No Going Back

Catch Me If You Can

Malkom came home extremely late that night and soon there were more and more nights when she didn’t come home at all. When she did finally show up, she would have a cut here or a bruise there. Once, she even came home with a bloody lip, but refused to talking o anyone about it.

The five mentors were greatly concerned, but were ordered not to interfere. Jonghyun was too busy spending time with Sungyo (or the enemy as Malkom called her) to notice. Key and Taemin worried, but not for the same reasons. Minho and Jinki did what they could to comfort and pushed her to talk but the more they pushed the more Malkom seemed to pull away.

As time continued to pass Malkom kept trying to convince herself that what she was doing or about to do was okay, but every time an opportunity offered it’s to her she couldn’t bring herself to do it.

He’s my friend. They’re my family.

Malkom knew what it was like to have a broken family. She hated the bastard who did that to her and if she did what she was told she would be doing the same thing. She would be breaking up her new family and would be betraying all of them. There was no avoiding it though. It was what she was hired to do.

 

“Where’s Jinki?” Jaejoong said walking into the living room where five male interns where hanging out.

“Probably out with Changmin hyung.”

“How do you know?”

“Cause there’s a note on the kitchen counter that said: I’m out with Changmin hyung.” Malkom said not looking away from the TV.  She, Taemin, Jonghyun and Minho were battling it out on the Wii and so far Malkom was losing.

Jaejoong smiled down at the kids in his living room. They may have been of age but they all still acted like their shoe size and not their actual age. “Alright, bed time!”

The room was filled with “Awes, Whys” and “After this level.”

“It’s only nine thirty….five” Malkom said looking at her phone. She had a missed call from him. Damn.

“Tomorrow is Saturday, you all know what that means.” Jaejoong said.

Steak out day…

Oh no. She needed to meet him tomorrow, but she couldn’t if she was going to be on a steak out! me!

“But I have a date tomorrow!” Jonghyun spoke up pushing pause on the game, earning glares from the other three. Secretly, Malkom was happy Sungyo was in the picture for once.

Jaejoong thought about it. He was a lot more lenient then Yunho, “Okay, I’ll just take you four then.” Jaejoong turned to the remaining three and Key.

“Actually…” Minho said smiling at Taemin, who was sitting next to him, blushing a light pink, “We have a date too.”

“Fine I’ll take Key and Malkom,” Jaejoong said.

“You can’t!” Malkom said earning a puzzle look from everyone. Jaejoong turned to hear crossing his arms waiting to hear her excuse. “I mean cause… we have a date too!”

“You do!?” Taemin and Minho asked in unison.

“We do?!” Key asked right after.

“Yes!... A shopping date! At the mall with people… so many people,” Malkom voice grew quieter as she continued to extend her sentence.

“But the only kind of shopping you like is when we go buy food,” Key said not helping Malkom’s excuse. Taking Malkom shopping was like trying to keep Key from shopping. Both never ended well.

“Do you want me to go with you or not?”

“Are you feeling okay?” Jonghyun asked he knew Malkom was daring, but he didn’t know she had a death wish.

 If shopping were golf anyone who went with Key instantly turned into his caddie. Anyone and everyone would be his personal mannequin. Agreeing to go shopping with Key mean you agree to let him dress you up however with whatever he wanted. The worst part was you couldn’t complain. Every complained equaled three more stores you had to go to. Ten complaints and you earned yourself a free manicure. Keep it up and you might even get a facial.

“I feel fine, awesome, grand!” Malkom smiled “In fact I even feel a little y…”

“You’re wearing my silk boxers again, aren’t you?” Minho asked with a raised eye brow already knowing the answer, but still hoping he was wrong.

“Hey, they’re really comfy, okay?” Malkom replied.

“Yah!” Minho shouted at the maknae. He couldn’t remember how many times he told her to stay out of his things. She had already managed to steal a pair of his jeans and a shirt too.

“I’m glad we’re going shopping,” Key said looking at Malkom, “You are in serious need of girl clothes.”

“Why can’t she just borrow some of yours?” Jonghyun teased Key. Key gave him a sarcastic smile.

“I have an idea…” Jaejoong smiled.

---

“Tell me again why we haven’t executed this plan?”

“We’re waiting for the right moment to strike.”

“How do you know when that will be?”

“You sure do ask a lot of questions?”

“Not enough. How do you know this will even work?”

“Trust me, it will work.”

“How can you be so sure?”

“Because this time we’ve got a ‘man’ on the inside.”

---

Malkom stepped out on the balcony and listen to her voicemail. It was his haunting voice. She closed her eyes as shut her phone and tried to swallow the guilt that was caught in . She needed to find it and she needed to find it tonight.

She couldn’t remember how she did it, but she had managed to convince Jonghyun to trade her spots for the night. So while he lay quietly sleeping next to Key, Malkom quietly slipped out of the apartment   carrying a small bag she had packed with the necessities she would need.

She took a cab out to the agency and hid in the bushes as she waited for security guards to pass. She only had one shot at this and she wasn’t about to it up. irony she thought to herself as she pulled out a mini laptop and hacked their security system, freezing it long enough for her to sneak inside. After taking out a couple of cameras she found herself on the tenth floor in room 895 standing in front of a big metallic safe.

As she punched in the numbers to open the safe half of her hoped this was all worth it and the other half of her was wishing she would get caught maybe then she wouldn’t have to do this.

She opened the big metal door and there she saw a small computer chip resting on a glass shelf. She took a deep breath as she held it in her hand.

“He’s right. There is no going back now,” she said slipping the small chip into her pocket.

---

Half an hour later Malkom slipped back into the apartment she called home, but it felt different. Something was wrong. She couldn’t put her finger on it, but something wasn’t right. She looked into the dark room and waiting for movement. When none came Malkom slipped the bag under the couch and hid herself under the covers. She closed her eyes and quickly drifted off to sleep never once noticing someone watching her from the kitchen.

I knew it. He thought to himself as he quietly sipped his banana milk.

 

M a l k o m ’ s  N o t e

Wah sorry this is chapter was more Malkom based but she is an important character in here (cuz everyone know all side characters are really the main characters lol) What do you think of Malkom now? dun dun dun

Date night next chapter woot!

 

SunnySun: Forgive me! *kisses you* I’m an idiot! And I’m happy you like it, amor ♥ being able to make you smile lets me know I’ve accomplished something! TE QUIERO~

KpopislifeSHINE: LOL I’m really glad you’re enjoying it! I’ll try to update more frequently

Dibidibidis: Sunyo s jongkey I s 2min and Jongyo! It’s just how the world works kekeke

LanniChu: You will see ><

xXWillyWonkaXx: LOL

Raiiie: Yes in time ^^

Starkey: Yes ma’am! Many thanks for that. I feel so much better (:

babyyspider: *dances with you*

aintyoufunny: Wow thanks that really means a lot to me *hugs* and Sungyo is Malkom’s younger sister ^^ Thank for all your comments they made me smile and love you :PP

SugarPopFiction: Thank you and Key never I repeat NEVER loses >;3

SweetSacrificeV: but she loves it!

shineegirl99: Sungyo is my pimp ♥ aka Really good friend! If we were SHINee she would be Jjong and I would be Minho and we would forever make JongHo that how our relationship is ♥

taeminSHINee: That doesn’t sound so bad actually ;) *shall now think about it*

mintzey: LOL JongKey will come I promise!

kolmilyo: I know, right?! ^^

Sungyo: LOL Not so much now lol ♥ I THINK YOU SCARED THEM AWAY ><" kekeke