Chapter 03

I love you, Kris Wu

I Love You, Kris Wu

 

 Chapter 03  

The rest of winter break seemed like a blur, Kris was never online and his phone was always off. It's not like he had access to communication devices anyway. Claire felt almost lifeless, all she did was get up, do her homework and go to her model meet ups. Almost everything reminded her of Kris. "And why is he so talented?" She mumbled. She wondered how Eunmi was doing, Chen was pretty much her first love and they were only together for a short while. 

"Eunmi?" Claire said over the phone. "How's winter?" She asked. "Winter break, I mean."

"Lonely. Jongdae's gone." She sounded sad. Eunmi loved calling Chen by his real name, he normally didn't like it when others other then his parents called him that. But for some reason, he liked the way it sounded when the name Jongdae slipped pass Eunmi's lips. She makes Jongdae sounds so nice. He thought.

"And I'm not allowed out of the house so I can't meet with my friends or you." 

"And why?" 

"My parents don't like me going out in the winter, there's so much snow and it's cold and they know I rarely fully dress myself." Eunmi said sheepishly. 

"I told you to get rid of that documentary channel about avalanches!" Claire said. 

Eunmi groaned. "Why am I stuck in the house while everyone is out having fun?" 

"Why are our boyfriends gone?" 

"The struggle." Eunmi muttered. 

 

"Phones, iPads, laptops please. You're all given a few post it notes, write your name on them and stick it onto your belongings before you hand them over to me." Their manager said. "My name is Sung, I'll be your manager from now on." The man bowed before he took out a box. 

Exo M nodded as they wrote their names on their post it notes and stuck it on their belongings. 

Chen sulked as he handed his phone over. I didn't even get to Facetime Eunmi for that long last night

Kris mentally died inside. This is officially it

Tao puffed his cheeks up. I never finished that level of angry birds you prick. 

Lay sighed. I didn't say bye to mom yet...Out of all the days why was she at work yesterday? 

Xiumin handed his phone over. Four years of being antisocial...How hard can I possibly be? 

Luhan dropped his phone in the box and scurried over to his bag where he pulled out his iPad and his beats. Don't miss me too much, mommy will come back to you. The so called manly lad thought. 

 

"Alright, all of your things will be locked  up in the dorms. You will have access to them one week per month. All of your luggage is in the dorm, Kris and Lay's car is in the garage. I'll be driving you guys to the dorm today so pick your roommates in the car." 

Exo M followed their manager to the van. Kris and Tao eyed each other as Lay eyed Luhan and Xiumin eyed Chen. That was easy, roommates are picked! 

 

"This will be your dorm for quite a while, there are 4 rooms, I'm okay with any to be honest so you guys can pick first." The manager said. The 3 pairs walked into an empty room. "Nope." Luhan shook his head. 

"Nope." Xiumin shook his head. 

"Duizhang?" Tao looked over to Kris. 

"I guess..." Kris shrugged. 

 

Tao and Kris walked into their new room. "It's roomy, I call the top bunk." Tao said.

"I want the bottom, that's where all the outlets are anyway." He stuck his tongue out. 

Is he really older then me? Tao thought to himself. 

 

"Nope." Lay shook his head. 

Xiumin looked over to Chen. "I'm okay with it..."

Chen shrugged. "Whatever floats your boat." 

Chen and Xiumin walked into their new room. 

 

"Okay..." Luhan said as he looked into the room. "Why is there only one bed?" 

Lay peeked in. "It's a king sized bed!" 

"...WHY DIDN'T WE PICK THE OTHERS." 

"Decisions are final, boys go in." Their manager said before leaving to his room. 

"Hahaha, now you can't kick me off for sitting on OUR bed." Lay laughed.

Luhan sat down on the floor and crossed his arms. "Humph." 

 

Claire pulled her boots on, she decided that if Eunmi couldn't come to her; she'll go to her instead. Grabbing her phone, she slipped it in her jean pocket and stopped halfway on the way out when she noticed the card taped on her wall. 

Claire Bear, I know you're never fully dressed. You don't really like winter huh? Keke, wear this and stay warm!

                      Love you, Krease Bear 

Claire felt her stomach do a little flip flop. No...I promised him I wouldn't cry. She thought as she patted her face a few times. Why do I have feelings? 

She sighed and switched her hoodie for a thick winter jacket. On her way to Eunmi's, she'd stop at random places of the block.

He would stand here and wait for me when I forgot something. 

He picked a flower from here and stuck it in my hair. 

His car would always be parked here if the garage was taken.

He chased me home from here. 

Biting her lip, Claire shook her head a few times. Stop thinking about him. She told herself. He's not coming back. Claire sighed. 

 

"Why are you like this? Do you not have any faith in him?" Eunmi asked. "I miss Chen and everything,but hey, I know he's gonna come back." She said. 

"He's not coming back, I don't know, but something tells me he's not gonna come back. He's going to train, debut and date any female celebrity he wants." Claire said. "You never know what fame could do to a person." She whispered. 

Eunmi sat up and shook her shoulders. "Claire what the hell? Don't think like this? Are you so sad you're going into depression?" 

"I'm not sad, I am, but not too sad. Let's face it, out of all the beautiful girls out there he wants me? After high school, do I even know what I want to be? Being a model isn't definite, I have to get bookings for shoots and shows. Eunmi you want to be a screen writer, you actually have a future. I don't know what I want to be. Eunmi I don't have a status...I'm a nobody, I probably don't even have a future. Do you think I could model lingerie for the rest of my life?"

"You're a model, Claire you've signed with two major companies. Victoria's Secret and Vogue. You're the spokesperson who represents south Korea for both those companies. Oh you don't have status? That's what you think...And what if you didn't have anything? Maybe Kris doesn't want status, looks, or whatever; by the time he sees you again he'll have everything he needs. Kris will just need you...He'll need his thunder buddy who he's been longing to be with for 4 painful years. And shut the up about Kris not wanting to be with you...Out of all the girls out there, there's no one like you. There's only one Claire Lee...And that's you. The Claire Kris fell in love with...Stop thinking so much."

Claire stared at Eunmi. 

"Sorry for lashing out and ranting okay? How often do you see a guy say I'm dating a model!

She smiled before her lips quivered and pouted. "I"m trying to forget about him!"

"And why?" 

"It hurts to think about him because he's not here with me! Everything...Every ing thing reminds me of him. It hurts...so much. I thought negatively, maybe if I forgot him...I'd stop being so sad." Claire said with tears streaming down his face.

"I miss Jongdae too!" Eunmi said sadly. "I've never met a guy like him. I could talk to him about anything and...he's funny, he's attractive, he can sing...he could do anything. It's amazing...I never thought a guy like him would exist. I never thought, in a million years, that he'd like me back." She whispered. "I wish he was here." She laid down on her bed. 

Claire flopped down next to her. "Kai told me if I cried, I'd feel better. Liar. If I cry, it's nonstop until I fall asleep...And I'd still wake up feeling like ." She mumbled. 

"Spend time in his room...Kris's room...It'll feel like he's here." Eunmi said. She pointed to the scarf hanging by her desk. "It's Chen's, he gave it to me. He told me if I didn't dress correctly I'd catch a cold and he wouldn't be here to take care of me." 

"That's so sweet..." Claire mumbled. 

The two laid there on Eunmi's bed until they fell asleep. Eunmi's father walked in to check on them, he saw the piles of tissues on the floor and sighed. "So it's true...they really left for China." 


✎Author's note 

❝Okei, I lied. It's gonna be sad for a while. :(❞