Chapter 4

Sent By God

                           

                            I'm an Angel

                               No Pov
 
 
    Hyemi dragged herself through the hallways at school. She just didn't want to be there and have to act like everything is ok with her friends when it's not. She just wants to stay home and sleep like a bum but she didn't want to put a burden on her brother.
 
    After her final class she grabbed her iPod and made her way down the sidewalk once she left the gates. 
 
   "Hyemi! Your not taking the bus today?" Maei lee shout out for Hyemi from the bus stop. Hyemi shook her head.
 
   "No! I'm just gonna walk today." With a wave she turned back on her heels and went on her way. 
 
  "We, met for the first time years ago then fell in love at first sight
Baby, no matter where I go, you stand by my side just like my shadow
From time to time, there are just so many things to prove our love
Even when I’m sick, even when I collapse, she’s the only one remaining by my side."
 
   She sang along happily to her favorite Super Junior song, From U. This song always put a small skip in her step.
 
   She didn't quit notice the 3 men that were following her not so far behind. 
 
   Once she noticed things weren't quit right she began to walk faster and faster until something pulled her backwards into one of the dark alleys. She didn't realize how bad this really was until her back smashed against one of the brick walls and 3 men towered over her. She clenched her fist tight and looked for a quick way to escape.
 
   "Why aren't you looking at me you ! Am I not handsome enough for you?! You ing woman piss me off you know!" The largest male stepped closer till she could smell the alcohol on his breath. She kept her eyes to the side where she saw a perfect opening to run. 
 
    There was a small shop open with customers walking in and out happily. She knew she could make it over there quickly and call the police or her brother.
 
    Clenching her fist tight, she punched the man in her face as hard as she could before running. She didn't count on the other two grabbing her by her hair and throwing her backwards till she hit the ground hard, hitting her head in the process making her vision blurry.
 
   "Keep her still!" The largest man order as the others held Hyemi's almost limp body down. With her fuzzy vision, she couldn't really tell what was happening but she could see the man ing his pants.
 
    Before she passed out she heard the man infront of her grunt loudly before falling to the ground holding his head and a tall boy dressing in white standing there. Then her sight went black.
 
~~•~~
 
   "Uhhh…oww." Hyemi groaned as she rubbed her head from the painful headache. She thought she would still be in the alley all busted and bruised but she was laying on her couch with a blanket coving her and an ice pack on her head. She tried to sit up but layed back down do to the pain that shot up her back and head.
 
   "Don't try to sit up. You need to rest longer." Her eyes widened at the voice that was way to light to belong to Chanyeol. She turned her head slowly and found a rather handsome dark hair boy with striking facial features. Though he was handsome he was still a stranger in her house!
 
   "Chanyeol!!" She screamed as she sat up abruptly, ignoring the pain in her back. She completely forgot the fact that Chanyeol had late classes on Wednesday so he wasn't even there.
 
  The boy took a step closer…
 
   "Get away! Who are you?!" She asked bringing the blanket up closer to cover herself more. 
 
   "I don't wish to harm you. I…I saved you from those males who wished to take advantage of your frail body." He stepped closer to Hyemi making her move away more. Shutting her eyes tight waiting for him to do whatever it is he was going to. But nothing came. When she opened her eyes, the boy had grabbed the ice pack and placed it on the table.
 
  "Hyemi…" she looked at him in shock.
 
   "How…how did you know my name?" He smiled and took a small step closer.
 
   "I know you might not understand this but please listen. I'm telling the truth." She nodded her head. The boy made eye contact for a brief moment and bowed to her.
 
   "Hello Park Hyemi. My name is Luhan and I was sent here to help you." She tilted her head to the side in confusion.
 
   "Help me? Help me with what? I don't even know you." The boy sighed before moving to edge of the couch next to Hyemi before getting down on one knee in front of her. 
 
   "I was afraid you would say that. If you don't mind, instead of telling you…let me show you." He closed his eyes and clenched his hands into fists.
 
    His skin started to glow in an amazing way. Hyemi's eyes widened once she saw the most beautiful white wings burst free from his back. Small feathers flying in the air, one landing on her lap. Hyemi was speech less.
 
   "Don't be afraid, I won't hurt you. You know that already." Luhan smiled as he held his hand out for her to take. 
 
    For some reason, Hyemi could feel the very friendly and warm atmosphere growing around her as she put her small hand in his. 
 
  "Close your eyes." Luhan spoke softly. Hyemi let her eyes flutter close. 
 
    Not holding anything back, Luhan sent her a mental image of his exchange with God. Hyemi finally realized that this wasn't a dream or a hallucination brought on by her fall…this was real.
 
   When the image ended Hyemi's eyes fluttered open to look up at the bright eyed Luhan in front of her.
 
   "You…you're a real angel…" he nodded his head and stood up from the ground. 
 
   "And like I said, I'm here to help you. Once my mission is over I will leave but for now…here I am." Hyemi giggled but that annoying pain in her head shot up again. 
 
   "Are you feeling any better. You hit your head pretty hard. Does it still hurt?" Hyemi nodded her head slowly as she got up from the couch. 
 
   "Thank you…for saving me back there. I would have been in a lot of trouble if you weren't there." Luhan smiled. A smile that Hyemi could instantly fall in love with.
 
   "Let's just be happy I was lucky enough to find you on my first try. When I got beamed down I kinda ended up in Incheon instead of Seoul so I flew over here to find you. If I was earlier I would have got to you before they attached you. My apologies Hyemi." He bowed again and Hyemi gave him a pat on the back.
 
   "It's ok Luhan. I'm alright and that's what matters. You did we'll." 
 
    Luhan smiled. That's one thing he love to hear the most. He loved when people told him he did a good job. 
 
   They went up to Hyemi's room and Luhan stood by the closed door as Hyemi sat on her bed and did her homework. Luhan knew what he had to do but he didn't know where to get started. Hyemi seemed fine but according to what he was told…she needs help.
 
   "You don't have to just stand there. You can sit down." Hyemi said not looking up from her book. Luhan looked around and saw a small chair next to the window and plopped himself down. Being in his Angel form he doesn't get tired or need rest but he didn't want to be rude.
 
   "Your room is pretty." Hyemi nodded her head. 
 
    Hyemi had to admit, she was still in shock from the whole situation and it's just starting to really sink in. Out of all the years she sat praying and praying and thought no one heard…her prayers were answered. God sent her an angel. A very good looking one at that. If she doesn't hold herself back she might catch herself falling for him…
 
    She fought the blush that threatened to brush she cheeks and shoved her face deeper into the book. 
 
    The next 3 hours spent waiting for Chanyeol to get home was spent with awkward silence. The two didn't know where to start a conversation. What could an angel and a human have in common. 
 
    Once Chanyeol came home Hyemi sprung up and ran to the door.
 
   "Uhh…Luhan just…stay in here." Luhan nodded his head as he watched Hyemi close the door behind her.
 
   "This is going well." He mumbled to himself as he sat down on her bed with a huff. 
 
   He looked at the pictures Hyemi had around the room. He couldn't help but smile. 
 
   Cute pictures of her as a baby laughing and playing with her family and it was simply adorable. He definitely found Hyemi beautiful. How she couldn't see that herself was beyond him but he's gonna do his best. 
 
   After a while Hyemi came back into the room ready for bed. Luhan stood up from the bed and stared at her.
 
   "Umm…well I'm gonna go to bed soon…" she looked around the room leaving Luhan in confusion. She opened the closet and looked under the bed until she opened the window and looked at the large tree outside. She turned back to him and pointed at the tree.
 
   "You can sleep here." 
 
   Luhan looked at the tree then back at the Hyemi.
 
   "I'm not a human Hyemi, I don't need sleep." She turned with a small sigh.
 
   "But still…I can't have a boy in my room. So at night you can stay here." Luhan giggled at the girls flustered face. 
 
   "You're nervous around me…why?" Hyemi sighed and took a seat at the edge of her bed. 
 
   "I don't know…for years I thought I was being ignored and now my prayers are really being answered…I guess I'm happy but still pretty shocked." She chuckled lightly. Luhan smiled and placed a hand on her shoulder. Their eyes met in a strong yet gentle gaze. 
 
   "There is no need for you to feel nervous or scared anymore Hyemi. I'm not going to hurt you in anyway. I'm here simply to fix your problem and make you feel happy again, but if it makes you more comfortable…I'll stay outside at night. Okay?" Hyemi nodded her head and released the breath she didn't know she was holding.
  
    Luhan easily climbed out the window and sat on the big branch in front of Hyemi's window. She smiled.
 
  "I'll see you in the morning then Luhan." He grabbed her hand gently with a smile.
 
  "I'll see you in the morning Hyemi." She blushed and closed the window. She turned her lights out and climbed into bed, throwing the covers over her head and closed her eyes.
 
   "Why did God have to send an angel that was incredibly good looking? God is testing me now, I'm sure of it." She mumbled to herself before forcing herself to sleep.
 
   Luhan sat in the tree and looked up at the stars.
 
  "I almost forgot how beautiful Earth was while I was gone. Not as beautiful as heaven but beautiful in its own way." He smiled to himself when he thought about Hyemi's flustered face. It was so cute.
 
  "Since I know your listening up there I just thought I would say, you should have told me how beautiful she was in person. You did that on purpose didn't you?" He laughed to himself when he thought about what God might be saying back to him right now. Surely something along the lines of 'I'm just a great father' or 'well I really worked hard on her didn't I?' With a sweet but smug expression.
 
   "You never make it easy do you?" 
 
   He glanced back at the window before looking back up at the moon with a smile.
 
 
 
 
Authors Note: Hyemi and Luhan are cute aren't they? I really wanted to show the strong connection between them. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to comment :)