Calypso

Noblesse Oblige
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Calypso

Titan who held Odysseus hostage on an island. 

After the weekend, when it was time to face the fact that school would start again- the strange events in the forest didn’t even cross my mind anymore. I was too numb to think about it. However, when walking to school, I started seeing things that shouldn’t be there. Maybe I was just going insane because of all the things that were happening to me, or maybe… My mind became blank again once I crossed the last street and looked at the school gate. I didn’t want to enter that place. Hyunseung was very angry with me for skipping his session.

So I waited until the bell rang and had to practically drag myself inside. I avoided being seen by Kai or Sehun because I just couldn’t imagine facing them right now. I hadn’t heard from Kai about our project either. Maybe they just realized what kind of dark things I carried with me. Probably. There was also no new note from NYF waiting for me. I didn’t know whether to like it or not. The last time, it was the silence before a storm broke out and wrecked almost every last piece of my sanity.

Before I entered the classroom for an hour of math, just when second period was starting- Mr. Choi stopped me from doing so and wanted to have a chat with me. His shirt seemed a bit too ruffled today. As if he had trouble keeping the chaos out of his head. He had bags underneath his eyes. “I took care of things with Hyunseung. I lied to him about having to give you some extra homework last Friday and today as well. Take a day off from that hippie. I can’t stand him.”

I showed my teacher a soft grin. “Thank you. You didn’t have to. It was all my fault to begin with.” I held onto my book and watched his pupils dilate. “You know, I may not be your friend- but as a teacher I feel like you’re the only normal kid in my class. I got to make sure you won’t change schools.” He laughed and walked inside, not looking back at me again. I inhaled deeply and followed him, ready for a full day of this place.

 

During lunch break, I just stayed inside the classroom, hoping that no one would find me or lock the door. Quietly I just ate my sandwich and stared outside the window. This was almost too quiet. It was as if I had gotten used to NYF. Not that I wanted to know what was coming for me, but I didn’t trust any of this. What was he planning? What did he want? What was going to happen to me? It had already came to a point where I was afraid of just blinking for a second- knowing that his move could be made.

When I finally felt like I was at ease again, for just a second, Kai stormed inside the classroom, smiling upon seeing me and then closing the door behind him. He quickly realized what this looked like and tried to make it appear as if he was being careful. He slowly walked over to me and took a seat next to my desk. “Yo, have you gotten any sleep since… you know. That blog.”

To be honest, I had far worse things on my mind, but I couldn’t let go of the feeling that these two things were extremely well connected. “Barely,” I opened my notebook and realized I hadn’t even started working on our assignment. Maybe I hadn’t because I knew that that was going to be the end to Kai’s conversations with me. This task was the only thing that connected us and it was already going to be over really soon.

“Sehun’s being really paranoid. He says it’s something with the government and stuff. I don’t really understand what he means. But ever since we watched that blog I feel strange. Like, things are going through my head which shouldn’t be there. Do you catch my drift?” His eyes were a mix of pure excitement and angst. “Well, maybe it’s nothing. But I have been thinking about our assignment.” There it was. The end.

“We should write our own story and then make a legend about it. Like, not say that we invented it, but make it an anonymous author. Like The God of Rivalry, from that site. It sounds r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter