Menoetius

Noblesse Oblige
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Menoetius

Titan of violent anger, rash action, and human mortality 

Sehun inhaled deeply and closed his eyes. He was standing next to me by the school gate and had lit a cigarette before taking on his relaxed pose. I was staring at his face, that seemingly spotless skin and grinned softly. “You don’t really have to keep me company. He’ll be here soon.” Sehun exhaled the smoke, making sure it wouldn’t get in my direction as his eyes drifted to me. He smiled and shrugged.

“It’s no biggie. Besides, I don’t really feel like going home already. My parents aren’t even home this week. I can practically do whatever I want,” he winked and threw his cigarette on the ground, stepping on it to make sure it wouldn’t burn. Sometimes I forgot Sehun came from a really wealthy family. His parents were out and about and as an only child, he was very independent. “I don’t even understand why I came to school today. The janitor has been eying me ever since last week.”

“Yeah, me too.” I replied and felt a shiver racing down my spine. “He’s making sure we won’t tell. But I don’t even know what there is-” Suddenly someone patted my back and the both of us were startled because the topic of our conversation made us wary in the first place. “God!” I yelled and turned around- looking at Kai. He gave me a grin and showed me his bag. He said he lost his bag during the day and had been looking for it for maybe half an hour or longer.

“You really didn’t have to wait for me, Luhan.” Kai said. “Makes me feel guilty.” I really had no idea whether he had expected me to wait for him or not. I was a very loyal person and waiting for someone to return did make me feel like a puppy- but I had no idea what to do with our temporary friendship. He said he wanted to finish our story after school and go to his place.

“Okay, with that I’m off. I have to be somewhere else too- now that I think about it,” Sehun said mostly to himself and turned around, raising his hand and waving. “See you tomorrow.” And with that he took off, turning around the block leaving the two of us standing here. Kai’s cheeks were still a bit red, looking as if he had run really fast to get here. His hand was softly shaking.

“So, we were going to your place?” I asked Kai while following him down the street, but he shook his head. He carried his bag on his back and shrugged. “I was thinking, we can still finish our story tomorrow, can’t we? I want to just hang a bit, if that’s okay with you.” Kai turned around to look at me and bit on his lip.

“Okay,” I didn’t even know what to say. He seemed rather upset. But somehow our trip ended at the mall. He stopped walking and looked at me. “Let’s just have some fun, okay? I feel like…” he sighed and turned a smile on his face eventually. “Are you in?”

I didn’t know what came over me but the fact that he even wanted to hang out with me in the mall made me feel strange. This act of kindness was fairly new to me. I couldn’t help but think that there was something more to this, but suppressed that thought. I couldn’t imagine him being like the rest of my class. He seemed way too calm for it. His eyes weren’t hateful.

 

“It’s stupid, our uniforms.” Kai said and while holding a sweater in his hands. “This is so awesome. Why can’t we wear these things at school?” It was a light blue sweater with ice crystals on it and little bears. It reminded me of Christmas and snow. “Look there’s two different colors,” he grabbed the red one and threw it at me. I caught it and realized the fabric was really soft.

“Let’s try these on,” he grinned and walked towards the fitting cabins. I chuckled and went inside one, taking off my coat, blazer and shirt. The word on my arm had healed, but the scar tissue was horrifying. It reminded me of the monster that made me do it. I was aware of this cruel fate of mine and highly doubted the fact that NYF would give himself away that easily.

Someone tucked on the curtain. It was Kai. However, I didn’t move an inch and kept staring at myself in the mirror. I kept looking myself in the eye, imagining hating myself so much- I could do the same thing NYF did. Why did he hurt me? Why did everyone hurt me like that? Was there something written on my forehe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter