Chapter Eleven

Different Galaxies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Eleven  

For the next two months following the party, Sehun and I were the talk of the town. There were crazy rumors flying around, ranging from that we were getting married in June, to Sehun actually being the stepson of a member of the Chinese triad. It was all ridiculous, to be honest. During that first month, we could barely go anywhere without the tabloids reporting on us, documenting our dates. Then, the media got bored because there were no scandals or drama to be exploited, and slowly, things got back to normal.  

Mom pretty much tried to ignore the relationship, pretending that it was not happening, probably hoping for us to break up on our own. It didn’t happen; Sehun and I only got closer.   

Then, I noticed something strange happening. Twice a week, when I’d get home, there would be some guy sitting in our living room. Always good looking, dressed nicely. They all claimed to be dropping something off for my mom but I knew that my mom didn’t have that many personal assistants. Was she really hoping that some random new guy would just catch my eye and I would ditch Sehun just like that? 

Two my horror a month later, I got home from class to find Kim Jongin leaning against the wall outside of our door. He must have just gotten there, because he was still wrapped up in his red scarf. I gave him a weird look, but decided to just ignore him. To my surprise, Jongin followed me into the apartment.   

“Are you lost?” I asked, blocking the way with my arm. 

Jongin shook his head and held up a manila envelope in his hands. “Your mom asked me to drop this off,” he said, moving past me and into the living room. 

Did he just invite himself into my house? I stood there, in shock for a full minute, before I finally went after him. 

“Excuse me, my Mom? Did you say my mom?” Someone was not adding up. My mom was reason Jongin and I broke up. As far as I remember, they did not get along. 

“I’m the new face of Nature Republic,” Jongin answered, taking a seat on our couch like he had not just barged in. He took off his scarf, and tossed off his jacket, making himself comfortable. “Did you know that your family’s company is shooting the billboard advertisements? I think they’re also putting my face on a bus.”

I waited for him to continue, but Jongin just looked up at me. 

“These are some proofs from the shoot,” he said finally. “She said to drop them off personally.”

I could not believe that my mom was willing to drag Jongin into this just to get me away from Sehun. Although I guessed now that Jongin is a celebrity, he was no longer deemed unworthy. Mom probably never expected Jongin to be successful when she got him the audition. 

“I can’t believe you, Jongin,” I huffed, turning away from his intense gaze to hang up my own jacket. “You used to hate her. Now you’re working for her?”

Jongin was silent for a moment, but I could still feel his eyes on my back. 

“I’m sorry.” His words made me jump; Jongin had moved up behind me, and was barely a foot away. 

“For what?” I asked, turning around to face him. This was the closest we had been in years. “Everything,” he said softly, wetting his lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter