My Roommate

Catch Me If You Can

It was rotten luck. Out of all the rooms and floors of that building, why did Jonghyun’s practice room have to be under the boiler room for the fifth floor?

BoA wasn’t lying when she said Jonghyun was talented. He had managed to single highhandedly blow up his work station and caused other minor damages.

Lucky, no one was hurt, but he did damage some of the piping and wiring in the fifth floor. Unfortunately, that’s also where they were planning on keeping the new interns. With that option no longer up for grabs that meant there was only one place left to put them.

The five boys dropped their bags on the floor as they entered the luxurious apartment complex.

“Wah!” they all said in unison looking around the place.

There were three huge windows that overlooked the city. Black leather couches sat in front of a glass entertainment system. A chandelier hung in the middle of the room. Off to the right was a black granite top bar and behind it was a dimly lit shelf full of liquor bottles of all shapes and colors. On their way in they noticed there was a swimming pool out back.  

“This- Minho trailed off.

“Is-” Taemin took over.

“So-” Jinki started.

“Freakin'-” Key said.

“Awesome!” Jonghyun finished.

Junsu let out a small chuckle, “You haven’t even seen half of the apartment yet.”

“C’mon,” Changmin smiled. Out of everyone else he seemed the most excited about his new house mates, “I’ll show you guys around.”

“Shouldn’t we get them settled in first?” Jaejoong suggested, “There’s nothing else to see besides the bathroom and kitchen.”

“The kitchen’s the best part!” Changmin pouted.

“They can look around tomorrow. It’s late and we all need to get up early," Jaejoong said sternly. Even thought Changmin was team leader, he was still the maknae and he still had to listen to his hyungs.

“How are we going to split them up?” Yoochun asked not really in the mood to give up his room.

“That’s easy,” Changmin said.

“Yunho hyung can share with Jae hyung. Yoochun with Junsu hyung, Jinki can bunk with me. The short and tall one can share a room and the baby and the mama can take the other.”

“Short one?”

“Tall one?”

“Baby?”

“Mama?”

It’s not rocket science, hyung.” Changmin said showing Jinki the way to his room, “And besides it’s not like you and Yoochun hyung sleep in your own rooms anyway.”

“Yah!” the four older males scolded. Changmin shrugged and smiled as he continued on to his room pulling Jinki with him.

Yunho sighed. He hated being ordered around by the maknae when it wasn’t work related. He picked up one of the bags that was laying on the floor, tossed it over his shoulder and started to walk down the hall, “I’ll show you the rooms are…,” He said.

Minho followed; secretly working on how he could subtly changed roommates. He didn’t have anything against Jonghyun, but he would rather be stuck with the red head.

Yunho dropped the bag on the floor in the middle of two doors, “Take your pick.”

Taemin was the first to respond, “I want that one!” he said running into the farthest door. He quickly came back, “I forgot something.”

He bent down and picked up his bag and ran back into the room only to come out again.

“Forget something else?” Key said getting ready to walk in after Taemin.

“Yes!” the younger said. “My roommate!”

He reached out and grabbed Minho’s arm pulling him into the room and closing the door. Apparently, Minho’s problem was fixed.

“Guess that leaves you with Yoochun’s room…,” Yunho said walking off.

Key and Jonghyun were left standing in the hallway exchanging glares.

“You’ve got to be kidding me…,” Key said. He pushed past Jonghyun and walked into the room. Jonghyun had taken two steps into the room when he felt a strong shove and found himself in the hallway again.

“What the-” he was cut off by the door being slammed in his face.

---

“I hope you don’t mind sleeping with me,” Taemin said as he began to unpack the few belonging he had.

“Not at all., Minho said smiling to himself.

“I’d just rather be stuck with you, instead of the bipolar next door.”

Taemin was quick to remove his jeans, exposing his milky white skin to Minho, as he changed.

Minho just stood there trying not to drool and looked away as Taemin looked up.

Minho took his shirt off in order to get more comfortable leaving Taemin to stared at his perfectly muscle toned body.

Taemin quickly looked away as Minho turned back around.

One stood as the other sat in silence. What was a friendly atmosphere quickly changed and no doubt there was already some in the air.

Taemin quickly got under the covers and pulled them all the way up to his face to hide his blush. Minho smiled and pretended not to notice for the other boy’s sake. Instead he just crawled into his half of the bed, but far enough so that he could press his back against Taemin’s.

This caused Taemin to feel his face grow even hotter, but he liked it.

“So…,” Taemin said, voice muffled by the sheets.

“Goodnight?”

”Goodnight!” Taemin yelled reaching out to turning off the lights.  

---

Ten minutes turned into an hour and Taemin still couldn’t fall asleep.

“Minho hyung?” Taemin asked

“Mmm,” the other replied

“Are you awake?” Taemin mentally slapped himself for asking a dumb question.
Of course he was awake how else could he have answered him.

“Yeah…”

“Um…do you want to talk?”

“Sure. You go first.”

“I was hoping you would,” Taemin said not knowing what to say.

“Since we’re going to be working together we might as well get to know each other.”

“Okay.”

“Great. You go first,” Minho said.

“Hyung!”