Danger

Icebound
 
 

dan·ger  

 

[deyn-jer] 

 

 

an instance or cause of peril; menace

 
 
 
"Is this the place?"
 
The hooded figure asked the other. The other laid his palm on the stone walls, feeling a vibration.
 
"I think it is. It should be, Junmyeon hyung." The other replied.
 
"We should still double check shouldn't we? Jongin." The figure named Junmyeon replied. 
 
"Yes we should. After all, it's been three centuries since our family abandoned this place." Jongin replied.
 
The two figures moved to the mouth of the cave and stood facing each other. They held hands, forming a link with each other, before closing their eyes.
 
It was silent for a moment, before the wind around them picked up speed. They held their breaths as they felt power surge through them. They broke their link and the winds died down immediately.
 
"This is the spot Jongin." Junmyeon said.
 
"Let's enter then." Jongin said. 
 
The pair made their way into the dark cavern. Junmyeon waved his left hand in the air, drawing a circle, causing a ring of light to appear. 
 
"Smart." Jongin smirked.
 
"Shut up." Junmyeon said, smacking his younger brother's head.
 
The two of them walked in silence. The only sound heard is the sound of their boots clicking against the ground. 
 
It took about thirty minutes before they reached a rock wall.
 
"Seriously? A dead end?" Jongin exclaimed. Junmyeon put up a finger to hush Jongin.
 
"Shut up you dumbo, the sacred place is of course hidden from plain sight. If everyone can see it, it would have been long discovered won't it?" Junmyeon scolded.
 
"How should we get through then?" Jongin asked haughtily. 
 
Junmyeon ignored his younger brother and immediately began searching for signs of magic around the piece of rock. Unlike his brother, Junmyeon is a calm and collected person. He thinks before he acts, but sometimes, he overthink things. Jongin on the other hand is a rash and brash young man who dives into situations without thinking about the consequences.
 
Junmyeon stood a few feet away from the rock and held out his right hand. He grunted as he pulled onto something in the mid air.
 
"Found ya~" Junmyeon said in a sing-song tone. He tug on something invisible, and soon, inscriptions appeared on the rock. 
 
"What does it says?" Jongin asked. 
 
Junmyeon waved his hands to make the ring of light float towards the inscriptions so that he could read them.
 
"I open when I was sated." Junmyeon read aloud. 
 
Jongin gave an understanding smirk.
 
"I see. Well~ here goes." Without warning, Jongin flashed out his athame and sliced his left palm. Junmyeon stood, shocked.
 
"What are you doing?!" Junmyeon exclaimed.
 
"Feeding it, this thing needs to be fed." Jongin smirked as he wiped his blood onto the rock. 
 
As soon as the blood smeared the rock, a rumbling sound could be heard, as the rock wall slowly sank into the ground.
 
"Told ya~" Jongin said. Junmyeon rolled his eyes.
 
"You don't have to be so reckless." Junmyeon scolded.
 
"Well, it's not like you're gonna do it." Jongin retaliated. 
 
Junmyeon walked over to his brother and held his bleeding hand. He closed his eyes as he caressed the bleeding hand in between his own. A surge of pale green light emitted from Junmyeon's palm, and Jongin felt a cool pulling sensation at the part where he cut. Slowly, his wounds closed up. It was as if that his hand were as good as new.
 
"Well thanks bro, I could never pull off a healing spell as good as you." Jongin smirked. In their family, healing were not their forte. It is their destiny to destroy.
 
However, Junmyeon had a soft side to him. He hates leaving things in ruins, thus he would always mend the things that Jongin destroyed. Like a balance. 
 
"Shut up, let's go." Junmyeon said as he walked into the revealed cavern.
 
Inside the cavern, musty smell assaulted their nose. The place dark and the ceilings are tall.
 
"Ewwwww it smells like wet dogs in here." Jongin complained. 
 
Junmyeon ignored his younger brother. He waved both his hands in the air, causing the ring of light to expand through the cavern, illuminating it. Once he deems it's bright enough, Junmyeon looked around the cavern for signs. He saw something sparkle at his feet.
 
Bending down, he picked up a shard and showed it to Jongin.
 
"Never melt ice." Junmyeon said grimly. Jongin's facial expression turned deadly.
 
"He has broken free." Junmyeon stated the obvious. Jongin cracked his fingers.
 
"It's alright. We will hunt him down."
 
Outside the cavern, a heavy snow storm ensued, and thunder rolled off the skies.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo woke up snuggling to Baekhyun's chest. He blushed from the activities from the day before.
 
Baekhyun's arms, strong and warm around him, hugging him tight. Baekhyun's legs, wrapped protectively around Kyungsoo's lower half like a koala bear. 
 
Baekhyun is glowing. Kyungsoo slowly reached up and caressed Baekhyun's face. It felt warm with a tingling sensation. This time, Kyungsoo wasn't thrown away by the light. Maybe it is due to the fact that Baekhyun is hugging him tightly, proving to the holy spirits that Kyungsoo is harmless.
 
Baekhyun is really beautiful. He is shining brighter than the morning sun, radiating warmth. He is Kyungsoo's source of warmth, and Kyungsoo doesn't want any other to provide him with this. He is contented and happy to have Baekhyun and only Baekhyun.
 
Slowly, the glow on Baekhyun's skin dimmed as Baekhyun began to stir from his sleep.
 
"You're up early." Baekhyun whispered with his eyes closed. The glow on his skin dimmed to nothing as he slowly opened his eyes. Kyungsoo smiled.
 
"You should wake up." Kyungsoo said softly, pressing his forehead against Baekhyun's. Baekhyun frowned.
 
"Where is my morning kiss?" Baekhyun asked as he pursed his lips together. Kyungsoo chuckled as he leaned up to peck Baekhyun on the lips. 
 
"Now that's better." Baekhyun smiled. Kyungsoo blushed.
 
"Alright, release me now, I have to go make breakfast." Kyungsoo made a move, but Baekhyun only hugged Kyungsoo tighter to himself.
 
"Don't go." Baekhyun begged. Kyungsoo laughed.
 
"Come on Baek, I have to make breakfast and you have to work! Don't you have a lecture today at Ehwa University?" Kyungsoo said as he pinched Baekhyun's cheeks lightly.
 
"But I want to cuddle~" Baekhyun whined. 
 
"Come on, don't be a kid." Kyungsoo poked Baekhyun's cheeks. Baekhyun smirked.
 
"If you don't want me to be a kid, are you asking for a round two?" Baekhyun wriggled his brows suggestively. 
 
"Oh stop! You have to work, and you're going to be late!" Kyungsoo laughed.
 
Baekhyun suddenly flipped Kyungsoo on the bed and Baekhyun lay on top of Kyungsoo and stared right into his eyes. Baekhyun bent down and kissed Kyungsoo deeply. Kyungsoo opened his mouth and Baekhyun immediately ravished Kyungsoo.
 
Then, the doorbell rang.
 
Baekhyun pulled back groaning.
 
"God damn it. Who's that?!" Baekhyun complained as he stood up. Kyungsoo just lay on the bed and laughed.
 
"You better get that, or I doubt that the person would just go away." Kyungsoo giggled. Baekhyun rolled his eyes. Putting on his warm coat and wearing nothing underneath the coat, he walked out of the room.
 
Opening the door to his house, Baekhyun came face to face with his assistant.
 
"Sehun, what the ?" Baekhyun groaned. Sehun smirked.
 
"Ooh, boss, you have company?" Sehun cocked up his brows. Baekhyun facepalmed himself.
 
"Is she pretty?" Sehun asked as he pushed past Baekhyun and walked into the house. Baekhyun silently cursed Sehun to death.
 
"Baek, who is that?" Kyungsoo's sweet voice called out as he made his way down the stairs in Baekhyun's t-shirt from the day before.
 
Baekhyun and Sehun turned towards the voice and saw Kyungsoo. Sehun's eyes widened.
 
Kyungsoo wore his underwear and Baekhyun's shirt which is oversized, causing it to slip down at his shoulders. Baekhyun and Sehun almost nosebleed.
 
"H-hi," Sehun stuttered, "can I have a second with my boss?"
 
"Sure, go ahead. I should get dressed too." Kyungsoo smiled before retreating back up stairs. Sehun immediately went and punch his boss's shoulder lightly.
 
"Dude! I didn't know you dig beautiful asses!" Sehun chuckled.
 
"Sehun please-"
 
"He's hot. Very pretty too. So did you top or did he top?" Sehun smirked. Baekhyun blushed.
 
"Shut up Oh Sehun. What are you doing here?!" Baekhyun asked. Sehun just shrugged.
 
"I'm on leave today, and I miss my boss. And also, I'm here to pass you some documents on behalf of Chanyeol as he is busy today." Sehun smirked as he passed Baekhyun some documents. 
 
"Alright, your job here is done, so now go!" Baekhyun said.
 
"I'm making breakfast, Baek, is your colleague staying for breakfast?" Kyungsoo shouted as he walked down the stairs, properly dressed this time.
 
"Yes!"
 
"No!"
 
Baekhyun and Sehun said at the same time. Baekhyun looked at Sehun who gave him a sly smile before face-palming himself.
 
No way.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"So, basically, Baekhyun saved your homeless from the streets and you have been staying here for four months and Baekhyun hid you in the house like you are his illegitimate mistress, and you have with him every night to repay his kindness and hospitality, did I get it all right?" Sehun asked between mouthful of pancakes. 
 
Kyungsoo choked on the milk he was drinking by Sehun's bluntness, and Baekhyun glared at Sehun as if saying "be nice you little piece of " while patting Kyungsoo's back to calm him down.
 
"Well, I wasn't expecting you to put it like that, but, I guess you are kind of right. Except for the part, no." Kyungsoo said in a small voice after he caught his breath.
 
"Don't mind Sehun, he's rude."
 
"Hey I'm not-"
 
"Anyway, don't you have somewhere to go?" Baekhyun gave Sehun the eye to signal him something. But Sehun ignored him.
 
"Oh I have no ride. My ride abandoned me, so maybe you could drop me off near our office area after breakfast?" Sehun said with blings in his eyes. Baekhyun slapped himself, please let him be dreaming.
 
"Oh poor you, Baek, you should really give him a ride, it is such a cold morning after all." Kyungsoo squeezed Baekhyun's hand underneath the table to give him encouragement. Baekhyun sighed.
 
"Fine. I'll just go bathe first or something." Baekhyun said, rolling his eyes.
 
"Perfect!" Sehun clapped his hands, "chop chop, I'm late for my daily caffeine dose." Sehun stood up and dumped his dishes into the sink. 
 
Baekhyun blew his hair out of his eyes in frustration as Kyungsoo smiled at Baekhyun's cuteness.
 
Oh Sehun is really one hell of an assistant.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When Baekhyun was bathing, Sehun took the liberty to get to know Kyungsoo better.
 
"How old are you again?"
 
"I turned twenty-three yesterday." Kyungsoo lied.
 
"Ooh! Happy belated birthday!"
 
"Thank you."
 
"So what do you work as."
 
"I..."
 
"You are unemployed?"
 
"Well, Baekhyun sort of makes me take care of his house."
 
"Wow, you really are like his mistress slash maid."
 
"Well-"
 
"Is Baekhyun good in bed?"
 
"..."
 
Kyungsoo blushed at that and Sehun gave an understanding smirk.
 
"So he's good huh?"
 
"..."
 
Kyungsoo felt his tongue-tied. How could this....person that is younger than him by more than a thousand years manage to make him blush like a kid?
 
"It's okay, I understand. s." Sehun smirked.
 
"I wasn't a when I met Baekhyun." Kyungsoo blurted out. Sehun's smirk grew wider.
 
"Would you look at that!" Sehun said. Kyungsoo blushed once more.
 
"So did he top you or did you top-"
 
"OH SEHUN IF ONE MORE WORD COMES OUT FROM YOUR MOUTH, I WILL FIRE YOU." Baekhyun shouted as he clambered down the stairs in his working clothes. Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun and damn, Baekhyun looks hot in long sleeves.
 
"It's fine Baek, he isn't bothering me much." Kyungsoo smiled. 
 
"Hear hear, I began liking Kyungsoo already. He's so kind, unlike you!" Sehun stuck out his tongue at Baekhyun.
 
"Ughhhh you're annoying! Let's just go." Baekhyun said. He walked over to Kyungsoo and kissed him on the lips.
 
"I'll see you tonight, babe." Baekhyun smirked, and Kyungsoo blushed, before walking out of the house.
 
"Bye Soo hyung!" Sehun chirped as he walked after Baekhyun.
 
Kyungsoo waved goodbye to them, before closing the door once more.
 
Well... Sehun seems...nice?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Luhan was standing outside the house, on top of a tree when he saw a young man knocking on their doors.
 
He was curious on who it was, and so he decided to stalk closer.
 
The man turned around and they made eye contact for a moment, before the man turned away. 
 
Luhan felt his breath shortening and heart beat quickening. 
 
What is this feeling?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Oh Baek look! A cute little kitty!" Sehun said as they made their way into Baekhyun's car. 
 
"Hi kitty kitty! You must be so cold out here!" Sehun cooed when he rubbed the cat's head. The cat mewled softly and leaned into Sehun's touch, it's eyes seems to be pleading to let him in. Baekhyun chuckled. When Baekhyun tried to the cat, the cat shrank away and gave him a hissed.
 
"He doesn't like you much." Sehun smirked.
 
"Why don't you keep it?" Baekhyun asked. Sehun pouted.
 
"I would if I could, but I'm heading out now... Ah!" Sehun snapped his fingers.
 
"Why not I leave him at your house? Then I'll come collect him later!" Sehun said excitedly. Baekhyun shook his head, but Sehun kept giving him the puppy look.
 
"Please, it's so cold out here! Poor kitty is homeless, I feel so bad for it..." Sehun pouted. Baekhyun facepalmed himself for the nth time that morning.
 
"Fine, I'll ask Kyungsoo to give him some milk." Baekhyun shrugged as he opened the living room door.
 
"Come on in little kitty." 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Luhan spied the cat from the tree. Just when he was about to jump down and eliminate it before Baekhyun saw it, the other young man came and pet it.
 
Luhan used his supernatural hearing and heard that Baekhyun is going to let the cat in as it was too cold outside.
 
"No!" Luhan shouted, but no one could hear him as he had casted the anti-detection charm on himself.
 
He watched in horror when he saw the cat took it's first experimental step into the house.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Kyungsoo was cleaning the stove when the telephone rang. Wiping his wet hands on the kitchen towel, he went to the living room and picked it up.
 
"Hello~ Byun's resident! Mr Byun is currently out at the moment, how may I help you?" Kyungsoo spoke into the receiver. He heard a chuckle at the end of the other line.
 
"Hey babe, I didn't know you speak like that." Kyungsoo blushed hearing Baekhyun's tease.
 
"S-shut up! What is it? Miss me already?" Kyungsoo smiled to himself.
 
"A little, anyway, I want to give you a little heads up." Baekhyun chuckled lightly.
 
"What is it?"
 
"Well, you seems to be kind of lonely being alone in the house, thus I decided to let a cat in to accompany you. He is really pretty with the white fur and all, and it was cold outside. I just hope that you are not allergic or anything-"
 
"Wait what?!"
 
"I've let a cat in, to keep you company."
 
Kyungsoo froze. A cat? Suddenly he felt chills on his back.
 
He slowly turned around and saw the white cat standing there with frost slowly emitting from it. No way.
 
"Soo?"
 
"Erm Baek... I... gotta go." Kyungsoo trailed off. 
 
"Okay, bye love, see you tonight!" 
 
Click.
 
Kyungsoo dropped the receiver .
 
"Vacivus!" Kyungsoo screamed. A vacuum hole opened up in the air and the cat in, but then the cat blew air at the hole, turning it to ice before smashing it and leaping at Kyungsoo.
 
Kyungsoo jumped away from the cat.
 
"Repellendos!" Kyungsoo shot a magic wave and the cat flew and slammed into the wall. The cat recovered quickly and charged at him again, shooting ice spikes at him. Kyungsoo dodged all of them, but one scratched his cheek.
 
"Calcificum!" Kyungsoo threw a lance-like object at the cat, and as the lance hit the cat, the cat slowly turned to stone. Kyungsoo huffed for a second, thinking that he has defeated the spell, but seconds later, the fossilize cat exploded and a new cat emerged.
 
"Pesky little thing, Erat!" Kyungsoo launched a ball of crackling electric at the cat and watched it disintegrate slowly.
 
Kyungsoo ran upstairs, hoping to escape from the window, but then, suddenly, another cat appear in front of him.
 
"Insidiae!" A bubble shot out and trapped the cat as Kyungsoo ran back down stairs. Below the steps, ten other cats were waiting.
 
Kyungsoo shivered in fear, he hasn't been overpowered like this before. Kyungsoo hissed when the cat from the top of the stairs slammed into him, causing him to roll down the stairs. He clutched his ankle as he felt that he has broke it.
 
He looked up at the advancing cats in fear as he screamed every single spell he remembered at them, causing some to melt away, some to fly away and some to vanish into thin air, but it is just not enough.
 
Within matters of seconds, Do Kyungsoo became the boy in ice again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"NO!" Luhan screamed as he banged the door. He managed to slam it open, but he could not enter as he wasn't invited in.
 
He could see Kyungsoo sitting inside the ice with his eyes closed as if in pain.
 
"Delandé!" Luhan shot a huge ball of blue fire, but the flames distinguished the moment it enter the house. None of his spells could work from outside as he wasn't invited in.
 
"I've failed you." Luhan cried in angst as he punched the ground.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"Oh Baek! I've forgotten my cellphone at your house! Can you drive me back and get it?" Sehun asked. Baekhyun rolled his eyes.
 
"You are such a troublesome little brat you know?" Baekhyun scolded.
 
"Well, at least you'll get to see your y mistress again." Sehun said, wriggling his brows, and earning a smack on his head.
 
Baekhyun turned around and drove back to his house.
 
As the car went into the driveway, Baekhyun spied his doors opened and a boy crying outside.
 
"Hey, what happened?!" Baekhyun said in shock as he ran out of the car. 
 
"Who are you? What are you doing here-"
 
"YOU HAVE TO INVITE ME IN." The boy shouted as he suddenly grabbed Baekhyun's arm.
 
"Hey-"
 
"It's your fault! All your fault! If only you haven't invited the cat into your house, none of this would have happened!"
 
"What-"
 
"Kyungsoo..."
 
"What happened to Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun panicked. Behind him, Sehun's eyes widened as he pointed into the house.
 
"B-baek..." Sehun stuttered.
 
Baekhyun followed Sehun's line of vision and got the shock of his life.
 
There it is, Kyungsoo frozen in ice.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
"There is some reaction from the spell!" Jongin shouted as he jolted up from his nap. He felt a cold pulling sensation. All the sorcerers from the Kims have this mechanism built in them to feel it when the spell has some reactions.
 
"I know, the spell must have trapped him once more." Junmyeon smiled. Jongin slowly walked to the world map where they laid out over the table just in case they needed to scry for someone.
 
"Let's find out where it is shall we?" Jongin said as he took out a golden needle from a compartment on the table.
 
With it, he pricked his forefinger, and then he squeezed a single drop of blood onto the map. Junmyeon went over and held hands with Jongin. They closed their eyes before chanting.
 
"Phastmatos rysimuz nin agin et invenietis locant"
 
The drop of blood began moving on the map and slowly, it came to a stop at a certain spot.
 
"He is at Bucheon state."
 
.....
 
.....
 
.....
 
...
 
...
 
...
 
.
 
.
 
.
 
A Cup of Sunshine
 
Hey guys! I'm so sorry that I took so long to update, as I've been writing a new longshot called "Angels" you can click on the hyperlink to go to the story. Do check it out if you want hehehehe
 
So...cliffhanger(?) oops Baekhyun is shock! Mwahahahahaha
 
I've decided the place to be Bucheon state as it was where Baekhyun's family lived yeah yeah~
 
And school started OTL meaning I'll have lesser time to update as I have to work hard to maintain my near perfect GPA (not to show off or anything, but it's 3.909) and plus this semester's modules are crazy (try having statistic and advance organic chemistry at the same time).
 
Anyway, sorry for any grammatical/vocabulary errors or any errors in general, I love you all!
 
New readers, please do comment to let me know if I need to improve on anything, and please do subscribe, and people who actually likes this story, feel free to upvote! I love you guys~ 
 
Till next update~
 
PEACE OUT! (^~^)v