It's All Your Fault

Catch Me If You Can

The rest of the day was awkward. No one spoke to Malkom to which she was thankful for because she really had no idea what she would say anyway, but what she didn’t like was the fact that everyone didn’t even want to be in the same room as her and if they did finally look her in the eye it was only glares and annoyed looks.

 

She found herself outside on the balcony since she had no official room to escape to just being away from everyone was enough.

 

“So what’s this W.P.P chip anyway?” ask Minho

 

“Isn’t Soo Man the only member of this force to be kicked off?”

 

“It’s 1 of 3 Witness Protection Program Chip. It contains the true identities of people that have been relocated and given new identities to protect them from criminals they’ve testified against.”

 

“Why Soo Man would want something like this is beyond me, but our job is to protect it no matter what. Luckily Malkom never made that delivery.”

 

At the sound of her name, Minho hands were made into tight white knuckled fists.

“Hyung?” Taemin said noticing the change in mood.

 

There was a loud boom as the door swung open. It was Siwon…again.

 

“What do you want?” Yoochun asked. “Haven’t you done enough damage to this team already?”

 

“Where is she?!” Siwon demanded pushing past Yoochun.

 

Just then Malkom walked into the room as she removed her headphones.

 

Siwon made his way over to her and grabbed the neck of her shirt “Where is it?!” he yelled.

 

“Where’s what?!” she asked trying to pull away with no success.

 

“The chip! The real one!” he yelled

 

“I don’t know what you’re talking about! I already told you! I took it out of the safe. I never made the delivery and then you guys took it back! I never switched it.” Malkom insisted.

 

“Well someone did and now we have no idea where the chip is.”

 

“That’s not entirely true,” BoA said walking in as well, “We have reason to believe that Soo Man already has it.” she informed everyone. She then turned to the Changmin, Jaejoong, Yunho, Yoochun, and Junsu.

 

“We’re on it.” Yunho said walking towards his room to get changed. Since they received the news that morning everyone was still in their pj’s.

 

“Don’t go!” Malkom said grabbing everyone’s attention. “I don’t know who told you this,” she said looking at BoA, “but I refuse to believe it!” She turned back to her hyungs, “Please don’t go!”

 

No one said anything as they watch Malkom fall to the floor in tears as she begged. Taemin observed from afar feeling like but kept his mouth shut. Again nothing was said as the 5 dispersed to their rooms to get ready only to back a few moments later.

 

“Be careful.” Jinki begged as Changmin pressed his lips against his.

 

“I will.” Changmin replied with a smile that made Jinki’s heart melt. “I’ll be back by dinner time.”

 

“Ready?” Jaejoong asked.

 

“Let’s go.” Changmin said leading the way. And with that the 5 disappeared out the door.

 

With a lightly clicking sound Malkom found her hands be cuffed behind her as Siwon started to walk her to the door.

 

“Where are you taking her?!” Taemin tried to interfere, but Minho held him back.

 

“Malkom you’re under arrest for endangering the lives of innocent civilians. You have the right to remain silent anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. . . ” Siwon’s voice grew fainter and fainter.

 

---

 

“Junsu, have you been gaining weight?” Jaejoong asked as he boosted the duck up.

 

“Shut up, hyung.” Junsu replied.

 

Once they were inside the building they waited for Yunho to turn of any invisible lasers that might set off the alarm.

 

“Easy as pie.” Yunho smiled when he was done.

 

“Ooooh, pie.” Changmin chimed in.

 

“Almost too easy.” Yoochun said becoming serious, but it was too late.

 

Before another word could be exchanged between them they were surrounded by men with guns.

 

“Well done,” a low voice said sarcastically as it grew closer.

 

“Soo Man.” Yunho growled when the man stepped into the light.

 

“My boys,” Soo Man smiled with open arms, “I’ve been waiting for you.”

 

---

 

Malkom tapped her finger on the cold metal table. She was back in the interrogation room waiting for her fate to arrive when suddenly the door burst open and in walked a tear stricken Jinki.

 

“Hyun-” She tried to say, standing up, but she was cut off when Jinki’s fist connected with sending her flying.

 

“Is this what you wanted? Are you happy now?!” he yelled standing over her and kicking her in the ribs over and over.

 

Thankful Minho and Jonghyun ran in and pulled the leader away from the bloody maknae. Jinki had done what everyone wanted to do.

 

“Hyung stop!” Key shouted. His eyes were red and puffy. He too had been crying.

 

“What happened?” Malkom managed groaned as she tried to sit up.

 

“He’s dead!” Jinki yelled as he began to cry again. He threatened to hit Malkom again but his dongsaeng’s grip was too strong. “They’re all dead and it’s all your fault!” he spat.

 

“No,” Malkom whispered to herself. It’s was happening all over again.

 

“Hyung, that’s enough.” Taemin said putting his hand on Jinki’s chest and helped push him out of the room.

 

---

 

 

“Are you gonna be okay?” Jonghyun asked placing a hand on Key’s shoulder. Key quickly placed his hand over Jjong’s, ”Yeah,” he replied. “I just can’t believe they’re really gone.” Key said trying to keep himself from crying again.

 

“It’s part of the job,” Jjong said sitting next to Key pulling him into a hug, “They did this knowing the risk and helping people is something they were willing to do. We should just be happy to have gotten to know them before this happened.”

 

Key hugged back and cried into Jonghyun’s shoulder, “I’m going to miss them,” he whispered.

 

“I am too,” Jonghyun said pulling away to look at Key. “But we have each other,” he said as he wiped Key’s tears away.

 

---

 

“Taemin?” Minho asked stepping into the bedroom where Taemin had run away to be alone. The redhead was laying down crying his eyes out. Minho sat on the bed next to him, “Tae-,” Taemin had sat up and cut him off with a kiss and then buried his face in the taller boy’s chest.

 

Minho quickly wrapped his arms around Taemin’s small waist and just held him.

 

“They’re gone,” Taemin sobbed uncontrollably.

 

Minho Taemin’s hair and quietly shushed him.

 

“Poor Jinki hyung,” he sniffled.

 

“I know, but he still has us. We’ll help him through it.”

 

“Please don’t hate me,” Taemin whispered between his sobs.

 

“Why are you saying that? This wasn’t your fault”

 

Yes it is.

 

“I could never hate you, Taemin.”

 

Don’t be so sure.

 

There was a sudden knock at the younger boy’s door. It was Jinki.

 

“BoA noona wants to see us.”

 

---

 

BoA stood up from her desk and walked over to the boys, who were sitting on the leather couches they way their mentors had done before them.

 

“I know this is difficult with losing your hyungs and this being your first case, but we still have to get that chip back before Soo Man deciphers the code or worse decides to sell it.”

 

They all nodded in silence.

 

“Here’s all the information you’ll need.” She said handing them files.

 

---

 

“What the hell do you mean you’re sending them back?!” Malkom said standing up, but remembered Siwon had cuffed her to the table. ”Soo Man didn’t hesitate to kill Changmin and his team what makes you think he won’t hesitate to kill them too!”

 

“We all have to make sacrifices.”

 

“Then let me go with them.” She begged

 

“No.”