The Reason

Painful Choice

-"Hey. Um. Hey? Man, I don't think that he will open eyes."

              That morning, I got woken up laying on the ground. But the weird thing is, it was Jimin who poked me, and weather cold as .

-"Taemin?"

-"Uh.. Good, morning I guess?"

            I turned around to see an over excited jumping Hoseok. What?

-"Why are you two even here?"

-"Question is, what the hell are you doing here?"

-"I'm.. I think I fell asleep last night while petting a cat."

-"I see, also we came to meet you guys. For our reality show."

-"Welcome, have fun.."

              They stood up as I rubbed eyes, leaning a tree and leaving me alone with a confused Shinee that's waiting for me.

 

 

 

                                                  ____________________________________________________________________        

 

 

           With a deep sigh, I collapsed on the purple couch in the studio, not hard enough to wake Key up. Okay, eveything was nice but having 3 performances and a studio record in tge same day was incredibly tiring. We were working really hard for the comeback, plus there'd be a new choreography soon. I was about to faint but I definitely wasn't going back to what I've been before, already have forgotten what smiling was helped it a lot. But now, all of the members were like me, being sleepy and ing tired made everyone whimper. But Key hadn't waited to head back to dorm, he had fallen asleep on the couch outside the recording room. I wrapped my jacket around his shoulders (I know, I had told him to wear a coat at least, but he kept being the stubborn Kim Kibum he is,  of course he didn't), his blonde hair messy and sharp eyeliner had ran down on his cheeks a little, making black marks under his closed eyelids. A few second later, I found Minho next to me on the couch as well, but instead of taking a nap like Key, he just fixed his clothes while staring at us. I leaned my head to Kibum's shoulder, my eyes in his,  if Minho wanted a war he'll get it, I thought. But the real thing is, he was never smiling like me. Not for being dark, but his eyes were usually red and puffy. Well, he was going to cry even more when I get what I want.

 

 

                                                       _______________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

23:48

 

Sleep time for all members but me. It meant I'd be alone as much as I wanted. I went downstairs to make a quick coffee (I'm glad my Gym trainer allows at least coffee) and went straight to the roof. Night was beautiful and dark, I had a loose hoodie with a blue jean, with my coffee and earphones. One word; perfect. That,um, ' Baby Don't Cry' melody stuck in my mind, I yawned and crossed my legs.

-"Taemin. We need to talk."

       Gosh, ruined again.

-"Uh, but first of all, what are you doing here?"

-"I can't sleep."

-"Neither can I."

-"So, what is it about?"

-"I need to tell you something."

-"Yes?"

-"About that 'kissing Sulli' thing.."

-"Look, I don't really care if you two are dating or not, I just-"

-"Taem, we aren't dating, she is just my friend.'

-"Yeah I see."

-"It's really not what you think it is, I had a reason to kiss her."

        , Lee  Taemin, it's not the right time to have watery eyes..

 

-"I'm not interested, you know."

-"Well, let me explain. At first I..-"

        Ladies and gentlemen! So, that's it. This time, Minho was the one who got cut off. By a Jimin, an -I'm-just-standing-here-but-I'm-still-y Jimin.

-"Hi, can I join?"

-"Sure."

         Because if I didn't quickly respond, Minho would just politely tell him to get the off.

-"Record ended and I thought I would explore around."

 

-"You're welcome."

            He was a nice kid.

 

                                                            ________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

             Later morning, I just woke up to drink some water but I hadn't got any plans about a determined and careless Choi Minho. "Taemin?", he quietly asked after following me around and knocking on the door, "Can we talk?" I hummed swears and stood up to face him, ran a hand though my hair.

 

-"Okay, but let me drink a black coffee and get sober first."

        Well, at least we were able to talk like friends since the last week.. Somehow. I grabbed my mug, it was about 11 at the afternoon, and the coldness was probably not the only reason why I wrapped myself around my cardigan.

-''So, what will we talk about?"

-"Oh, I was trying to tell you something last night, remember?"

-"I kinda do."

       How many more times he was planning to hurt me by talking about the night he kissed Sulli? It was not nice. Totally, not nice.

-"Do you even know why I did it? Because.. Hard to tell, but I d..-"

         But breathless Jonghyun running to us shut everyone up.

-"Manager.. He broke his arm."

       And I spent that day at the hospital.

 

                                                         __________________________________________________________________________

 

 

            When we came back, my eyebrow piercing started to hurt a little but from what Key told me, it was pretty normal since my skin is really sensitive. By the way, he was still wearing the bracelet I had bought him. But.. what we actually were? I know, I was mostly using him to take revenge from Minho, but I liked him as well. Still, what we were? Not only friends. Not best friends. Not buddies, not boyfriends.. I obviously had affected him, plan was working.. somehow. Also, we finally had a day off with 24 hours. I woke up at nearly 1:30 at the noon, taking a glance over the room. Onew wasn't there. I checked the other rooms, neither Minho was, neither Jonghyun was, neither Kibum was (yes, also I was able to freely enter his room anymore, with my key. He was used to it since I usually do it to share a cigarette or take a pill). But a blue sticky note under the television caught my attention. It was beautifully

 wrotten in a mix of hangul&english, with a pretty handwriting, I knew who had wrotten it even before reading.

 

           ''You might call me crazy, but I'm gonna play basketball on our day off! I'll be near my place, you can come whenever you want to.      

 

                                                                                                                                                                       Love you!

                                                                                                                                                                                   -Key xoxo''

 

       I laughed, even if it was unbelievable to watch this dark boy slowly change, I liked it. I left the note on the table as I walked to kitchen, I had to eat cornflakes again just because Onew was't here to cook breakfast, I grabbed a plate from the shelf on my tiptoes, milk on the fridge (still too lazy to warm it), cornflakes there as well. Okay, I seriously needed to learn how to cook as soon as possible.

     At 4:20 PM, dorm was still empty (except for Bangtan Boys), dirty plates on the table, Jonghyun's thick blanket over me, someone knocked the door when I was watching Skins. It was probably someone from Bangtan, I wouldn't like to wildly dance when I was in a extremely down mood like that, a member from Shinee would have keys to open to door, and he did. I didn't care at first but he locked the door behind him and sat next to me.

 

-"Hey, Taem."

-"Hey."

         It was Minho. He probably came from basketball, sweaty all over. I quietly changed the channel, he was incredibly silent a long while.   I can't even explain how annoying that was. "Are you really dating Key?" He whispered. I forgot to breath for a moment, but I pulled myself together and shrugged my shoulders.

 

-"Why do you care about the answer?"

I added with a deep sigh, "actually, why do you even care about me?"

But he seemed determined not to respond logical, he stubbornly repeated.

-"Are you dating Key?"

        Okay, I was starting to get angry (mostly because I didn't know the answer as well?) as I stand up, he was right in front of me, making it easier for me to throw a pillow at him.

-"Why do you care so much?"

-"I don't have to answer it."

-"Well, I don't have to answer your questions either."

-"Taemin, you actually do."

-"Ha, really?"

-"Yes because I love you more than he does?"

-''You should be saying this to Sulli, I guess."

    I nervously laughed, unfortunately there was so one to cut Minho off or save me from this , he kicked the table and ran a hand though his messy hair. Here we are, exploding after all these events and keeping feelings inside.

 

-"Look, I've tried to tell you this million times, but you don't even listen! Do you even know why I kissed Sulli? Damn! I tried to be straight after dating Haru, 'I'm straight' I told myself, but I love you, Taemin. I thought I'd get bullied or get hate messages again just because I have interest on guys and tried not to show it and kissed her because I couldn't even admit it to myself. I tried to forget but I can't, it's even painful while sleeping at night! Taemin, I don't even care how will it affect Shinee but I'm ing in love with you."

 

      It was silence after that. He began to cry, I dropped my phone in shock with my wet cheeks. I though about running up to hug him and never let go, I didn't. I shouldn't. I couldn't. I knew I shouldn't give up this easy, I still had to hurt him a lot. But why was I feeling pain in my chest? Wasn't my plan hurting him? Then why was I hurting myself?

 

   I painfully swallowed my words with a loud gulp, slowly grabbed my phone back and whispered a low "Shut up." My room was the best choice to cry under blankets, but I didn't know that Kim Kibum was also in the saloon with us, since the beggining of this conversation. His wide eyes made me shiver more.

 

 

 

                                                 ______________________________*________*_____________________________

 

Hi there! I'm so sorry for not updating for a looooong while because my computer broke. But I managed to finally update on my ipad, please leave comments. Thank you! ♡