Chapter 14

I love you, Kris Wu

I Love You, Kris Wu

 

 Chapter 14 

"I liked you in the 9th grade up until Kris and I got together." I said to Tao the next morning. We were having breakfast together at this restuarant near the campus. I pushed my eggs around the plate. I lost my appetite already. My heart pounded as I told Tao something I wished I told him a couple years earlier. Something makes me wonder what would've happened if Tao and I got together. Would I be where I am today? Would I have met Joe and Alex? Would I be in acting school? 

Tao set his fork down. "What?"

"Yeah...I never told you because well, I was kinda shy when it came to this stuff back then." I sat up. "I never really got over you. I just moved on. I forgot about you for a bit." I said. I sneezed and he gave me a tissue. "." I mumbled as I blew my nose. I didn't feel any better then yesterday, I don't know why I asked him to have breakfast with me. 

He stared at me with his wide eyes. Tao didn't know what to say. He paused and stayed frozen in his seat for a few minutes. "This is...unexpected."

"Joe told me yesterday." I lied. Sorry Joe, I had to blame it on you. "And it just reminded me of Junior high and high school. I started questioning why I dated Kris for two years. Maybe it was out of jealousy or something. Maybe I was jealous when I saw him with another girl after seeing him with Yuri." I stared him straight in the eye. "I don't even know if we have feelings between us anymore. We haven't talked or seen each other in such a long time. What's the point of loving someone who you'll have to wait 2-3 years to see again? By the time I see him again, he'll probably meet someone else." I sighed.

"Don't say that..." Tao said sadly. "I was really happy for him when you guys got together. I was sad at the same time and heart broken but you guys seemed so happy." 

"What if that happiness came from just two best friends being comfortable together? What if our hugs and kisses only happened because we were so close?" I said. It's possible. Do I really like Kris? "I honestly don't know anymore." I mumbled.

Tao asked the waitress for the check as he pushed his plate away. "Wow this is...so weird." He said. 

"I know...I just wish I said something earlier." I said. 

 

We walked around the campus and walked on the boardwalk near the beach. "I'm breaking up with him." I said. "I'm going too...we need a break anyway." I said.

Tao stopped and turned to me. "Are you really? Are you really going to throw two years away just like that? Claire..."

"What's so bad about taking a break?" 

"You might not get back together after the break." He said. "And then i'm gonna feel like this is all my fault."

"But it's not." 

 

We set the subject aside and we walked around Los Angeles after my classes. I couldn't focus at all during rehearsals. 

"Claire, are you okay?" Alex had asked me during the break.

I stared down at the ground. My eyes were dead and I was extremely quiet today. "Yeah...Bad day." 

"Feel better." He smiled. Then he dug into his pocket and pulled out his wallet. He took out a pink sticker and stuck it on my hand. "Smile, beautiful." It said.

I chuckled a little before looking at him with a raised eyebrow. "What the..."

"I tend to keep these with me." he grinned. "Just in case someone beautiful woke up on the wrong side of bed." 

 

"Class is over. See you next week!" The acting teacher said.

 

Alex grabbed his stuff. "Bye Cee." He gave my hand a squeeze before leaving. He gave me that nickname. Cee. 

 

I was free for the rest of the week and so was Tao. This was my last chance to see him in a while anyway so I decided to spend it with him. We went shopping all around Los Angeles. I showed him around and we even went to the beach. It wasn't that cold out and it was actually warm on one of the days. We hit the beach and just played around in the sand. 

He picked me up and ran into the cold water. We ended up laughing while having water fights. This was one of the last warm days before L.A gets a little colder. So we enjoyed it. 

 

I sat with Tao in the airport. We just stared at each other before the voice over the intercom said "FLIGHT 78, BEIJING, CHINA BOARDING NOW."

I turned to him and nudged him. "Tao..."

He got up and took his scarf off and wrapped it around my neck. "Don't get sick again." He mumbled. 

"I'm gonna miss you.." I said.

He chuckled. "We'll meet again." He held his pinky out. "Pinky promise." I linked pinkies with him and hugged him tightly before watching him go. 

 

I held his scarf in my hand and cried a few minutes later. I didn't know why I cried. I felt like it just...happened. The crying. It came out of no where. 

 

Minutes later, Tao came back out. I noticed the light blonde hair the dangling earring on his right ear. He came back to say bye once again.

 

***

Tao kissed me. He gave me a goodbye kiss before leaving. That was all I could think about as I nervously sent Kris a text. 

"Hey...Let's take a break." 


✎Author's note 

❝  Omfg. They broke up. OMFG. 

Find me on instagram: @heyitsivysaur

New Story on my second account: The Hunger Games