Chapter Five

Different Galaxies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Five

Since I was still on vacation before college started again and didn't really have anything to do, I snuck out of the house to hang out with Sehun during his lunch breaks and after work.
 
"I'm taking a new dance class with Yixing," I told my mom when she'd asked where I was going every day.
 
She made a face upon hearing Yixing's name but didn't press any further. If she had it her way, I would hang out more with guys like Joonmyun and Baekhyun, and not at all with guys like Yixing. If she knew I was going to visit Sehun, she'd probably kill me.
 
"I like this arrangement," Jongdae finally declared a week later when I got out of my car holding a big bag filled with containers of food. "I like it when you bring us food."
 
"This isn't an arrangement," Sehun muttered, jumping off his seat on a nearby bench to take the bag out of my hand. "This is a relationship."
 
"Food," Jongdae repeated, arms out.
 
Sehun ignored him, shutting the driver side door behind me and putting his free hand on the window to trap me against the car. "Hey," he said, smiling down at me and turning his pretty eyes into crescents. I fidgeted a little, reaching up to straighten the collar of his blue button up shirt. "Naeun-ah."
 
"What?" I whined, pushing at him lightly.
 
He didn't budge, but instead leaned in even more to drop a chaste kiss on the corner of my mouth.
 
"My food," Jongdae groaned from somewhere behind him. There was another smacking sound, and I assumed that Kyungsoo had hit him again.
 
"You look really nice today," Sehun said cheekily, poking my face once. Then he was moving away, distributing the boxes I had bought to the workers and his brother.
 
I took a seat in an empty chair and watched as Sehun deposited the last of the food in front of me. "You shouldn't buy Jongdae hyung food anymore," Sehun said, pushing kimbap toward me. "He's getting spoiled and unappreciative."  
 
"No I'm not," Jongdae calls over, already wolfing down his food. "Naeun-ssi, I appreciate you a lot!"
 
I just laughed as Kris snorted into his rice.
 
"Hyung, can I have the afternoon off?"
 
Suddenly, Kris was no longer laughing.
 
"Please, Hyung?" Sehun asked, pouting and pulling out his aegyo. "There's nothing for me to do here anyway, right?"
 
Kris squinted at him, but shrugged. "Take the afternoon off," he consented with a nod, "but you have to do dishes for the rest of the week."
 
Sehun slouched down in his seat but nodded at once. After chewing a few pieces of chicken, his face brightened. "Let's go to Lotte World," he said suddenly. "I want to buy you some of those cute ears to wear and hold your hand on the scary rides."
 

 
 


Mom got home early from the office one Friday afternoon to find me curled up on the couch with the TV on mute, taking on the phone.
 
"What are you doing?" she asked, confused. I'd always been more of a texter than a caller.
 
"Talking to Yixing," I lied.
 
"You've been hanging out with him a lot these days," Mom said, already half way up the staircase.
 
I gave her a noncommittal grunt in reply. She turned and gave me a Look, but didn’t question me any further. 
 
"Who is this Yixing guy?" Sehun asked on the other end of the line, amused. "Should I be worried? Or Jealous?"
 
I laughed, propping my feet back on the coffee table. "Best friend," I replied. "You can meet him some time."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Three days later, Yixing cornered me in my favorite bakery as I was eyeing a display of cakes.
 
"Why does your mom think we've been taking dance classes every day?" he asked, sneaking up on me.
 
I let out a little shriek and pushed him for scaring me. "Don't do that," I scowled, "and you're late."
 
"I had to think fast to cover for your sorry ," Yixing went on, refusing to change the subject. "So where have you been going, Naeun?"
 
For a moment, I considered not telling him as I ordered my food. However, as my best friend, I thought that he did deserve answers.
 
"I've

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter