Chapter 11 (Favor)

The One I Love

The school finally started. everyone cheering but not for Sehun. since this morning he was being grumpy. yes. he just can't stop sneezing. he didn't even know why this is happening to him. he just hate sick.

"Sehun-ah, are okay? you should stay at home and drink medicine you know" Eunsoo said giving him tissues.

"nope, I'm fine"

"you're sneezing"

"I'm f-acchoo!" he sneeze. Eunsoo raised her eyebrows. Sehun fixed his masker and sat calmly. Eunsoo just frown at her boyfriend stubborness. he could just rest and get well sooner if he took proper rest, but this Oh Sehun won't listen.

"I'll be right back" she standing up and leaving Sehun there.

Eunsoo walk towards school clinic and found Kai sat on one of the bed there. she talk to a nurse there telling what she need. the nurse nod as she gone to take some medicine.

"Kai? what happen to you?" she asked. Kai turned his head.

"oh, nothing, just got a litte swolen on my hand" he said showing his left hand.

"how can you got swollen?"

"falling" he said cooly. she was just gawiking at him. how did he manage to fall when he wasn't clumsy at all. well sometimes, but still. "and what are you doing here?" Kai asked her.

"ah, oh, I want to take some medicine, for Sehun"

"aaa, yes, you should, he keep sneezing to death" Kai shook his head. Eunsoo laugh.
the nurse giving her some medicine "drink this after eat, and you still have to go to doctor" she said.

"yes, I understand. thank you" she smile and took the drug. then the nurse went to Kai.

"this wasn't big injury, but you still have to cool it with ice and apply that jell once a day" she said while pointing to a small bottle in Kai hand.

"okay, thank you" Kai said and standing up. looking at Eunsoo. who still standing there

"you still need something?" Kai asked. she shook her head

"no, I'm waiting for you"

"oh, that's kind of you" he smirk. with his tone sounds as if he facing a princess. Eunsoo laugh as she bowed slightly to the nurse as they walk out.
they went to class together, with Kai helping her brought drinks, while she hold medicine and breads.

they found the class empty except Sehun who probably fall a sleep there "eh? where's everyone?" Kai asked mostly to himself.

"this isn't lunch time yet-" then Eunsoo mouthed O "sports time!" she squealed. but then she remember she need to take care one important thing.
she walk to Sehun as Kai sat next to him.

"Sehun" she sait his hair.

"hmmm"

"I bought you medicine and bread let's eat this first" she said.

"I don't want" mumbling between his arm.

"Oh Sehun, you want to get well or not?" she frown. really he is just a big baby.

"Sehun-ah" she called again as Sehun lift up his body. his head just felt heavy. he barely open his eyes and he's pale enough.

"you really not looks good" Kai said

"oh, you're here?" Sehun asked in weak tone. Eunsoo frown. then she put her hand on Sehun forehead as her eyes widened.

"you got fever, Oh Sehun!"

"drop the Oh, you sounds like my mom" he mumble again.

"you should go to doctor now, Oh Sehun" she said again. and just get some unclear grumbling voice from him.

"I'll drive him there" Kai said.

"oh, you brought car today?" Eunsoo asked.

"yes, for some reason"

"but your hand"

"it's not really big deal" Kai said looking at his own hand.

"are you sure? I can just borrow your car if you can't" Eunsoo said. and Kai strongly reject.

"no, you take care of him, and I'll drive" Kai said as he felt Sehun head on his shoulder. his eyes widened

"he's buring" Kai said looking at Eunsoo.

"I-I'll tell the teacher first, you can bring him to your car" Eunsoo said running out from the class room. Kai staring at this weak friend of him.

"Sehun, can you wake up a little bit? and let's go to doctor" Kai said and receive groan from Sehun. Kai just rolled his eyes. he decide not to asked Sehun anymore, and he'll just drag him there. Kai put around Sehun arm on his shoulder as he slip his hand on Sehun waist, lifting him up as he can heard a gasp pain from Sehun.

Kai sighed, how can he manage to go to school in this condition? well, probably because he want to see his girlfriend. Kai will do that too if he could.

"let's go, and bear with your headace for a while" Kai said dragging Sehun but he stop looking back, their bag, it can wait for a while.

 

Eunsoo run back to the class and she saw Kai and Sehun wasn't there, she put her things back to her bag as she saw Kai's and Sehun's. she put Sehun's books and Kai books in their bags as she zip them close. fortunately their bag wasn't that heavy so she could at least jog to Kai's car.

where's Kai's car anyway. she stop and sighed, panting. she took her phone as she recieve message from Kai

I'm in front of lobby

she smiled as she replay, okay.

she start to jog again, not long after she could spot Kai silver car. Kai get out from his car as he took the bags. "I can actually take this bags later, but thanks" he said. Eunsoo nod as she oped the back seat. sitting next to Sehun. Kai get in to the car and he drive off.

Eunsoo checking his forehead again as she frown he's really burning up. she bit her lower lips as she slap Sehun chest "aw" Sehun whinced. he knows she'll turtor him to death. and his guessing was true. he got scold and many 'stupid kids' words from her. Kai can't help but laugh.

"we arrived" Kai said. Eunsoo just didn't realize that the car has stop.

"oh, okay"

"stop turtoring me" Sehun mumble

"shut up" she hissed.

"is it really the way you took care of your sick boyfriend?". Eunsoo rolled her eyes and let Kai helping Sehun to walk.

Eunsoo went to the receptionist and they wait for Sehun name to be called. Sehun put her head on Kai shouler again.

"are a fan of my shoulder?" Kai asked.

"nope" he answered weakly "I just didn't want to spread my virus to her, so I lean on you" he added. and recieve light slap from Eunsoo.

"I got slap again" he mumble. and Eunsoo sighed. he is really just a kid.
finally Sehun's name was called as the three of them went to the doctor room. Sehun recieve a shot to reduce the heat of his body as he got checked on his troath and chest.

"he got light sore throat and flu, fever as well, but he'll be fine after few days" the doctor said.

"few days?" Eunsoo asked him

"yeah, he need to have extra rest for about 3 days, not doing something tiring, and not going to school as well" the doctor said. as he gave her the drugs

"drink this after eat, 3 times a day" he added. Eunsoo nod, and thanking the doctor.

 

The three of them go back to Sehun house. welcomed by Sehun's mother shriek.

"oh my god, what happen to him?!" she said cupping her son face checking his forehead and studied his face "OMO, my baby" she whined. as Sehun blushed. his mother really treat him like a 5 years old kid. Kai giggling at him, who know the cool Sehun can be treated like a kid when he sick.

"Sehun-ah, have a rest okay, eomma will cook you porridge" her mom said. tapping her son cheek.

"I'll help you Mrs.Oh" she said.

"no need, Sehun need you to be there, and Kai thank you for bring him back home" she said hugging Kai slightly.

"no problem Mrs.Oh" he smiled as he help Sehun walk towards his bed room. Sehun can't speak much even he want to mumbling and defending himself, but his troath slowly killing him, so he decide to shut up and let it be.

"Sehun you need to change your clothes" Eunsoo said as she open his cupboard and took a sweat pants and shirt. Sehun and Kai just sat on his bed watching Eunsoo walking here and there.

"here you clothes" she said. as she realize Sehun and Kai watching her.

"what?" she asked looking at the two of them.

"nothing" Sehun want to said it clearly but only hoarse voice that comeout.

"you know all the palces in his room?" Kai asked. Eunsoo didn't get what he means to by asking that. of course she knows it, she already been to Sehun room for like forever. She about to answer but stop when Kai got pushed by Sehun "shut up man" he mumble again, with hoarse voice.

"okay, I'm kidding" Kai said as he handed Sehun his clothes. as Sehun took of his upper uniform.

"I'll take some drink, Kai what do you want to drink?" she asked.

"anything is fine, I'll still have to back to school anyway" Kai srugh.

"no you're not, I already said to the teacher that we won't back to school, besides it's only sports time left" she said.

"what?! but that's- my sport time" Kai whined.

"stop whining, with that hand? I don't think it'll get better if you do sports" she raised her eye brow. for some reason, she felt like she has to take care of Kai too. and this two boys are the same. Kids.

"why did you sounds like my mom?" Kai asked pouting.

"I think all girls will behave like our mom" Sehun srugh.

"but she was really sounds like my mom? treathening and all" Kai said.

"she sounds like my mom too, grumbling and got angry why I'm sick" Sehun added. Eunsoo just rolled her eyes.

"shut up, boys, now you, Sehun change. and you Kai I'll take some ice for your hand"

Sehun and Kai looked at each other and smiled

"ne, eomma" they said and laugh at her. Eunsoo pouted as she went out from Sehun room.
Sehun and Kai looked at each other. Kai smirk and nod at him "go change your pants, I promise I won't look". Sehun jaw drop in disbelieve. Kai laugh again.

Sehun just make a face at his friend. but then he hissed as his head felt the pain thud again.

"are you okay?" Kai asked in worried.

"headace"

"you're surely getting old" Kai shook his head.

"look who is speaking" Sehun rolled his eyes and that's success to make him more dizzy. he groaned as he laid down and pull the blanket until it reach his nose. closing his eyes trying to reduce the pain on his head. but then he feels someone staring. Sehun open one of his eyes peeking at Kai.

"what?"

"nothing" as Kai laying down but he didn't realize there's Sehun's legs as he whinced when his back hit Sehun legs

"are you stupid or what? that's my legs, not bed" Sehun mumbling at his stupid friend

"I don't think your legs will be there" Kai rubbing his back

"I'm lying down right now, where do you think my legs suppose to be?" Sehun frown. really. Kai is stupid. Sehun moving his body giving Kai space to laid down.

"there" he said. Kai eyed him looking confused

"Sehun, I'm not gay" he said as Sehun kick his back.

"okay, okay, I'm kidding" Kai rubbing his back. again. seriously how can his back manage to survive after got abused several times.

"do you have something to read?" Kai asking looking at Sehun's book shelf

"there's some comics if you want" Sehun said clearing his troath that feels dry. Kai stood up as he look at all the comics Sehun has. then he found Naruto, and he snatch it as he went to Sehun bed laying on his stomach.

"I'll read this" Kai said

"go ahead" Sehun nods as he close his eyes again while Kai start reading the comic. the room become quiet, and that's make Sehun grew sleepy. after another minute Sehun really fall a sleep.

"Sehun do you have-" Kai stopped as he looked at his friend sleeping, Sehun frowing, it's probably because the headache.

"Guys, sorry for taking so long-" Eunsoo enter with tray together with two bowls of porridge, cold towel and a small pack of ice. Kai sat up and put his finger on his lips.

"oh" She said looking at Kai then Sehun who's sleeping.

"how long did he sleep?" she asked Kai.

"I don't know, I was reading comic" Kai srugh. Eunsoo sat next to Sehun. checking his forehead, she sighed in relief. his fever seems to reduce a little. then She decide to waking up Sehun, because he need to eat and drink the medicine.

"Kai, you can eat that" she pointed at the tray.

"no, I'm fine" Kai said.

"Sehun's mom make that for you, so eat" she said nodding at Kai.

"how about you?"

"I've eat downstairs" she lied. Kai nod "I'll just wait until Sehun awake then".

Eunsoo smiled as she turn her attention to Sehun tapping his cheek.

"Sehun wakes up, you need to eat" she said shaking his shoulder. in one try Sehun awakes, he looked at Eunsoo and then he knows it's time to eat and drink medicine. he don't have appetite and he hate medicine. groaning as he pull the blanket closing his face and turn his back facing Eunsoo.

"Oh Sehun, come on"

"drop the Oh" he mumble

"fine, Sehunnie~ wake up baby" she said cutely. Kai just chuckle at how cute they're. Sehun groaned as he sat up put away the blanket away from his face. and he was blushing.

"good" she smiled patting his head. Eunsoo took one of the bowl and spoon.

"here eat this" she said. Sehun didn't move as she sighed but followed with smile. Sehun just want her to feed him, and he don't have energy to lift that bowl. he is sick, okay.

Eunsoo start dig the porridge and feed it to Sehun.

"Kai, eat" she said and Kai nod

"I'll eat well~" Kai said as he start eating.

"aren't you eating?" Sehun asked

"already" she lied again. seriosly, these two boys more important than her.

"when?" Sehun asked as Eunsoo feed him again.

"earlier when I was outside, stop asking and finish this". Sehun groaned "not this much" he eyed the porridge that seems didn't decreassing at all.

"but this is good, your mother cooking is the best, I guess" Kai said. placing the empty bowl.

"finished?" Eunsoo asked in amazed

"sorry, I was hungry" Kai smile shyly.

"and you told me you're fine" she eyed him.

"well" Kai didn't know what to say and just laugh dryly.

Eunsoo keep feeding Sehun forcing him to at least finishing more than half of the bowl. and Kai trying to take Sehun attention so Sehun won't notice how much he has ate. seriously, this is one of the methode to feed baby when they won't eat.

"I don't want to eat anymore" Sehun whined as he pushing Eunsoo's hand and move his face away from the spoon who hanging in front of his mouth.

"one more" she plead. Sehun shook his head. really, his stomach won't cooperating. Eunsoo sighed. he didn't even ate more than half of the bowl. in fact, he just ate 1/4 of it.

"fine, here, drink this and then sleep" she said.

"you should eat more Sehun" Kai said sitting on Sehun study table. compressing his swollen hand.

"I don't have appetite really" he said as he took a small tablets and a pills as he drank it at once. "so bitter" he frown and drink more water.

"do you guys still need something" Kai said suddenly "and Thanks for the food and Ice pad" he stand up.

"where are you going?" Sehun asked in alarmed

"uh, home? or do you want me to baby sitting you?" Kai smirk. Sehun make a face "thanks for the offer but no" Sehun laid down as Eunsoo put the blanket.

"so?" Kai asked again. he was confused why Sehun wont let him go.

"what time is it?" Sehun asked

"um, almost 6, oh wow, we're staying here that long" Kai said in awe.

"exactly"

"so?"

"I have one favor" Sehun said as he felt relaxed when Eunsoo put cold towel on his forehead

"what is it?"

"can you drop Eunsoo to her house?" Sehun asked as Eunsoo eyes widened

"no no, Kai, you don't have to, I'm fine" Eunsoo said in hurry, eyeing Sehun.

"do you think I'll let you went home alone at night?" Sehun frown at her.

"that's fine with me" Kai nod and somehow he was worried as well.

"no, really you shouldn't-"

"Lee Eunsoo" Sehun called, with his serious tone. Eunsoo pouted and sighed. even Sehun is sick, he still have energy to insisting.

"but, you already done too much today, I don't want to burden you" she said to Kai. Sehun softened as he pat her head.

"I don't feel burden at all, that's what friends are for right?" Kai smiled as he sat next to Eunsoo.

"thanks Kai" Sehun said weakly. then he looked at Eunsoo. this time Kai understand, they need sometime together, before Eunsoo went home.

"by the way, where's toilet?" Kai asked.

"oh, outside and turn to left, you can find toilet there" Eunsoo said. as Kai stood up and went out. Sehun just smiled at his friend understanding.

"Eunsoo" Sehun called as she turn to see Sehun.

"yes?" she smile. she felt one of Sehun grip her wrist as the other hand slip to her back neck, leaning her closer. her heart suddenly beat hard. for some reason, Sehun seems hotter than usuall. with watery eyes and blushing cheek because of fever, hot breath.

what the hell are you thinking Eunsoo, he's sick she shout in her mind. but then she stop thinking as she felt Sehun lips on her. he smile and give short kiss to her. Eunsoo pull her off and clear her troath.

"y-you should rest Sehun" she said blushing as red as Sehun cheek. Sehun giggled.

"I"ll don't worry" he said.

"don't go to school for 3 days, do you understand?" she sounds treathening

"I know, but, are you going to be okay? I won't be around for 3 days" he said.

"why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know, I just worried if you have to go home alone" he said slowly turn into mumbles.

"I'll be fine, and I'll visit you after school" she smiled kissing Sehun cheek. Sehun just smile, he actually want to said more but he felt really sleepy. the medicine really take over him. then there's knock on the door

"can I come in?" Kai voice can be heard from inside

"sure" she said. she was wondering why Kai knocking tough. then Kai entering seeing Sehun who seems going to fall a sleep. but in fact of fall a sleep, Sehun couldn't stop thinking how he make his worries about Eunsoo gone.

Kai.

oh, Kai, right.

"Kai" Sehun called.

"yes?" Kai sounds confused why Sehun calling him with that kind of tone. as if he want to ask a big favor.

"I'll leave you two then, I need to take this downstairs" she said as she pick up the bowls and put it on the tray. then she get out from the room.

"so? what is it?" Kai asked.

"I won't be at school in 3 days" Sehun said.

"I know"

"can you taking care of her, I mean, I wasn't be able to stay with her, umh, this sounds awkward" Sehun mumble. he didn't even know why he was asking this favor to Kai. it's just he felt he need Kai to be there with her. what was he doing, he suppose to be jealous. no he knows Kai well, besides Kai also has someone he love and cheer so much.

Kai just stare at Sehun, he didn't know what to say, Sehun just asking him a favor to take care of Eunsoo. he could understand what Sehun means. if he was Sehun, he probably doing the same thing. but Sehun making it as if there'll be something big happed. protect her Kai a girl voice came to his mind. he was slightly shock. the voice keep coming when he felt he need to protect Eunsoo.

"Kai?" Sehun called as he snapped to the reality and looked at Sehun looking at him worried

"are you okay?"

"yes, I'm fine" he said as he took a deep breath "don't worry, I'll look after her"

"and don't let her to go home alone" Sehun warned. then he quickly apologize "sorry, if I sounds like ordering you" he sighed.

"no no, it's okay, I'll do the same thing if I were you" Kai chuckle.

"sorry again, but yeah, don't let her went home alone"

"why?"

"I was just traumatize after she got accident, and that was happen just right in front of my eyes-" Sehun felt his troath closing after remembering the accident. Kai turn sad, he know well that feeling, he understood, in fact he got worse than Sehun. the feeling of lost, he really understand that. Kai was glad that Sehun didn't end up like him. and he hope that won't happen to this couple. because when Kai see them, he just feels at ease, they make him remember his sweet time with Haemi. he thought he'll got envy and jealous, but it was the othe way around. Kai sighed, he can't think of Haemin here at this time.

"I'm sorry" Kai said.

"thanks" Sehun smiled.

"don't worry, I'll take care of her" Kai smile back at Sehun.

"thank you, Kai. I just don't know how to repay you about this"

"just be happy, together with Eunsoo" Kai said. Sehun didn't get what Kai was saying, and his expression was, sad. Sehun felt like Kai giving him a message form those words, but he just can't think of any.

"Sehun?" Eunsoo called as she peek from outside. her appearance make the sad atmosphere gone right away. Kai eyesoftened and smiled.

"why are you peeking though?" Sehun laugh at his girl friend random act.

"nothing, I thought you were sleeping" she said entering the room.

"I was going to sleep"

"oh sorry, I shoud've wait outisde" her eyes widened.

"no problem, beside I want to see you before I'm sleeping" Sehun smiled and Eunsoo blushed.

"ew, you guys absolutely cheesy" Kai said warping himslef with his arm shaking his head.

"shut up Kai" Sehun hissed.

"anyway, Eunsoo, I'll wait downstairs then I'll drop you to your house"

"Okay, thanks Kai" Eunsoo said.

"thanks a lot Kai" Sehun added, but his thanks was different and Kai understand that.

Kai left the two of them, Eunsoo probably will stay there until Sehun fall sleep. Kai met Sehun's mom as they start chatting for a while and Sehun's mom excuse her self to check on his son.

Please take care of her Sehun words keep hanging on his mind, and the girl voice that keep telling him to protect her when he feels he need to pretected her. he didn't understand that, why he as to take care of Eunsoo when Sehun isn't around, he couldn't find the reason but his mind and is body won't cooperate and he end up keep looking after Eunsoo. It's just like unintentional.

but then, today, he finally understand, it's not like he hasn't see the couple but, today is different. he could saw how important their presence for each other, how big Sehun's will to protect her, and he could see how in love they're. their smile, their eyes when they looked at each other.
Kai could understand that all, because he was like that too. then he realize he can't let them fell the same thing he felt. he didn't want Sehun to have the same fate as him so he decide to protect her. yes, and he know he wasn't wrong for doing this. but the thing is he didn't realize his heart was giving a small piece of it to Eunsoo. for now, he only know, that he should protect her.