Styx

Noblesse Oblige
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Styx Titan of the Underworld river Styx. Personification of hatred.    

 

 

The pile of misery that had now taken my form again was brought back to the land of the living. A soft knock awakened me. Back to reality. I was lying on the cold restroom floor, hidden away inside a cabin. This felt so strange, to be hearing common sounds again- other than my own shrieks and moans. I couldn't respond. Whoever was standing there, wanting to get inside this cabin had to go away.

But the knocking never stopped. No. It got worse- the poltergeist that kept haunting me was driving me towards insanity if I did not let him in. "No..." I shuddered and felt the strong, bitter taste of puke on the back of my mouth. "Go away..." Was I even speaking my language? Was this even really happening? I had no idea. The only thing I was sure of was that the knocking sounds did stop. Silence returned to my being, broken by my heavy breathing.

Then it happened.

The lock unlocked itself. The door started to make sounds as if it was shrieking in pain and it  just flew open. I looked up, eyes burning from the salty tears. No one was there. Not a single living...

And then I heard footsteps, walking from the entrance towards my cabin. I couldn't have imagined what I saw in front of my eyes right now. It took a while to finally face reality and dig into my memories. I knew. I saw his face countless times. On the internet, on the news, printed on posters that after all this time had already decayed. Yes. This person. He couldn't even be here.

He kneeled in front of me and placed his stone cold hands on my shoulders. It felt as if he was pressing the weight of the world onto my being. I exhaled, trying to end this hallucination, but nothing could take the guy's presence away.

Nothing could take the fact that Xiumin was here away.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A point frozen in time made our eyes meet. He looked exactly like people thought of him in the present day: dead. His bones almost cut his own skin from within, his eyes were hollow and inky black and as muddy tears ran down his cheeks- Xiumin pressed his forehead against mine, weeping for me. "Lost soul, I am. Drifting between life and death- there and back- up and down- darkness and light. We are connected, we are the same. Two universes collided and formed one. Two as a whole. We are one." Xiumin lifted his hand and showed the thick, black string that was tied around his pinky. The line ended on...

on my own pinky.

"You can't be here, you can't be here, you can't be here," I started whispering, insanity taking over my being. This couldn't be happening. NYF had driven me into a corner and I was paying the price. Mental instability. Seeing dead people. "You're dead."

"Everyone dies eventually. Some get killed. You will get killed too," Xiumin placed his mouth next to my ear, his breath smelling like rotten apples. "You will get killed. However, your destiny is nothing like that. I may not be able to foretell- but I know that whatever is bound to happen to you; there is someone who doesn't allow you to. Someone,"

"NYF,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter