Chapter 5

Sent By God
Please the authors note at the bottom ^_^
 
                   
 
                    Secretly by your side
 
                           Hyemi Pov
 
    I woke up before my alarm this morning. Everything seemed normal until I looked out my window and saw white. It was Luhan, sitting peacefully on the largest branch of my tree right outside the window. He was turned with his wings out and wrapped around him like a blanket. I wonder if they get cramped because he keeps them tucked away. Maybe I'll ask him later. 
 
   I started getting ready for school. I thought about what happened yesterday. I am still trying to let it sink in that he's real. It's something I have thought about once before. My Prince Charming saving me and telling me I'm beautiful. To bad all the guys I thought were my Prince Charming just turned out to be retards in tin foil.
 
   Once I was done getting ready I tapped on the window and Luhan turned to me. I opened the window and he climbed in effortlessly.
 
   "How did you sleep?" He asked gently as he handed me my book bag that was placed at the end of my bed.
 
   "It was okay…oh I have a question." He tilted his head to the side and I continued.
 
   "Do your wings get cramped up because you tuck them away?" He giggled at the question and nodded his head.
 
   "Yeah a little bit." I nodded my head and started walking to the door. He followed behind me but I stopped before opening it.
 
   "Ok how is this gonna work? I can't just walk around with you here or at school but you have to stay with me." I thought to myself as I tried to think of plan. He opened the door for me and put a hand on my shoulder.
 
   "Trust me. No one will even notice I'm there." He gave me a gentle push out the door before closing it behind us. As we walked down stairs I grew nervous. What if Chanyeol sees him? What would he think? He's definitely going to start a fight. Damn brotherly protection. As we approached the kitchen, me and Luhan poked our heads in to see Chanyeol placing the food on the table. He looked up and smiled at me. 
 
   "Come on Hyemi, everything's ready." He gestured me over. I looked up at Luhan who gave me a nod.
 
    I slowly took a seat next to my brother and began eating. Chanyeol ate without a word or a confused look as to why there was another boy at the table. 
 
   We ate normally as we usually do and then he sent me off to the bus. Still with out a word about Luhan. Once we were around the block I stopped walking. 
 
  "Why couldn't he see you?" Luhan laughed quietly.
 
  "Because no one else can see or hear me but you unless I want them to or I'm in my human form." 
 
Oh…yeah well that makes sense.
 
   "How do you change into your human form?" He shrugged.
 
   "Haven't figured that out yet. Big man didn't really explain that part to me sadly."  
 
   When we got to the school gates everything was normal. No one looked at me weird or ask about the cute new boy dressed in white. He stood my my side and practically clung on to me…but in a nice way. His job is to take care of me and he's being seriously sweet.
 
   Our first class together went well. Luhan sat on top of the empty desk next to me and watched me carefully as I took my notes. His eyes would occasionally dart around the class room and look at the other students when I looked up at him. It was cute. 
 
    The rest of the morning went the same. He seemed quite fascinated with his new surroundings. He followed me to lunch and we sat down at my usual empty table in the back. I placed my lunch down and started to eat. He sat down across from me and just watched me.
 
   "What are you looking at?" He looked rather puzzled.
 
   "You look fine to me but they say you're not…why is that?" I stared at him for a short moment before hanging my head low and releasing a small sigh.
 
   "You see that boy over by the window. With the blue head phones?" He turned his head and nodded.
 
   "That was my first crush. He led me on for a few weeks then said we should just be friends. Something about family problems and now isn't a good time. A week later he hooks up with a freshmen from another school and their dating now. He was my first crush and first kiss. This was 3 years ago."
 
 I took another breath.
 
   "You see that tall kid sitting by the entrance with the green and black shoes. He was the first boy that ever asked me out on a real date. On the day of our date he cancelled and said something important came up but really he was at the movies with his friends and some other girl. He said he wanted to be just friends. That was 2 years ago."
 
 I scoffed loudly. These annoying memories are coming back all at once and I don't know if I can take it. He's here to help so I gotta tell him everything. 
 
  "Now that idiot over there. With the light brown hair and glasses. We have been close for a while and he finally asked me out after almost 4 years of friendship. We talked for a few months till one day he just stopped all together. His friends came up to me and said I was to clingy when in reality me and him barely talked through out the day. When we did it was a quick good morning and how are you but I liked him a lot. I'm over it. That was last year."
 
   I was gonna shut up when I saw the devil himself step into the lunch room with his little ornament on his arm. I scoffed once more.
 
   "Now, Mr. High and Mighty over there who just walked in. That's Minwoo. First guy to ever make me feel pretty. We talked for almost a month till the other day he told me we should just be friends. This was the first time I actually got aggravated by hearing this. I mean you would think I would be used to this by now but whatever. The girl clinging to him like a lost puppy is Jieun, the school . His little trophy girl he parades around school." 
 
   When I finished my depressed rant I pushed my lunch to the side. I'm not hungry anymore. When I looked up at Luhan he looked…sad. It wasn't pity…but real sadness. The only other time I saw that expression was on Chanyeol. I hung my head low. Talking about this always makes me feel really down. He looked at me it was with something gentle.
 
   "I understand now Hyemi." He smiled. A smile that looked that of a love sick puppy. 
 
   The rest of the day my mood was turned to . It seemed that everywhere I looked I saw one of those s just strolling down the halls like the world was a beautiful present filled with rainbows topped off with an adorable red bow. Meanwhile, I'm walking around with a rain cloud over my day.
 
    We were walking through the hallway to my last class when Luhan stopped me.
 
   "What's this Hyemi?" He pointed to the blue piece if paper on the bulletin board. It was for the winter talent show here at the school next month. 
 
   "It's for the winter talent show Luhan. Why?" He smiled at me
 
   "You should sigh up. I know you sing really well. Look today is the last day. Sign your name." I looked at him with wide eyes. I mean I love to sing but not in front of all those people, not by myself anyway. I shook my head.
 
   "No way! I don't sing well enough to sing in front of all those people." He giggled.
 
   "You sing beautifully Hyemi. There is no need to be insecure about such a lovely talent." I was gonna protest again but I let out a huff and took my pen from my bag.
 
   "Fine…" I signed my name quickly and turned. I heard him chuckle lightly as he followed behind me. 
 
   By the end of the day we sat on the empty bus together. I let him sit by the window and enjoy our mini sight seeing trip until we got home. I sat next to him and thought about our day. I can't believe he got me to sigh up for the talent show. What am I gonna sing? I can't even sing! Ughh!
 
   We got back home and I went about my regular routine. I made a snack, did my homework and got ready for school tomorrow. Thank god it's gonna be Friday.
 
   Luhan sat by the window playing with my guitar. He looked kinda frustrated and sad at the same time. I pulled a chair up next to him.
 
   "What's wrong Luhan? You look upset. Can angels even get upset?" He giggled.
 
   "I'm not upset Hyemi. A friend of mine taught me some stuff on the guitar a while ago but I can't remember anything now." He pouted. I stood up and started adjusting his fingers.
 
   "This is a G. Try it." He strummed the strings with his thumb lightly. He smiled at the sound. I adjusted his fingers again.
 
   "Try this one. This is a C. Keep strumming till I say stop." He nodded and stunned away slowly. I counted in my head
 
 1…2…3…4…1…2…3…4…1…2
 
   "Ok stop here. Now strum this twice. This is an F. Then go back to C." He nodded his head and followed my instructions.
 
   We continued like this through the whole song until he was done.
 
   "Congratulations. You just played Jingle bells." He laughed. I patted his shoulder lightly and he placed the guitar back down in the corner.
 
   "Luhan…I know this is a weird question but…how did you…umm…die?" He froze for a quick second before looking up at me from his spot on my window cil. 
 
   "It's a bit of a long story but if you really want to know I guess I can tell you." I nodded my head. He sighed deeply and let his head drop. He took my hand gently and sat me down on my desk chair.
 
   "I'm not gonna tell you everything just yet but to make a long story short…I was killed…trying to save someone that meant very much to me." 
 
   He kept his eyes unreadable but through his words I could feel his sorrow. Even angels get sad sometimes too. I brought my hand up to caress his soft brown hair gently. Maybe comforting him just a little bit would make him feel better.
 
   "You don't have to do that Hyemi. I'm supposed to be comforting and helping you not the other way around."
 
   "Are you a freaking mind reader now?" I giggled. 
 
   Our small romantic moment was cut off by hard footsteps from the hallway. In a flash, I pushed my seat back over to my desk and took my pen back in hand and pretended to be studying. A soft knock came to my door as it opened.
 
   "Hyemi~" My childish older brother cooed as he came in and plopped down on my bed. I smiled and turned my seat over to face him. When I turned I noticed the window was slightly opened and Luhan had sat himself on the big branch comfortably. 
 
   "Damn Hyemi. Your room is always freezing! Keep the window closed in the winter or your gonna freeze to death in here." He chuckled as he shut the window and sat back down on my bed. I laughed.
 
   "Don't like it then don't come in here. I could have been getting undressed you insestious ert. Knocking while you come in defeats the whole purpose of the knock." He laughed as he threw one of my pillows at me.
 
   "How was your day child? None of those idiots tried to bother you did they?" I shook my head and threw the pillow back onto the bed.
 
   "Today was actually a pretty good day. I kinda signed up for the talent show at school…" I mumbled the last part to myself. Unlucky for me my brother has hearing like a freaking dog. Him and his damn dumbo ears. He shot up and hugged me. He lifted my tiny body from my seat and spun me around.
 
   "That's great news Mimi!! I'm so proud of you and dad would be too. You're finally breaking out of your shell. When is the show? I need to take the day off." 
 
   I was amused by his excitement. He grabbed my hand a pulled me out of the room. I took a quick glance at a smiling Luhan out side the window. He gave me a quick thumbs up as I left. I giggled to myself quietly. Why do these two boys remind me of each other. Both so mature but childish. Both so protective but lenient. Both so strong but fragile. A perfect balance in my opinion. 
 
   Perfect balance of princelyness  and blissful ignorance.
 
 
 
 
Authors Note: I know I haven't updated in a while due to my school work and I apologize. But Junior year of high school is very important since these grades will be sent to colleges. I need to work really hard but in my absence many things have happened. #1, I became co-director of one of my school's musical competitions. It's called SING and it's like a class vs. class type of thing. Freshmen&Juniors Vs. Sophomores&Seniors. #2 been really focused on my school work and getting my grades up and finally lucky #3, I started dating the guy of my dreams!! His name is Dominick and he has changed my view of life completely. We have known each other for 2 years and had what we thought were one sided crushes but they weren't. He's amazing and actually changed my focus of this story so I had to make a few writing changes for my future chapters, you guys will see what I mean by that soon. And the best part about him is he doesn't mind my kpop obsession. He likes anime and all that good stuff so he's freaking perfect. So no I didn't forget about my loyal subscribers <3. Hope you enjoyed the chapter! Don't forget to comment and up vote.