'That Girl'

Painful Choice

 

''Hyung, it was really hard for my family..''

''So for mine,'' Jinki pulled his suitcase behind himself, and added ''my mom cried so much that I thought if I'm going to army or not.''

-''They will get over it somehow.''

-''I hope, baby. I hope.''

        Now, we were heading to our dorm, in our red and pretty much comfortable bus, that  belonged to us anymore. I was in between Jonghyun and Onew hyung, but all I did during the whole drive was watching members, I had to know about them, right? (Not only because I'm ually harrased but still) Minho was next to Jjong, he often showed him something and laughed with him which made me wonder. I mostly talked to members as much as I can, about lyrics and stuff. But Kibum just soundlessly sat there for a hour and texted somebody I wondered who. He was dresssed all black, making his vampire-like smooth skin even more obvious.  But car suddenly stopped, causing me to smack my back harshly and at this moment, he looked into my eyes with kind of worry and curiousy. I sighed as tried turn my gaze away, my heart slightly pounding. I don't even wanna know what's going to be when we get along with each other, if I'm already that ing awkward.

-''Here we are, it's the dorm. Let's go.''

     I stepped out of the car with my suitcase with everyone else. That building was huge, with dark brown-white patterned walls, garden with a lot of trees, colorful garden dwarfs (we had some of them as well, in New York) and lights. It was beautiful, described with one word. Fine, such a pretty beggining.

-''Wait, guys I think we have a problem. Has everyone choosen a stage name?''

-''Uhm.. Mine can be Taemin, I really dislike those weirdass stage names.''

-''They'd call me shortly 'Minho', right?''

-''Jonghyun, as expected.''

-''My nickname is Onew, so it must be Onew.''

-''Mine is Key.''

         Key?

-''But who is the leader?''

-''Jinki is the oldest, right? I guess he should be the leader.''

           I smiled when I heard Lee Jinki, our new leader as Onew, was giggling with this both hands covering his mouth. It was becoming a habit?

-''Okay, guys. Now just move on to dorm and have fun. You all can call me when something happens, have my number? See you later, bye.''

-''Bye Himchan hyung.''

      After he left us in the hallway, Jonghyun checked the number of rooms then turned to face us in a weird gaze.

-''Here are only 3.''

-''Who will stay with who?''

-''I personally want to live with Jinki, since I know him well and he's been my bestfriend for a long time.''

-''So, I'll stay with Minho?''

        It possibly meant Key was going to live alone. Well, it's better, I thought. Onew with me, Jonghyun with Minho. Key is alone. It's okay.

-''Okay then, it's almost midnight, guys. What about we meet up at school tomorrow?''

-''Yup, goodnight.''

-''Goodnight.''

        I curiously entered the room I shared with my oldest hyung, sat on the edge of blue bed and shouted, ''this one is mine.''

-''Alrigt Minnie. I'll take the green one. And you know, it's the room we will live from now on, and please, I beg you, at least try to keep it clean.''

-''Ha, I can't promise about it, but isn't it too early to sleep?''

-''What should we do?''

-''Go check on the others?''

        We decided to do it after putting clothes to our own wardobes. (And after Jinki jokingly kept hitting my shoulder because I was messing up all of them) Then we just went out and knocked on the other doors, soon we 5 were sitting in a circle shape in the room which Minho and Jjong shared. We even played 'truth or dare',  talked for hours and had enough fun until we see the sunlight. I probably fell asleep on  the floor just like Jonghyung did. But still, I woke up in my bed, and I still don't know how.

                                                                                   

                                                            ________________________________×________________________________

 

    'Taeminnieeee~'

   I smiled between my thick blankets, Onew's 'waking Tae up' plan for today was leaning in to my ear and singing my name as a song. Well, I'm definitely fine with that. I always loved his angelic voice. No wonder why is he the vocal.

-''Goodmorning hyung.''

-''Guess what Himchan called the newbie leader of Shinee ,ahem, me, and said?''

-''What?''

-''We 5 will go to our school, you know what I mean? He said 'group members are gonna like it and get to know each other better' I like the way he thinks."

      I felt my eyes widening as  my voice slightly died in my throat.

Minho.

Key.

Me.

At the same school.

.

-''Taem are you okay? You must like it?"

          I gulped and stood up. Seriously, what about no?

-''Yeah, I just.. woke up and still sleepy.''

-''Man, you and your ing love for sleep.. Now go get dressed. It's already 7:25.''

            Actually if had  a chance to do whatever the I want, I'd stay in my comfortably warm bed and sleep all day but my teachers probably wouldn't like it as making me repeat the grades. So I went to wash my face and turned around. Today was going to be 'our' first school day all together, it meant I had to look good. After digging though for a while, I found some cool clothes. A dark green rolled up sleeves, an expensive pair of -really- skinny jeans, some bracelets, and a white watch with a long necklace. A big 'yes' to a fluffy ponytail altough it was too feminene. More than it should have ever been? Whatever. I waited for Onew hyung to get ready, then smiled, grabbed my bag and walked outside of the dorm together. They were there. All of them were there.

-''Goodmorning hyungs!''

-''Goodmorning guys.''

       They looked way too  nice. Jonghyun had a blue vest with white shirt, red jeans. Minho was being colorful than I'd thought, pink tight shirt and shorts.  Key was all black as expected from him. Dark grey pants with black shirt and converses (they looked better on him for sure) with a lot of bracelets and long cross necklace. He had 6 or 7 ear piercings which made my jaw drop when I first saw his ears, combined with the eyebrow piercing. His sharp eyeliner that outlined his cat-like eyes fit them all well.

-''Is this school really good?''

-''Yeah, you'll like there. Nice."

-''It's okay then, I guess I can get along.''

         I was trying my best to keep my gaze away from 2 dangerous poeple for me, but Kim Kibum suddenly glued his eyes into mine and whispered, it quite took me a while to understand who was he talking about, ''Should we really go to school with this girl? And what the is she doing in a all-boys group?'' You really aren't helping, er.

-''I'm not a girl, man."

-''Yes, pretty long and some painted nails, feline eyes, perfect legs, even hair that comes down to your shoulders. Right, definitely not a girl.''

-''He is not a girl.''

-''Then why does he look like one?''

-''I think Taem is cute like this.''

       A big 'thanks' to Minho.

-''If you want to be in a boy group, you should look like a boy, you know? Not a pretty girl.''

         Key sighed and walked away with annoyance, as I looked at my reflection on mirror, on the dorm door. Actually, he was ing right, my apparance really didn't match with the other members. But everyone else was okay with it? I rolled my eyes with a little invisible heart broken, and silently sat between Minho and Onew in the bus, Key told us, he was going to shool with his friends. I really don't know how, but he had managed to transfer some of his friends to my school with himself as well. But he was Kim Kibum, so he had the ability to do anything he want. I talked to group members and also, got complately red when Minho  pinched my cheecks after calling me cute, it lasted until we reached the school garden. I had always felt something with his touches no matter how small and innocence it was.

-''Here we are.''

-''Like, wow? It really looks better than I thought.''

-''I told you, didn't I?'' 

       I grabbed my bag once again and stepped out of the car as people's gaze began to catch us. Especially girls. We walked upstairs, going towards the lockers. I opened mine and took out some books. I waited for somone to bump into me and help me pick up my books as he touched my hands with his pretty own, but we all know that it only happens in stupid movies and books. No miracles for you, Lee Taemin.

-''What's your first period?''

-''Music.''

-''History.''

-''Math. Damn, how fair..''

-''Jonghyun, mine is history either. Let me walk you to classroom? I can show you around.''

-''Okay, bye guys.''

-''Ehm Minho hyung.. Yours at the 3th floor, second classroom at left.''

-''Thanks Taemin, see you on the lunch break.''

          I watched him walking away with some books in his lap. I guess I was lucky I didn't share my period with anyone. I held my books againts my chest like Minho did (he was affecting me, yes he totally was) and tried to get in the class but then I saw Key entering the hallway with 4 or 5 friends, himself on the middle. They all were wearing all black and walking in a weird way like a gangs, Kibum must be the leader, like his friends literally adored him. Still, he was hot. They caught all of the students attention in the second they walked in, seemed like they enjoyed it pretty much. After all, girls love bad boys, don't they? (So I'm considering myself as a girl?) I gulped and whispered to myself, 'Don't look at him. Don't. Don't.' But it was impossible, because he walked past me, and bumped into my shoulder with his own as a warning, causing me to drop my books. Here is your ing miracle, Taem. But not exactly what you thought. Looked like an accident but I knew he did it on purpose. I sighed deep, maybe a stupid homo in a group with 4 straight boys wasn't right. Thankfully, big ring bell, and cut my thoughts off. I pulled up my books together from the floor, walked to my music class and stayed away from everyone until 3th break.

                                                                                                   *    *    *   *   *   *  *  *   *   *   *   *   *  *

-''Taeminnie!''

-''Hyung?"

          I smiled, he always shouted my name in this familiar voice. I bought some food -hamburger, yay!- (probably the only nice thing about today) and walked to the table which Jonghyun and Onew was sitting. Minho was too busy about his.. 'To the beautiful you' drama so he went out of school after first period.

-''Hey, wanna play basketball after school?''

-''I'm in.''

-''Guys, I''m not that talented at basketball. Also I'm a shortie, you see."

-''No worries, Jongie, it's just for fun.''

-''Um, okay then?''

-''Alright, meet up at the school garden at 17:00.''

-''I'll be there.''

-''And please, someone give these rap lyrics to Key. We need to finish the other songs as soon as we can. I'm eating, he is possibly at the back garden, no wonder why."

-''Mmhm, I don't really know this school well, so if I do, I get lost.''

        They turned their gaze to me. Oh, hell no.

-''Go, Taem.''

-''Oh, fine.''

         Onew handed me lots of papers as he carelessly kept on chewing. Now what? Damn, I had to walk to back garden, and that place was just quite really scary. Kinda dark -not as much as Key, at least- like a small forest, almost out of school where normal people (those who has working brains, I mean) were teriffied to go until their footballs were stuck in a tree. Mostly because it was also pretty difficult to go. I held papers between my theeth, climbing the metal rail. I carefully jumped to other side, altough it hurt my hands and knees a little, uh. Well, now where could he have been?

-''Hey.''

         I shivered in shock and turned around to find the owner of that deep voice. I knew who he was. The way his steamy-husky voice being y as hell was a well known fact. Then I finally saw Key, who was sitting on the ground, leaning his back to a a wall between his friends. He was smoking weed? Fumes spreading up all over in the air. But when he looked into my eyes again, all my thoughts quickly left my mind, causing me to even forget why did I go there. It felt like something in his dark green, tired eyes was piercing though my soul.

-''Kim, isn't this the girl you had mentioned this morning?''

-''She actually looks nice even without a skirt.''

              I swallowed and whispered, 'I'm not a girl, you jerk.' But the problem is, is was so silent that even I didn't hear it.

-''Why are you here?''

-''Uh, Onew wanted me to.. give you.. these lyrics.''

-''Fine."

-''And we will play basketball after school. Would you like to come?''

-''Yeah, I'll be there.''

-''Um, okay. Bye.''

          Wait.

              Maybe it was a hallicunation, but he smiled. But not to his friends? To me. He smiled to me. He ing smiled to me. God, it was the first time I saw him smiling. Why would a person never smile when it looks incredibly sweet? I turned around and walked away, trying to soundlessly giggle (if it's possible) and be as less girly as possible. ''Hello back,'' I said, ''Mission completed.''

-''I can't believe that you weren't scared. There's dark and scary.''

-''Mmhm, not that much.''

-''What did he say about basketball?''

-''He said he'll be there.''

-''Oh okay then. It'll be fun.''

-''Of course! I'll text Minho about it. He really likes basketball as well.''

                Wait, how could Jonghyun know Minho that well in such a short time, and even have his number while I didn't? Okay, beat your jealousy up, Taem.

 

                                                                                 *    *   *  *   *   *   *   *   *  *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *

-''Yah!!''

             I pushed the ball to Onew and stepped behind Jjong, then he passed the ball to me again, I jumped and the score of my team finally got a little higher.

-''You little idiot..''

          Minho was from the other team, againts me. He laughed and wrapped his arms around me. I'm sure my cheecks was burning in red, but I kept giggling. 'Pass to me' He then let go of me and added. 'A little cheat won't harm, ha?' I saw Kibum's eyes. He looked.. angry, or weird, or careless, somehow.. Or it was his usual gaze, I'm just completely unsure (not everyone is gay, Taemin) He had white, long tank top with shiny blue basketboll shorts on that perfectly fits his messy, brown hair.

-''Okay, it was last.''

-''No, this was.''

        Then everyone watched Key's basket and how his team won.

-''53-49. End of the game.''

-''Key must be a basketball player.''

-''Not really, I like being a singer or rapper, or whatever the damn it's called."'

      Minho left the ball in the garden and we took our backpacks from the dressing room. We had been playing basketball for 2 or 3 hours, now sweating all over. But it was a nice way to deal with all that stress. Dorm wasn't that far from the school, so we decided to walk.

-''We'll record our songs tomorrow. Does everyone know their own parts?''

-''Yeah.''

-''I do.''

-''Okay then, see you guys tomorrow.''

-''Meet up at the 9:30, okay?''

-''Yup. Bye.''

           We waved at them and entered our own room. Without even taking a shower, I just let myself fall to the bed and pulled my blankets around myself. Warm.. I guess, the thoughts of how Minho hugged me thightly and Key's beautiful smile were the only things that enough for me to sleep and have a wet dream.