Chapter 18

I love you, Kris Wu

I Love You, Kris Wu

 

 Chapter 18

 “Alright guys, after today, you only have one more year of training before stepping out on stage. Work hard!” Their manager said during dinner. They had a feast today; there were endless trays of food. Tao happily ate up while the others were surprised at how far they had come.

 

“Also, you have the rest of the night off. And yes, you may use your cell phones.” Their manager smiled as he took out a little envelope of their SD cards for their phones. “Here’s Tao’s….Lay’s….” He read off the names as he took them out.

 

“Starting today, you may have your cell phones back. The last year of training is mostly rehearsing all of our songs and dances. We’ll be recording also so this year you’ll have quite some free time.” He smiled. “Don’t cry Lay, be proud! You’ve come this far.” He patted the boy’s head.

 

Kris sat on his bed as he overheard Eunmi and Chen’s conversation.

 

“Hello?” Eunmi couldn’t contain her excitement. Was this really Chen? Someone she hadn’t talked to in nearly 2-3 years vocally?

“Hey baby. I miss you.” Chen cooed over the phone. “Texting you isn’t the same is it.” He pouted. “Ah I miss your voice.

“Jongdae! Oh gosh, I …I missed your voice so much.” Eunmi squealed.

“How’s my baby doing? I feel so bad I missed 3 of your birthdays! He frowned. I couldn’t even sleep last month when you turned 20. I wasn’t the first one to wish you happy birthday.” He mumbled.

“Ah, it’s okay. I didn’t get to see you turn 21 either.” Eunmi mumbled.

“How’s Kris? I heard about…”

“Yeah I know, I hope they really didn’t break up. Maybe they took a break. Maybe their relationship went on vacation and got lost in Hawaii. It’ll come back someday, right?” Chen said.

Eunmi laughed and nodded. “Definitely.”

 

Kris sighed and looked down at his phone. “I think our relationship went on a vacation and got lost at the Bermuda Triangle.” He muttered. He read all of their old conversations. He smiled at them although it was a bittersweet moment; he knew they were no longer together. “It’s a shame I never really got to say good bye and thank you for all of our memories.”

He bit his lip. He didn’t want to cry while all of his other members were happily reconnecting with their families.

Kris laid there in bed wondering if being an idol wasn’t something he wanted. He was separated from someone who always made him so happy. Kris wasn’t happy here. The constant training and the harsh critiques in the practice room took a roll on him. They say it all paid off when he performed in front of thousands on stage, but will it really?

Will it satisfy him knowing that Claire was out there not giving a damn while he performed?

He sat up and stared out the window. He didn’t want to be with anyone else. Claire’s made him happy for the past 16 years, why couldn’t she continue?

She’s a model. You’re an idol. She’s an actress. You sing. She walks down the runway. You dance. She’s behind cameras portraying different characters. You’ll always been in different places. The voice in the back of his head whispered.

This is all he’s ever wanted to do since he found his passion for it in high school. A passion for performing. But did it make him happy? Would he enjoy doing it? Kris sighed and ruffled his hair as he kicked his blanket around.

His mother’s number soon appeared on the screen.

“Mom?” He whispered.

 “Kris! Why didn’t you call? You got me so worried! The others told me something happened with you and Claire. You guys broke up? Why?” She asked frantically.

“I- Mom we’re fine. Don’t worry about us.” Kris lied.

“Honey are you lying? I know how your voice sounds when you’re not telling the truth. What happened with you and Claire? Hm?” She asked.

“Nothing. Nothing happened. I have practice now.” Kris mumbled before hanging up.

He frowned. Kris honestly didn’t want to talk about the break up, it just made his heart hurt even more.

 

Luhan came in with a laptop. “Hey…your parents moved.” He said.

He sat down and showed Kris the article.

 


VICTORIA’S SECRET’S CLAIRE LEE BUYS A HOUSE FOR HER 20TH BIRTHDAY?

Congrats Claire! You’ve graced dozens of covers of Vogue, Nylon and Victoria’s Secret. Today, you’ve even brought a house for your parents! How sweet!

“My parents have pushed me to my limit; they supported me for my career. It’s hard for me to be so far away from them since I’m in college so I want them to live comfortably at home. Thanks mom and dad! I love you!” – Claire Lee


 

Luhan pointed. “You see the big houses? This one is Claire’s and this one is your parents. Your mom told me they moved in next door too.” He smiled.

“I’m proud of her.” Kris said quietly. “I’m happy for her. She’s so successful.” He whispered.

 

Luhan frowned and patted his shoulder. “She just needs to see you. Both of you just need to see each other. I promise you, someday in the future when you guys see each other again; the feelings and memories will all come crashing back in.”

“You think so?”

“Probably.” 


✎Author's note 

❝Clao or Klairis? Hm...

Find me on Facebook | Tumblr

Find me on instagram: @heyitsivysaur

New Story on my second account: The Hunger Games