Chapter 14

- because you fell from heaven -
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: the following events are all happening around the same 30 minutes, I will make a point to always mark what is 'present'ly happening ^^


 


Chen and Kyungsoo parked their car in a parking zone not too far away and are now walking in the crowds following the Tracker.

"Hey how about we grab that coffee over there?" Chen says, pointing at the coffee shop behind the large tour bus.

Kyungsoo looks over. "No. Too crowded. Let's just find the Source, which way?"

Chen looks down at the Tracker in his hand, but the pointer is moving and pointing in multiple directions. "Yah, Kyungsoo-ya..there's something interfering with the signal! I'm sure it was pointing south-south east of us 5 seconds ago!!"

 



"Ok, seems likes everything's finally settling down." Minseok says, patting Taehyung on the back. All the seats were filled with people from the tour bus and regular customers. Everyone was seated and served in less than 30 minutes with the help of the part-timers, Taehyung and Sangwon. After seating the last group outside in the outdoor seating area they could finally take a short break before checking on what they should re-stock back inside.

"Minseok-ah I'm going to wash-up a bit in the lounge", Luhan says as he grabs the used cleaning cloths to drop them off at the wash station before going into the staff lounge. Sangwon follows to use the restroom.

"Sure thing, take your time." Minseok calls over his shoulder as he looks to see which customers will be needing their bill soon.

 



I can't believe I lost him.. I was just looking at some cute handmade jewellry at one of the little booths when I looked up and Leo had disappeared. Where did he go..?! It's all that merchant's fault for distracting me..!!

 

earlier

"Miss! That is a wonderful pendant you have there!" The Merchant said to me as I looked at his collection of items for sale.

"Tha-ankyou..it was..a gift." I said slowly, not sure what to say about it.

"It sparkles like no other red stone I've ever scene, may I take a look?" The Merchant looked at me with a very eager and honest look.

"Uh..I just got it so I don't know..I don't really want to take it off.." I said, wondering if I should leave since he was kind of creeping me out with his stare.

"No, no, just one quick look and touch is enough!" He said taking out a magnifying glass and lightly grabbing the necklace to inpect it in what seemed like less than 1 second. "AMAZING! It is as clear as a diamond, where did you purchase this red stone?!"

"Uh..like I said..it was a gift.." This time I did step back as he looked at me eagerly for answers, or more like hungrily at the necklace around my neck. I turned to look for  Leo to signal that we should go, but when I turned around, he was gone.

 

present

Where did he go seriously.. I was craning my head over the crowd trying to find him when I reached the large crosswalk where you can cross in any direction. SO many people were in black caps and sunglasses! I was getting confused.

 

a little earlier

"We lost the signal.." Chen said gravely at a really angry Kyungsoo. Of course his anger wasn't to the point where he was emitting an aura of evil but Chen could see his eyes darken at his words.

"Give me that!" Kyungsoo snatches the Tracker out of Chen's hands. Looking at it, Chen was right, the glow of the Tracker's pointer that was pointing towards the source had stopped glowing. The Source was gone. The Tracker might as well be a useless piece of junk right now.  "Ugh! Which way do we even go in this crosswalk?!" Kyungsoo says angrily under his breath.

Chen takes the Tracker back and puts it in his pocket, looking at their options. "The Source shouldn't be far! Let's..uh.. We can go left, straight or right..??" He wonders out loud, looking out for any possibly signs.

 



"Sehun-ah~ How do I look in my sunglasses?" Ari asked grinning as she looked up to show Sehun. He looked down with a new matching pair, cocking one of his eyebrows up over the top rim.

"Hm? I think we look great", Sehun said grinning back. "Oh-let's cross!"

The all-way walking signal was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter