Chapter 20

I love you, Kris Wu

I Love You, Kris Wu

 

 Chapter 20

“Don’t lie. I know you do.” Eunmi said. “I know you still love him. Just because you haven’t seen him in 4 years doesn’t mean you stop loving him. It’s the distance isn’t it?”

 

Claire looked down at the ground. “I guess.” She mumbled.

 

“I’m being serious! Exo M is debuting in less than two months; they’ll be in China then Korea. You might see Kris again…”

 

“Eunmi-“

 

“Claire! Come on! Just promise you’ll meet up with him one last time. You never know what might trigger all those thoughts and feelings again. Whether it’s his scent, his presence or his touch, Claire you still love him. You’re one of my best friends; I know almost everything about you. You’re never like this! I know, you’re an actress. You seem happy on the outside but I’m one of the few people who can see past that. If Kris was here, he’d know the truth too. He’d know that you aren’t happy.” Eunmi said.

 

Claire stared blankly at Eunmi.

 

“…I’m sorry, it’s just…Jongdae told me about Kris. He hasn’t been eating much. He over practices. He takes everything out on himself. He thinks it’s his fault that you guys are over!” Eunmi said. “When you damn right know it’s not his fault at all!” She exclaimed. “If it’s distance I get it okay? Chen and I are far apart, I’ve talked to him vocally for the first time in 3-4 years yesterday, and everything was fine because we didn’t over think anything. Claire listen to me, I know the distance is bothering you. But you know what my dad once told me? Distance is just a test to see how far love travels. I can bet on my life that if you two saw each other again, just once, something would snap.”

 

She nodded. “Whatever you say…”

 

Exo M sat in silence as Kris danced the same songs over and over again with his headphones on. He was drenched in sweat and his muscles were sore.

 

Lay watched unhappily. “He’s still not over it.” He got up as Chen held him back.

 

“No. Let him be.” Chen whispered.

 

Luhan looked over. “You crazy? Go stop him before he passes out in exhaustion again.”

 

“Then let him! It’s his fault for not handling this situation maturely.” Chen snapped.

 

“You still think they’re gonna get back together don’t you?” Xiumin sighed.

 

Tao sat in the corner in silence. He couldn’t face Kris, he felt like all of this was his fault. If only he never spilled his heart out to Joe. It wasn’t fully his fault if you thought about it, Joe was talker and he’d make you spill your life story in two seconds.

 

Kris walked up to the mirror and punched it before sitting down with a cut on his knuckle. Xiumin got up and sat down next to him. He took out the first aid kit and frowned. He couldn’t tell if Kris was crying or sweating. “You gotta stop man; you’re ing yourself up at this point.”

 

“I hate everything. I hate this. This was the stupidest decision ever.” Kris muttered angrily. The others sat in the back, they were gloomy as well. It was painful watching a grown man as strong as Kris cry his heart out. It finally hit him that he was never supposed to fall in love with Claire. It finally did. “Best friends aren’t supposed to fall in love. I should’ve never asked her out. I could be with Yuri right now.”

 

“You can’t date anyone from the same company.” Xiumin bluntly said. “And shut the up. You’re supposed to marry your true love, soul mate and best friend. Those 3 should be the same person. Claire is all 3 of them. She believes it’s over. I don’t and it’s not. Just get your together, debut and someday you’ll meet back at Korea. There’s 50 days before debut. Kris get your ing together.”

 

The manager walked in. “Get ready, we have practice at Music Core.”

 

Kris was a completely different person on stage. He seemed happy, he looked like he enjoyed what he was doing and he was full of energy. Chen nudged his shoulder as they rewatched the performance. “See? You’re made to do this. Let’s go out and impress.” Chen cheered him on.

 

 

The next few weeks were different, Kris stopped crying, and he stopped hurting himself. Instead, he seemed cold and expressionless all the time. Exo M stood backstage as they got touched up. “Man you gotta chill when we’re on variety shows, why are you so stiff and motionless?” Luhan whined as he stood next to Kris.

He shrugged. Luhan sighed. Claire where are you. He wondered.

 

“EXO M IS UP NEXT. 50 SECONDS.” The backstage crew announced. “GET ON STAGE.”

 

 

Kris smiled confidently and stared out into the crowd as Growl ended. He looked around and his eyes landed on the back of a girl who was walking out. He recognized the long legs and the waxy brown hair. Claire? He thought.

 

After the Music Core performance, Kris walked out onto the streets of China. He looked around and groaned in frustration. Was she here or not? He looked over to a giant billboard and saw an advertisement.

 

VICTORIA’S SECRET PRESENTS

LIMITED EDITION PERFUME

GETS YOURS IN SEOUL: THUSDAY AND FRIDAY ONLY! FIRST 500 PEOPLE TO COME GET AUTOGRAPHS WITH KOREA’S ONE AND ONLY CLAIRE LEE. GOOD LUCK!

 

He cursed; he was coming back to Korea to promote with Exo K the week after Claire was coming to Korea. He grabbed his phone and fumbled though his contacts; he called Joe and desperately hoped he would answer.

 

“Kris? Oh my God, hello!”

 

“Are you in Seoul?” Kris asked.

 

“No…Dude, I’m in Vermont filming a movie! I don’t have time to visit your until December!” Joe said. “But Claire is. She will be, like, next week.”

 

“I want to see her…but I won’t come until the week after for promotions. Can you please help?” Kris pleaded.

 

“Alright alright, I’ll do something. You know, if I finish my part of this movie by Monday I can get to Seoul and ask her to give me a tour or something. Our next movie is together to I can probably pull some strings.”

 

“Thank you.” Kris said with a shaky voice.

 

 

 

Joe hung up and clapped. “AH YES THIS SHIP IS SAILING. NO MORE SAD .” He exclaimed.

 

The producers of the movie around him gave him weird looks. “Joseph?”

 

“Ah? Erh. Um, so, change of plans. I need all my parts filmed by Monday. I know we’re scheduled to finish by next Saturday but no can do! I’ll do all nighters if I need to. We need get our stuff done!”

 

 

***

Lay scrolled down the images on his Tumblr, he had followed a blog that released all of Claire’s photo shoots. He looked at the latest one and tilted his head. “Huh?” He stared. Something seems really familiar, and then he gasped. “She’s in Korea! And we’re leaving tomorrow! OH MY GOD.” He screamed.

 

 

Joe almost flew out of the plane as he landed in Seoul. “Claire? Where are you? Donde está aquí?!” He asked.

 

“Heading home to see my parents…?”

 

“Meet me at Starbucks!”

 

 

 

Joe sat and tried to stall, Kris was landing any minute now and the airport was 3 blocks away. Sheesh! What is that idiot doing? Text her or something. He took out his phone. If I want something done I gotta get it done myself. He thought as Claire sat across him and slipped a latte.

 

[You 10:57 AM] DFUQ ARE YOU DOING. TEXT HER OR SOMETHING. AREN’T YOU GOING TO LAND ANY MINUTE NOW?

[Kris 10:58 AM] Yeah…soon.

[You 10:58 AM] Text her.

 

Claire waited as Joe turned back around. “You’re kinda weird today. What’s going on?”

 

Joe smiled sheeplishly. “Well ugh, you know, just trying to get used to being here. I’m like, the only half white guy.” He squirmed around in his seat. Oh my gosh… when will her phone light up from the text. He fidgeted around.

 

Claire’s phone vibrated in her hand. She stared at the number.

 

[Unknown 11:00 AM] Come to Incheon…I want to see you…Please. 


✎Author's note 

Find me on Facebook | Tumblr

Find me on instagram: @heyitsivysaur

Check this out please: Elysium