Kronos

Noblesse Oblige
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kronos The leader.  

 

We were inside. The building was dark, a moist atmosphere hung around us like a cloak of hidden insanity. Sometimes, when moving a bit too fast, a shiver raced down our spines and everything seemed to stop challenging time. Something happened in here. Something not good.

Sehun led us, while I remained with Kai a few steps back. He seemed off. Compared to us, Kai showed no sign of serenity. We were different. Sehun and I appeared to have absorbed the darkness in the air and become one with the silence.

"Idea right here, let's find the classroom that picture was taken. We saw a vase, right? We can do that. Keep our minds occupied. Last thing we want to-"

"Kai..." I grabbed his arm quite firmly. "Relax. Great idea. We'll go there and see if we can find something. Nothing is going to happen. This is just a school." I assured him that time and time again, but I knew what was going to happen.

"Tell us again when you started getting those notes," Sehun asked. He wanted to keep Kai busy and well, think about this whole situation again.

"When I was at my lowest point, really."

"Are you now? At your lowest point, I mean?"

"No. I am quite okay."

"Quite okay..." Sehun shook his head and stopped walking. "Class 6G. This was it, right?"

"Yes." Kai said with an almost inexistent voice.  

"Quite okay." I said again. "What are you saying? That this was all to thicken my skin? Now that I am not scared to death anymore, everything should be just fine? He's got bored with me?"

"No, that's not what I'm saying. I think you know why he stopped sending you letters. Something changed. Deep inside, you should know. Do you know what was written on that wall the day Yixing allegedly killed himself?"

"Noblesse Oblige." Kai seemed to have joined the conversation. "It has a lot of meanings. Noble people are privileges with nobility and should act as such. They have a responsibility. Easily said, when you have certain skills, you should help those in need of it. Why was it written right there when Yixing died?" Finally, the chills had left Kai's body and he could think again.

"Exactly." Sehun nodded. "So, if you keep that phrase in mind, NYF started sending you letters when you were at your lowest point, Luhan. He stopped when you crawled out of that pit. Maybe he wanted to help you? Maybe you were in need of help?"

"He made me harm myself. He harmed my dog. He ruined parts of my life I can never get back." I said, with a deteriorating voice. "Why would I be thankful for that?"

"I don't know. I was-" Sehun suddenly stopped talking and touched the doorknob. "I..."

Kai rubbed through his eyes and found mine. "If this is really connected to that site and that vase, what if our findings will not be as expected. What if it's better to leave it like that?"

"Guys... I think I hear something?" my heart dropped to my shoes. "Someone is inside that classroom."

"More than one person, so it seems." Sehun replied.

"Oh God," Kai pressed his air against the wood while his mouth remained wide open. "What are we even doing here? Maybe there are still students..."

"No." I said. "I hear an argument. Listen."

"I just can't understand words."

"I do." Kai whispered. "They keep shouting a name. Yoonhye. Am I hearing this right?"

"That's one of them. I know her. She's one of my classmates' chubby cousin." I could see the color fade from Sehun's eyes. His shaking fingers opened the door, slightly, letting a void become visible from behind the other room.

Our hearts stopped.

There was only silence.

 

 

It took us five whole minutes to gather

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter