Chapter Fourteen

Different Galaxies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Fourteen

 

Our one year anniversary fell on a Friday, and I was a little skeptical when Sehun offered to pick me up from work. He use to make such snide comments about Lu Han, and I didn’t want him offending Lu Han to his face.  

Sehun was a little tense coming in, but relaxed as soon as he saw the pictures of us that I had on my desk. He picked it up and looked at it with a soft smile on his face. It was one we had taken on a windy day at the beach in Jeju that time we visited his house. We were smiling at the camera, face close together to fit into the camera shot.  

“Ready to go?” he asked, putting it carefully down in its spot.

“Sure, just let me pack up.”

We ran into Lu Han in the elevator, but to my surprise, Sehun was nothing but polite and friendly. He tightened his grip on my hand, but otherwise showed no signs of how much Lu Han bothered him or lowered his confidence. Finally, he trusted me. It seemed that this break had been a good thing. 

There was a sleek black BMW waiting for me outside, and I raised an eyebrow at him as he opened the passenger side door. “New car?” I asked. 

“Borrowed it,” he replied, closing the door gently behind me. “Gotta take my girl out in style.” Sliding into the driver’s seat, Sehun briefly checked his hair in the rear view mirror before reaching toward the back seat. “Ta-dah,” he said proudly, handing me a bouquet of flowers. “For you.”

“Where are we going?” I asked, curiously. 

‘Dinner. I made reservations.” Sehun left it at that with a mysterious smile. 

We ended up at an upscale Italian restaurant that was twenty floors up and offered a great view of Seoul. It was definitely a place that was normally out of Sehun’s price range, but tonight was a special occasion. The host seemed to recognize me from the tabloids, and offered complimentary glasses of wine to go with our meal. 

We continued our earlier line chat discussion about our vacation to Japan at the end of the month. 

“Jongdae is dying with jealousy,” Sehun reported. “Apparently he learned Japanese in high school, so he’s always wanted to go. You’ve been before, right?”

“A few times, with Yixing and Joonmyun,” I confirmed. “But I’m excited to get to show you everything and eat all the delicious foods.” To be honestly, I would have been fine with paying for another person to come. However, I really didn’t want Jongdae third-wheeling our anniversary trip. Maybe next time we could bring him, then. 
 
“I got you something too,” Sehun said suddenly, sliding a light blue box across the table at me. One look at the color confirmed that it was from Tiffany’s. Although I really didn’t want Sehun spending his money on me, I knew that if it made him happy, I should let him do it. Besides, it was a very romantic gesture.  

I opened it slowly to reveal a delicate silver ring.  

“Do you like it?” he asked nervously. 

“It’s beautiful, Sehun-ah,” I breathed. 

“I know we’ve both young and stuff but the past year with you has been the best year of my life. I love you so much, Naeun. I also got a chain with you, so you could wear it as a necklace since I know rings can get in the way. Think of it as a promise ring, okay? I will keep loving you and making you happy.”

Sehun’s little speech rendered me wordless for a moment. It was the sweetest thing I had ever heard, and I could feel myself tearing up a little. I blinked quickly, reaching across the table to squeeze Sehun’s hand. 

“Look at you, all mature and serious,” I teased, voice wavering. 

Sehun also chuckled. He picked up my hand and gently pulled the ring out of the box. 

“May I?” he asked, glancing up. Seeing my nod, he carefully slid the ring onto my finger. “There,” Sehun said, lacing our fingers together again. “All mine,” he added, sounding rather possessive. He looked up and gave me a happy smile.  

After the dinner, Sehun and I decided to go out clubbing. I sent Joonmyun a text to let him know that I was going out late, so he knew not to be worried. 

The bartender was one of Yixing’s friends from dance class, a regular who I saw quite often. He looked pleasantly surprised to see Sehun with me, since he must have noticed his absence in the past few weeks. 

“Long time no see, man,” Taemin said, grinning at Sehun. 

“We’re celebrating tonight,” I told him. “Can you open a tab?”

Taemin gave me an amused look. “What are you celebrating?”  

“Among many other things, love,” I grinned, pulling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter