Sungyo

Catch Me If You Can

Malkom’s small incident was quickly forgotten as the weeks passed. The same pattern was played out over and over. Every morning the six interns would go to the agency to train and every afternoon they would come home, sore muscles and drained brains to a warm and happy environment. Something all six interns hadn’t had in a very long time. So long they had almost forgotten something like that could exist.

Weeks turned into months and pretty soon, without them knowing it and just as BoA had predicted, they began to rely on and tolerate each other. They had become more then friends and co workers, they had become a family.

Jonghyun and Key weren’t exactly best friends and it was a bit of a challenge, but now they were able to be in the same room and restrain themselves from trying to kill each other. Key, however, was dealing with his own challenge. Every touch, every glance, every smile Key managed to steal from the other male was enough to sent his heart over the edge, but because Key was such a prideful individual, he would rather die before letting Jonghyun know his true feelings. Besides, Jonghyun was straight.

Minho and Taemin had no problem showing their feelings for each other. They had grown extremely close to a point where they could talk to each other with a single look. It couldn’t be any more obvious that Minho was head over heels for the redhead and he knew Taemin liked him back, but even so Minho was still having the hardest asking Taemin out. Remaining clueless as to how Taemin truly felt. Taemin hated himself for liking his hyung. He tried to stop his feelings, but it was too late. Lee Taemin had fallen for Choi Minho.

As for Jinki…He wasn’t going to lie. He liked Changmin… a lot and it was no secret Changmin liked him back. They spent every waking moment together and would find any excuse to see each other through the day while they were at work. They liked each other so much, not even a month had gone by when Changmin asked Jinki to be his boyfriend. Changmin’s hyungs were extremely happy for him seeing that he had finally found someone he could be happy with and Jinki’s dongsaengs felt the same way for their hyung. Every now and then Malkom couldn’t help but tease the couple by asking: “When’s the wedding?” or “What are you going to name the kids?”

Of course, Malkom would always get scolded for asking, never knowing that Changmin was constantly thinking about popping the question. Some would think it was too soon to tell. They had only been dating for about four months, but Changmin knew that Jinki was the one and that he wanted nothing more than to spend the rest of his life with him.

As time passed, Minho began to hit harder, Key began to manipulate better, Onew began to think clearer, Taemin began to type faster, Jonghyun began to aim straighter, and Malkom managed to keep smart comments to herself as well as break into safes and offices a lot easier.

---

Time: 2:00am

Location: Dinner Table

Mission: Drill




Jonghyun yawned loudly and scratched the back of his head as he heard Junsu talk.

“There’s an old building that’s going to be demolished tonight. We thought it would be fun for you to take all the skills that you’ve learned and put them to the test,” he said excitedly.

“So we took it upon ourselves to set up a scenario and see how well you do,” Yoochun explained.

“You’ll be looking for this,” Jaejoong said placing a picture of the silver brief case on the table everyone was huddled around.

“What’s in the brief case?” Taemin asked.

“That’s for you to find out.”

“The point of this drill is complete your mission and to be in and out of that building in less than an hour,” Changmin said.

“You just love timing us, don’t you?” Jinki smiled knowing the whole do-this-under-a-certain-amount-of-time routine too well.

Changmin winked at his boyfriend before adding, “Oh and one more thing… we decided to make this interesting.”

“Interesting?” Key asked.

“You’ll be competing against another team,” Yunho finished off.

Malkom looked over at Jinki who looked at Jonghyun who then turned to Minho, who looked at Key, who turned to Taemin. Almost as if asking each other if they were ready for this.

“Your mission starts now.”

The six interns all shared a look one more time before booking it out of the room and heading towards the door.

“WAIT!” Key ordered pulling everyone into his room.

---

Taemin rolled out the building’s blue prints. Since it was being demolished in about an hour it no longer had any form of electricity, therefore it had no security cameras.

“Is there any way we can speed this up?” Malkom asked.

“Yeah, we already lost so much time changing into these-“ Jonghyun stopped when his eye’s met Key’s glare, “Well thought out y outfits?” Jonghyun finished nervously.

They were all wearing black shinee high top combat boots, black cargo pants, black long sleeve shirt and black beanies to top it off. They all had small ear pieces that had a small mic so that they could communicate with each other.

“Hey, if we’re going to do this we might as well look hot,” Key said. As much as everyone hated admitting it, they liked the way they looked.

“Your call, hyung,” Minho said to Jinki as everyone turned to him waiting for instructions.

“Well,” Jinki said looking at Taemin’s blueprints, “We could enter from the south end of the building...here… then search floor by floor all the way to the roof.”

“Guys… guys…?” Malkom said trying to get her team mates’ attention. She noticed that the team they were up against were already heading into the building.

“Shush, Malkom,” Key hushed.

“Yunho hyung said they placed a tracking device in the brief case,” Taemin said handing everyone a small computer like device.

“This will start to beep rapidly if you come in close contact with it, but be careful there are also fake ones.”

“Guys?” Malkom continued to tug on Key’s sleeve.

“Should we all go? We’ll cover more ground that way,” Jonghyun asked

Jinki shook his head, “Someone should stay in the van and give us instructions,” He said.

“Malkom, you stay in the van-” Minho was about to say when he realized the short figure what nowhere to be found.

“Where’d she-” all five boys turned to find Malkom already running towards the building.

“Aish, this girl!” Jonghyun said running after her, followed by Key.

“Taemin, you stay in the van and use your computer to see if you can find the right suit case," Jinki said running after the four kids. Minho was about to follow when Taemin called out.

“Hyung!”

Minho turned back to the redhead.

“Be careful,” Taemin said with a worried look. This may have been just a drill, but the fact that the building was being demolished, in other words blown up, was real.

Minho let his hand brush against Taemin’s cheek gently, “I will.” With that Minho his heels and ran after Jinki.

---

Inside the building, it was dark. The place was trashed. Desk and chairs were flipped over and papers scattered everywhere. Jinki shined his light on the floor as Key shined his light down the hall.

“What now?” Minho asked.

“Malkom, probably already took this floor. Minho, you and Jjong take the basement. Key and I will take the second floor,” Jinki instructed, “When you’re done come find us and we’ll move to the next floors. Remember we only have one hour. If you don’t find it the brief case, screw it and get your asses out of here. Keep in touch.”

“Arasso,” Minho and Jjong said in unison before going on ahead.

“Let’s go,” Jinki said pulling Key towards the stair case.

---

The minutes quickly passed by: ten turned to twenty and twenty turned to half an hour.

“Have you guys found anything yet?” Taemin asked through his mouth piece looking at his computer screen. There were tree red dots remaining. There were seven originally, but Malkom had managed to take out a fake brief case as did Jjong. The other two red lights had stopped blinking so Taemin assumed that the other team had taken those out.

“Malkom, what’s your position?” Taemin asked.

“I’m done with this floor. I’m heading up to the 8th floor with Jinki hyung,” She coughed.

“Yah, why are you coughing?”

“I was just attacked by a stack of boxes filled with dust!” she said annoyed.

Taemin laughed before checking in on someone else. “Minho hyung, what’s your position?”

“I’m-” There was static and then silence.

“Minho hyung?” Taemin asked again, but there was no response. “Minho hyung!”

“Malkom, Minho hyung isn’t responding!” This time Malkom didn’t respond either. “Malkom?” He asked again. “Jinki hyung?!” Again nothing. “Key! Jjong! Someone answer!” Taemin shouted into his mic starting to get worried.

Taemin looked at the time on the bottom right corner of his screen. They had less the fifteen minutes left to complete their mission, “ me!” Taemin cursed. Not being able to stand his none responsive teammates Taemin ran out of the van and into the building.

---

Taemin was running towards the eighth floor when he suddenly ran into someone. Before any words could be exchanged, Taemin spun around and round housed the person in the ribs. He heard the person curse and grunt in pain. Taemin then threw an uppercut and hit the person right in the gut, knocking the wind right out of them. Now that the person was bent over, Taemin took the opportunity to throw a couple of jabs to their face. The figure fell over still trying to breathe. Taemin was about to through a kick when the figure spoke up.

“Taemin, it’s me!” Jonghyun said holding his hands up trying to keep the maknae from hurting him further.

“Jjong hyung?!” Taemin said helping the other up.

“What are you doing here!? You were supposed to stay in the van!” Jonghyun said angrily.

“No one was responding! I came to tell you guys we don’t have any time left! We have to get out of here!”

“C’mon, let’s go get everyone else!” Jonghyun said now limping to where he last heard Jinki say he was going to be.

“Where’s Minho hyung?” Taemin asked helping Jonghyun walk.

“He’s-” Jonghyun started to say but stopped when he realized Minho was no longer behind him.

---

Malkom’s device started beeping rapidly as the light started to flash. Malkom looked around the room when suddenly her light fell on a desk in front of her. She ran over to the desk and put her device down.

Yes! Malkom thought to herself as she ran her hands over the smooth silver case. I found it.

---

“Taemin! I told you to stay in the van!” Jinki said angrily when he saw the younger males running towards him.

“Not now hyung!” Jonghyun spoke up defending the maknae breathlessly. “Something’s wrong. We haven’t been able to get through to you,” Jinki and Key were so set on finding the brief case they hadn’t noticed their mics weren’t working.

“What the hell happened to you?!” Key demanded when he saw Jonghyun’s bruises that were already starting to show.

“No time to explain! We have to get out of here now!” Jonghyun said grabbing Key and pulling him as he started to walk back in the direction in which he came.

“Wait!” Key protested.

“Where’s Minho and Malkom?” Taemin asked, fearing the worst.

---

Malkom was shining her flashlight as she walked down the hall. Not only was she dyslexic she was also directionally challenged and since no one was responding to her she had to find and exit herself. She heard soft footsteps behind her, but when she turned to shine her light in the direction of the footsteps there was no one there.

“Jjong, if that’s you this isn’t funny,” she said holding onto the briefcase tightly.

Malkom continued on and was about to open a door when she was grabbed from behind and slammed against the wall making her hit her head. The sudden impacted made the girl drop both the briefcase and the flashlight.  As Malkom turned around to face her attacker, she was socked in the face followed by a kick to the stomach making her fall to the floor in pain.

Malkom would’ve hit back if it weren’t for the hit she had received to the head making her dizzy. The least she could do was see the face of the jerk that hit her, “Yah, didn’t your mama teach you that boys aren’t supposed to hit girls?!” Malkom said angrily reaching for her flashlight and shining it at the person expecting it to be the opposite . She immediately froze when she saw who it was.

“Those rules don’t apply if you’re a girl,” The tall figure said.

“S- Sungyo?” Malkom managed to choke out. She didn’t believe what she was seeing. No, it couldn’t be. The Sungyo she knew was dead. Malkom’s eyes widen with both surprise and fear when she realized that the person standing in front of her was in fact her sister.

“How’s it going, unnie?” Sungyo smirked at Malkom before picking up the briefcase. “I’d love to stay and chat, but I’m kind of in a hurry.” She then turned and ran down the hall, disappearing into a stairway.

The room began to get smaller and smaller and Malkom’s vision began to blur. A few moments later she found herself being shaken and a voice calling her name.

“Malkom?...Malkom!” Minho shouted shaking the girl’s shoulder, snapping her mind back to reality, “We have to go!”

Malkom remained speechless and motionless. Minho couldn’t figure out what was wrong, but he wasn’t about to wait and find out. With the remaining strength that he had he threw Malkom over his shoulder and ran towards the nearest exit.