Chapter 7

Sent By God

 


                      What do I sing?
               
                         Luhan Pov

   
   The sun slowly started to rise on that Saturday morning and it was truly beautiful. Even though it was almost the middle of winter, I couldn't feel the cold at all. As usual, everything was warm around me. I held my hand up as the cold breeze started to move and I couldn't feel it. What I would give to feel the cold again. To feel chilly and have to cuddle in my bed under my soft covers. I still don't know how to change into my human form He told me about. Not being able to sleep or have regular emotions or feel worn out is like trying carry a bucket of water from the shore back to your castle. But it's heavy and no matter how hard you try to be careful you spill it and fumble. Aggravating and heartbreaking.

   I turned my head towards Hyemi's window. I could see her sleeping figure faintly through the light green curtains. She looks so peaceful and quite adorable like this. Her nose does this little twitch thing and she would wake up with a yawn and bring her small fists up to rub the slumber from her eyes. Like the cutest puppy dog. She reminds me so much of her. Someone I knew in my past. They seem so a like.

   I let Hyemi sleep in considering it was Saturday but when she woke up she seemed off. She opened the window for me and made her way out the door and down the hall. I climbed in and followed behind her until she entered the bathroom. I heard the water go on and I sat down in front of the door and waited for her calmly. When she came out I stood quickly but she made her way back to her room.

  "I need to change Luhan…" she mumbled and closed the door slowly. I stood there and waited until she was done. She knocked on the door as sign for me to come in. I opened the door and she was laying on her bed.

   "What's wrong Hyemi?" She sighed.

   "I had a bad dream. A fork was chasing me…he tried to eat me." 

   I tried to hold back my small laughter. She pouted.

   "Don't laugh at me Luhan! It was scary!" My laughter burst out of my chest and filled the room. She have me a serious stare for a second before I saw the small smile crack her cold expression. 

   "Yeah it was kinda ridiculous wasn't it." We laughed together for a moment. She stretched her little arms out before falling back on her bed. I stayed standing by the door. 

   "The talent show isn't that far away and I don't know what I'm gonna sing." She mumbled as she sat up to look at me. 

   "Well do you have anything in mind?" She shook her head. 

   "I have no idea." I grabbed her laptop from her desk and passed it to her.

   "Well take this and get an idea." She nodded her head and gestured for me to sit on the bed next to her.

   She looked through her iTunes over 10 times and couldn't come up with something she wanted to use. 

   "Ok I don't have enough brain power for this." She closed her lap top and pushed it to the side. I giggled and moved her laptop to the night stand. 

   "Maybe you're just distracted. You need to clear your head. Let's go take a walk." I got up from her bed.

   "Oh ! I have to get Christmas gifts!!" She shouted and jumped from the bed like there was a fire. She got her coat and shoes on quick and with out a minute delay we were out the door heading to the stores. She mumbled to herself the names of the people she would be buying gifts for. 

   When we got to the stores she walked around everywhere getting whatever she had money for. I followed behind her as she shopped for her friends. She decided on mostly gift cards with a perfume or cologne to go with it.

   "Are you going to get something for Chanyeol-ssi?" She shook her head.

   "I already go his gift I just forgot about everyone else. And now I have them so I'm happy." 

   She was on her merry way towards the register and when we got there, a small baby boy in the cart in front of us, maybe about 2 years old, was staring at me. I looked behind me to see if anyone was there but there was no one. The boy was still focused on me. I moved my head side to side to see if he would still look at me. But he simply followed my movements and tilted his head side to side. I gave him a confused look and his little lips formed a smile and his tiny body shook with laughter. I smiled at him. It's been a while since I have seen this. I looked at Hyemi who was distracted looking at candy. I turned back to the boy and have him a silly face and watched him laugh harder. I let him breathe before I covered my eyes. He took a small breath before it moved my hands and gave him a silly face. He broke out into a fit of laughter. 

   His mother finally noticed her baby's hysterical laughter and turned to him.

   "What are you laughing at Joonie baby?" She asked gently. He looked up at her with those sweet big eyes.

   "White…he has white." He mumbled along with other babyish gargles. His tiny hands came up to point in my direction. His mother looked up to see who her son was talking about. 

   "There is no man baby boy. Where is he? Show mommy." He let's out a frustrated gargle as his two hands reach out towards me to pick him up. I had to keep myself from reaching for him, knowing I couldn't if I wanted too. He begins to whine and his hands make grabbing motions for me.

   "Junhyung baby what's wrong? There is no on there honey. Do you wanna get out of the cart?" She picked him up to calm his cries. He nuzzled his face into her neck and his cries grew slightly louder.

   
   Hyemi finally noticed the scene and elbowed me lightly.

   "What happened Luhan?"

   "I…kinda made him cry." She went to say something but we got called for check out. She payed for her things and we left. I glanced back at that sweet boy. He was still making grabbing motions towards me and his lip was trembling. Fat tears falling from his rather large eyes. I felt so bad for leaving him but what could I do.
  
   "What happened in there Luhan?" I sighed and let my head fall.

   "That baby was staring at me. I didn't know he could see me but when I noticed I started making silly faces to get him to laugh. When he tried to tell his mom about me she couldn't see me. He wanted to show her and reached out for me to pick him up but…I couldn't. He was crying for me to help him but I couldn't."

Just like before…

   Hyemi walked by my side and gave me a sympathetic look.

   "I'm sorry Luhan. Once you learn to change into your human form you can play with all the babies you want." She gave me a reassuring smile. I nodded my head

   "I wish He showed me how to change before I descended." She nodded. 

   "What did you get your brother for Christmas?" She smiled brightly

   "Well actually I got him a new guitar. I got it customized for him." 

   "How did you earn the money for such a nice gift?" She gave me a thumbs up.

   "I helped out in my schools attendance room. They gave me money sometimes and I saved it up. I had about 200 dollars to spend on it so I just got an acoustic guitar and added a females touch." I smiled at he as she talked about it. It nice to see how much she cares about her brother.

   When we got home we noticed the shoes sitting on the mat in front of the door.

   "Yeol must be home." We made our way and couldn't help but over hear Chanyeol-ssi talking on the phone.

   "Don't worry, I'll tell her about you soon…I know she's my sister…don't be so nervous it's not like your meeting my mother…alright sweetie ill talk to you in a bit…enjoy your class Sulli."

 

 


Authors Note: Told you I wasn't gonna leave Chanyeol hanging. I have had so many ideas for this story and it's definitely gonna be longer then I expected it to be. Rough estaminet of 45 chapters. Just taking a guess but anyway I hope you all enjoyed this one. I was going back and forth writing this, Sing For Me One Last Time and other things. I was writing my ideas for other Fanfics and my script for my school student winter musical I'm directing again for my senior year. It's Christmas themed and the title is Miracles In December. Yeah I know what you're thinking. It's a thing my school and other schools on the island do. It's called SING and it's during fall/winter. It's two shows. Seniors&Sophmores vs. Freshman&Juniors. The shows are writes and directed by the students and I was assistant director this year so next year I'm head director. I'm writing the script. It's work but I love it. I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to comment and up vote ^_^