Iapetus

Noblesse Oblige
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Iapetus 

Titan of mortality.

Words cannot describe the darkness I faced the next two weeks. I didn't even remember the actual moments of my so called trip to the vet. Miyoung lived, but would remain blind until her death. That was the outcome. When my mother heard about what happened- Kai called her for I wasn't able to speak coherent words, she rushed over to us. I had no idea how to explain what happened and I wouldn't. My best friend, my companion was wounded and it was all because some sick person liked to make me hurt until I would give up on life. I sighed and looked at Miyoung, who was sleeping right now.

I hadn't been to school in a week, at first and didn't receive any letters whatsoever. A week? "No..." I whispered. Two weeks. I needed to go back tomorrow, or I would be in trouble. But what would happen if I let her alone once more? Would NYF take her life without any hesitation? I didn't know. If he wanted to, he could have done it a long time ago. This wasn't about my dog's life. It was about us. The two of us. That connection, I was oblivious to it. But NYF wasn't. I wasn't even responding to Kai or Sehun's messages. I had been all alone the last two weeks- ignoring my mother's worried questions about what happened earlier.

Now, I was sitting once again in Hyunseung's office, trying to explain what happened. "So, that's why..." I whispered and bit on my lip. "I did make all my homework and I sent it to Mr. Choi. Not a day late." It was the last thing that could save my being. Every time I wanted to show Hyunseung that I was stable, something like this happened and I was bound to his office for another couple of weeks.

"Ah, yes." Hyunseung nodded and took some notes. "Mr. Choi did mention that. He seems pretty fond of you. You keep your grades high and don't cause any trouble at school. Then what's the matter? When I look into your eyes, all I can see is..." Hyunseung stood up when he heard the bell ring and grabbed my coat. He handed it over to me and realized our session was over. Unlike any other session, this took place before school started. He wanted to see me this urgently. I hadn't seen any of my classmates in two weeks. All I could hope for was that there wouldn't be a black envelop underneath my desk. "All I can see is...despair. Nothing more, nothing less."

Well, he was right about one thing. My skin was drenched with despair. It was as if I knew nothing else anymore. When I left his office and spotted the door of my classroom, all I could breathe was loathing and every step that brought me closer to it, made me realize that I had witnessed a silence before one big storm. This had only been part one- and I knew that whatever NYF wanted to do- it could end of as a trilogy. The madness would never stop. Not until I gave in. And I was about to. I was sure as hell about to.

 

There was a black envelop, but I wasn't going to open it right now. No. I was going to enjoy this lesson of math and be active in class. People never really noticed that I had been gone. Only Kai would often look over his shoulder at me and give me worried looks. I never looked back. This was me and math. Nothing else. I didn't even notice the unfamiliar person sitting next to me. Was he new? I didn't know. The only thing I could confirm was that he wasn't wearing any kind of uniform and that his clothes were quite edgy. I had never seen a style like his- but the person was sleeping on his desk and never really cared to pay any form of attention to class.

When class was over and the room was empty- Mr. Choi walked over to me and placed his hands on my desk. "There you are. Is everything alright? I was thinking of maybe contacting you because... Are you sick?" He pinched his eyes together and stepped back a bit. I just simply shook my head and shrugged. "An accident happened, but I'm okay now. I know what to do." I simply smiled. "I'm going to face my problems and deal with them." That what I said and Mr. Choi understood it in his own way.

Lunch time and Mr. Choi left the room. It was only me and this black envelop. Did I really have to read it? The last one? I wasn't so sure, but I opened it anyways. Maybe it was a mistake. Maybe not. But my eyes read the words without showing any form of regret and then I just simply folded the note and put it in my back. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter