I'll Be Seeing You

Catch Me If You Can

Jinki, Key, Jonghyun and Taemin were waiting anxiously by their van. They could see the other team cheering on the other side of the parking lot, but not getting the brief case was the least of their worries. Where the hell was Minho and Malkom?

“We have to go back!” Taemin yelled getting ready to run back in, but Jinki grabbed hold of his arm. “We can’t-”Jinki tried to say when a loud explosion cut him off.

In an instant the building’s windows blew out followed by loud crashing sounds. The building quickly caught fire and started to shake, collapsing a few seconds later.

All four boys could feel the heat of the fire and all looked away.

“No…” Taemin thought. They were too late. They had run out of time. Only then did Jinki let go, allowing Taemin to run towards the collapsed building. Taemin grew close but kept some distance because of the heat. He felt tears starting to sting his eyes when he heard faint coughing sounds.

As the smoked cleared, all four boys made out two figures in the distance. One looked like it was helping the other walk.

“Minho…” Taemin whispered in relief as he ran towards them. Minho has Malkom’s arm around his neck and was helping her back to the van when he heard his name be called out. “Minho!” Minho looked up to see a redhead running towards him. Taemin let a few tears fall as he crashed his body against the Minho’s. Minho smiled as he embraced the younger boy with his free hand. “I’m so happy you’re okay,.” Taemin whispered as he hid his face in Minho’s chest.

Minho lifted Taemin’s chin and wiped away his tears with his thumb, “Yah, didn’t I say I would be careful?” Taemin gave him a smile which quickly faded when he saw the blood trickling down Malkom’s face.  Taemin moved to the other side of Malkom and helped Minho help her to the van.

Both Minho and Malkom were dirty from sweat and smoke, but Malkom was the only one who was bleeding badly.

As they reached the van, Malkom fell into Key and Jonghyun’s arms, “Don’t you ever scare us like that again, arasseo?!” Key demanded. He had been too worried to be mad.

“Yeah,” Jonghyun said turning to Minho and punching his arm playfully.

“Omo! What happened?” Jinki asked as soon as he saw Malkom. Key lifted Malkom’s face to get a better look, but Malkom quickly pulled away.

“I ran into an old friend,” She said.

“Some friend,” Key said trying to wipe some of the blood away.

“We should get home and have Jaejoong hyung take a look at it," Taemin suggested. Malkom nodded, but stopped for it only made her head ache worse.

“Man I’m pretty bummed,” Jonghyun said.

“As long as we’re all safe, that’s all that matters,” Jinki said trying to hide his disappointment. He really did want this mission to be a success.

“But we didn’t get the case,” Jonghyun pushed. There was a sad look upon the remaining teammate’s faces when suddenly Malkom spoke up.

“Don’t be so sure about that,” she smiled. Malkom reached into her pocket and pulled out a small thumb drive and tossed it at Jonghyun.

“What is that?” Minho asked catching a glimpse of the small object.

“What the hell!?” a shout was heard from the other side of the parking lot causing everyone to look in that direction, “It’s empty!”

All five boys turned back to Malkom who just gave them a sly look and lifted an eyebrow.

“Did you-?” Jinki tried to ask

“We didn’t get the brief case but we sure as hell got what was inside.” Malkom smirked.

The boys exchanged looks before Jinki hugged Malkom and lifted her in the air as he rejoiced. They howled and cheered, still not believing that they had succeeded. Minho pulled Taemin in for a hug. Jonghyun and Key were about to do the same when they suddenly stopped and looked away from each other as the air around them, quickly became awkward. Their small celebration however was soon interrupted.

“Yah! You little ! Where’s the flash drive?!” An angry voice shouted. Jinki put Malkom down as everyone’s attention was drawn to the beautiful slim figure that was waiting for a response.

“Can’t win ‘em all, love,” Malkom replied taking the object from Jinki and dangling it in front of the other girl’s faces.

Sungyo reached out for the small rectangular devices, but Malkom was quick to snatch it away.

“Do you two know each other?” Jonghyun asked noticing the girls’ behavior.

Sungyo’s attention was no longer on the shorter female, but instead on Jonghyun. Sungyo examined Jonghyun subtly from head to toe and gave him a seductive look. Malkom recognized the look Sungyo gave Jonghyun and knew that just like when they were kids; Sungyo was up to no good.

“Malkom and I go way back. We’re practically sisters,” Sungyo explained with a playful sneer. Malkom gave her a sarcastic smile. No one realized that Sungyo meant that literally, but Sungyo would rather die than let anyone know she was related to Malkom.

“And you are?” she asked looking at Jjong once again.

“Kim Jonghyun,” He smiled sheepishly.

“Jonghyun…nice name.”

Sungyo was the kind of girl who made sure to get whatever she wanted and she wanted Jonghyun. Ignoring the fact that she had just met this beautiful stranger, she walked over to him reached into his pocket where she noticed he had his phone. She pulled it out and called her own phone making sure it stayed registered. She handed his phone back and looked up, “I’ll be seeing you then,” Sungyo winked as she her heels and walked away, not once acknowledging anyone else presence.

“Talk about being confident,” Minho said.

“Talk about being a ,” Malkom said under her breath.

“Who is she?” Taemin asked curiously as Minho, Jinki, Key and Jonghyun all looked in her direction.

“Lee Sungyo,” Malkom simply said. Everyone looked at her as if they were supposed to know who she was. “Remember the friend I ran into…,” Malkom said as she watched Sungyo toss her long silky hair over her should as she continued to walk farther away from them, “That’s her.”

“Sungyo…” Jonghyun whispered to himself as he looked at the new contact in his phone, never noticing the hurt expression on Key’s face.