Chapter 2

Sent By God

 

                    A Very Caring Brother

                          Chanyeol Pov

                    
    Hyemi is acting strange. She came home from school and is currently held up in her room. 
 
   I know my sister better then anyone…better then I know myself actually and when she gets like this…something has to be wrong. My sister is very difficult for others to read but for me it's as easy as a children's book, though she might say other wise.
 
   I pretty much raised her so in a way she's like my daughter. Mom and dad were the type to have a lot of alone time. They didn't really pay much attention to us unless it was about little things. Though my dad seemed to care a lot more then my mom did sometimes.
 
    I was the one that helped her with her school work, helped bathe her and get ready for bed at night. I told her stupid bed time stories I came up with off the top of my head and layed with her till she fell a sleep. I was the one who made her lunch for school and put her honor roll certificates and report cards on the refrigerator. Whenever she cried I was the one she ran to for comfort. I don't want her to be sad anymore.
 
    When dad died…she shut down. She barely came out of her room or ate. She started slacking in school and wouldn't talk to me but when I finally got her to open up she wouldn't stop crying. I never want to see that again. 
 
  But for some reason I think I know what's wrong…I just need to watch the signs.
 
   #1: Daydreaming 
   #2: Forced smiles
   #3: Hurt Eyes
   #4: Excuses to leave to her room
 
 I just have to watch and if I'm right…I just hope I'm not.
 
   When I finally made dinner and I called her down to eat. She came down in her night clothes and looked like a train reck but she was saying its because she didn't feel well.
 
   I set her plate down I front of her and we started eating. She didn't talk much at all. 
 
   "Hyemi…are you ok?" She looked back up at me quickly.
 
   #1: DayDreaming (check)
 
   She nodded her head and went back to her food and continued daydreaming.
 
   "You sure?" She smiled. Though it didn't seem happy. I could tell she was still sad but she didn't want to worry me. She's always like that. She thinks she owes me everything but I take care of her because I want to not because I'm forced to. She's my sister and I love her.
 
   "I'm sure Oppa." She smiled again but I can tell by that puppy look in her eyes she was sad.
 
   #2: Forced Smiles (check)
   #3: Hurt Eyes (check)
 
   The rest of the meal went by slow and quiet. We didn't talk much. When she finished she took her dishes to the kitchen. When she came back she forced a smiled again.
  
   "I'm not really feeling well so I'm gonna go to bed early." She kissed my cheek lightly before leaving to her room. I sat there at the dining table.
 
   #4: Excuses to go to bed…(check)
 
   Please let me be wrong…
 
   I waited for a while before I decided to went up stares. I walked back and forth in my room.
 
  Should I go to her room? No! What if she doesn't want to talk to me right now? What if I'm wrong and she really just doesn't feel good? But what if I'm right and she's crying her eyes out in her room alone? 
 
   Aishh!! Why can't she come to me like when it first happened? After that she just kept it to herself and when I would hear her crying in her room I would go over there and hold her until she fell a sleep. 
 
   I couldn't decided on what I should do until I heard that one chocked sob that I knew wasn't me. I know she didn't mean for me to hear her but I did and I knew I had to do something.
 
   I left my room and walked quietly over to her room. I knocked on the door but I knew she couldn't hear me over her sobbing. I took a small breath before I turned the knob and opened the door. 
 
   She was curled into a ball on her bed facing away from the door. Her shoulders moving with every sad cry. She turned towards me after seeing the light from the hallway invade her room. 
 
   I guess she realized she couldn't hide this from me anymore and got up from her bed and hugged me tightly around my waist. I held her back and caressed her hair gently. 
 
   "H-how did you know?" She stuttered out and I kissed the top of her head lightly. 
 
   "I'm your older brother. I would be an idiot if I didn't know." I lead her back to her bed and I held her. She curled up against my side like a baby. 
 
   "Tell me what happened." Once I said that she started crying again. 
 
   "I don't know what I do wrong Chanyeol. They all just seem to leave me. I…don't know what I do. They all say I'm special to them then they leave. I'm just not pretty enough Yeol! Why aren't I beautiful like all those other girls? I…I just want to be pretty like they are and walk around and be happy like them…why can't I have that?"
 
   Her words angered me. How could she say that? My sister is damn gorgeous and extremely bright! 
 
   I took her tear stained cheeks in my large hands.
 
   "Don't ever say that! Your beautiful and incredibly smart Hyemi. Don't…don't ever say your not pretty enough again. He's a jerk who doesn't know what he's missing. He's a stupid boy so please don't cry over this any more." 
 
   Though I just told her not to, she started crying again. I pulled her into a hug and rocked back and forth.
 
   "Do…do you think I'll ever fall in love Oppa?" I giggled at her sweet question.
 
   "Yes Hyemi. I believe your gonna find the love of your life one day and you guys are gonna fall head over heels for each other. I promise you." 
 
   I continued to rock her slowly until she fell a sleep. I tucked her in bed, careful not to wake her up and I went back to my room.
 
   This is the fourth time this has happened to her and it really breaks my heart every time I see it. 
 
   I know she is gonna find her prince one day…I just don't want her to lose her confidence and faith before that happens. 
 
   Something that I haven't done in quit some time, I felt it was called for. I sat at the end of my bed and folded my hands and prayed…
 
   "Please God…help my sister. She is struggling and this isn't something I can help her with, but you can. My baby sister is looking for something that she can't find…so please help her. She really deserves happiness. I don't want this to hurt her anymore."
 
 
 
 Authors Note: Chanyeol is such a sweet brother it makes me wanna cry lol I was thinking of making a love interest for Chanyeol sometime in the story too. Hope you all enjoyed this chapter and don't forget to comment :)