Mr Kim immediately kneeled to the ground, clutching onto his abdomen as blood foamed around the corner of his lips.

"J-Joonie... N-no..."

Joonmyun stumbled unsteadily towards the altar. On it, he saw the white fur of his familiar charred by the flames. It laid still as it continues to burn. It's blood, staining the altar. He then turned to his father who was kneeling before him.

"Bring him back." Joonmyun said.

"I can't." 

"I said, bring him back!" Joonmyun shouted as he wrapped his small fingers around his father's throat. Mr Kim's eyes rolled backwards as his air supply slowly diminishes, and Joonmyun's just cried and cried for his father to revive his lynx. Jongin stood hidden in a corner, fearing what would Joonmyun do to him if he ever caught his presence in the room.

Then, Joonmyun let go of their father's throat. For a second, Mr Kim heaved a sigh of relief, thinking that his eldest son's tantrum is now over. But he should have known better than to trust a powerful, magic-filled, raging boy. With magic clouding his judgment at such a young age, Mr Kim should have known that the magic would take over his son's mind when provoked as a form of self defense.

"Fracturus..." Joonmyun snapped his wrist, and his father's head spun around three hundred and sixty degrees, breaking his own neck, killing him.

And all the while Jongin watches.

That was the first and last time Jongin saw his brother's dark side.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Until now...

Jongin eyes his brother emptily as the man he once knew erected a stone altar in the middle of the living room with the fox spirit on it. The man, his very own brother, poisoned him with a spell leaving him weak and lethargic; his limbs felt as though their joints had been severed. The man, his very own brother. Jongin was so sure that the sorcerer standing there isn't his brother.

He can't be...

He is not Joonmyun...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Just as Jongin lay there on the ground, weakened and confused, Kyungsoo slowly came to. He felt groggy, and his brain felt like a thick wet sponge with bubble wrap being wrapped tightly around it. He felt numbed, and his senses dimmed.

"Oh, you're awake. Good. It's about time."

Kyungsoo tries to focus on the silhouette that was hovering above him. He could barely make it out who it was. His mind was hazy and he could not think straight. Kyungsoo grunted as he tried moving his limbs just to find them completely immobilized.

"You don't look so well," the person said with a slight mocking gleeful tone. "Don't worry, I'll take care of you. I used to take care of you too, darling... Remember? When you used to have all these nightmares weeks after your capture by the ubuthis."

"What did you do to me..."

"Oh no worries about that darling. It's just a simple enchantment which I'm pretty sure you know about seeing that you was the one that taught me this spell." Kai, or Joonmyun, smirked. "Red ferrous salt; a great binding agent to prevent one from moving mentally and physically."

Kyungsoo winced. "Who are you?" He bites out weakly.

"I'm Kai, darling. I'm devastated! How could you not have recognized my speech patterns?" Kai mocked in a surprised tone. "Has it really been that long?"

"How is this possible..."

"Oh darling, it sure is," Kai purred. "It is magic. Little Jonginnie there summoned me with a blood pact knot sacrificial spell without even knowing what it was, then I inhabited his altar room, and then you all were the ones that conveniently left poor Joonmyun on the floor after gravely weakening him. That poor boy, all weak and desperate to rescue his brother. So I strike a deal with him."

Kai walked over to the other side of the table. "I've said 'I will protect your brother from the fox in exchange for your body being the host to my soul' and that boy, so desperate, so naive that he actually agreed and opened himself up for me. So gullible." He chuckled sofly. "I did say that you, the fox, will not harm his brother. But I never said anything about not harming little Jongin over there myself. Well, he did tried to kill me. Payback is a huh?"

"You..." Kyungsoo squinted.

"And that is the chink in your armor my darling. You've let your guards down for love. Of all things; for love. I've taught you about the human world better than that Kyungsoo." Kai sighed. "Oh well, it all ends today."

The sorcerer said as he slowly pulled out a white sacrificial knife from beneath his robe. The blade, made from the tooth of a rare albino Tasmanian tiger hundreds of years ago, tainted and sharpened with years of sacrifice and blood of the victims that died under the blade. Kyungsoo eyes the blade weakly, struggling against his binds even more.

"You should know what this is. You've seen me use it many times. Such a pity, it is going to be you this time." Kai said as he let the blade flicker in the dimmed light. "But first, we would need something from our dear friend here."

Kai walks over to two shadows huddled together at the corner of the room. It was Chanyeol and Sehun. They were both wide awake, gagged, and fear strickened. Sehun was crying silent tears as he tries to back himself even more into the wall,  willing the inorganic material to swallow him up, while Chanyeol's eyes remained wide and fearful as the sorcerer approaches him with the dagger.

"This will hurt a bit." Kai smiles before forcefully pulling Chanyeol's arm. He slashed at it to draw blood, and he wasn't exactly gentle about it either. Chanyeol screamed into his gag as he bled freely onto the dagger, staining it crimson. Then, the sorcerer drew back and walked towards Kyungsoo.

"No..." Kyungsoo moaned weakly as he struggled.

Kai laughed. "Don't worry darling, this would be over in a second. You know how fast my sacrificial rituals are. You won't even feel a thing, so just relax and let me absorb your power."

Hot tears stung Kyungsoo's eyes as he tries to break away from the binds.

"No...please...no!" Kyungsoo grunts.

"Oh darling, stay still for me would you?"

With that, Kai started carving sacrificial sigils into Kyungsoo's skin with the blade while the fox spirit lets out unholy shrieks as the poisoned blood from the blade burns his skin.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No...

That is not Joonmyun...

He would never do this...

Get up...

Must get up...

Must save hyung...

Joonie hyung...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kai first carved the sign of sacrifice upon Kyungsoo's forehead, drawing scarlet red blood from the fox as he screams. He then dips his thumb upon the sigil to rub some of the silvery blood off Kyungsoo's skin, and applied them onto his closed eye lids.

"With thee enemy's blood, I see it all too clear..." Kai breathed loudly over Kyungsoo's panting. Then, he looked up as if seeing something suspended in mid air. "Are you watching, Goddess of the Moon?" He said aloud, tauntingly. "I am going to take away the most precious thing you've created, and channel his powers to my bloodline just for spite."

Kai tosses his head back and laughed. He began smearing more of Kyungsoo's blood all over him. There was power in that silvery blood, decorated through centuries by eclipses and moons; it arouses him. Surges of what felt like electric shocks skittered throughout the sorcerer's body as his skin tingled with power. He opened his palm and green flames sparked to life. An almost subsonic hum surrounded him, enveloping him in its embrace. Then, he faces Kyungsoo again. Kyungsoo was struggling desperately against his binds, but he was incarcerated by ancient magic.

"Avantes mes treins," Kai chanted as he started slashing at Kyungsoo's right arm, causing the fox to howl in agony. Then, to prevent Kyungsoo's healing abilities from sealing the cut, he stuck a piece of crooked wire into Kyungsoo's arm. 

"I'm sorry, have to stop this pesky healing ability if I want to complete the ritual." The sorcerer said unapologetically. "Savana bes chiens." He does the same to Kyungsoo's other arm. Kyungsoo clenches his teeth as he screams.

"You will pay for this!" Kyungsoo bit out.

But the sorcerer paid no heed to him. "Furvene des kosmos..." He moved in widdershins and slashed Kyungsoo's left leg. "Hydren aes bastia..." The other leg.

Kyungsoo lay helplessly upon the altar right now as the pain almost caused him to pass out. He could literally hear the dark spirits whispering vile things at his ears. He could smell their foul breath as they waits to devour his soul. Kyungsoo forces himself to open his eyes as he gave one last feeble attempt in breaking the force that is binding his movements.

"I'm sorry Kyungsoo, you've did well for the past centuries...but, it's the end of the road for you..."

"Expelliando!"

An invisible force suddenly struck Kai in his head and flung him about five feet away from Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's eyes blared opened as he felt a surge of power rush through him. He looked to his left and saw Jongin, on his feet while swaying slightly with his arms outstretched. He looked as though he was already on his limits.

Kai brushes the dust off his robes as he chuckled cynically. "Well surprise surprise, looks like you still have some fight in you. I certainly did not expect that. I thought that my descendants were all weak buffoons." 

Jongin gave a battle cry as he lunged himself at Kai, pinning him against the wall. "How dare you hurt Joonmyun!" He screams as he punches Kai in the face. Kai was shocked by the impact for a moment, but he recovered quick enough and threw Jongin away with magic. The young sorcerer's body hits Kai's make shift altar and Kyungsoo could feel the slight tremor from the sheer force the ancient sorcerer exerted.

Suddenly, Kyungsoo felt light. His head cleared as though somebody has burst the bubble that was wrapping tightly around his brain.  His arms that were suspended in mid air suddenly fell, but he caught himself in time to keep it suspended. The bind is broken but how...? 

That was when he realized, as Jongin flew towards the altar, his feet had accidentally smeared away some of the red ferrous salt that was sprinkled around him in a perfect red circle, and thus breaking the enchantment that was placed on him.

"You are just like a cockroach aren't you? You don't know when to die. Maybe I should kill you too," Kai said as he slowly made his way towards Jongin. Kyungsoo's thoughts were in a blur. Focus Kyungsoo! He tells himself.

"You will feel the air in your lungs slowly diminishing. You will know that the air around you is poison. And you will slowly die off like the pest you are..." Kai said slowly as he raised his palm towards Jongin, and the younger sorcerer began to gasp for air, only to feel that he couldn't breathe at all.

"Yes... Choke and die... There is no oxygen-"

Kyungsoo leaped up from the altar and grabbed Kai by his head. The element of surprise overwhelmed Kai as he dropped his arms in surprise. "H-how is this possible?" Kai gasps.

"Well, it's magic, darling..." Kyungsoo mocked as he channeled all of his remaining energy into this one last spell. "In the name of the Goddess I banish thee, the evil of this man from within!" Kyungsoo screamed as white light enveloped them. 

They felt nothing for a moment, only light, seeping into the very essence of Joonmyun's body. Kai screamed as he felt something peeling his essence away from Joonmyun's conscious.

 "No!" The ancient evil shrieked as a dark hole opened up and swallowed him back to hell.

Joonmyun's body went limp for a moment, but Kyungsoo held onto him. Then, his eyes began to flutter open. Joonmyun hugs Kyungsoo tightly as he wept, from exhaustion and from terror.

"I saw everything... I felt everything... He used my powers to harm Jongin... Oh Jonginnie I am so sorry!" Joonmyun shrieked as he clambered off Kyungsoo and climbed towards Jongin who was still choking, struggling to breathe at the foot of the altar. His face has already turned purple from the lack of air. 

Kyungsoo made his way towards Jongin. He eyed Joonmyun for a moment as he began to pluck out the crooked wires the sorcerer previously stuck in his wounds. It seems that Joonmyun had forgot that he could do magic in that moment of panic as he cried and screamed from Jongin to breathe. Kyungsoo weakly pushed Joonmyun away from Jongin and put his palms on Jongin's chest. Jongin's eyes almost popped out of his sockets as they turned bloodshot.

"Breathe, child. Feel the air in your lungs," Kyungsoo coaxes as he pushes his power into the sorcerer's body, clearing a path for his airways. "Breathe, feel the fresh air rushing through your body, breathe child." 

As if magic, which it really was magic, Jongin gasped and took in a sharp breath before he started breathing again.

"Thank god! Thank god!" Joonmyun cries as he hugs Jongin tightly. "Jonginnie I'm so sorry..."

"I sorry too, hyung. I never wanted you to be involved in this..." Jongin sobbed into Joonmyun's shoulder. Then, he turned towards Kyungsoo. "You saved me... Thank you..."

Kyungsoo bit his tears back. "It's nothing..."

Then he remembered.

"Baekhyun!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo ran towards the body of his lover and fell at his foot. He cradled it. The body has long turned cold and it was obvious that the radiant one is dead, seeing as there was no pulse at all.

With Kai gone and the spell broken, Chanyeol and Sehun stood behind Kyungsoo and watched as he sobbed. Jongin and Joonmyun made their way towards the despaired fox as well.

"I'm sorry...so sorry..." Jongin cried as he held onto Joonmyun for support.

"It's not your fault." Kyungsoo said quietly as he stood up with Baekhyun's body in his arms.

"What are you doing?" Joonmyun asked as Kyungsoo began walking out of the room.

"I am saving him. I can feel his spirit here, with us. I can bring him back." Kyungsoo said in a voice no much louder than a whisper. He was tired. His bones aching as he took each step towards the door. With his powers expended from fighting the sorcerer and healing himself, there was only one thing left that he could do.

The moon. The full moon. He needs the light of the moon to guide him.

"Are you crazy? No magic can bring back the dead! Not without any consequences-"

"You won't get it!" Kyungsoo said as he slammed opened the door with magic.

As he stood outside in the courtyard, he walked to the spot; his spot where he did his birthday ritual of renewal months ago, the very same ritual when Baekhyun saw him in the snow, praying to the Goddess.

Kyungsoo choked back a sob as he lay Baekhyun on the ground in the circle. Around him, five sprigs of white lilies began to bloom in the shape of the pentagon. This is his magical hotspot. It was directly under the light of the full moon. Behind him, Joonmyun burst out from the house.

"You can't do this! This is crazy! He is gone! This is the will of nature, and there is no magic in this world that could be strong enough to challenge it!" Joonmyun shrieks, but Kyungsoo just ignored him.

"I have all the power that I need. I have the Goddess with me." Kyungsoo said calmly.

"Stop this insanity right now!" Joonmyun shouted, but Kyungsoo just waved his arms and threw him back lightly. Closing his eyes, Kyungsoo began to chant in ancient Latin. It was a language so old that no one would have understood it. But being taken in by the timeless faeries, Joonmyun knew exactly what the spell would do.

"Stop this..." Joonmyun said, but he knew that there was nothing he could say to stop the determined fox spirit.

"What is he doing?" Chanyeol asked as he stood beside Joonmyun.

"I have no idea." Jongin replied as he stares at his brother. Joonmyun just stood, transfixed.

As Kyungsoo's chants grew louder, the five sprigs of lilies burst into flames. A sweet muguet scent surrounded them as they felt raw and ancient magic growing from the roots at their feet. The moon shone brightly down at Kyungsoo as he began to dance around Baekhyun, not stopping even for awhile to breathe.

His tails were out, glory in alabaster white as power thrums in the air. It was breathtaking for the onlookers, seeing the fox conjuring, casting such a delicate and intricate spell. Kyungsoo then stopped as he laid down beside Baekhyun and gave him a light kiss on the forehead.

"Oh Goddess, I love him... Please..." He caressed Baekhyun's face. "Please..." He lowered his lips to meet Baekhyun's. Opening his mouth, Kyungsoo began breathing a white fog of life into the radiant one.

Then, just like magic, colour slowly returned to Baekhyun's ashen skin. The lacerations on his limbs healed quickly, and the gross gap in his heart closed up. His dead heart began to beat again, pumping blood throughout his body. His warmth returned, and soon he began to breathe again. 

When Baekhyun opens his eyes, the first thing he saw was Kyungsoo.

"Soo!" Baekhyun gasped. Kyungsoo was elated! He immediately hugged Baekhyun tightly.

"It worked! The spell worked!" Kyungsoo laughed.

"I saw everything... It felt like I was in limbo, dead yet alive, and I saw how you fought for me... I saw how you cried for me... Oh Soo, I love you so much... I shouldn't have believed the vile things the sorcerers told me before... I should have trusted you... I am so sorry..." Baekhyun said as he doesn't wants to let Kyungsoo go.

"It's alright Baek, you're here now; we are here together now, and that's all that matters." Kyungsoo chuckled.

Behind them, the group smiled happily, everyone except for Joonmyun. Jongin noticed his brother's behaviour and nudged him.

"What's wrong?" Jongin asked.

Joonmyun bit back a choke as a single tear fell from his eye. "Every spell has its consequences..."

Just like clockwork, Baekhyun released Kyungsoo from his embrace.

"Soo... What's going on? Why are you suddenly so cold?" Baekhyun frowned as he rubbed Kyungsoo's hands within his, trying to generate heat for the fox. Kyungsoo just smiled and pulled away to sweep Baekhyun's messy fringe away from his petite face. 

"Soo...your hair is turning white! What's going on?!" Baekhyun exclaims. Kyungsoo ran a palm through his head, and when he lowered his hand, he saw that there was indeed a few strands of white hair there.

"Oh Baek... I thought I would have a longer time to spend with you... Seems like I don't have much time after all..." Kyungsoo chuckles.

"No...no! What is going on-"

"He is returning to his true form." Joonmyun said as he stepped away from the group, towards Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. "The spell he casted... He sacrificed his humanity and immortality for your life."

"What...? Soo, did you really did that? Why? Why would you do that?" Baekhyun cries as he held Kyungsoo's face. Kyungsoo just smiled serenely at him.

"I would give up anything for you Baek, this is how much I love you..." a tear slipped down Kyungsoo's smiling face. "Immortality is nothing to me if I don't have you, Baekhyun... If sacrificing my humanity means getting you back? I would do it a thousand more times."

"No... But I haven't have enough with you!" Tears blurred Baekhyun's visions.

"Baekhyun, it's okay..." Kyungsoo extended his arm weakly and wiped away Baekhyun's tears. "You taught me how to love, you taught me how to feel loved and be loved. You gave me what I always didn't have... You even gave me ice-cream, you sang me a birthday song, and you brought me to an amusement park. No man ever did that for me before you came along..." Kyungsoo smiles weakly.

"For a thousand years I have lived-"

"But you haven't lived at all! Being trapped in an icy entombment spell for three centuries isn't exactly living! Soo, I've promised to show you the world... I've gave you my word on bringing you to places you've never been and meeting people you never met... I had a dream where we would open up a home for children... Don't you remember?"

"I remember them, Baek..." Kyungsoo said sadly. "It was a beautiful dream, but in the end it was just a dream..."

"No..."

"This is so much more. You've gave me so much more..." Kyungsoo's body began rocking in spasms. He gasped as if in pain, but his gaze was directed up to the full moon. "Seems like mother wants me to go home..." Kyungsoo chuckled wearily.

"No..."

A film of white light began to envelope Kyungsoo. He turned towards the group and smiled at them.

"Joonmyun... Jongin... I know you are kind hearted sorcerers deep inside... Please protect Baekhyun when I'm gone..."

"We will." Joonmyun nodded, while Jongin tries not to cry.

"Chanyeol... Sehun..." He calls out weakly. Chanyeol and Sehun immediately stepped forward, wiping away their tears hastily. "What is it, Soo?" Chanyeol said while holding back his tears.

"Please...take care of Baekhyun for me..." Kyungsoo smiled as he rubbed Baekhyun's cheeks softly. "I know he tends to be annoying...and childish...and loud... But he has a kind heart... Please love him like I did, and cherish him..."

"Kyungsoo, don't say those words anymore! I don't want you to go!" Baekhyun shouted childishly as he hugs Kyungsoo even more tightly, squeezing him hard. Kyungsoo laughed as he gestured towards Chanyeol and Sehun.

"This is what I meant..." Kyungsoo's body began to tremble.

"Kyungsoo!" Baekhyun screams as the light grew bigger and bigger, blinding the onlookers instantly.

"I guess this is goodbye Baekhyun... I love you."

The white light blared like supernova, as if the sun has exploded. But the light felt calming and soothing, as it trying to stitch them back at their broken seams, healing them like a gentle breeze.

And when the light subsided, Kyungsoo was no more.

In Baekhyun's arms, there lay a white, sleeping, baby fox with a single furry tail.

"He's gone." Joonmyun said melancholically.

Baekhyun eyed the fox tearfully as he choked back a tear.

In his arms, the fox left out a soft sigh.

.....

.....

.....

...

...

...

.

.

.

A Cup of Sunshine

SCREAMS AND CLAWS MY OWN FACE. OMG

So much happened in this chapter and it's like BOOMZ WRECKING BALL IN YO FACE AND BOOMZ WHAT KAI POSSESSED JOONMYUN AND BOOMZ SOO ALMOST DIED BOOMZ WHAT JONGIN HELPED SOO BOOMZ SOO REVIVED BAEK BOOMZ SOO FADED AWAY AND GONE BACK TO THE MOON JUST WHAAAA-

I don't even know what I'm writing anymore /sighs/

I am so sorry if you felt that it escalated quickly /which in my opinion it really escalated quickly/

So... This is the final chapter!

First of all, I would like to apologize for my April's Fool stunt huhuhu I know that many of you have cursed me for pulling such a prank. I know I'm an awful author who takes forever to update and updated once on April's Fool to cheat your feelings. For that, I am terribly sorry huhuhu no hard feelings though >_<

Next chapter is the epilogue~ huhuhu

This has been a loooooong journey for me, and thank you all readers and subscribers for walking this journey along with me, I love all of you as much as Baekhyun and Kyungsoo loves each other.

This is the first story that I've ever gotten more than 200 subbies and over 30 upvotes! Huhuhuhu and I would like to thank you all for that.

I hoped that you've also enjoyed this journey with me!

Thank you for bearing with this incompetent and awful writer right here huhuhu I wonder how could you guys stand my delusional mind and awful writing OTL

Anyway, after this story ended, I would start promoting a new story of mine! I will link it up together with the epilogue chapter, and I hope y'all you support me through that story too!

Please forgive me for any mistakes you found in this chapter cuz I don't really have time to proofread OTL

Love y'all~

Till next update!

Peace Out ^~^¥