Let The Training Begin

Catch Me If You Can

“We’ll be training you individually as well as together.” – Changmin.



Jinki followed Changmin into a room and sat down at a desk. Changmin dropped a book and a stack of paper in front of Jinki.

“What’s all this for?” Jinki asked opening the huge text book.

“You my chicken loving friend are going to be team leader and this,” Changmin said tapping the book. “Is going to be your bible for however long it takes you learn everything that is in here.”

“Me? Leader? Bible? Really?”

Changmin sat on the desk in front of Jinki and let his feet swing as he reviewed Jinki’s file, “I’ve seen your school records and I must say, not bad. #2 out of the whole school? Why didn’t you keep studying?”

“After my father died my mom couldn’t afford to take care of my siblings alone and still pay for my schooling, so I dropped out and started working. The job I had wasn’t cutting it so I figured I could con people out of money. My mom refused to believe what I was doing was for her and my younger brothers. One day she just picked everything up and left without saying a word. Not knowing what else to do with my life I kept coning people, but I screwed up somewhere along the way thus here I am.” Jinki explained.

Changmin patted Jinki’s shoulder. “Screwing up is not acceptable here. You’re going to have to learn leadership skills and how to make decision in critical situations. One wrong move and your whole team may suffer for it.”

Jinki’s eyes widen in fear. Knowing how clumsy he was he didn’t like the idea of being responsible for other people’s lives. “No pressure, huh?” Jinki joked, “I take it being a leader is something you’re familiar with?”

“It’s something I have to deal with everyday,” Changmin smiled rolling his eyes thinking of his immature hyungs. If anyone knew what it was like to feel pressure as a leader, it was him.

 


“Individually to focus on your field.” – Jaejoong.



Key just leaned in his chair as Jaejoong continued to study him.

“What?!” Key snapped annoyed at the awkward silence.

“You don’t look like a bad person. Why do you steal?”

“I like to have nice things, okay? Five finger discounts are better than hard earned cash.” Key said looking around the room. They were sitting in the middle of what seemed like a really big closet. It was filled with clothes of all sorts and the left wall was filled with shoes, while the right wall was where the mirror and make up were.

“What would your mom and dad say if she knew what you were doing?" Jaejoong asked already knowing the answer. He had poked at one of Key’s true weaknesses.

Key’s expression quickly turned sad, “My mom died of cancer. I never knew my dad.”

He didn’t know why he was explaining himself to Jaejoong, but there was something about the older male that made him feel comfortable and able to trust. That’s exactly what Jaejoong wanted.

“I know.”

“You did?”

Key noticed how easy it was for Jaejoong to play with his emotions.

“What I just did is called psychological manipulation. You use it to your advantage whenever you need to stall. It makes the target vulnerable and buys you time.”

Even though it fascinated Key, it pissed him off too. He didn’t like manipulation unless he was the one doing it.

“I’m going to show you how to read and manipulate people by just looking at them. No doubt you’re already somewhat good at that, but you need to learn to control your temper. You’re also going to have to learn how to change your appearance.”

Key was very intrigued but tried to hide it.

“One more thing…” Jaejoong wanted to point out before starting his lesson. “Try not to make your crush on Jonghyun so obvious.”

“Yah!” Key shouted. “I don’t have a crush on him!” Was he really that obvious?
 




“Together so that you can all learn to appreciate each other.” – Junsu
 


Taemin’s eyes widen with excitement as he stepped into the room that was full of computers and cool gadgets. He looked like a kid who had just walked into a candy store. Junsu smiled. It was the same look he had when he first started working there. He sat Taemin down in front of a computer and sat down next to him.

“We didn’t find any on your computer…” Junsu said looking at Taemin suspiciously. Taemin just grinned innocently.

“We did however find these.” Junsu dropped a stack of bank statements, passwords and account numbers into Taemin’s hands. Taemin’s smile disappeared when he realized he his dark secret had been discovered. Taemin had managed to learn how to hack into people’s accounts and use that information to steal money; their money. He also knew how to tap into security cameras and memorize the guards routes. He then used it to his advantage and break into stores and steal things from there too. Unfortunately he was very sloppy, which made it easy for LIST to find him.

“Didn’t your parents ever teach you to respect other people’s privacy?”

Taemin’s file was the only one that had very little information about him, which was strange. LIST could usually find anyone’s background in 5 minutes or less, but Taemin’s case was different. It was almost if his past had been erased.

“They died in a car accident.” Taemin said sadly.

“Oh…” Junsu said feeling bad. He never thought before he spoke. “I’m sorry.”

“Don’t worry about it.” Taemin said shaking his head then smiling. “What are we doing here?”

“You’re going to be doing the same thing you’ve been doing….”

“Oh?” Taemin asked slightly confused. Wasn’t what he was doing a bad thing?

“The agency uses people like us to get information on suspects,” Junsu explained. “So we’re going to be doing the same thing you’ve been doing only, I’m going to show you how to do it under 1 minute,“ Junsu winked, “…and how not to leave a trail.”



“You fail as a team.” – Yoochun.



Yoochun decided it would be fun to spar with Minho, seeing as that was the only talent the boy really had. His records showed that he had been kicked out of many different schools for fighting. The thing that interested Yoochun thought was that Minho never lost a fight.

They had being going at for a few hours and Yoochun felt that it was time to get to know the kid that would someday take over for him.

“So what happened to your parents?” Yoochun asked holding out his hands for Minho to punch.

“Never knew ‘em. I was found wandering around when I was 6 years old. I’ve been in the system ever since. Being moved from house to house, always being promised that it was the last time I would have to pack my stuff. Even so it’s not like I truly belonged anywhere. Lots of people only wanted me as an excuse to get more money from the government.”

“You can belong somewhere. You can belong to your team.”

“Yeah right.” Minho scoffed at Yoochun’s corniness, dodging one of his punches. “What can a team ever do for me?”

Next thing Minho knew Yoochun had grabbed his arm, flipped him over and slammed him against the ground. Minho grunted as his back hit the floor.

“For one thing” Yoochun said looking down at the tall male. “They have your back.”
 


“You succeed as a team.” – Yunho.
 


“Why do you hate cops so much?” Yunho asked genuinely curious as he walked Jonghyun fight with himself one what to do.

“Doesn’t matter,” Jonghyun said turning back to the job at hand.

Yunho had placed a rectangular box in front of him and told him to disarm it. Jonghyun had been doing crafts like this since he was a kid, but was having a bit of trouble figuring out which wire to cute.

“It does to me. Tell me,” Yunho urged.

Jonghyun sighed. He couldn’t focus with Yunho breathing down his neck and after thinking it over he didn’t see the harm in telling the elder.

Jonghyun sighed and tapped his pliers against the table before replying, “When I was a kid I had an uncle who got involved with bad people; drug dealing and such. One night he called my dad asking for help. A delivery had gone wrong and my uncle was in trouble. My dad showed up with nothing, but the intention of helping. Next thing you know the cops show up and surround the place. My dad steps out of the building unarmed and was gunned down for no reason.”

“You sound like you were there,” Yunho said noticing the annoyance in Jonghyun’s voice at the last part of his short story.

“I was there,” Jonghyun said, not taking his eyes off the object. He was getting ready to cut a green wire.

“Yah, you might want to pay attention to what you’re doing. That’s a live bomb.” Yunho warned.

“Please.” Jonghyun said rolling his eyes. “You think I’m going to fall for that ag-”
 

BOOM!