Clarity

Icebound
 

clar·i·ty  

 

[klar-i-tee]

 

 

clearness or lucidity as to perception or understanding

 
 
 
Jongin stood in front of his altar and looked at his spell book.
 
He sighed.
 
Years ago, right when he was born, his mother died after giving birth to him. 
 
Before his mother died, his mother screamed out a prophecy. A prophecy for him to be exact.
 
 
"In the time where one breaks free, a heart is lost, while one is gained.
Love is found, passion heated like flames, but the one must be vanquished.
In order for one to succeed,  ancient evil must be called upon from the depths of hell.
The vanquisher shall die while the next kin dies in another.
But only one may live, while the other dies in vain."
 
 
Jongin repeated the words over and over again. What could it mean? 
 
"Hey, are you sure that you want to do this?" Junmyeon asked as he put his hand on his brother's shoulder. Jongin shrugged.
 
"It is my legacy to do this." Jongin said darkly.
 
"But it will chip your soul away, pieces by pieces. And you won't even know what will the Dark Spirits give you in exchange! This is some risky magic Jongin. What if they give you something useless, or worst, something you can't understand?! Won't all the sacrifices be in vain?"
 
"It's the only way. Do we look like we have a choice?" Jongin shouted. Junmyeon looked at his younger brother. The brash, energetic, young man looks tired. Junmyeon almost felt sad that he couldn't share his brother's responsibilities.
 
"I'll wait for you outside. I pray hope that the outcome from this would be good and useful." Junmyeon gave a weak smile.
 
As soon as the door closes, Jongin walked up to his family altar. He can feel dark energies from it, from the various blood sacrifices his family has done in the past.
 
Before the stone altar, there is a stone table with ancient writings carved into it, and on it, a gagged person was bound on. Jongin walked up to the person and removed the gag. 
 
"J-jongin," The person gasped, "how could you..." Jongin could see that the person has been crying. The person looks haggard as he was starved for seven days with nothing to eat and only little water from the purest springs to drink so as to cleanse him for the sacrifice.
 
"I'm sorry." Jongin said apologetically as he looked at the person.
 
"I was your best friend." A tear slipped by his cheeks, which Jongin caught in his fingers.
 
"I am terribly sorry." Jongin said as tears threatened.
 
"Release me if you are, this is not a joke anymore. Release me-"
 
"Crucem ligatum"
 
The person screamed in pain as his limbs were forced and bound into a position as the same when Jesus was crucified on the cross.
 
"Why?" Another tear slipped his eyes. 
 
"I needed a strong blood bond for this sacrifice. And you are the strongest person in my circle." Jongin said quietly.
 
"But there are so many other werewolves out there-"
 
"YOU DON'T GET IT." Jongin shouted as tears slowly flowed down his cheeks.
 
"I need a strong blood BOND. Meaning I have to sacrifice someone of a strong bloodline, and at the same time is precious to me. I have to sacrifice something special to me." Jongin's tears flowed freely as the other bound one cried freely too.
 
"You are special to me, Zitao." Jongin sobbed.
 
"Jongin-"
 
"Ocklaudo"
 
The Zitao's mouth was magically shut, and he couldn't open them. He screamed behind his magical gag as he cried. 
 
"I'm sorry, but I have to do this."
 
Jongin wiped his tears and walked to his altar. On top of it, lay herbs, candles, his athame and his sacrificial tools. He walked over to the herbs first, and picked out some. 
 
Thyme for courage as he pray for Zitao to have the courage to survive his eternal torture with the Dark Spirits, Aloe for healing as he prays for his soul to heal from his betrayal in his human life, Elder for compassion as for the Dark Spirits to treat him better, Fennel for strength, Mugwort for tranquility, Rosemary for remembrance to let Zitao know that he will remember him forever.
 
And lastly, Hyssop for sacrifice.
 
Jongin threw the herbs into the cauldron before muttering a spell to force extraction of the essence of the herbs into a small bowl. He then, took the bowl with a brush and began anointing Zitao's body with the herb essence. He avoided looking directly at Zitao as he is afraid that he might break down.
 
After anointing Zitao's body entirely, Jongin looked up at the ceiling. The ceiling has a hole on it, where when a full moon appears, it could trap and harness energy from the moon for Jongin to channel to it.
 
And when Jongin looked up, he sees a bright full moon.
 
On the table, Zitao trashed in pain, but he was bound tightly, and magically.
 
"It's useless. The beast within you is clawing, desperately trying to get out. But I have bound you, meaning the beast cannot emerge. You will feel the pain of turning, but you couldn't turn." Jongin said softly. Zitao cried silently.
 
"It's time." Jongin said as he walked over to his altar once more. He waved his arms, illuminating all the candles in the room.
 
"Let the ritual begin."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"W-what h-happened?! What is that?! Why is Kyungsoo there?!" Baekhyun exclaimed.
 
"You have to let me in." The doe eyed boy said once more. Baekhyun was confused.
 
"Wha-"
 
"DAMN IT BYUN BAEKHYUN JUST LET ME IN!" The boy shouted. Baekhyun was shocked. How did the other guy know his name when he didn't even know who the other is?
 
"How did you-"
 
"Baek, just let him in." Sehun said. Baekhyun nodded.
 
"Hurry, come on in." Baekhyun said. And almost immediately, the boy flew in.
 
"Phasmatos ribium non agini mo" the boy chanted.
 
"What is he saying?! And is that witchcraft?!" Baekhyun's eyes widened. The boy continued his chant.
 
A ring of blue fire suddenly crackled and appeared to surrounded the boy and Kyungsoo who is in the block of ice. The fire grew hotter and hotter as the boy chanted louder and louder.
 
"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!" Baekhyun slapped himself to make sure that he is not dreaming. And yes, it hurts, meaning that he is not dreaming.
 
"I think I am going to faint." Sehun said as he put a palm on his forehead.
 
The boy suddenly stopped chanting and the fire disappeared.
 
"Damn it." The boy pounded on the ice. Then, suddenly he remembered.
 
"You," the boy pointed at Baekhyun, "come over here." 
 
Baekhyun scratched his head.
 
"M-me?" Baekhyun asked and the boy just nodded.
 
"W-why, I'm scared, are you going to kill me-"
 
"DAMN IT DO YOU WANT TO SAVE KYUNGSOO OR NOT." The boy shouted and Baekhyun squeaked and immediately ran over to the other. 
 
"I don't know how, but I'm sure you've did this before. You were the one that broke him free too." The boy murmured. Baekhyun frowned.
 
"Wha-"
 
"Put your palm on the ice." The boy commanded. Baekhyun frowned, but he hesitantly did it anyway.
 
The ice did not feel cold at all when Baekhyun touched it. It felt warm.
 
Baekhyun felt a familiar sensation course through his veins. He had felt this before. The hot feeling on his palm as light emits from it. Baekhyun's eyes widened as something jolted within his memories.
 
This was what happened back in the cave he fell into.
 
CRACK
 
A huge dent appeared on the ice as light burst from Baekhyun, blinding everyone momentarily in the room.
 
"What's happening?!" Sehun shrieked as he covered his eyes.
 
"I don't know!" Baekhyun screamed in shock.
 
Luhan smiled.
 
"It's working."
 
Slowly, the ice dissipated and Kyungsoo emerged from the ice, sighing softly.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Please don't do this." Zitao said softly with tears streaming down his face.
 
"I am sorry."
 
Jongin used his athame and carved symbols into Zitao's skin. Zitao writhed and screamed as the blade sank into him, drawing blood.
 
"Fire, for the tormented ones." Jongin started with Zitao's left arm, carving symbols of fire. 
 
Then, Jongin goes over to Zitao's right arm, carving symbols of earth. "Earth, the one that suffocates."
 
"Water, one that drowns," Then going to Zitao's right leg carving the symbols of water.
 
Then, Zitao's left leg is decorated with symbols of air, "Air, the one foul breath."
 
Zitao was a crying mess by the time Jongin put all the symbols on him by blade. He was too weak to even scream by then.
 
Zitao's blood, slowly dripped off his arms and legs to the floor, staining it red, and Jongin makes a mental note to clean them up later as Junmyeon always has issues with blood. 
 
"One last one and you'll be free." Jongin whispers. Zitao closed his eyes, await his fate.
 
"Spirit, for which I'm sacrificing to you for power." Jongin chanted as he carved another symbol onto Zitao's forehead.
 
"I hereby ask, no, I hereby DEMAND you for power and wisdom, with this sacrifice of mine. I demand no less than what is given." Jongin said as calmly as he could as he puts down his athame and took the sacrificial spike and hammer from his altar
 
That is the last of all that Zitao heard before Jongin drove that spike through his neck with the hammer, killing him almost instantly.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Kyungsoo! Kyungsoo wake up!"
 
Kyungsoo felt someone slapping his cheeks lightly. He groaned as he slowly flutter his eyes open. The first thing he saw was Luhan's teary doe eyes staring at him before breaking into a smile.
 
"You're safe now!" Luhan cheered as he gave Kyungsoo a bone crushing hug.
 
"Huh? How did I get out?"
 
"Your lover boy rescued you." Luhan slowly let go of Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he saw Baekhyun standing far away from him.
 
"B-baek." Kyungsoo said weakly as he slowly got up to walk towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun took a step back while holding up his arms.
 
"Hold on, s-stay there." Baekhyun said nervously. Kyungsoo frowned.
 
"Baek what's wrong? It's me! Kyungsoo!" Kyungsoo said.
 
"W-what are you?" Baekhyun asked. Kyungsoo sighed.
 
"Go on. It's time for you to tell him anyway." Luhan encouraged. 
 
"And what are you?" Sehun asked Luhan while hiding behind Baekhyun. Luhan rolled his eyes.
 
"I'll let Kyungsoo tell his story first." Luhan crossed his arms. Kyungsoo tried taking a step towards Baekhyun but Baekhyun took a step back again. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.
 
"Please Baek, you were ing my mind out last night and you are afraid of me now? Seriously?" Kyungsoo said out in frustration. Unable to take it anymore, Kyungsoo pointed a finger at Baekhyun.
 
"Eflecto" Kyungsoo withdrew his fingers and Baekhyun took an unwilling step towards Kyungsoo and the sofa in front of Kyungsoo.
 
"W-what's happening?!" Baekhyun shrieked, trying to hold onto Sehun, but Sehun just jumped away from Baekhyun and went to hide behind the couch he was previously crouching on.
 
"Sedent" Kyungsoo pointed down on the sofa before him, and Baekhyun's unwillingly glued itself to it. 
 
Then, Kyungsoo walked slowly and crouched down towards Baekhyun, and looked at him full in the eyes.
 
"I will never ever hurt you my love." Kyungsoo said softly. Baekhyun is shivering from fear, but when Kyungsoo's hand caressed his cheeks, he leaned into it. He could feel the love Kyungsoo is directing towards him. And he could feel the love in his own heart. Slowly, he calmed down from his fear.
 
Seeing that Baekhyun visibly relaxed, Kyungsoo stood up. Sehun is still terrified.
 
"What did you do to him?" Sehun asked in a small voice. Kyungsoo turned and look at him.
 
"I took away his fear and make him remember what he truly felt for me," Kyungsoo winked, "and now, your turn." Kyungsoo pointed at Sehun, and did what he did you Baekhyun. Soon, Sehun found his glued to the seat he was previously hiding behind. Luhan hid his laughter because Kyungsoo forcing two grown man to sit down is really funny.
 
After everything is in place, Kyungsoo walked in front of Baekhyun and Sehun, and he sighed.
 
"Well, let me explain from the very beginning then."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
One thousand three hundred and seventy-five years ago, a nine-tailed fox descended from the moon.
 
The moon had seen the lack of beauty on the mortal plains, thus, she created the most beautiful creature ever lived, and gifted it to earth.
 
However, since the beginning of time, mankind hasn't been kind.
 
Humans, men, they lust for beauty. They are materialistic.
 
One night, deep in the forest, the men hunted the nine-tailed fox down and killed it for its pelt that is as beautiful as the moonlight. The fox was left to die, with it's tails cut off, and furless, on the cold hard ground in the forest.
 
The moon wept. It shone it's light upon the once beautiful creature, and bade it farewell as it's soul moved onto the sacred plains. The Goddess of the Meadows, The Great One, took pity of the beautiful soul, and decided to take the poor fox in.
 
The Goddess nurtured him, taught him kindness, and gave the fox the duties of a spirit guide to help guide poor lost souls like him to the Meadows where they can find eternal peace.
 
However, when the fox spirit was about to turn a thousand, it made it's way back to the mortal plains once more in order to help his mother, the Moon, to establish the duties she once gave the fox. To spread beauty in the mortal plains.
 
The fox went to work under one of the most powerful sorcerer alive at that time, hoping to borrow and learn the powers from the sorcerer to help establish peace in the world, and make it a better place.
 
However, what he doesn't know is that the sorcerer has a darker agenda of his own.
 
The sorcerer made use of the fox's gift and immortality to help him claim colonies. Destruction swept through the land like a plague, and it was all the fox's doing. But he was just working under orders. He was just blinded by love.
 
Just as the last of the powers that could override the sorcerer was defeated, the sorcerer deemed the poor fox spirit as dangerous. He was afraid that the fox would try to rebel against him and steal him of the empire that he has created.
 
Greed, one of the mankind's greatest sin of all, led the sorcerer to believe that the fox is a threat.
 
And threat in his eyes, are meant to be eliminated.
 
However, the fox is immortal, it couldn't be killed unless one has the blood of the Poisoned One. But the Poisoned Ones were all slaughtered in the sorcerer's massacre. 
 
Thus, the sorcerer seeked one of the greatest spell crafter of all time and asked her for a spell.
 
A spell of entombment.
 
With that spell of entombment, the sorcerer trapped the fox spirit, and cursed him to live a life worst than death.
 
The fox was heart broken, he was betrayed.
 
He cried all day and night to the moon, but the moon could no longer talk to him as he was kept deep inside the mountain where the moon's comforting rays could not reach him.
 
He was trapped there for three centuries.
 
Then, one day came. A miracle fell from the sky. 
 
A Radiant One stumbled into the cavern by accident and released the fox spirit from its eternal torture.
 
The fox began to run as the spell casted by the sorcerer was relentless. 
 
The sorcerer had made his spell take the form as a cat, in taunting as the fox had always hated feline creatures. He has a phobia for them.
 
And before long, the fox was saved by a man. The very man that released him from his entombment. The Radiant One.
 
The man that taught him to love again.
 
The man that gave him hope. 
 
The man that is his salvation.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"And I am the fox." Kyungsoo said as he finished his old wife's tale.
 
Sehun was wiping a stray tear from his eyes.
 
"Oh Kyungsoo, you poor thing." Sehun said as he jumped from his seat and embraced Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo chuckled. He hadn't expect the other to be so emotional over his life story. Sehun turned to Luhan suddenly.
 
"Are you a fox too?" Sehun asked. Luhan chuckled and shook his head.
 
"I am a deer." Luhan said as he slowly revealed his ancient antlers, causing Sehun to jump back in shock. Luhan chuckled at Sehun's reaction. Sehun just slowly reached out and touched the antlers.
 
"Woah," Sehun's said, "I'm not dreaming am I? All these, spirits, sorcerers, everything...they are real? Woah Baek! They are real! This is one of the greatest of our discoveries ever!"
 
All this while, Baekhyun just sat there, shocked.
 
"You said that I am your salvation. What does it mean?" Baekhyun asked quietly. All eyes were on him. Luhan sighed.
 
"It is because you are not a human."
 
Silence swept through the entire living room.
 
"If I'm not a human, then what am I?"
 
"You are a Radiant One." Luhan answered.
 
Baekhyun looked at his palms. The haunting symbol, etched into his skin.
 
"What is this?" Baekhyun asked quietly as he showed the others the symbol.
 
"It is the symbol for the Coven of Light." Kyungsoo answer softly. Baekhyun began trembling.
 
"What is the meaning of all these? What role do I play in your eternal curse?" Baekhyun asked shakily. Kyungsoo reached out a hand to comfort Baekhyun, but Baekhyun shrunk away from Kyungsoo's touch. Kyungsoo looked over at Luhan for help. Sighing, Luhan began explaining.
 
"The curse, the cat, the spell, whatever it was, it is a manifestation of a very dark and ancient magic. It could be said to be pulled out from hell itself. It is dark and evil. And you," Luhan pointed at Baekhyun, "are a Radiant One. You are protected by Holy Spirits. You know, holy, spiritual, yeah. In your presence, the spell could not work because of the presence of the Holy Spirits around you. It suppresses the spell and keeps it at bay."
 
"So Kyungsoo approached me and claim to love me because I am just a tool to end his eternal torture?" Baekhyun asked pointedly. 
 
"No! I love you Baek!" Kyungsoo said frantically.
 
"My whole life is a lie." Baekhyun said softly as tears slipped. Kyungsoo immediately went over and hug Baekhyun.
 
"No it isn't." Kyungsoo said comfortingly.
 
"I should have died it that fire with my parents." Baekhyun said softly.
 
Everyone in the room froze.
 
"Baek-"
 
"Why are you only telling me this now?" Baekhyun asked, looking at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo felt the ability of speech leave him. He had not expected Baekhyun to break down like this. 
 
Panicking, Kyungsoo had no choice but to use his powers to calm Baekhyun down.
 
"Baekhyun, I want you to listen to me very carefully." Kyungsoo said, looking straight into Baekhyun's eyes. Mesmer, Kyungsoo casted a silent charm.
 
"You are my love. The love of my life. Your parents dying is not your fault. Your simple existence is the bane to the curse that has been haunting me. So don't you for a second get to thinking that you shouldn't be alive." Kyungsoo said. Baekhyun visibly relaxed as Kyungsoo finished.
 
"I love you." Baekhyun said softly.
 
"And I, you." Kyungsoo smiled before leaning down and capturing Baekhyun's lips, giving him a light kiss before pulling back to look at Baekhyun.
 
"I could erase your memories if you want. We can pretend that this never happened. We can lived normally again." Kyungsoo said sincerely, but Baekhyun shook his head.
 
"No, I want to remember this." Baekhyun said firmly.
 
"Are you sure?" Kyungsoo asked.
 
"I am." Baekhyun nodded.
 
"I will be here to protect you, no matter what."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
As soon as the spike went through Zitao's neck, the boy slumped. 
 
He is dead.
 
Jongin breathed hard as he tried to calm his nerves. 
 
His hands shook as he slowly pulled out the bloody spike and placed it back on his altar.
 
There is no sign. No sign yet.
 
"I demand power and wisdom. NOW!" Jongin screamed. 
 
He felt something clicked in him. Something he hasn't felt before.
 
A pull.
 
Jongin gasped as he fell to the floor. He couldn't breathe.
 
He could see on the stone table where Zitao's body was, a spans of dark energy clouded over the body. Zitao's stomach slowly opened up a black hole, and a hand clawed it's way out from Zitao's insides.
 
Jongin scrambled back, backing into a corner in fear.
 
Then, the hand pushed against the table, and an unholy being came crawling out of Zitao's dead body. The dark figure stood up, and floated down from the table slowly.
 
"You've asked, I've come." 
 
A soft silky voice sounded out as the dark figure stepped into the light.
 
Jongin's eyes widened in terror.
 
"W-who are you?" Jongin said shakily as he looked at the man before him. The man is certainly not human.
 
It has the looks of Jongin, they could have passed off as identical twins. But the only difference between them is that dark mist replaced the man's legs, and the man is floating.
 
"My name is Kai."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kai floated around Jongin examining him. They are identical.
 
"So I see that you are my doppelgänger. Interesting." Kai said. 
 
Jongin was shivering. From fear and from cold.
 
Since Kai's arrival, the temperature in the room had dropped a lot.
 
"Y-you are the Greatest Kai? The one that died in 1692 when a Radiant One outed you to the witch trial council?" Jongin asked nervously. He is well versed in his own family history, and even the dumbest in his family knew Kai, the Great, the Master of Evil, who destroyed many colonies back in his days, and the first ever in history who sealed away an immortal.
 
"Does that comes as a surprise?" Kai spoke in mockery.
 
"N-no my lord." Jongin bowed nervously. Kai smirked.
 
"Well, you have summoned me from my suffering in hell, so you must have needed a great deal from me. So let's get down to business shall we?" Kai said and Jongin nodded.
 
"It has been released." Jongin said. Kai looked unamused.
 
"I already knew. I watched as he broke free from my curse. That relentless ."
 
"I need help to find a way to put him down." Jongin said earnestly. Kai looked at the young one. He seemed very much like he was back in the 1600s. 
 
"You can put him down." Kai said. Jongin raised his brows.
 
"But he is immortal-"
 
"There is a way to kill him forever." Kai said to much boredom. Jongin was taken aback totally. Kai seemed amused by Jongin's reaction. Thus, he decided to let the cat out of the bag.
 
"But first, you will have to find me the Poisoned One."
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
A Cup of Sunshine
 
Firstly, I apologise that from this chapter on, there would be no more posters as I have no time to make them D: and also, I felt that I at making them,so.... Yea...
 
JENG JENG JENG HERE COMES KAI! But he's not a human...is he? I mean...isn't he dead? 
 
Sorry for taking so long to update, school's a .
 
This chapter right? It prolly is one of the iest I've wrote for this story :/
 
So....another cliffhanger mwahahah what is a Poisoned One? A food? Trash? Junk? Rancid stuff? NAHHHH I'M NOT GONNA TELL YOU~ anyway there was a hint in this chapter about the Poisoned One MWAHAHAHA did you catch it? If you didn't...you'll find out soon ;)
 
Okay, anyway, sorry for this chapter, I didn't have time to put much effort into it :/
 
I apologise for any grammatical/vocabulary error or any errors in general >\\\<
 
Forgive me ne? /bbuing bbuing/
 
Love you guys, do subscribe, upvote AND COMMENT I love comments as it makes me improve on my writing.
 
Till next update~
 
PEACEOUT [#_#]¥