Asteria

Noblesse Oblige
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Asteria
Titan of nocturnal oracles and falling stars.

 

Nothing happened the next day. I had been careful enough to take all the pictures away before someone would notice. I tried to erase all memories of that night in the school building, but couldn’t. It really messed with my head, finding Kai sitting there, but I couldn’t jump into conclusions. I figured NYF was smarter than that. I wasn’t even mentally strong enough to think for myself.

“Luhan, do you know the answ-”

“X is the square root of six.” I quickly remarked before the teacher, Choi Siwon, could blink. He gave me a soft, almost proud smile and continued writing on the blackboard. Today had been quite quiet, but I couldn’t trust anything or anyone right now and I kept my guard up.

All I could do right now was stare at Kai and ignore the fact that he was looking back. Just don’t tell anyone you found me in here, okay? Promise me. Why was he even in there? He seemed almost too neglectful, all the time, but not when I found him. It kind of interested me more than was good for me.

I frowned and felt my body shake all over. This was bad. I always had the tendency to overly like someone who seemed too civil in his acts towards me. This was the official definition of being abandoned. Every hand reaching out to me, I could take its arm. It made me chuckle, out of self pity, that is.

Once again, I let my hands slip underneath the wood of my desk and could feel nothing at all. It made me shiver. Why wasn’t there a letter? Did I make a mistake? Maybe NYF had given up on me and found someone else to torture to death. I let a slight smile escape my being and looked at the person sitting in front of me.

Her name was Yoona. Instead of trying to pay attention to Mr. Choi’s lecture, she found herself involved in a rather intense conversation with the people sitting around her. I couldn’t help but listen, even though my eyes were glued on my desk, as of now.

Yoona listened to what Jiyong had to say and hid in a pure state of both excitement and panic. “What do you mean? An entire class disappeared… Just like that?”

Onew nodded fiercely and laughed. “Really, it’s not an urban legend, because it happened way too recently. It’s the school right next to our district. No one knows what happened exactly, but all those people, including the substitute teacher disappeared into nothingness. Maybe they’re trapped somewhere… Who knows…” he ended it with a whisper and made Hyuna almost scream.

“Silence!” Mr. Choi seemed rather irritated and continued writing various equations on the blackboard. It was Friday and even he didn’t feel like putting any effort into this. All I could do was listen to those guys, who happened to be the worst bullies of all- except for NYF- and feel relieved that I didn’t receive a black envelope today.

Hyuna pouted and closed her eyes. “I think Onew is telling the truth. A girl I know was in that certain group. I haven’t talked to Yuri in a week! I’m so scared.”

“What? Yuri?” Yoona grinned. “That ? Why would you even care? She wasn’t even nice to you. How could you call her your friend?”

“You’re just jealous,” Hyuna rolled her eyes and turned around when Mr. Choi approach

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter