Chapter Seven

Different Galaxies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Seven

 

Sehun's hair had gone from gray back to blond recently. The blue had long since faded, but my affections for him hadn't. Sehun was someone that I wanted to keep around far into the future. Still, I was unsure of how to integrate him into my family, into my life. Winter crept into Seoul slowly, bringing with it chilly days and snowflakes. 
 
The first step, of course, was Joonmyun's birthday party. Sehun was dressed in a nice suit jacket. Although it was by no means any designer brand, it looked amazing on Sehun’s broad shouldered frame. He also wore a red bowtie to match my cocktail dress. He towered over me even in my heels and I felt safe and secure under his arm. 

Joonmyun was hosting the party at our two floor penthouse, although only the bottom floor was open to guests. The friends only thing turned out to still be one of the biggest parties of the year because hell, Joonmyun had a lot of friends. 

This was the first time Sehun had been inside our penthouse and I could see his awe as we walked inside. There were already a good number of guests there by the time we arrived and I was surprised to run into Baekhyun near the door. I vaguely remembered his mother telling me that he also went to college here in Seoul and I greeted him warmly. He didn't seem to recognize Sehun and flagged a nearby waiter for finger snacks. 
 
When Joonmyun finally found us, Sehun seemed to tense a bit next to me. I gave his arm a reassuring squeeze.
 
"Baekhyun-ah, drink some more," Joonmyun smiled gregariously, clapping Baekhyun on the back. His cheeks were flushed, surely from too many drinks himself, but he was beaming. "And…this is?" he asked, peering up at Sehun.
 
"Oppa, um, this is Sehun," I said nervously.
 
"Your boyfriend, right?" Joonmyun grinned.
 
"I - what?"
 
He just laughed, rolling his eyes and reaching out to shake Sehun's hand warmly. "I intercepted a rose, Naeun. 'Heart, S'? Housekeeping my . You didn't lie very convincingly."
 
I flushed, grabbing on to Sehun's hand. "Oh, well yeah. We've been dating for a while now."
 
Suddenly, Baekhyun's eye widened in recognition. "Oh! The motorcycle guy from Jeju!" he exclaimed.
 
Now, Joonmyun looked a lot less happy. His eyes narrowed into a glare and he rounded on me. "Since Jeju? That long and you didn't tell me? I thought we were close, Naeun," he whined.
 
I bit my lip worriedly. Surely, Joonmyun wouldn't rat me out. "Oppa you can't tell mom, okay?" I said. "She'll…like with…you just can't."
 
Joonmyun seemed to understand and he nodded, even though he looked apprehensive. "I won't, but she's going to find out on her own eventually," Joonmyun said. "I'm surprised you were able to keep this from her for so long already. She's going to be so mad."
 
"I know," I said, and Sehun gave my hand a gentle squeeze. "I'll deal with her when I have to."
 
"Well," Baekhyun clapped, interrupting our somber mood. "Let's all enjoy the party today, okay? Yah, birthday boy, take a shot with me."
 
Joonmyun brightened, smiling yet again. "You too, Sehun," he added, pulling my boyfriend with them into the crowd. "My sister must really like you, so I like you too. Call me hyung from now on, okay?"
 
I breathed a sigh of relief at their retreating backs. Joonmyun had an arm around Sehun’s waist, introducing him to a few of his other friends while waiting for shots. Li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter