Chapter Eight

Different Galaxies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Eight

 

Being the second child, and female, meant that I didn't have to learn to operate the company. Joonmyun was in charge of most of it, which he didn't seem to mind. He had always liked being the big boss and would make a great CEO one day. I was majoring in business in college to take a job at the company eventually, but nothing as important as what my brother was doing. That meant, however, that he didn't have time for a lot of things, like dating. I sometimes attended corporate dinners with him, partly because my parents insisted that I network and make connections, and partly because poor Joonmyun never had seriously girlfriends.

 
"You can't bring a fling to one of these things," Joonmyun always told me. "It's either gotta be someone serious, a close friend, or a family member."
 
However, since I started dating Sehun, attending these events with Joonmyun had been lower on my priorities list, which meant that Joonmyun was always begging his female friends to go with them. Most of them were not enthusiastic; despite the expensive food and company, the dinners tended to be rather boring.
 
"I need to find a girlfriend," Joonmyun was muttering as he glared holes down at his phone. Tiffany, one of his oldest, closest friends, had bailed on him for a movie date with the girls, effectively taking most of his other female friends out of the running.
 
"Mom always sets you up on dates," I reminded him.
 
Joonmyun narrowed his eyes at me. "Someone I actually like."
 
I chuckled as Mom made a huffing sound from across the dinner table. "The girls I set you up with are all from the nicest, most affluent families in Seoul. They're smart, beautiful, and - "
 
"I don't like them," Joonmyun interrupted.
 
Yixing looked up from his rice. "I can get one of my friends from dance class to go with you," he offered. "They're all pretty and they think you're like the most eligible bachelor in Seoul so I'm sure they won't mind. Actually, they'd fight over the offer."
 
"Thanks, but no thanks," Joonmyun replied.
 
Mom rolled her eyes. "Naeun can go with you next week," she decided.
 
Joonmyun shook his head. "I'm sure Naeun's busy with her boyfr - " He broke off mid sentence, a look of horror blooming over his face.
 
"Her what?" Mom snapped, eyes narrowing. 
 
Joonmyun's mouth opened, then closed, and his face flushed red. "Her…Yixing,"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter