Chapter 12

I love you, Kris Wu

I Love You, Kris Wu

 

 Chapter 12 

"I always did." Tao said.

 

Joseph sunk back into his seat. "I'm sorry." He mumbled.

 

Tao nodded. "I wish I confessed earlier. I was going to but...Kris beat me." He sighed. "Honestly, I thought they wouldn't last long. They're best friends! You wouldn't expect best friends to end up together. If they didn't like each other all these years, they probably friend zoned each other right? Why now? I asked myself. I told myself that they would break up because it would be too weird dating someone who's like a sister or brother to you. But it never bothered them." 

 

Joseph pouted a little. "You should've confessed when you had the chance. When did you even..."

 

"I met Claire during the last year of junior high school. I thought she was the prettiest girl in the whole world." Tao chuckled. "The girls at my junior high school dyed their hair weird colors, wore too much makeup and exposed so much skin. Then there was Claire, she wore clothes that didn't show anything inappropriate. Her hair was naturally dark brown, she had beautiful eyes and didn't wear any makeup. She was so nice to me too." He said. "She always walked about her best friend whom she claimed with annoying but still couldn't live without him. She said he was in Canada so I was like hey, theres nothing to worry about." 

 

"What was Claire like in junior high?" 

 

"She got bullied for being so tall...I think she was around 5'7 in junior high, now she's like 5'10 and a model." Tao chuckled. "I never told her I thought she was beautiful because at that time I was shorter then her. I'm six feet tall now. Then Kris came and I'm like he's even taller then me. I kinda hated him at first, he's 6'2 and stole every girls heart in high school because he was the captain of the basketball team. We ended up being good friends and even did music together. Never did I think Claire would end up falling for him. I'll be honest with you, when Claire and Kris are with us, they have these little fights over little things. We thought they would never work out but there was this one time we saw them in the kitchen. Claire had her legs around him and they were so close." 

 

Joseph gasped. "Whoa. Is this rated R?" 

 

"No. Not really. I didn't know what they were doing but Kris was like this is exactly what it looks like. Did I mention that I've seen them fall asleep with each other on the couch when they came over on Fridays? We'd go to Luhan's every Friday and basically sleepover. We would wake up and see Claire in Kris's arms. Everyone else would squeal and stuff and I would just go along with it when in reality my heart hurt." 

 

"Poor baby..." Joseph said. "There's always that friend zoned er hiding when two people fall in love." 

 

"And that was me." Tao ran his fingers through his hair. "In high school, she dyed her hair lighter, wore a little bit of makeup and puberty just wow...Curves in all the right places. No wonder she got signed with Vogue and Victoria's Secret. She's smart, pretty, has a wonderful personality and already has a career. Kris is so damn lucky." Tao said. "I eventually accepted that I was gonna be the third wheel, the second guy who fell in love with the girl but never got to have her. That didn't stop me from loving her though, you know?" 

 

Joe nodded. "I have no idea what any of this feels like to be honest. I'm gay." He admits. 

 

"You have any interest in guys?"

 

"I used to like Kris, but then you know, he's with Claire and I'm good friends with Claire so I hopped off." He sighed. "Whatever. I don't know who this Yixing guy is but I hope I find him someday." Joe smiles.

 

"Yixing huh? What a small world." Tao chuckles then looks down again. "The girl I've loved almost all my life is taken and I can't do anything about it.I hope I find someone." He whispers. 

 

"You will. You seem like a great guy." Joseph assures him. "Gay people know the best!" Then he paused. "I forgot to ask you, about Claire, why do you love her? How do I explain it, what did you see in her?"

 

"Every other girl in high school seemed so hardcore since we had a fan club. Every girl wanted to be with us, then there was Claire, she was actually pretty and unlike all the other girls, she come off to be shy. I thought it was kind of cute. It took a while for her to open up to Exo M but when she did, it was ...wonderful. I love her like a sister in a way, I always have the tendency to protect her. Valentines Day was hell." He mumbled. 

 

Claire walked into the lunchroom just to see a group of girls huddled around the Exo M table. She had just out ran a few fan boys and wasn't happy to see that there were no more seats in the lunchroom. "Wow...Really?" She mumbled. Their table was piled with gifts and chocolates. While everyone was signing autographs, Kris was eating the box of chocolates Claire gave him. He patiently waited for her while Tao signed the endless amount of papers being thrown at him. 

Earlier in the day, he had come to school with a bouquet of roses and a box of chocolate. He stood by the lockers unhappily as he watched Kris and Claire kiss. The little pink diamond ring on her index finger didn't make anything better either.

Tao's heart nearly ripped in half as Kris pulled Claire down onto his lap. "Happy Valentines Day, my love." He said in English. Tao looked around. All the Exo M members seemed so happy as they received gifts and cards from their fan girls. I don't want any of that. He thought. I want Claire to be my valentine.

Tao pulled through the rest of the week with a forced smile, he only told himself to never lose the faith. There might be a chance, don't be so down. 

 

"I told myself this everyday." He turned to Joe. "Although I know that Claire and I will never happen." 

 

Claire sat by her door with her blanket around her and covered in shock as she listened. "Oh my God, Tao?" 


✎Author's note 

❝ *grins because 'I love you, Taozi' doesn't sound so bad lol*

Find me on instagram: @heyitsivysaur

How are you guys doin? Leave me a comment! ❞