Suspicions

Catch Me If You Can

That Night
 

“Wah!” Malkom exclaimed leaning back in her chair rubbing her now enormous stomach. “What was delicious, Jaejoong hyung,” She smiled

Taemin and Minho were in their own world as were Jinki and Changmin. Junsu and Yoochun had excused themselves a bit early because they had to go finish up some “paper work”. Leaving Malkom to sit in between Jonghyun and Key.

“Yah, why don’t you call any of us Oppa?” Jonghyun asked quickly catching onto Malkom’s weird habit.

After explaining her issues with that word all ten guys understood. Malkom explained that after her brothers died, she swore to herself to never use that word again. It was too painful. It was also hard for her to get close to anyone out of fear she would lose them again. They also felt it was more appropriate for her to call them “hyung”. It fit her tough tomboy personality.

Jaejoong smiled as he stood up and picked up everyone’s plates. Yunho stood up and did the same. He used it as an excuse and followed Jaejoong into the kitchen. He quickly set the plates down in the sink seized the small opportunity of privacy and hugged Jae’s small waist and capturing the other’s lips. “Dinner was great tonight, babe.” It was hard enough having privacy with Changmin running a muck and now that there were six more people living with them it was even harder yet.

So Yunho made sure to take advantage of every opportunity he got. Jaejoong smiled into the kiss and slipped his arms around Yunho’s neck deepening their kiss before pulling away. “Of course it was,” Jaejoong said against Yunho’s lips, “I did make it after all.” They continued their small make out session when a sudden ding interrupted them. “Laundry’s done,” Jaejoong said pulling away from his lover.

A couple of moments later Jaejoong came out to the living room, where everyone was now watching TV, with a basket full of laundry.

“Whose are these?” Jaejoong asked holding up a pair of baggy tattered jeans. He was half expecting Taemin claim them, but Malkom beat him to it.

“Those are mine,” she said taking the pair of baggy jeans.

“What about these?” Jae asked picking up several graphic tees.

“Mine,” Malkom smiled taking them as well.

“And these?” Jaejoong held up a pair of red lace . Again Jaejoong was expecting Malkom to speak up.

All eyes were on Malkom, “Don’t look at me. I don’t do lace.” She said.

“Those are mine,” Key said standing up and strutting over to Jaejoong.  “What?” Key said when he noticed everyone looking at him with weird looks, “They’re cute.”

 

The Next Day
 

Jaejoong led the boys into a dark room that Jonghyun looked around. There was a glass safe in the corner that contained some sort of thumb drive. A computer and

“Where’s Malkom?” Taemin asked noticing that they were a person short.

“Hey, you’re right,” Key said.

Only then did the five boys notice that the tomboy was nowhere in sight. She had been missing since the morning.

“Malkom won’t be joining you today,” Jaejoong informed them. “She has other matters to take care of.”

“What are we going to be doing today?” Taemin asked curiously.

“There are four bases of becoming a LIST agent: Speed, strength, commitment and common sense. Yesterday we gave you a taste of Strength; today we will test your common sense. You’re going to learn some of the basics of suspect and victim profiling. Key, this is your field so I expect more from you.”

---

“I told you already! I. Don’t. Know,” Malkom repeated herself pinching the bridge of her nose in annoyance.

“What were you doing there then?!” Siwon questioned slamming his hands against the table in frustration.

“I was hired to break in, after that I got my money and left. I didn’t ask questions.”

“I want a name!”

“Siwon, calm down," BoA said, pushing her partner away from the smart-mouthed teenager.

“Malkom, you can go. Don’t think we’re done with you.”

Siwon waited for Malkom to leave the room before continuing to argue with BoA. “She has something to do with it,” he insisted, “I know she does.”

“You may be right, but yelling at her won’t get us anywhere.”

---

“Missed you at training today,” Jonghyun said as soon as Malkom walked in the door.

Great. Someone else keeping tabs on me. She thought to herself, “Sorry.” Malkom apologized not really meaning it. She was tired of being suspected of doing something she didn’t do and really wasn’t in the mood to talk to anyone.

“Where were you?” Taemin asked innocently.

More questioning was the last thing Malkom needed right now. Afraid she might explode in someone’s face, Malkom ignored Taemin’s question, walked into her bedroom and slammed the door. As Key was about to go in after her, a small click was heard.

“Yah, open up,” Key said knocking on the locked door. There was no reply.

“What’s wrong with her?” Minho asked. He didn’t really know Malkom, but from the previous day of being with her, he could tell she was usually a very cheerful and optimistic person.

Jaejoong sighed as he took his apron off. He had just finished cleaning up the kitchen. “She’s been through a lot today,” He said knowing what was going on, but decided to not share his information with the rest of the people in the room.

“Time for bed guys,” Junsu said coming into the living room, “More training in the morning.”

Minho and Taemin didn’t need to be told twice. They both ran into their room and shut the door, leaving Key stranded in the hallway and Jonghyun alone in the living room. A few moments later Key came out to the living room with a pillow and a blanket.

“She wouldn’t open up?”

“If she’s anything like me, and believe me she can be, she probably just wants to be left alone right now,” Key explained.

“Kim Kibum, are you actually thinking of someone else other then yourself?” Jonghyun asked surprised.

“Shut up,” Key said smacking Jonghyun playfully with the pillow, “It must’ve been hard for her, losing her family like that and at the same time too.”

“Yeah,” Jonghyun sighed. “You take the couch,” He said getting up from his comfortable spot.

“What about you?” Key asked feeling bad. He had already kicked Jonghyun out of the room and now he was kicking him off the couch.

“I’ll take the floor," Jonghyun said already lying down.

“Kim Jonghyun, are you actually thinking of someone else other then yourself?” Key asked jokingly.

“Yah, you’re not the only one that can be considerate,” Jonghyun replied wrapping himself up with a blanket.

---

Malkom waited patiently until everyone was asleep before pulling out and phone a dialing a number. It rang a few times before a man on the other line answered.

“They found something,” Malkom whispered into a cell phone, “I can’t tell what it is, but I think they’re onto me… I’ll try smirks I don’t know how long I can fool them…I know…  sighs Give me a couple of days…I’ll find it.”