Chapter 7 (His Past)

The One I Love

 

Weeks had passed and Eunsoo hand was completely healed. She was glad that she can recover fast. But unfortunately test weeks has come as well. Students keep struggling at studies. And when Kai come, Sehun was actually glad. He could help him to teach Chanyeol math. Thanks to Kai and his teaching skills Chanyeol could master all those math problems. Eunsoo and Sehun was surprised that Kai actually can teach that Chanyeol.

"really, how can he actually manage to teach you?" Sehun asked while he, Chanyeol and Kai were buying foods.

"um, I just feel that Kai was giving out his cold aura" Chanyeol shrug and scanned his eyes to foods menu.

"did I?" Kai asked.

"yeah you did, when you said to me that you were fine teaching me over and over, it was more like you're giving me, understand-it-at-once or I'll-do-something-to-make-you-understand looks. But it was like threatening smile than offering to teach me" Chanyeol mumble.

"I suppose to put that kind of face as well, then" Sehun laugh.

"until this world become flat, you'll never be able to do it" Chanyeol snort. Kai laughing as he pats Sehun shoulder

"yeah, your face was more like irritated baby, than threatening murderer"

"I'm not!" Sehun hissed. Really, he didn't like to be called cute, baby, or kid. He is a man. Okay?

The three of them comeback with foods, when they see all of them still concentrate in their studies. Yeah, they're having extra lesson for tomorrow test. In test weeks, they'll allow to go home earlier, but for this class, they decide to stay 2 hours more to study. Sehun, Eunsoo, Kai and Chanyeol are willingly to teach the other student. For Chanyeol, they can ask anything to him except math.

"guys, let's eat first then continue study" He called. But everyone didn't aware of Sehun, Kai and Chanyeol presence.

"um, guys" Chanyeol called as well. Sehun sighed and looked at Eunsoo who currently teaching one of his classmate.

"Eunsoo" Sehun called.

"wait... So, you can add here. And don't forget changing it to meter".

Seeing the situation, Sehun gave up. Instead of calling them again, he joined to teach his friends.

Kai and Chanyeol looked at each other

"teach me math" Chanyeol smiled.

"math has passed, better we study English when both of us bad at it" Kai sighed.

"but Sehun is not good either"

"but we sure have some people good at it here"

"um, for your information, the highest score we had in this class is 80, and only 3 people here" Chanyeol explain

"who?"

"Eunsoo, Jiyeon and Eunji, the three of them were called English goddess, but still. This school English test were always difficult like "

"I'm sure '' wasn't as difficult as that" Kai laugh at his own lame jokes when Chanyeol only gave him funny looks.

After that they join them self to the studying people and they did study by them self and stop when their friend ask them.

 

"I understand!!" a boy shout as he shook Eunsoo hands up and down making her shoulder shook so much.

"ehem!" Sehun cleared his throat as the boy stand up and hug Sehun instead.

"yah! YongJin! Stop it already" Sehun try to let himself off of this freind.

"I'll be killed by you if I hug her, so I hug you" Yongjin squealed.

"guys let's eat" Chanyeol whined as his stomach growling. After a while all stomachs are growling as well.

"finally, let's eat! I've bought you guys foods" Sehun said as he took the bags of foods as the other circle around him.

Everyone had their own food and start dig in the foods.

 

After finish eating, Kai excused himself to goes home earlier, while the other stay to study more.

"but we still need you Kai" Sehun pouted. Kai giggled

"I'm sorry, but I really have something important to do today" he said.

"fine, it's okay though" Sehun smiled.

"sorry" Kai said and smiled weakly.

"don't worry, take care" Sehun pats Kai shoulder and Kai say goodbye to his friends.

-------------

Kai went to a hill with a big tree on top of it. He put down his bag as he stretch his body, took a deep breath and exhale. He smile but then his smile suddenly turned into small sobs.

"this is stupid, I promise that I'll smile every time I visit you" he wiped his tears and try to smiled. But again it was only turn into a sobs.

"it's hard" he pouting at himself. He sighed and he laid down with his arm as a pillow. He closed his eyes thinking about her. His beloved girl, his first, and his last. Maybe not his last but he didn't know when he will found new one.

"Haemi, you really left me too soon" he mumbles as another tears fall down. He still remembers all their moments together. When they first met, Kai thought that she was a flirty girl who will use her parent glory to get everything, but he was actually wrong, completely wrong. She was a sweet kind hearted girl. And then he found out that she was thinking the same about Kai.

After several times they met because of parents works they start spending time together, telling each other stories when both of them didn't know why they done it, telling secrets to a sometimes-meet-friend. But they found it fine so they continue.

 

Kai also remember when they actually start dating, secretly, when they didn't know. Again. Why did they do that. It's not like their parents against them if they're together. When their parents were actually found out, they were, kissing at that time. Both of them didn't know what to say but then, mothers were like squealing like fans. With that they got accepted as a couple, even before they knew it.

Kai also remember the first time they fought. It was really small problem and they fights for 3 days, without contacting each other. And before the fourth day came Kai actually want to call Haemi as Haemi called him too. It makes their phone wont connect each other because they're calling at the same time and they both got 'the number you're calling is busy, please try again later or left a message after sound Biip'

Both of them got irritated as Kai thought that Haemi doing it on purpose and Haemi thought that Kai doing it in purpose.

Kai knows of he continues like this, they won't have a talk. So he decided to come to her house when actually Haemi went to Kai house as well. So they were met in the middle of the way. And finally they can talk it over and then they laugh at their own stupidities.

 

Kai also remember the time they kiss, hugs and poured each other with sweet words. Nonstop saying 'I love you' he knows he was being cheesy, but hey, Haemi actually likes it.

 

He keep recalling the moments when he realize that his memories came to a part the he won’t remember and he wish it won't happen but he can't help it. He remembers it, clearly like if it was yesterday.

 

The moment when Kai need to went back to school to take his book that he left and asking her to go home first. But after he came back, he found she still standing a cross the road in the same place that he left her there. He was actually happy seeing her waiting for him. He waved as he called her name.

He saw her crossing the road jogged towards him, when he saw uncontrollable speed of car come to her.

He was shouting his lungs out to make her stop and walk back but it was just too late. His words were 2 seconds late then he saw Haemi was thrown for 3 meters away from where she was standing.

At that time Kai felt like someone just stab him on every part of his body, yet he wasn't dying and just felt the extreme pain in every stabs.

He was shouting her name, run to her lifeless bloody body. Hug her in his arms, crying asking for her to open her eyes. He looked around as the driver run away. He was really angry. But that's not the important. He has to take her to hospital. And he informs her family.

After a long-waited surgery, she actually gained her consciousness. But the doctor said she got hit so hard and it was injured most of her internal body. Even if she can wake now, she won’t be able to survives for long time. And she has to stay in hospital.

Kai was crying all day, he doesn't know what to do. But then he remembers he has to find the driver. And he remembers when she told him before he gone.

"Kai, no matter what I'll stay in your heart, but promise me, you need to find someone. And be happy with her, make her happy. I really glad I was your girlfriend; I think I'm the lucky girl ever. So, Kai please, for me. Be happy and live well, don't let your heart empty. For me" she said. And Kai was crying again and kissed her. He just wished that it wasn't his last kiss.

Then, He did find the driver. His anger was exploding as he hit the driver over and over. He cursed him. He kicked him. And the police there have to stop him from doing that.

He struggle and keep hitting the driver when he remember her, Haemi was waiting and he has no time to released his anger. He stop as he left the driver let police took care of him.

He run to the hospital and he still saw her looking at him, smiling but weak, lifeless. Kai only can smile back at her as he took her hand and tell her that he found the driver. She was glad and with her last strength she lifted her body just to give him last kiss. Kai know this, he was aware of what happen. With that last kiss, she's gone. She left him in this earth. He even forgot how to cry, because he felt like he was dead as well. But it was last until her funeral. Kai was begged to their parents to place her grave in this hill; because it's the most memorable place for the both of them with the tree they planted by their self.

 

"how can I find another girl?" Kai open his eyes and he realize that his cheek were damp by tears his eyes blurred. He sat up and wipes those tears away and smile.

"but don't worry, I'm happy now, I have good friends and I live well"

Kai stand up took out his phone.

"another photo of sunset, I took it for your present" he smiled and took a picture of the sunset, and put a date on it. "14/06"

"done" he said as he put back his phone.

"I'm sorry I don't bring anyone, I just didn't want to tell my past yet to my new life in my new school" he sighed.

"yeah I move to another school, because I just feel like everyone pitying me. I know I'm sad, but I really didn't want to saw people were faking their smile while they gave me pitying looks"

"so I move and start new live, with no one knows my past. But I did talk about you, Haemi. To my friends, and you still my girl" he smiled again. Looking around and it's getting dark.

"I should go home then. I still have test tomorrow and you probably won't happy if I waste my time here" he giggled and pick his bag.

"by the way. Happy Birthday, Cho Haemi" he said and took out small rose, the flower that she always loves.

With that he took a step away and turn his back

"next time I'll not to cry when I visit" he smiled and he walk away. This time he didn't turn back because if he did. He will not be able to make even a step away from there.