Eos

Noblesse Oblige
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Eos Titan of dawn.  

 

Kai appeared to be out of it. His grades dropped even lower and not one smile appeared on his face ever since the incident with his father. I hadn't expected anything else, but it still stung my heart gravely. He was in a meeting with Mr. Choi now. Kai's father was with him- sobered up for once. I waited outside, living in fear and ignored my throbbing heart.

Sehun was with me, looking at the tiles of the hallway. He played with his cigarettes and exhaled deeply. "I don't understand what's going on. He seems so depressed. I don't know him like this. Kai used to be the bright one. He helped me a lot."

"I know, right?" I whispered, hoping no one walking by could hear me. "He always thinks about others first and now that he is in a tight spot... He... He offered to be my friend when I needed someone so deeply." My voice broke. I felt horrible. I had let him down. My life got controlled by an anonymous freak while he was hurting that badly. Why was I the selfish one?

"Yes, Kai has a keen eye for the weak birds. I used to be one as well. He just showed up and offered his friendship like it was on sale." Sehun chuckled and showed something bittersweet in his glare. "I used to be pretty ed up."

My eyes shot open. "He spots weakness because he himself feels like that inside. He wants to help people for he cannot be helped himself. It takes one to help another," My voice was cold, controlled and eyes travelled to find Sehun's. "I understand that now."

Sehun nodded and rubbed over his sleeves. "Yes, we have been blinded by our own problems. We should keep our eyes on Mr. Choi. Somehow he doesn't like Kai. He's probably talking about Kai to his own dad."

"I'm sure of it. I offered him to stay at my place if he needed to get out of that house." I said and grabbed a black envelope out of my bag. I remembered every single world on it.

WHERE IS YOUR DADDY, LUHAN?

MAYBE I AM YOUR DAD.

YOU THOUGHT ABOUT THAT, RIGHT?

I AM SURE YOU DID.

HOW PATHETIC.

NYF.

"Sehun?" I suddenly said.

"Yes?"

"What do you know about Mr. Choi? I know this might sound like a strange question, but I would love to know."

Sehun shrugged and closed his eyes. I knew he was dying for a cigarette. The stress was getting to him. "He's a strange guy. I also had him for math a few years ago. He seems to be lacking empathy. That's what I think, though. You know those people who completely think in an opposite manner? Really, he had these strange patterns that could creep you out. Glad I don't have him anymore."

I sighed. "That's not making me feel any better. He told me he used to be obsessive compulsive."

"He used that in a past tense? Luhan, that never leaves your system. He still is. Gee, how come you haven't noticed that yet?"

I grunted. "He was the only person in this school that treated me like an actual person."

Sehun nodded. "Sorry to hear that. You're his model student. Of course he takes value in you. You have us now. You don't need a crazy teacher to feel better about yourself. Don't get drawn into his strange world."

"I won't."

"I only realize this now, but..." Sehun stood up when he heard movement behind the door. He leaned over me and tried to speak as quietly as possible. "Mr. Choi started going really bonkers on Kai ever since he started hanging around you."

 

My heart couldn't take it anymore as I spotted Kai dragging his body to the restroom. We

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter